PDA

View Full Version : Ireland

Vampire222
02-07-04, 15:17
I'm off to ireland for the next week, anyone live there and know anything of interest to foreigners there :D

Lexxuk
02-07-04, 15:27
I dont live there, but I hear that Ireland has this thing called Guiness you might wanna try :p

Vampire222
02-07-04, 15:32
I dont live there, but I hear that Ireland has this thing called Guiness you might wanna try :p

:D sounds harmless

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 15:34
Take five words about Ireland that you might want to remember..

You are going to die...

Mr_Snow
02-07-04, 15:36
What part of Ireland?

stebedford
02-07-04, 15:38
I used to live in Ireland near a town called Bangor in northern ireland, its a nice country, all the ppl are nice and they know how to drink :)

Vampire222
02-07-04, 15:43
i dont wanna die.... atleast not till the 19th of july :D

SypH
02-07-04, 15:57
If you tell us what part you are visiting, those of us who live here might be able to let you know what to see.

Vampire222
02-07-04, 16:03
well everything aside of the shannon :D

Darkener
02-07-04, 16:14
Hmmmm a tour of the guinness factory but you have to be in Dublin,
or theres Wicklow the garden of Ireland and so on theres lots of crap to do check out www.ireland.ie im sure there something there that can peak some intrest. BTW when in the big city's dont wander off the beaten track to much or you might get a free tour of some of Irelands finest hospitals.

Vampire222
02-07-04, 16:19
Hmmmm a tour of the guinness factory but you have to be in Dublin,
or theres Wicklow the garden of Ireland and so on theres lots of crap to do check out www.ireland.ie im sure there something there that can peak some intrest. BTW when in the big city's dont wander off the beaten track to much or you might get a free tour of some of Irelands finest hospitals.

O_O Friendly inhabitants....

Archeus
02-07-04, 16:44
I'm off to ireland for the next week, anyone live there and know anything of interest to foreigners there :D

Helps if you explain where you are going and what your interests are.

First up Irish tourism is pure price gouging for tourists. :/ sad but true. The tour bus for Dublin is €14, but if you get a bus map/timetable you can get a day pass for cheap and avoid the annoying tourist guides. Avoid any shop that doesn't have prices on the items, likewise any resturants with menus with no prices.

There is a tourist shop in O'Connell street where you can get details.

Some places for typical touristy spots.
Dublin.
- Trinity collage, Book of Kells
- Guiness hops store (+sky bar)
- Jamesons Whiskey store (similar to Guiness)
- Grafton Street/Stephens green
- Christchurch
- O'Connell Street

Thats just the city center.. hard to say what to look for if we dont know where you are going. 1 week is not remotely enough to see all of Ireland

Vampire222
02-07-04, 17:22
gonna be sailing on the shannon :D wont get to dublin im afraid, tnx to all of u, helpfull advice all around

Archeus
02-07-04, 18:09
gonna be sailing on the shannon :D wont get to dublin im afraid, tnx to all of u, helpfull advice all around

Is it only sailing? or in the general area? Are you driving at all? Anywhere in Clare is nice, Doolin (for pubs), Cliffs of Moher. Or Kerry National park (Muckross house).

Opar
02-07-04, 22:56
I been to Dublin before. Twas nice. Went around the Guiness factory. Took a tour on an open top bus.... a dodgye ast londoner was doing the talking 8| :wtf:

Darkener
03-07-04, 02:01
Yeah most are friendly but if you come across the words Ballymun or knacker id run