PDA

View Full Version : BDOY and Canada/US

bounty
03-07-04, 00:14
I would be curious to have a few clues about KK's strategy in the HUGE North American gaming market. I see plans for the BDOY trailer in some magazines and what not. Do you plan on doing a spread in PC Gamer or a television trailer(one can dream?)? Are we gonna see a cool BDOY box with the "COMING SOON: RESERVE YOURS NOW!" in Electronic Boutique's, Babbages, Best Buy, and what not. I would like to have the feeling that this game is gonna impact my life so much that it is everywhere. I Feel that displaying this game and making people anticipate its arrival will fuel the fire to making this game popular.

-FN-
03-07-04, 00:24
^ Everything he said times schfifty five ^

Give the North American market advertising lovin and you'll get gamer lovin back. We're gluttons for ads. I just came from Wendy's because of a commercial I saw :(

FuzzyDuck
03-07-04, 00:43
even though I'm from the UK I dread to think what the 56kers in the states would think of the Hanover servers. I think KK should get a decent US server set up first before embarking on a massive advertising campaign for what could be loadsa people getting sick of the lag within 5 days.

Crono
03-07-04, 00:58
i thought most the US here was on cable/DSL :D you can you stgand to play on 56k dont matter where the servers are located :D

Bl@zed
03-07-04, 01:44
no pre-order boxes at best buy yet, or any planned for arrival in the furute unfourtunetly. I work in the media department there, and checked the future shipping lists, in fact, i'm not even sure the best buy i work at is even going to carry BDoY :mad:

Lexxuk
03-07-04, 01:50
Some stores in the US wont stock it as it is rated 18, or Mature or whatever it is in the US, its why you dont get fully nekkid strippers and we do :p

Clive tombstone
03-07-04, 02:05
DAMNIT I want Uber Strippers, Can someone from europe come and kick some ass in the FCC and get our censorship for video games lower? :D

I say someone from europe, meaning im to lazy to do it myself :D :D

Bl@zed
03-07-04, 02:05
Some stores in the US wont stock it as it is rated 18, or Mature or whatever it is in the US, its why you dont get fully nekkid strippers and we do :p

real strippers > neocron strippers kthx.

Clive tombstone
03-07-04, 02:06
That be true, but Im to lazy to drive to a skin club :D

I guess my beef is, if something is rated the way it is, why censor it? it was ment to be that way. jeez.

oh btw, Girl friends>strippers :D

Lexxuk
03-07-04, 02:11
Maven made a patch for the US version a long time ago, that turned the US version in to the European version, which was nice for them, nude strippers.

Clownst0pper
03-07-04, 02:17
kthx.

[ edited ][ Please make room in your PM box please ]

RayBob
03-07-04, 08:59
As a member of the Neocron minority group: American players, I am equally curious as to KK's expectations, hopes, and dreams regarding the U.S. gaming market. It is clearly a prominent player with substantial potential.

I play from the West Coast—9 time zones from the servers—and while I certainly wish a closer server was available, I wouldn't refuse to play due solely to my higher average ping. In fact, with the exception of the melee skill, I don't feel disadvantaged against my low-ping brethren.

I hope KK is planning to properly promote the game in North America (have they announced a publisher yet?). I am confident they could attract more than enough players to justify the effort and possibly even warrant a U.S. based server.

Ray