PDA

View Full Version : Good way to get monk DEX?

Whitestuff
04-07-04, 04:43
How can a monk get dex experience now? Poking was decent exp., but now that's gone (which is fine), but how can I get my newbie monk friend some DEX? He has gained up to level 40 PSI naturally, and one point of DEX. Please, suggestions. I also teamed him with my lowbie spy, who is 34/30, he gained no exp from that. His rank is 25/20 btw. Going in now to raise it more to see if that helps get him some DEX off my spy, but I don't know if it will or not. Thx in advance.

Agent FunHead
04-07-04, 04:48
having sex with droms and then recycling their bodily fluids is my fave method

theres probably better junk than that but none as satisfying ;)

Whitestuff
04-07-04, 04:59
That's morbid and kind of arousing, but rec exp is slightly less crap than drilling holes in my own foot..... unless of course you put all points into recycling, but hey, I got to run.... LIKE THE WIND!!!!!1 Anyway, keep suggestions coming.

Sorin
04-07-04, 05:03
I don't know how viable it really is, but in another thread about a week ago I saw quite a few people saying they've been leveling their DEX on their monk by going Melee. So, um, try that I guess? Haven't tried it meself, capped both my APU's and PPU's DEX.

Ryuben
04-07-04, 05:06
repairing a rhino.......my friend capped his INT with it maybe u could do ur dex

oh wait they patched that ;) now its medioca XP for monks dex

IceStorm
04-07-04, 05:50
The same way anyone else caps a skill that they normally get no XP in - missions. Lots and lots and lots of missions.

poop
04-07-04, 06:21
screw missions, use melee.

if you are ppu this is easy with antipoison sanctum/heal sanctum in swamp caves. if you are an apu find a ppu to heal you and damage boost.

long before the recent melee changes i capped my ppu's dex using a laserblade. the varous mobs in the swamp caves gave about 4-8k exp each (if i remember correctly).

now i would suggest drugging into constructed brassknuckles. they do less damage than what i used, but would probably be quicker and less tedious than any other method by far.

Richard Slade
04-07-04, 06:34
Droning! Yay!

amfest
04-07-04, 06:52
Droning! Yay!
You mean put points into two subskills to level dex then lom them both? ummmmm . . . Unless you're a freak like me and likes wierd setup characters and like to drone with yer monk to lure people looking for a droner only to find a monk with massive dmg coming at you. *shrugs*

I'd say melee. Use it from the start of your monk and get basic heal and such. Level up your dex and str that way. and then go for you psi afterwards. Shouldn't take that long to do.

Whitestuff
04-07-04, 07:23
Thx guys. I'll try it out.

Birkoff
04-07-04, 07:32
Yeah was gunna make a new monk but can't find a single way to lvl dex. NERFing the rihno was needed, removing it was a bad dea :) Especially tradeskill XP for n e other tradeskill sucks big time at low lvl.

Repairing a rihno still works but ull have to do it for a few nights to get n e where at all.

Richard Slade
04-07-04, 15:29
Someone can't really take a joke...

JackScratch
04-07-04, 16:23
missions missions missions missions, and If I havent said it before, missions. The only viable way to level lesser stats is to do missions. I highly recomend, yeah I know we all hate em, aggressor captain missions. It sux, but it is the fastest most effecient way.

SilentEye
04-07-04, 16:37
Someone can't really take a joke...
Or maybe he was joking back at you?

fatwreck
04-07-04, 16:40
i use a tl30 assault rifle... usually hunt WBs. xp isnt great but its faster than any other wayi tried

jernau
04-07-04, 16:46
Wait till they undo the rhino-exploit fix and poke a MOVEON assuming they don't leave that nerfed.

Failing that melee works well.

Missions are OK for the first 20 or so levels but after that I wouldn't do it that way.

Epsilon 5
04-07-04, 18:07
Wait till they undo the rhino-exploit fix and poke a MOVEON assuming they don't leave that nerfed.

Failing that melee works well.

Missions are OK for the first 20 or so levels but after that I wouldn't do it that way.

they nerfed poking experience, even before the hotfix.