PDA

View Full Version : Revised my BDoY logo a bit, have a look

NS_CHROME54
03-07-04, 02:26
alright i've been pretty bored since school got out, so i figured, hell i've got time on my hands, might as well make use of it. so, i present...

http://www.knowreasonrock.com/pics/doylogorevision.jpg

alright, you'll probably notice right away that the blast effect is very similar to Xaru's (you guys liked his more than mine, so i figured why not i'll do that too), albeit has more than one hue.
i'm really happy with the texture i used on the actual logo itself. was just something i had lying around on my drive (i made it, yes), so i figured i'll throw it in.
notice i didn't put in any text. this is temporary, i just want to put more emphasis on the logo itself for the moment.

gimme your thoughts, criticisms, comments, encouragements, watev.
and hell i wanna see more original work by the community! post your logos!

Lexxuk
03-07-04, 02:28
reminds me of star trek for some reason o_O

Clownst0pper
Youve sharped the image way to much, looks awful-

You cant actually tell its a D and a Y, which isnt a practicle logo- ive never really understood why people loved it in the first place-

Sorry :confused:

Candaman
kinda looks outta spacey with nc is not although the current bdoy beyond the jedi or whatever its called logo don't really give the neocron feel either

Kuuselaa
03-07-04, 02:29
It's way too sharp for me, last one was better ;)

NS_CHROME54
03-07-04, 02:31
oh another thing i forgot to mention, i made the D look a bit more like a D than the other one.

on the other one, i was feeling lazy towards the end, so i just copied the outside path and put it on the inside and resized it, very cheeseball. this time around i actually made it look more like a D

[TgR]HusK
03-07-04, 02:44
logo looks great in terms of graphics and design...

However I must admit I never even noticed the D and the Y till Clownst0pper said something about it :p so it might not be very practical... though in my own humble oppinion it doesn't really matter if a logo is badly readable... just needs to look cool :p (unlike the starwars logo which is far from any coolness imho again)

cRazy2003
03-07-04, 02:52
HusK']logo looks great in terms of graphics and design...

However I must admit I never even noticed the D and the Y till Clownst0pper said something about it

same here :p

athon
03-07-04, 02:55
Ownage! =D

/me goes away to update his sig image

Athon Solo

Epsilon 5
03-07-04, 03:04
that new one looks way more professional. I hope KK gets a clue and listen to us, loyal players :o

NS_CHROME54
03-07-04, 03:07
i was sad but then athon and epsilon made me happy :D

WarBrain
03-07-04, 03:22
sorry mate but i think the former version was best...
this one looks too spacey to me
but keep goin.... nice work afterall ;)

NS_CHROME54
03-07-04, 03:48
http://www.knowreasonrock.com/pics/doylogoblue.jpg

same concept, but blue and clean. hasn't been done yet.
and where the heck is the other original concepts? let's get the train rollin again!

Shadow Dancer
03-07-04, 03:58
same here :p

Yup, me too.

EDIT: I f*ing love the color and gfx of the 2nd one(blue one, obviously). But it's still hard to read the D as a D and the Y as a Y.

NS_CHROME54
03-07-04, 04:38
made the blue version more readable, wasn't enough contrast
http://www.knowreasonrock.com/pics/doylogoblue2.jpg

TheGreatMilenko
03-07-04, 04:53

omg startreky feel to that the red 1s better

tomparadox
03-07-04, 05:01
omg startreky feel to that the red 1s better
wtf? that dose not look startreky it looks badass...

I like it.

edit: Can anyone tell me were they get there realy big N symbol for neocron from? i need one :/

Epsilon 5
03-07-04, 05:03

oooh very cool, alot more star wars-y, yes different, might actually interest the devs :P (seems they don't want a rusty logo)

Then again, I'm biased considering my favorite color has ALWAYS been blue.

uber java
03-07-04, 05:17
I personally like the "older" BDoY Logo, not the current starwars one KK is using.

I liked the one that had the orange around it, and wasn't as crisp/sharp as the one's in this thread.

NS_CHROME54
03-07-04, 05:58
wtf? that dose not look startreky it looks badass...

I like it.

edit: Can anyone tell me were they get there realy big N symbol for neocron from? i need one :/
the one in my pictures i made myself, i made it a custom shape by finely tweaking the vectors to a raster version of the logo.

LiL T
03-07-04, 06:41
God get out of this "it looks like star wars " attiude they look good

ou7blaze
03-07-04, 06:49

and where the heck is the other original concepts? let's get the train rollin again!

:O!!!!!!11111111111

Cubico
03-07-04, 06:57

Sorry, I want to say something to your logo.
I read a lot about people loving your logo etc. . And I really dont like the starwars looking like official logo.
But your logo ...
the idea behind is *still* that it consists of three letters D, O and Y. And you can change the contrast, color etc hundreds of time, it remains still the same bad logo.

This idea with the letters was very tricky but does it help? I dont think so.
Even old players often dont see the letters in the logo.
Another thing is if your logo is useable in advertising etc.
Make your shiny letters much smaller, then put it below one of the new BDOY screenshots and show us how it looks.
It will be similar in a game magazine when you read a small BDOY news with a small logo next to it.
People will not see the letters, people will not see any message within the logo, People will not remember it.

Also, think of the logos of companies like apple, ibm, hp, daimlerchrysler, bmw etc.
These designs are quite "simple".

StryfeX
03-07-04, 07:06
I like them all, actually. I would say that one of the two blue ones has the most potential to be used by the devs.

--Stryfe

tomparadox
03-07-04, 07:08
IMO that is the best one, the silver blue one gives me a headake, its to bright. And blue is my favorit color, but this logo dose not look like star wars or star trek logos in anyway....

btw, i can read the leters clearly without a problem...

NS_CHROME54
03-07-04, 08:17
hey i'm tryin to revive a creative movement we had going for a while! let's see everyone make something!

40$Poser
03-07-04, 08:32
hey i'm tryin to revive a creative movement we had going for a while! let's see everyone make something!

burning the midnight oil, I'll post something... and I can't guarentee it'll be pretty :x

40$Poser
03-07-04, 08:46
first, let me apologize for whatever this is... :(

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/23271/tehlogo.jpg

(not responsible if you go blind from viewing teh ugly logo)

Benjie
03-07-04, 08:56

I made one!

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/16028/MS-Paintocron%20-%20BDoY.jpg

Rai Wong
03-07-04, 09:01
lol bejie, anyways

keep the blast effect, more blurred like the previous image with the blue effect, but color change the blue back into red-orange, then it will look really nice.

Then underneath it you'd add the text with a orangy shadow glow Neocron: Beyond Dome of York

jernau
03-07-04, 10:02
I think the letters are much clearer than in your previous one. As that was my main worry before I really like this one.

KK need to lose that POS they are using now before the press sees it and laughs so hard they can't right their reviews of BDOY.

Xaru
03-07-04, 10:56
I dont wanna spoil it for you chrome, but if they dont have the logo fixed yet, when the trailer is going to be out on July 7th, then there must be something seriously wrong. I still like your logo, but there wont be a logo change anymore., at least thats my bet. May the force be with you! :D

Regards
Xaru

capt-o
04-07-04, 18:38
Anything any of you artists can do with this thing I threw toghether?

Basic concept for a sig.
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=102033&page=3&pp=15

trigger hurt
04-07-04, 18:45
I don't know what the fuss is about this logo. If I saw a game with this logo on the box, I wouldn't even pick it up to look at the back of the box.

It doesnt look all that great..and it definatly doesn't look all that professional. It looks like something that was created by reading some tutorials on how to make 'blasted' text from phong and yes...it's way oversharpened.

Try making something with clean lines. Don't make the viewer of the log have to decypher that they symbol you have turned around backwards is a 'D'...otherwise...the logo isnt really recognizable.

The current Neocron logo (Not the Star Wars one, the one on your cd box) is an example what I am talking about.

jernau
04-07-04, 18:50
I don't know what the fuss is about this logo. If I saw a game with this logo on the box, I wouldn't even pick it up to look at the back of the box.

It doesnt look all that great..and it definatly doesn't look all that professional. It looks like something that was created by reading some tutorials on how to make 'blasted' text from phong and yes...it's way oversharpened.

Try making something with clean lines. Don't make the viewer of the log have to decypher that they symbol you have turned around backwards is a 'D'...otherwise...the logo isnt really recognizable.

The current Neocron logo (Not the Star Wars one, the one on your cd box) is an example what I am talking about.
Those critisisms may or may not be valid but one things for certain - the SW one is inappropriate, shoddy plagiarism.

Until we have another option Chrome's is the best we have. It's certainly good enough to rally around against the far worse SW one.

trigger hurt
04-07-04, 18:55
Those critisisms may or may not be valid but one things for certain - the SW one is inappropriate, shoddy plagiarism.

Until we have another option Chrome's is the best we have. It's certainly good enough to rally around against the far worse SW one.

I'll throw something together later this week as I am off of work on tuesday for vacation. I'll give you my interpretation of it...but this one...I think the criticisms are valid simply because I have been a member of a 'design community' for quite some time and I've seen outstanding work and I've seen stuff that made my skin crawl...this is neither...it has potential and imagination going for it...but it's not a symbol that would be easily recognizable as a "Neocron: Beyond Dome of York" logo.

jernau
04-07-04, 19:08
I've spent enough time around graphics people to understand what they are saying but I suck at art so I don't like giving opinions beyond "I like" or "I don't like". I like his more than the SW one.

If some professional artists want to do something better that would be awsome. A few commented in the original thread but none put crayon to paper to prove their point so popular opinion is all we have right now.