PDA

View Full Version : Why?

LTA
02-07-04, 22:43
Can't there be normall high tl stuff that is non rare?

I knwo you want everyone to farm but cant we just get some non rare stabbers or sniper rifles that ar etl 100+ etc :p

I just wanted to see what the criminal life is like but the highest non rare i can get dosent cut the chedder.... and i cba to lose a month of rare hunting :/

Shadow Dancer
02-07-04, 22:46
I know right!

You know what else? How come their aren't alot more NON pvp rare items? Or NON combat-oriented I should say.

Q`alooaith
02-07-04, 22:59
It's been asked for a few time's, and I agree, rare's would still be special because you could get over 100 condition on them, while the non rare version's would be pretty much the same but heavyer and follow the const cap rules.

seraphian
02-07-04, 23:16
In melee it's already happened..

The Energy soulblade (a drop item that I LOVE), the SF Knife and the Tai Chi sword all have TLs higher than the lower rares (VEIN RIPPER and Blade of Ceres)

IMHO the current layout works pretty well... the higher TL of the rares is the reward for the hunting required and the fact that you can't make 100 BPs to virtually garentee a high-slot item.

I think the overall layout should go something like: Normal storebought. special storebought (IE high-TL only availible in a few places, like TH, or Escador, or MB), Epic items, Rares then a few ultra-rares (make rare drop-only items higher TL than most rares, but with lower reqs, like a TL-120 with 110 requirement on the Soulblade, or the Termi)