PDA

View Full Version : Resist capps?

Garg [RogueNET]
03-07-04, 14:24
What are the capp on resists?

CON: ?
CON + pokes = same as CON or higher capp on it?
ARMOR?
ARMOR + CON?

Thanks for any help :D

MkVenner
03-07-04, 14:31
con caps at 114

con+armour caps at 200

dont think armour by its self has a cap

LiL T
03-07-04, 15:47
N being natural resist A being armor resist

N = 50
A = 50

N x 0.9 + A = 95 total resist As far as I know this is still correct

114 is natural cap
200 is total resist cap which would have to include armor

Garg [RogueNET]
03-07-04, 16:48
Ok, thanks MkV and T :)

StryfeX
03-07-04, 17:50
N being natural resist A being armor resist

N = 50
A = 50

N x 0.9 + A = 95 total resist As far as I know this is still correct

114 is natural cap
200 is total resist cap which would have to include armorDon't forget that CON resist gives a specialization bonus past 105 I think. If you have 114 CON resist, then it's worth 119 armor resist.

--Stryfe

sultana
03-07-04, 18:15
Implants:
Bone enforcements adds to total resist cap.

Everything else (heart, head etc) adds to con.

LiL T
03-07-04, 18:18
Don't forget that CON resist gives a specialization bonus past 105 I think. If you have 114 CON resist, then it's worth 119 armor resist.

--Stryfe

Thats true but if anyone is thinking of doing this don't its a total waste of points :)

SorkZmok
03-07-04, 18:42
Thats true but if anyone is thinking of doing this don't its a total waste of points :)
Well if you include a heat 3 buff you can set up a tank with 114 in enr, fir and xrr. Also pretty high poison, capped resist-force and high runspeed and health.

Thats what my tank will be like when i cap con (thats gonna take a looooong time, only 87 atm). Cause he will be for opfights only meaning i will always have a ppu up my ass when i'm playing him.
And still the setups pretty good when i'm on my own.

seraphian
03-07-04, 19:57
if you're going for specialized PvM then you can do it. IMHO if you don't plan on doing PvP then it might be worth it to specialize a bit. IE if you're making a warbot hunter then boost ENR and XRR at he cost of some POR and FIR.

I made one like that on the test server for the sole purpose of surviving the lower-level DoY tunnels, right before they hit retail. She hit cap on energy and x-ray, capped HP and had great Athletics. Then again, that's all she was good for. I deleted her in favor of tradeskillers and firemob hunters (for tradeskill XP and Strange book drop tests) but it would be interesting to take her to MC-5 and see how the concept would do there.

sultana
04-07-04, 03:31
Zork, you might want to switch setting up around a heat 3 buff, for a hazard 3 buff. Most ppus i know use haz and well, it's a pain switching spells, specially midfight :p

IceStorm
04-07-04, 04:37
Does Shelter/Deflector still add resists over/above that of armor?

I want to build a hybrid for the tunnels. I'm guessing Energy/Xray resists are a must, but I'm wondering how much extra oompf my shelters will yield. I'm also resist-force poor because of the Experimental controller 3 and I have half my STR in transport (that may change).

Neo LoneWolf
04-07-04, 13:43
Erm, Ice, Shelter & Deflector reduces the damage you take in a seperate step to resists in the inflicting damage process.

Shelter/Deflector will cut the damage you take by a straight % before resists are applied.

So basically, yes, they are on top of resists, but they themselves don't count as resists.

LiL T
04-07-04, 13:48
Shelter/Deflector will cut the damage you take by a straight % before resists are applied.

As far as I know its taken from the remaining damage that is after resists you get shot at and absorb around 80 % due to your resists then upto 70% of the remaining damage is absorbed by shelter/deflector. It all depends if you cap shelter/deflector a PE caps deflector so absorbs the 70%

All taken from here

http://neocron.ems.ru