PDA

View Full Version : Neocron offline or simular !?

RAB
03-07-04, 18:18
Hi people,

Due mainly to a few major changes in my life as well as moving house and no longer having DSL I stopped playing neocron a good few months back.
I still have my account active but am on the point of cancelling all together as I dont see my situation changing any time soon that would justify me keeping it any longer. Tis a real shame as I have played the game for a good few years, clanned up with a real decent bunch of guys who I have met in RL a few times and had a real good laugh with, developed and nearly capped a Tank, PPU and APU and generally had a really good time.
Anyway... I really miss the game and wondered if in anyway shape or form it is posible to play cron solo offline obviously with all the mobs ? Or for those who have played the offline demo how simular it is ?
Failing all that are there any plans/possibilities in creating anything like this - I would certainly pay good money for an offline cron ! Mods please contact me if this is viable.
Again failing that would anyone recormend any other offline games which come close to cron. I have played deus ex and breed recently but still find myself longing for the vast and totally open game play and skill building of cron which I miss so much.

Thanks in advance.

Shujin
03-07-04, 21:09
try a game called Omnikron Nomad Soul, its a great game.

i started playing Neocron because it looked so much like omnikron.

tomparadox
03-07-04, 21:32
whats there website? i search for it on google and get a bunch of damn cheet code websites...

edit: ok i found some shit about it on ING, are the gfx beter than the ones in the screenies?

Celt
03-07-04, 21:36
shujin spelt it slightly wrong, its Omikron The Nomad Soul.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2750

Really, truly classic game.

sanityislost
03-07-04, 21:39
try a game called Omnikron Nomad Soul, its a great game.

i started playing Neocron because it looked so much like omnikron.

OMG...i loveeeeeeeeee that game, wish i could find another copy of it. mine
kinda snapped :(

SiL ..:..

tomparadox
03-07-04, 22:13
go to file planet, its leting me download it free... jest go to downloads/fullgames then search Omikron The Nomad Soul it will come up with a couple links, its the link with action adventure/Omikron The Nomad Soul. or something like that.

Only one free merrer though, so its like an 80 min + wait...

tomparadox
03-07-04, 23:23
shit nvm thats the demo ^^ lol :/

sanityislost
03-07-04, 23:53
lolol poo :/

SiL ..:..

Shujin
04-07-04, 01:53
yea i think it was the first game over a gig, because it is pretty old and has nice gfx as far as i can remember.

but it was on 5 cds. ;] loved that game sooo much... i mean what other game can you play where the storyline changes.

if u die a certain way, the outcome becomes different.

LOVED its fighting system man i wish there was some new game with a fighting system somewhat like it.

Judge
04-07-04, 02:08
Its only £5 from amazon.co.uk... may give it a try when I have a little bit of money.

ichinin
04-07-04, 08:18
Deus Ex (1)

Implants, Stealth, Skills etc...

Clive tombstone
04-07-04, 08:23
Hmm, I know this is not close, but Try Fallout 1-2 and MAYBE BHOS (brotherhood of steel) tactics =Those are all great fun, trust me.

and AVP2 is pretty cool too ^_^

Benjie
04-07-04, 09:35
System Shock II has similar features to Neocron. Hacking, Gravlifts, Repair, Weapon Modding, awesome audio... (had to point that last one out)
The game also r0x0r3rs. Anyone who quotes this will tell you.

Hmm, I know this is not close, but Try Fallout 1-2 and MAYBE BHOS (brotherhood of steel) tactics =Those are all great fun, trust me.
and AVP2 is pretty cool too ^_^
Fallout 1 and 2 are two of the best RPG's ever, and are arguably the best Futuristic RPG's created.

Aliens vs Predator 2 is also really awesome. Play the Alien for Multiplayer, or the Marine for Single Player. ;)
The origional Alien vs Predator is still a great game if you see it cheap, but I recommend playing the sequal first.

Celt
04-07-04, 09:47
Fallout 1 and 2 are two of the best RPG's ever, and are arguably the best Futuristic RPG's created.Fallout 2 was ok, nowhere near as good as fallout 1 though, half the game consisted of cheesy spoofs/easter eggs.

SilentEye
04-07-04, 10:46
AvP2 is a nice game, but only until you completed it cause the story will always go the same.

I loved playing the Aliens and the Marines, those I completed, but the Predator sucks, monkeh boys.

Silent