PDA

View Full Version : BDoY Beta Application

Pages : [1] 2

Thanatos
02-07-04, 14:41
We are pleased to announce that the sign-ups for the closed beta of Neocron: Beyond Dome of York begin today.
You can find the application form here (https://account.neocron.com).
Testers will not be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis. The beta test will begin on July 19.

Important: To participate in the beta test, you need to have an active Neocron account, you will have to agree to a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and be able to download a rather large client of over 2 Gigabytes.

Nippa
02-07-04, 14:44
Wow sweet! At last we all see :P gg first post

ezza
02-07-04, 14:45
i dont want to beta test, but the people what do can you actually test the game and not just play it so you can get DoY before everyone else.

cos if it comes back to us with bugs its down to you people not reporting for sorting

Jeros82
02-07-04, 14:47
W00000T, i hope i get chosen....

1st post :D

/edit Guess not 1st post :( No medal for me then :(

SPIKE (pluto)
02-07-04, 14:48
yay beta, proof of progress :D

FireWarrior
02-07-04, 14:49
Already registered.. And yes, i do intend to TEST it rather than play it, wouldn't make much sense to mess up all the secrets if I didn't want to test it instead of try it...

Although the prospect of playing BDOY might have something to do with it as well... :angel:

WebShock
02-07-04, 14:50
my application is in :D

LTA
02-07-04, 14:52
if they'd let me in i'd test it for testing heh...

I already know what to expect in terms of content but heh this game is buggy now i wanna help make sure bdoy dosent come out the same.... or at least a little less buggy anywya :p

Pravus
02-07-04, 14:52
when you clikc submit query is it meant to go to another page to confirm it? for me when i put in computer details and clikc submit it just seemed to reload the page? could it be cos im using mozilla?

Eddie
02-07-04, 14:54
Hrm.. nice suprise Thanny!

I can't get past the Hardware Info screen though.. with AMD 3Ghz or more, 1Gb of RAM or more, and a GEFORCE card... o.O

I click submit and it returns me to the same page :-/

This is on Mozilla Firefox 0.9.1 if that makes any difference - which it shouldn't as it's forms based and doesn't used client side scripts.. right?

Eddie

Kuuselaa
02-07-04, 14:56
I'll wait for retail but nice surprise from KK :D

NcdJustin
02-07-04, 14:57
Its cool that we get to help out more. Its even better cause its BDoY. :)

How long does 2GB take to download on a 56k? :lol: -- Good thing I have a T1 I can use.

DaFire
02-07-04, 14:58
When I did the page I used mozilla to test it and this should not be the problem..

on the upper left side of the page should be some numbers in the corner.. could pm me those pls if you have problems submitting the data ?

Eddie
02-07-04, 14:59
And is it me.. or should:

<form action=index.php method=post>

Have double quotes around the "index.php" and "post"?

EDIT: DaFire you have a message.

Eddie

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 15:02
Im so not going to get picked :(

Jaenus
02-07-04, 15:02
The page about system details wouldn't submit for me under Firefox but worked fine for IE.

Eddie
02-07-04, 15:04
The page about system details wouldn't submit for me under Firefox but worked fine for IE.

Yup. Same here for me.
Damn you for making me revert to IE :P

I'm suprised there isn't anything you can do to "promote" yourself - like write a paragraph why you want to beta test DoY.

Eddie

Selendor
02-07-04, 15:07
Signed up - I do software testing for a living so I'm sure I could do a good job in spotting and reporting bugs.

Whats more I test French software - so I know what bugs are! :angel: :lol:

msdong

lol, i think most ppl would reinstall it if needed for this.

Tratos
Gah tieing my forum account to my paid account instead of the inactive one isnt working >_< damn it

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 15:08
Im curious though, I hoped it would be more of an application, not purely random, there are some of us who would contribute a great deal, and have a great knowledge of testing- there are those who want to be in DOY beta for the wrong reason, which may take the place of a "proffesional tester" as I like to call them..

Hohum :confused:

Maester Seymour
02-07-04, 15:09
Nice surprise ;),

Firefox didn't seem to want to process my application but IE worked fine :)

J. Folsom
02-07-04, 15:09
Yup. Same here for me.

I'm suprised there isn't anything you can do to "promote" yourself - like write a paragraph why you want to beta test DoY.

Eddie
Since you need to input your account (And it has to be tied to a forum account), I'm guessing they're doing their own checks on behaviour, whether you report bugs, etc. beforehand.

sanityislost
02-07-04, 15:11
Wow....i didnt expect this...*jaw drops*....

SiL ..:..

Eddie
Im curious though, I hoped it would be more of an application, not purely random, there are some of us who would contribute a great deal, and have a great knowledge of testing- there are those who want to be in DOY beta for the wrong reason, which may take the place of a "proffesional tester" as I like to call them..

So true.. that's why I would have wanted to write a few "supporting" words to win over their hearts =D

But I don't think they have the time to sift through tonnes of applications to select the best - so random is probably the easiest.

*sigh* I would dearly love to do it as well - I've got LOTS of time free over summer and would put it all into BDoY if I could make it better.

Also, I don't see why people with multiple accounts get a better chance of getting into beta (I can see how they would - if it is indeed done randomly) - it's still the same person testing - having more accounts doesn't necessarily mean they will be a better tester - which is what KK are after.. right? =)

Eddie

Vampire222
eh, is there like any confirmation that your info has been entered, might be mozilla screwing things up for me

[edit] yep, mozilla firebird doesnt work on it, doesnt show the thanks for applying text after the processor vendor speed and gpu form....

used ie, pray for privacy... o_O

Necrosadistic
I applied.... At least there will be something interesting to do, as I tend to play in anti-social hours a lot of the time...

Judge
02-07-04, 15:13
I applied, if I do get in then I will test it... not just fuck around.

EDIT: btw, it works fine in Opera. :)

Eddie
02-07-04, 15:14
eh, is there like any confirmation that your info has been entered, might be mozilla screwing things up for me

There should be a confirmation page.. and we're not the only ones: it doesn't seem to work with Firefox. Try using *gasp* IE.

EDIT: The great DaFire seems to have fixed it now!

Eddie

ronaz
Let the praying begin :angel:

:D

Clownst0pper
I applied, if I do get in then I will test it... not just fuck around.

EDIT: btw, it works fine in Opera. :)

Thats the point, alot who may join, may just fuck around and brag there in, just to see the new stuff, not to make the game better :mad:

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 15:15
Thank you god..

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 15:17
Thank you god..

Doesnt mean ur getting in ;)

Tratos
02-07-04, 15:19
My forum account is tied to my primary Neocron account which is paid for but the Beta page seems to think otherwise, can anyone help?

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 15:20
Doesnt mean ur getting in ;)

Who invited you to my conversation with god?
And who said I was thanking him for that at all?

I'm just damn happy to see some movement at ..."The Guy Up There"... and his minions

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 15:20
My forum account is tied to my primary Neocron account which is paid for but the Beta page seems to think otherwise, can anyone help?

are you entering the correct username and password for your primary account and forum one?

Just try your other account UN and PW?

Who invited you to my conversation with god?
And who said I was thanking him for that at all?

I'm just damn happy to see some movement at ..."The Guy Up There"... and his minions

You do worry me sometimes :p

mishkin
02-07-04, 15:22
Hope we get sensible people in there, and not just the ones who go:
IM IN BETA!!! WOOTOMFG!1111oneeleven!! O_o

Xaru
02-07-04, 15:23
Cool, just applied. I am all for furniture testing, and i hope my ATI doesnt get killed all the time with ALT-Tab like it is now. But i guess, thats just my 2 Monitor setup. Hope to see you in beta :D

Xaru

Jonax
Weird on the Firefox thing - I managed to submit it successfully :wtf:

Just in case, I tried to apply in IE as well - When I added, all I got was "This is already a registered beta account" :confused:

Clownst0pper
Hope we get sensible people in there, and not just the ones who go:
IM IN BETA!!! WOOTOMFG!1111oneeleven!! O_o

Those that have contributed greatly to test server, and the constant testing of patches deserve a place- they are afterall in a great mind set

phunqe
02-07-04, 15:24
Now that was indeed a sneaky one (John Turturro in Mr Deeds springs to mind) :p

Registration went smooth here, no problems.

Good luck with the selection :)

DaFire
02-07-04, 15:25
The firefox bug is already killed.

I'll check about tratos forum account .. since he is posting here there should be everything fine with it ;)

Spikadelia
02-07-04, 15:27

Have to say I agree with Clownst0pper. I'm an example of a player who would love to peek and play in the BDoy beta, but in all honesty I wouldn't have the experience or qualities (besides sheer enthusaism) gained from being a regular Testserver player or really knowing what to look for in terms of bugs.

I hope there will be a careful choice of Beta testers rather than whoever happens to be tapped in to the forums first.

Good luck with it though KK, and do a damn fine job ya hear. Lot of expectations riding on this. ;)

Tratos
02-07-04, 15:30
The firefox bug is already killed.

I'll check about tratos forum account .. since he is posting here there should be everything fine with it ;)
Thank You DaFire :) the only error i get when "re-tieing" if you will is

checking forum account user group ...
failed (must be email validated member)

Mr_Snow
02-07-04, 15:34
Tratos obviously isnt a paying member of the community so ban his forum account j/k

Only people who have reported bugs in game and have been involved in balancing and such within the community should be picked basically anybody who has shown an interest in developing and improving the game, definitely try rout out the people who want to use the beta test as a way to test to see if they want to buy the game when it goes retail, and yes there will be loads of them.

I take the NDA includes not being able to tell anyone that your a beta tester if they arent testing aswell?

hinch
02-07-04, 15:36
i wont be applying for beta

but i do make one request of anybody that does get accepted

FOR GODS SAKE TEST THE GAME AND REPORT BUGS AND BALANCE ISSUE'S

dont play it just to play it and go wow it looks cool etc.
dont play it like you do retail nc your job is to test that means you test everything and you report back to the devs exactly whats happening

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 15:37
How about this for a good advice instead:

Let KK do their thing and they'll find what they think is the most suiting people for the beta.

J. Folsom
02-07-04, 15:38
I take the NDA includes not being able to tell anyone that your a beta tester if they arent testing aswell?Assuming the NDA you'd have to sign is the standard "You may not disclose anything related to [thing] unless given permission from [company].", I'd guess so.

Also, the real one would probably be a few pages long etc. :p

Social-Zero
02-07-04, 15:41
Nice work KK :)

Scikar
02-07-04, 15:46
Does the NDA require that you be over 18 to sign it, like the forms to become a mod etc?

n3m
I hope the ones that do get selected, actually test it not play like the beta's..

Genty
@ the people hoping there would be a paragraph allowed to sell themselves.

I get the feeling that all the info they need is already on the forums for most people so they will go by your contribution with test server problems and overall attitude etc.

J. Folsom
02-07-04, 15:49
Does the NDA require that you be over 18 to sign it, like the forms to become a mod etc?Probably, otherwise you're not of an age that the contract can be said to be legally binding.

phunqe
02-07-04, 15:50
Does the NDA require that you be over 18 to sign it, like the forms to become a mod etc?

Since an NDA is considered a legally binding agreement, the minimun age would be 18 yes.

EDIT: *slaps Folsom around with a big salmon* ;)

Scikar
02-07-04, 15:51
That's what I figured. Good job it was my 18th last month eh? :D

Sorry Judge. :(

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 15:51
i wont be applying for beta

but i do make one request of anybody that does get accepted

FOR GODS SAKE TEST THE GAME AND REPORT BUGS AND BALANCE ISSUE'S

dont play it just to play it and go wow it looks cool etc.
dont play it like you do retail nc your job is to test that means you test everything and you report back to the devs exactly whats happening

What did I say, what did I say ! :(

ezza
02-07-04, 15:52
What did I say, what did I say ! :(
what did you say?

:p

SilentEye
02-07-04, 15:53
Heya,

I have filled in the application, I'm not sure how many bugs have already been fixed during the time that B:DoY has been 'active' now.

I'd love to be picked, I have beta tested many more games and solving problems is a good thought because then I feel that I am helping others, I like that!

Silent

Judge
02-07-04, 15:53
Could our parents sign it or something? Because I know that I could test more in the summer than most other people, as I'm on holiday with no responsibilities.

Tratos
02-07-04, 15:54
Could our parents sign it or something? Because I know that I could test more in the summer than most other people, as I'm on holiday with no responsibilities.
ditto, bags of free time during the summer.

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 15:54
what did you say?

I SAIDDDDDDD- The list should be those who are experianced testers, and experianced NC players, not those players who want to be in DOY just for the sake of seeing new stuff!

meh

ezza
02-07-04, 15:56
right, yaa your on to something there.

i think once its been decided whos in beta, they need to be named, so that if the game comes back with bugs we know who to kill when retail starts

Tratos
02-07-04, 15:57
well i got one of my accounts to work with the sign up, now i guess we wait, sucks if im unable to enter due to age as i have loads of free time over the summer to dedicate to somthing such as this :(

Ah well now to wait.

/me crosses fingers

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 15:58

i think once its been decided whos in beta, they need to be named, so that if the game comes back with bugs we know who to kill when retail starts

ROFL, Hit list - OMG U DIDNT REPORT FREaks!111111

Jonax
02-07-04, 15:59

Well I'd agree to that :) Then again, considering as I was trained on how to test for bugs when in the Starpeace/Legacy Online (http://pc.ign.com/articles/434/434626p1.html) beta, I'd kill myself if anything slipped by :D

n3m
02-07-04, 15:59
i think once its been decided whos in beta, they need to be named, so that if the game comes back with bugs we know who to kill when retail startslol

Although that doesn't happen with the beta 2-3-4 players. Well they probable do get killed but not because they were beta "testers" ;)

Revslad
02-07-04, 16:00
its saying that i have no forum account tired to my ingame account when there is o_O otherwise i wouldnt be able to post O_o

LTA
02-07-04, 16:02

What if they turn out to be some capped super psi monk with all new special armours and weps which adminster your death in a eye blink....

heh well i spose you could para them tbh :D

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 16:04
What if they turn out to be some capped super psi monk with all new special armours and weps which adminster your death in a eye blink....

LMFAO :lol:

ezza
02-07-04, 16:08

nope i come on to this forum and do what we been doing for 2 years......getting them nerfed :lol:

DaFire
02-07-04, 16:10
sorry I have to leave for now since I'm visiting my parent this weekend and have to get the train.

If you have problems with the beta registration pm me the problem and the name of your primary ( with the forum connected) game account and I will see what I can do later.

don't worry it doesn't matter if you sign up next week we won't start choosing testers the next days so you don't miss anything ;)

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 16:13
nope i come on to this forum and do what we been doing for 2 years......getting them nerfed :lol:

Not really been very succesful with that ezza m8 have we? :lol: ;)

ezza
02-07-04, 16:17
meh.... :mad:

belgarion™
02-07-04, 16:25
Kewl!! Hope i can play B:DoY Beta aswell!! :) *played Beta4* Weiiii KEWL KEWL

Cant wait untill September the first...

hinch
02-07-04, 16:26

too successfull

nc lost about 1/4 of its active players with the big hybrid nerf :(
i cancelled my 3 alt's and most of the longterm old monk players left completely

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 16:29
too successfull

i cancelled my 3 alt's and most of the longterm old monk players left completely

Ah the shallow player who leaves due to them failing to release how overpowered there own class is :rolleyes:

*rubs hinch's head*

Scikar
02-07-04, 16:31
too successfull

If you want to take that view they would have lost 3/4 of the active players if they didn't make the nerfs.

Nidhogg
02-07-04, 16:37
Stay on topic, please.

N

hinch
02-07-04, 16:38
@sickar bullshit

@clownstopper no i realised how overpowered it was and i was teh first of all of you to call for a nerf after i posted my setup (when nobody else dare)
however i was in favour of balancing and making them viable not what they ended up becoming and not what they have become.

read history then talk it helps

Tostino
02-07-04, 16:38
Good job KK :) Cant wait to see if I get in

Candaman
02-07-04, 16:39
Everyone is saying plz test it not play it but aslong as KK picks players that have been round long enough they will know whats needed because the old school players that have stuck around through thick and thin want neocron to work the most and will be that dedicated so its not really a message to the players but to KK choose wisely

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 16:46
@sickar bullshit

@clownstopper no i realised how overpowered it was and i was teh first of all of you to call for a nerf after i posted my setup (when nobody else dare)
however i was in favour of balancing and making them viable not what they ended up becoming and not what they have become.

read history then talk it helps

Yup I know you did - I was takling about the others... ;)

@ Candaman - Agree

Wank3r
02-07-04, 17:33
I've signed up. Hopefully I'll get in! :D

Not just for the fun of the game, but of course for the hard core bug busting. After all that is what beta is all about lol.

Vampire222
02-07-04, 17:48
hybird fixing, pvp balancing, mob loot table balancing, lots of shit to do, YAY

Clive tombstone
02-07-04, 17:52
Gosh I hope I get in, theres nothing else fun to do or "interesting" in the game world now, cept maybe for some rare hunting and Dodging NCAT :D

come on KK let me beta? Ill be your best friend. :D

Cr33p3r
02-07-04, 18:10
hope i get selected can only pray :cool:

Dru Blood
02-07-04, 18:17
ive been playing beta since beta :lol:

Tratos
02-07-04, 18:28
One thing which would be nice to know :)

It says the beta will run on one of the *NEW* :D servers can somone from KK please post the specs of this new server? pwitty pwease:D

Omnituens
02-07-04, 18:29
I've applied, but Im not too happy with the selection process

i was expecting some questions about myself and info about how long ive played and such

but there was nothing

does this mean its a "names in a hat" job?

I dont like the sound of that.

I hope that the GM team/KK will filter through the aplications to look for potential trouble makers or people that might actually be a positive influence on the beta.

It says the beta will run on one of the *NEW* :D servers can somone from KK please post the specs of this new server? pwitty pwease:D

They now got 2 Hamsters running in parallel

kbmg
02-07-04, 18:36
I have been playing since beta also
I sure hope i filled that out correctly.
the app could be a tad clearer when data
is accepted and good in the first step.

Beta was kewl we got to discover new chems
make helpfiles seek bugs. not to brag but they took a lot of the advice i posted in beta forums. I tend to post ideas and how to improve stuff as im sure most of the people on this list do.

Also its a cool way to spend my housewify day :) *sneaks away from household cleaning and hops on neocron*. :angel:

Marx
02-07-04, 18:57
How do I retie forum accounts? The one I have right now is with my old account which has been inactive for awhile, whileas my second account is still up and running.

=/

Moscow
02-07-04, 19:01
I've applied, but Im not too happy with the selection process

i was expecting some questions about myself and info about how long ive played and such

but there was nothing

does this mean its a "names in a hat" job?

I dont like the sound of that.

I hope that the GM team/KK will filter through the aplications to look for potential trouble makers or people that might actually be a positive influence on the beta.

As someone else has already pointed out; your application asks for the account your forum handle is tied to. It's likely they'll be sifting through your performance and attitude on the forum, rather than letting someone puff themselves up with their own, personal, views.

'course, this isn't a perfect system either but nothing would be perfect anyway.

Peace.

-Moscow

VetteroX
02-07-04, 19:12
Im signed up, I'll test for real, I want the game to be good.

Tratos
02-07-04, 19:13
Im signed up, I'll test for real, I want the game to be good.
you mean you'll test only the things to do with PvP?

LiL T
02-07-04, 19:24
So I just did signup and I will test what ever they tell me beta tests have only one goal to iron out the bugs and make sure the game works and that its not a POS.

Judge
02-07-04, 19:28
I'm just hoping that you don't need to be 18 to Beta test... either you can sign at 16 or parents are allowed to sign it for you. :(

NS_CHROME54
02-07-04, 19:28
KK better have lots of love for their oldest, most loyal fanboi (me) or i'm gonna be pissed.

but yeah excited for the beta :)

slaughteruall
02-07-04, 19:30
I'm just hoping that you don't need to be 18 to Beta test... either you can sign at 16 or parents are allowed to sign it for you. :(

As far as i know it's 18 for most beta test's because of the legalities of the NDA. But they did not specify so who knows.

Slaughter

Pfehh
02-07-04, 19:45
I've gone ahead and thrown my hat into the ring. I'd love to have a chance to help ensure that BDoY is a bug-free experience. Myself and my friends all have a lot riding on BDoY, and I know a lot of other people do as well. This is going to be KK's chance to prove themselves, and if there is a truly dedicated beta team, it can make all the difference in the world. Hopefully KK will add some direction to the beta, and the testers can really push this game so that when it gets released, it's everything NC should have been.

Clive tombstone
02-07-04, 19:50
I dont know if this is the right place to ask but, do you think Reaktor will be Hiring in 3 years? Im majoring in Game art & Design and Im just trying to get some ideas for companies that would hire a person like myself. sorry for being off topic :D

bluelights
02-07-04, 19:56
HI

please count me in, i was in beta 4 so will like to be part of DOY beta

name : bluelights

br

Cyphor
02-07-04, 20:05

Imo thats fair enough its better to have some players who will test an aspect of the game to the death, than have a group of players who will muddle around each part, pvp is one of the harder things to balance in the game so i'd hope whoever gets picked, test it to the death to avoid balance issues which aren't as obvious as game performance bugs etc. If people take the time to check balance issues we might not have the problems we had such as overpowered hybrids, freezer-pistol-libby chars, very overpowered ppus etc...

Roving Gambler
02-07-04, 20:41
nice, pick me pick me...

any estimate of how many beta testers there will be?

Doc Holliday
02-07-04, 20:44
Ok i hope to god they pick a good team to do this. i would love to do it. but i wont hope above all hopes. still who knows. i will test it properly as i hope this is the win.

fatwreck
02-07-04, 20:58
signed up... im pretty good at finding bugs, i hope they do pick a good team that actually tests, and not trys to get the month advantage on everyone.

ou7blaze
02-07-04, 21:13
I signed up.

If i dont get picked it then i for sure hope to hell that the people who get picked to test the game do a good job, i really want DoY to be bugfree and enjoyable as possible just like everyone else :)

mishkin
02-07-04, 21:19
i hope they do pick a good team that actually tests, and not trys to get the month advantage on everyone.

Weren't the servers wiped after the beta ended for NC? In any case, that's how it should be. Testing - > noting bugs - > fixing - > reset - > retail :rolleyes:

Prankster26193
02-07-04, 21:43
As a amatuar game developer I must say.

FUCK YEAH!

Oops, thats my informal self :P Heres what I would say under my amatuar game dev avatar :P

Let me in! I have a rifle trained on martins head - and unless I get a call saying im in, we are both goin down!

cRazy2003
02-07-04, 21:44
well ive never done a thing wrong (been a good boy/carebear) :p
and ive been a beta tester in 3 other games.

YoDa-UK
02-07-04, 21:59
Well i do hope to get in and test this out, but i do hope people will fully test it out and give it the time that is needed to make this a good game, I pray it doesn't end up like SWG beta testing, where people was playing more than anything, such a shame.

Must admit you guys must have a lot done already on the new server, as having only 2 weeks between each phase is short in my experience, but lets keep fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Morpheous
02-07-04, 23:07
I'm signed up.

Long play time = True (Since Beta4 ended)
Experienced = True (Played all classes in nearly all specialities
Good Bugtester = True (Tested several other BETAs and write my own software)

Prankster26193
02-07-04, 23:12
I signed up as well.

Playing since beta 4, following since beta 1.

Beta tested muiltple other games.
Second Life,Planetside,Neocron (beta 4 ;) ). Saga of ryzom, Freeworld, World Of Warcraft

Also do some coding, run a game project of my own(With a team of 15+ people, and no it isnt a mod, we have our own engine, but no website at this time).

capt-o
02-07-04, 23:27
edited

Mumblyfish
03-07-04, 00:00
Gleee! Submitted! I can't wait to see if I get in... I mean, wow! WOW! WOWWY McWOW! It'd be so cool to actually contribute towards DoY, even though I don't have a scrap of talent. I can also laugh lots. Laughing lots is a big part of being a beta tester.

GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! [/stupidly happy]

zii
03-07-04, 00:14
I had no prob., with Mozilla 1.6.

Hrm.. nice suprise Thanny!

I can't get past the Hardware Info screen though.. with AMD 3Ghz or more, 1Gb of RAM or more, and a GEFORCE card... o.O

I click submit and it returns me to the same page :-/

This is on Mozilla Firefox 0.9.1 if that makes any difference - which it shouldn't as it's forms based and doesn't used client side scripts.. right?

Eddie

Mumblyfish
03-07-04, 00:28
I'm having no problem with FireFox 0.9.1, but if you can hold your vomit in for a few minutes, just use Internet Explorer to fill in the form.

Epsilon 5
03-07-04, 00:28
bah, they don't even ask for previous beta-testing experience

Eddie
03-07-04, 00:29

It was fixed (very) shortly after I moaned to DaFire =)

Eddie

nEo-1664
03-07-04, 00:32
^^ signed up as well, but why is there not an option for the AMD-64 bit CPU :( lol :D am most dissappointed :D:D

gah nevermind tho, my app is in, and just wait and see.

any date for when the applicants are told? or will it be within the next few weeks or what ever?

Eddie
03-07-04, 00:38
Well you've got to be told before the start of beta: which is July 19th I believe.

Very soon :D

Eddie

MkVenner
03-07-04, 00:57
Ive signed up lol and i noticed the Ram jumps from 512 to over a gig, and up till yesterday i had 736 or a number round there

The way i see it, when a brand new game comes out and they need beta testers they ask aload of questions coz they dont know you from adam, but this isnt the same, the sorta people who are applying here have mainly been hear 6months to a year plus, and KK probly know everything they need to from forum posts, n e way thats my theory :D

ichinin
03-07-04, 01:36
Hope to get in, then i have something to do on my vacation and after that too.

Done some beta before, also im a programmer (DB's, network) and played games since 1983 (RTS/FPS/Sim)

Btw, i hope NC and BDoY beta can coexist without messing eachother up..

Kuuselaa
03-07-04, 01:59
Those who get in beta, can you send then some pictures to forum?

Lexxuk
03-07-04, 02:05
Those who get in beta, can you send then some pictures to forum?

No, they cant, the NDA means they aint allowed to disclose anything.

I'd like the NDA to include "you must not divulge that you are part of the DOY beta test", people who dont get in could be resentful of people who do,whilst people who do get in, could use it as a "ner ner ner" factor.

Kuuselaa
03-07-04, 02:06
Damn, I just would like to see those new character models :D

Scikar
03-07-04, 02:23

I'd like the NDA to include "you must not divulge that you are part of the DOY beta test", people who dont get in could be resentful of people who do,whilst people who do get in, could use it as a "ner ner ner" factor.
Agreed. It shouldn't be brought up at all. That way there's also no pestering beta testers for info/screenshots etc.

nEo-1664
03-07-04, 02:24

I agree with that Lexxuk, I wouldnt have used that tactic on the forums, for obvious reasons, but certainly to my mates. although, if that were to be added, sod them, i just wont tell them i got the beta. there not gonna know any difference, ........

appart from the OMG ITS LIKE SO 13333337!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneoneoneelevenonehundredeleven... on voice comms every so often lol :D

Clownst0pper
03-07-04, 02:26
appart from the OMG ITS LIKE SO 13333337!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneoneoneelevenonehundredeleven... on voice comms every so often lol :D

I can imagine it now :lol:

"WHAT WHAT WHAT IS IT! TELL USSSSS!!!!!!"

"No, I cant ;)"

Lexxuk
03-07-04, 02:30
I can imagine it now :lol:

"WHAT WHAT WHAT IS IT! TELL USSSSS!!!!!!"

"No, I cant ;)"

Ere Clown, if you get in, will you say "kthx" :lol: :lol: :lol:

VetteroX
03-07-04, 02:32

This is a pvp game, someone has to do it.

Lexxuk
03-07-04, 02:37
This is a pvp game, someone has to do it.

True that, but I remember B4 when you couldnt test anything because people were always trying to gank you, doy beta should have PVP but only consensual PVP, but I'm guessing the beta will be focus based. Days 1-2 testing xp gains on mobs, day 3-4 loot drops on mobs, 5-6 spawn rates etc.. PVP would probably be in the final stages.

Tratos
03-07-04, 02:38

its almost like the rules of fightclub :eek:!

Lexxuk
03-07-04, 02:40
its almost like the rules of fightclub :eek:!

never seen it :p btw i made a new sig, its http://cgi.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/timerscripts/random.php it shows a random time, either video release, doy beta, or doy release, so you dont need two :D

Tratos
03-07-04, 02:42
never seen it :p btw i made a new sig, its http://cgi.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/timerscripts/random.php it shows a random time, either video release, doy beta, or doy release, so you dont need two :D
swipe :D thank yaw!

uber java
03-07-04, 04:49
I agree with that Lexxuk, I wouldnt have used that tactic on the forums, for obvious reasons, but certainly to my mates. although, if that were to be added, sod them, i just wont tell them i got the beta. there not gonna know any difference
Except for when you're not on Pluto hardly anymore, or someone asks, lets go play Neocron, you say ok, they go to login, and they wait, and your dont show up, and they call you/im you, asking where you are, and your like, Neocron, then they'll probably know :P

But yeah, that should be part of the NDA, not being able to tell anyone if you are in the beta test. They should have "NDA Police" people or something, out of the blue, start a conversation, then mention the DoY beta, and see if they say something about it.

uber java
03-07-04, 04:49
I cannot signup for the beta. It says my Forum Account isn't tied to my game account, which it has to be, because I am posting here.

Richard Angelus
03-07-04, 05:50
as far as I remember someone from KK said that there is (near) no place for 'normal' (fights that have nothing to do with some of the new Features like Hacknet) balancing tests and PvP in the Beta
so I think on the Server will be a Testserver like rule with no PvP until both sides or player agree

/Edit:

Auch wenn ich mich wahrscheinlich wiederhole :D
aber der Betatest soll kein grosser Balancingversuch werden :)
Es sollen die neu hinzu gekommenen Bereiche und Features (server/client stabilität, etc)ausgiebig getestet werden und nicht die PvP Fähigkeit der einzelnen Charakter ;)
means
the Betatest will not be a big balancingtest.
Testers should test the new features and areas (ClienT/Server stability) and not the PvP Ability of Charakters

Das soll heissen das wir bei der kurzen Betazeit Prioritäten setzen werden und müssen. Das der Kampf (PvM sowie PvP) im Hacknet getestet werden muss, brauch ich wohl nicht weiter erklären...
that means
in the short Beta they have to set priority.....
but PvM und PvP have to be tested in Hacknet

jernau
03-07-04, 09:40
All signed up but I could only put one computer in. The others are sad now.

One thing which would be nice to know :)

It says the beta will run on one of the *NEW* :D servers can somone from KK please post the specs of this new server? pwitty pwease:DI think they mean it's lower spec boxes running in the office rather than shiny stuff in the hosting facility. I could be wrong but that's how I read it.

I'm just hoping that you don't need to be 18 to Beta test... either you can sign at 16 or parents are allowed to sign it for you. :(It wouldn't be legally binding under UK law and I doubt it would under German either. Sorry dude :(.

Omnituens
03-07-04, 10:42
It wouldn't be legally binding under UK law and I doubt it would under German either. Sorry dude :(.
good point that.

would like confirmation on that.

Doesnt apply to me, im 18, but it would be nice to know.

LTA
03-07-04, 11:01
good point that.

would like confirmation on that.

Doesnt apply to me, im 18, but it would be nice to know.
Yeah it is teh law, you have to be 18 to sign it.
The same happened in another game i applied ot beta for they only took over 18's cuz of the NDA

Archeus
03-07-04, 11:17
Tried to sign up on my first account (which is paid for) and says my account has expired. Logged into the account to be sure.

So used a second account to register.

Scikar
03-07-04, 13:14
I think Carnage is right about balance issues TBH. Balance tweaks etc can still be done after release, fixing major stability bugs etc isn't quite so easy to do later.

]v[ortice
03-07-04, 13:31
I did want to apply, but it seems my forum account is invalid. Can someone please PM me what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

FireWarrior
03-07-04, 13:32
Not without loosing customers to unstable clients and FREs, that's for sure Scikar

P4mp3rk3
03-07-04, 14:36
v[ortice']I did want to apply, but it seems my forum account is invalid. Can someone please PM me what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Don't sign up with your forum account, sign up with the game account. Or is that what you did?

Marx
03-07-04, 16:26
v[ortice']I did want to apply, but it seems my forum account is invalid. Can someone please PM me what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers
Similar thing is happening to me, PM Nid about it - he'll talk to DaFire.

xkorpio
03-07-04, 17:17
Great!!! Im in!!!

Lanigav
03-07-04, 17:23
I reeeeeally hope I get in. Been playing the game a long time and I wanna give the new features a thorough run through. ;)

ezza
03-07-04, 17:38
concidering a lot of the game is based around PvP i see np with that.

as PvP is am imencly important part of the game id rather it-when DoY comes- be as balanced as it can be from the testing the beta guys do.

however lets not go down the retail fighting route of heading to MB ganking all time or anything like that :lol:

Epsilon 5
03-07-04, 18:10
I don't see an issue with "focused" testers ... personally i don't do much pvp, mostly because i suck at it, but I'll probably heavily test the hacknet, merchant system and find oddities in the new maps ... you know, non-pvp stuff :)

Shadow Dancer
03-07-04, 18:22
I cannot signup for the beta. It says my Forum Account isn't tied to my game account, which it has to be, because I am posting here.

I have a similar problem. I get this error.

checking forum account password ... ok

searching forum accounts for neocron account ... ok

checking neocron account password ... ok

checking account status ... ok

checking forum account user group ... failed (must be email validated member)

What the heck? lol.

What do I do?

jernau
03-07-04, 18:35
concidering a lot of the game is based around PvP i see np with that.

as PvP is am imencly important part of the game id rather it-when DoY comes- be as balanced as it can be from the testing the beta guys do.

however lets not go down the retail fighting route of heading to MB ganking all time or anything like that :lol:If the testing is to have any value it should be well regulated and monitored. Players should be given tasks to do, things to watch and questions to answer not just a new place to compare virtual peens.

That will include some PvP I'm sure but I doubt much of it will be the kind Vet enjoys on retail.

After all, the combat engine probably won't be changing much so they already have plenty of servers to test that on. Hopefully this is where they fix all the serious underlying problems we've lived with for so long now.

/edit @SD - Didn't you say you cancelled? That might be a problem if so ;)

Marx
03-07-04, 18:37
I have a similar problem. I get this error.

checking forum account password ... ok

searching forum accounts for neocron account ... ok

checking neocron account password ... ok

checking forum account user group ... failed (must be email validated member)

What the heck? lol.

What do I do?
Same exact error - guess KK doesn't want you and me to apply for the beta.

:lol:

Shadow Dancer
03-07-04, 19:10
/edit @SD - Didn't you say you cancelled? That might be a problem if so ;)

*cough*

thx

Players should be given tasks to do, things to watch and questions to answer not just a new place to compare virtual peens.

I agree. I think KK should just give a general list of what they want tested.

40$Poser
03-07-04, 19:14
I agree. I think KK should just give a general list of what they want tested.

just a thought, shouldn't everything be tested, to make sure it works as intended and so forth?

Xaru
03-07-04, 19:19
KK will most likely give a list with what to test very thoroughly.

jernau
03-07-04, 19:19
just a thought, shouldn't everything be tested, to make sure it works as intended and so forth?Yes but it works much better if it's planned.

eg - Devs think "this bit" might be a problem -> GMs tell players to thrash that hard for a few days -> Devs work on it while the players look into "that bit" -> players get fixed version of "this bit" back and confirm fixes.

This works a lot better because the big time waster in development is changing tasks. Focussing on one at a time is hugely more efficient and also avoids some replication of fault reports.

/edit @SD - Just an idea. Cancelled <> quit too.

Shadow Dancer
03-07-04, 19:20
just a thought, shouldn't everything be tested, to make sure it works as intended and so forth?

I think the testers should be tested. :p

Lexxuk
03-07-04, 19:49
Personally I hope the DOY beta is heavily regulated, not "ohh, think i'll go test x,y,z today" will be a strict set pattern of "you must now go and test x mob" or "go to zone y and do z". Hopefully at the start it will be like the test server with NPC's giving out weapons (normal non rare ones though) cause I'm guessing cst/research could be an issue.

Of course, tradeskillers will play their parts "how much xp do you get from item x which is tl 5, how much xp do you get from item y which is tl 5, repeat 20 times per item" really boring and tedious stuff. In fact, I'm hoping Beta it the most tedious and boring thing ever, at least then we would know that Beta is being done the right way.

PVP, only towards the very end, like big J said, it can be tested just as well on Retail servers unless the resists or any pvp related algorythm is changed in DOY. If there is no need to test anything related to PVP then it should be banned 100% from the Beta server

Seven
03-07-04, 20:01
Signed up, good luck everyone.

Cyphor
03-07-04, 20:02
If there is no need to test anything related to PVP then it should be banned 100% from the Beta server

I disagree PvP is one of the most important parts of this game, resists armour and weapons/class balances need to be tested, i agree pvp should be consensual however, pking serves no purpose and proves nothing for testing purposes. However when you say it can be tested during retail :wtf: I aint paying to beta a game again, we already did that with nc and it failed, get the balance right before release imo. As stated before (no matter what our oppinions are of the people) many have left due to fixes in balance. If people get used to being overpowered a nerf will annoy them and annoying new customers is the last thing kk wants to do, if they arent overpowered to start with however, people will be happy with the chars they play and not need to worry about nerfs.
I say new customers to as imo doy isnt as important to current players as it is for attracting new custom to NC, we play currently because we enjoy the game, doy will be new content and new stuff to do but if you dont like it atm not much will change, however NC NEEDS larger server counts, even at its peak at the start of retail there was only between 500-600 on each of the four servers, this is too small for a mmo imo, never mind the lucky to get more than 1000 people over 5 servers at peak we have now :( Because its the new customers that matter we need to make sure the beta testers help kk get a more polished product this time, this means ALL aspects and leaving NOTHING to fix in retail, if you want people to play after their free trial give them something that feels finished this time.

jernau
03-07-04, 20:15
I'm not sure how much the combat system has changed in BDOY. I'm sure things are being worked on but it's not been in the sneak peeks yet so it may not be as much as some other areas.

My point is that if the combat code is largely unchanged it may not need much testing. If that testing could be done on the current retail servers and would also improve play there then why not do that? The current game needs work too and is a better place to test combat in realistic terms.

Wrt balance - No MMORPG is ever 100% balanced. That's an impossible goal by their nature. If combat is changed/improved in BDOY I'm certain we'll have new balance issues when it launches regardless of how much testing is done.

40$Poser
03-07-04, 20:20
I think the testers should be tested. :p

random tester testing

or random drug testing

ONOEZ TEH TESTER ON NIGHTSPIDER1

Cyphor
03-07-04, 20:36
Even if the combat system wasnt changed at all then saying there should be no testing during a beta is saying everything is balanced atm, i dont agree and think the communtiy has expresed views on a variety of subjects recently which would help find a balance for doy.
I disagree with testing pvp on the retail servers atm just as much as i disagree with testing it in retail after doy, we are paying customers atm and shouldnt be testing the product we're paying for...you dont buy a car to test if the brakes work for the company, products are expected to be complete and in full working order when you buy them or they shouldnt be on the market...
As for all games coming with bugs and balance issues, yes i agree however in most games they require "tweaking" not re-writing how a class works, and norm the balance is minor advantage to one class, not allowing one class to take on 10 others easily with no skill, alla over-powered hybrids...

My point is just that pvp needs to be tested just as much as drop rates, bugs, performance issues, exp gain etc, if anything it is the most important aspect of this game to many and should be one of the places where perticular attention is paid.

jernau
03-07-04, 20:50
There are two elements to combat - "bug testing" and "balance". Don't confuse them.

I never said "no combat" and Lexx only said "if nothing has changed" which is possibly a tad excessive but I would tend to agree - why test something they already know about if it's not going to change. NB : I don't believe it will be unchanged so this is moot.

The "paying customer" argument doesn't work in any MMO and especially not in this one. Many balance issues can only be found in a live environment. Do people really still compare software to cars and expect not to be ridiculed?

"in most games they require "tweaking" not re-writing how a class works" - This is a lot more true now than it was when NC came out. Back then most games were released in an even worse state than NC was. Nowadays that's not true and KK have a LOT to prove.

Again - focus on ANY aspect should be determined by how much has changed and where the devs see weaknesses. Any other method will be a disaster.

Lexxuk
03-07-04, 22:21
Following on from what big J wrote, the current Test Server is extensivly testing resists at the moment, with Lupus wanting people to send him their resists, be this for PVP or PVM, i dont know, but it will involve tweaking, the Test server available now is used to test things that effect the current game, and can be used by anyone. If the DOY Beta uses information from the Test server in relation to weapons, armour, resists, damage etc.. then there would be need for minimal testing on the DOY server.

There is also the fact that testing PVP on the DOY server would have to be strictly enforced, you couldnt just say "lemme test my pvp setup wiv you" it would *have* to be "let me test this pattern, my con is x, my health is x, my resists are x x x" so none of the "testing resists but not telling anyone about the resists cause you dont want people to benefit from your testing", and it wouldnt be "fighting" either, but shooting, taking note of damage, healing, taking note of damage doing that 15-20 times, then doing more damage before healing, doing that 15-20 times, then taking note of the resists you have con levels etc.. noting then, noting changes you make to the resists, then starting from scratch agai with damage, heal, damage heal, and at the end, you would have to post the full results on the DOY Beta Forum. I cant imagine many "pvp'ers" wanting to (a) post their entire resist/armour setup, and (b) testing it 100% and sharing information with other people.

landofcake
03-07-04, 22:28
here's hoping :D

Richard Angelus
03-07-04, 23:58
Lexxuk is right....
Carnage said on the german board that there are only small (or no) differences between the Retail and BDoY Beta Weapon balancing....
when there is some time at the end of the Beta (or massive balancing problems) they will take a look at the balancing problems and try to solve them (that is what Carnage said)
he also said that its much more important that all features work the right way and have (near) no bugs (exploits) than having a good PVP (PvM) balance at DoY release

so....
their is no need to test PvP Balance (besides Hacknet PvP and PvM) extensive in DoY Beta
everything is near the same as retail server

oh and it looks like their will be no level up lom pills only a higher XP gain after a week (Carnage don't want to say more to this topic)

SyncError
04-07-04, 03:04
Well I've put in my application. It goes without saying that I hope to get selected and am really looking forward to testing it out. I've had a lot of previous experience with beta testing games and all I can say is that I echo the majority of others people's opinion in that I hope the people who sign up truly are willing to TEST and not just PLAY.

One thing I did want to mention... I have 4 accounts and while adding them to the sign up information it claimed that one of my four accounts was expired and it would not yet me add it. The account is not expired, and I verified that with both my account settings and with WorldPay (and checked and updated my credit card information). It never did let me add my 4th account to the sign up information. =\

Seven
04-07-04, 03:06
I have two accounts, but was only able to add one. :confused:

Lexxuk
04-07-04, 03:28
based on the fact "the more accounts u have the better chance" i'm guessing that the people who test DOY will be drawn from a hat

Clyde
04-07-04, 05:40
i look at it like this. People should get in cause they sit on the forums all day, or is one of the longest players still active, butt closed beta is not a incentive for people. Its strictly to test the game and play it game is considered testing it, however with things probly buggy and what not, theyre really wont be any playing at all.

Im sure theyre will be a closed beta board so gms can state what needs to be tested and what not. I'm sure they wont allow the real trouble makers in, but then agian theyre really noone around thats like that. I think they'll randomly choose people based on specs, then see if they have any type of bad history. So, to those that get in, good luck on the mission.

Omnituens
04-07-04, 08:54
I dont see whats the big fuss about PvP testing

Since most of the weapons are going to remain, they are already being balanced in NC

Only new weapons need to be balanced around them.

Lexxuk
04-07-04, 15:46
I dont see whats the big fuss about PvP testing

Since most of the weapons are going to remain, they are already being balanced in NC

Only new weapons need to be balanced around them.

I believe that certain people play in certain ways, so would only test the game in a manner for which suits their style of play. A PVP'er would only want to test the PVP side of things, a PVM'er would only want to test the PVM side of things, whilst a Tradeskiller would want to test the Tradeskills aspect. The only side of those 3 which is redundant on a Test server is the PVP side, if someone is testing X, and are jumped from behind from someone testing PVP, person 1's test is gone, and person 2's learnt nothing, so PVP should be 100% banned from the test server, it servers no purpose, especially when there are so many other things to work on, mob loot, mob xp, xp per level, trade xp, slot regularity, bugged zones, graphics issues, possible exploits, stuff that will probably take up until 1st Sept to find and fix, PVP would be a distraction that is not needed :)

Cyphor
04-07-04, 16:44
The only side of those 3 which is redundant on a Test server is the PVP side, if someone is testing X, and are jumped from behind from someone testing PVP, person 1's test is gone, and person 2's learnt nothing, so PVP should be 100% banned from the test server, it servers no purpose, especially when there are so many other things to work on, mob loot, mob xp, xp per level, trade xp, slot regularity, bugged zones, graphics issues, possible exploits, stuff that will probably take up until 1st Sept to find and fix, PVP would be a distraction that is not needed :)

That wasn't what i was meaning anyway :) i draw a distinction between pvp and pking, pvp is consensual, and testing pvp areas doesn't even have to include fighting, just checking weapons balances etc.
Also how can they test how the new servers handle large op wars etc without having them? Atm many people get very low fps in large op wars and find them unplayable and many sync out etc, should tests be done to see if the new client handles them better?

J. Folsom
04-07-04, 16:46
That wasn't what i was meaning anyway :) i draw a distinction between pvp and pking, pvp is consensual, and testing pvp areas doesn't even have to include fighting, just checking weapons balances etc.
Also how can they test how the new servers handle large op wars etc without having them? Atm many people get very low fps in large op wars and find them unplayable and many sync out etc, should tests be done to see if the new client handles them better?
There will most likely be such tests done, but most likely after the main stability testing has been done, after all, if the game were to be unstable during standard play, it definitely would be unplayable during large-scale op wars. ;)

jernau
04-07-04, 16:51
There will most likely be such tests done, but most likely after the main stability testing has been done, after all, if the game were to be unstable during standard play, it definitely would be unplayable during large-scale op wars. ;)
What he said. I assume they've done some kind of simulated load testing by now so they should have a pretty good idea how things run under load.

I'd still like some word from KK on the server issues :
Will there be new servers?
How many worlds?
How will the worlds vary?
And for us techies and if there are new servers :
What specs?
How many per world/cluster?
Will you still host at the same site?

Richard Angelus
04-07-04, 16:56
and there are huge differences between test server stability with OP Fights (big PvP fights) and only test balance and make OP Fights
with the first (focus on server stability) you don't realy care about balance (if you find something that seems wrong... its ok) but you will test weapons that stress the server (like weapons with area damage)

when you will test balance and make OP Fights to test it.....you don't care about server stability....you have a focus on weapons and their usage and strength (test weapons that need more server ressources? why? the damage seems ok and TL is too low to be usefull in OP Fights)

SynC_187
05-07-04, 14:10
You should of asked for soundcard aswell, as some of the existing bugs are soundblaster live problems

Richard Slade
05-07-04, 14:12
I'd still like some word from KK on the server issues :
Will there be new servers?
How many worlds?
How will the worlds vary?
And for us techies and if there are new servers :
What specs?
How many per world/cluster?
Will you still host at the same site?

There WILL be new servers
No new worlds, still the same Neo
And they will keep be different in the same way as before:
Pluto gets all love and Saturn is the trashcan

Specs: Cardboardbox with small midget inside
three midgets per cluster
and yes, the midgets WILL host the same site

However, what KK's gonna do: Ain't got a clue

El_MUERkO
05-07-04, 14:52
I signed up, it'll probably be the only way I'd play NC, if I dont play I'll wait for peoples opinions (who i value) of the game to start popping up on the forums and by that I'll decide if its worth my time paying for a game i dont play.

ezza
05-07-04, 14:58
I signed up, it'll probably be the only way I'd play NC, if I dont play I'll wait for peoples opinions (who i value) of the game to start popping up on the forums and by that I'll decide if its worth my time paying for a game i dont play.
then sorry man but for that i hope you dont get in, because i dont want to see people in who only want to see what its like, i want people who are prepared to test the things there told not just to get a preview of whats on offer

if ive misinterprited what you mean then sorry, but thats the way it sounds, beta to retail was shit first time round, i want them to get it right this time

Gulinborsti
05-07-04, 15:06
Wow, Beta again! I hope I can make it in again after the amazing time we had back in beta 3 ... :angel:

ezza
05-07-04, 15:07
Wow, Beta again! I hope I can make it in again after the amazing time we had back in beta 3 ... :angel:
you mean messing around not reporting bugs

[TgR]KILLER
05-07-04, 15:19
whoa just got back home from Drome and saw this :p just applied ^^

Gulinborsti
05-07-04, 15:48
erm, sure :rolleyes:

Cyphor
05-07-04, 15:54
Important: To participate in the beta test, you need to have an active Neocron account,

Just a last point, imo this should be active for the last 6 months or some time period like that, only people who have stuck with the game are likely to "care" about how doy turns out, those popping back just for the beta most likely just want to try it out, and be able to say they got in.
Also the test server forums should be taken into account when deciding, there are people who spend alot of time checking bugs and reporting them on the test server and compiling data which shows they are devoted to true testing , they are the types of people I would want beta testing doy.

Benjie
05-07-04, 16:05
Just a last point, imo this should be active for the last 6 months or some time period like that, only people who have stuck with the game are likely to "care" about how doy turns out, those popping back just for the beta most likely just want to try it out, and be able to say they got in.
Also the test server forums should be taken into account when deciding, there are people who spend alot of time checking bugs and reporting them on the test server and compiling data which shows they are devoted to true testing , they are the types of people I would want beta testing doy.
True.
I hope KK pick real long term players who realise the responsability and who do not just want to play DoY a couple of months early.

// Edit

I deliberately have not signed up for the Beta for that exact reason. I do not want to test BDoY, I want to play it! I want to enjoy it completely in its finished form.

Marx
05-07-04, 16:11
Finally in on this.

:)

Cyphor
05-07-04, 16:27
I deliberately have not signed up for the Beta for that exact reason. I do not want to test BDoY, I want to play it! I want to enjoy it completely in its finished form.

I'm the same, I don't have the time atm and don't want to see doy for the first time from a testers point of view, i'd rather see it my way as i play. So i haven't signed up, if anything i think because i want to see it while playing it i want it to be perfect at release which is why i think they should be strict about who they accept :angel:
Due to work im only going to get two weeks to play doy before i have to move away and cancel (no good net access where im going) :( so i dont want that time riddled with server downtime and bugs etc.

enigma_b17
05-07-04, 22:45
"then sorry man but for that i hope you dont get in, because i dont want to see people in who only want to see what its like, i want people who are prepared to test the things there told not just to get a preview of whats on offer"

Amen, whats the point in applyin for a beta if u aint goin to test it :P

El_MUERkO
06-07-04, 14:22
then sorry man but for that i hope you dont get in, because i dont want to see people in who only want to see what its like, i want people who are prepared to test the things there told not just to get a preview of whats on offer

if ive misinterprited what you mean then sorry, but thats the way it sounds, beta to retail was shit first time round, i want them to get it right this time
If i got in the beta I would test the game and log bugs just like i've done in the other betas I've been in and every day in work too, me being a software tester by trade :)

However just like in Beta 4 when I first started playing NC I would also spend my time deciding if I liked the game or not, if I feel we've waited all this time for a disappointing addon that isnt going to give me any satisfaction to play then I'd cancel my subscription and head elsewhere.

Thats not unreasonable is it?

ezza
06-07-04, 14:28
as long as you dont fuck me DoY up its ok

El_MUERkO
06-07-04, 14:33
Anyway the likelyhood of myself getting a spot in beta is tiny, I've been a voice of decent on this forum for months now and KK will want only the biggest fanboi's to go near the beta, thus ensuring glowing reviews and and joy on the forums :)

Original monk
06-07-04, 14:39

thats why i aint participating in the betatesting for doy, i probably would fool around ya see :) instead of doing the necessary bugtesting, betatesting is hard work and no vacation ya see.

think that little spot can better be reserved for a hardworking tester :)

who i have alot of respect for

(that is theoretically if i ever got in ffcourse, i tought they would like me as a moderator also but i never got any response back of that so i guess not ... while im a 100% sure i got the most tasty pizzatopping of all :) )

:D

edit: ezza its not youre doy, its OUR doy :P (thats you, me and the rest of the community, and ffcourse mainly MJS :) )

Shujin
06-07-04, 14:43
i signed up when it was first posted but didnt post about it.

now gonna just say a lil something in my defense incase anyone is considering me for the beta and reading this ;] -> you guys know ive reported assloads of bugs and exploits, check mah email account ;P prolly more email from me than from those penis enlargement people ;o...

ezza
06-07-04, 14:44
yes thats what i ment, ours..........

mine all mine muhahahahaha

Original monk
06-07-04, 15:26
yes thats what i ment, ours..........

mine all mine muhahahahaha

rofl, atlast we see youre true nature: PURE EVIL !!!!! :lol:

dr.evil is it you ? doctor doctor is it you ? :P

Prankster26193
06-07-04, 18:31
Im chaotic good, I normally fight Tg's and the like, but sometimes I enjoy the newb gank :p

Marx
06-07-04, 18:57
Im chaotic good, I normally fight Tg's and the like, but sometimes I enjoy the newb gank :p
As long as its a enemy newbie, or a person of faltering morals (yellow or red), then it's A-OK.

Candaman
06-07-04, 19:04

now gonna just say a lil something in my defense incase anyone is considering me for the beta and reading this ;] -> you guys know ive reported assloads of bugs and exploits, check mah email account ;P prolly more email from me than from those penis enlargement people ;o...

Can someone say something good about what i've done cus i ain't so good at self proclamation.

ezza
06-07-04, 19:07
Can someone say something good about what i've done cus i ain't so good at self proclamation.
ok errm, tbh without Canning in neocron, there would be no neocron, its that simple.

so there for Canning is the best and should get into beta test.

umm that ok?

Candaman
06-07-04, 19:10
ok errm, tbh without Canning in neocron, there would be no neocron, its that simple.

so there for Canning is the best and should get into beta test.

umm that ok?

<3

p.s. had to quote it repitition is good mmmkay

Shadow Dancer
06-07-04, 19:47

Yea I think Shujin should get in.

There's a couple of people I think should get in right off the bat.

Shujin
Carinth
etc.......

Candaman
06-07-04, 19:55
Yea I think Shujin should get in.

There's a couple of people I think should get in right off the bat.

Shujin
Carinth
etc.......

got anymore clan members to recommend or maybe some friends i don't think it is up to u to pick

Shadow Dancer
06-07-04, 20:00
got anymore clan members to recommend or maybe some friends i don't think it is up to u to pick

lol.

Shujin isn't my friend. Carinth is an EX-clan leader. Just because he was in my clan, doesn't mean I can't name him. I think he has a level head and a genuine heart. Besides, he told me he didn't apply for beta. So bleh.

It's not up to me to pick(oh how I wish it was, :D), but I can offer my opinion.

jernau
06-07-04, 20:39
:confused:

Shadow Dancer
06-07-04, 20:43
:confused:

That sounded like chaotic neutral. hehe

jernau
06-07-04, 20:44
That sounded like chaotic neutral. hehe
Also, I can't see the BDoY link.

Shujin
06-07-04, 22:59
[Edited]-Misread a bit-

Marshall1
07-07-04, 00:15
hey guys maybe we can calm down a bit
im sure kk will choose the best guys for the job
all this advertising of your own stats and boasting your self up just makes you look silly sit back relax have a cuppa and wait and see
thats what i will do
i been following this game since befour the betas even started and it was the same bakc then everyone getting excited only to be dispointed about not getting in drink tea and relax i got ym fingers crossed but if i dont get in i dont get in

i am gald to see doy in beta stage though means maybe population explosion is juts round corner lol :)

Omnituens
07-07-04, 01:11
the download for the client - it will be resumable.. right?

2 gigs is quiet a wait for some people.. and accidents can happen...

Epsilon 5
07-07-04, 01:41
well normally if it's a decent quality FTP server you can resume ..

btw I'm a lawful good player :P

]v[ortice
07-07-04, 01:56
I may have mentioned this somewhere else in thread but here goes....

My fucking Username and Password don't fucking work on the bastard application

Now i'm normally a calm guy...

But can someone please sort this shit out.

----------------------

^^ That's what i originally wrote. Now I'd like to formally apologise to everyone for being totally and utterly stupid. It is a character trait unfortunately :). Problem solved

Tratos
07-07-04, 02:50
v[ortice']I may have mentioned this somewhere else in thread but here goes....

----------------------

^^ That's what i originally wrote. Now I'd like to formally apologise to everyone for being totally and utterly stupid. It is a character trait unfortunately :). Problem solved
PM DaFire :) he'll sort you but i believe hes away till the end of that week.

Candaman
07-07-04, 06:25
v[ortice']I may have mentioned this somewhere else in thread but here goes....

----------------------

u forgot to apologise for overuse of swearing, being abnoxious, jumping the gun, not thinking before posting...the list goes on

KirkBjerk
07-07-04, 07:41
I'm just getting ready for the movie release =) yummmm

Omni X
07-07-04, 20:57
Came back for DOY. This looks good. :cool:

VirtualReGen
08-07-04, 01:20
Cool i signed up, i hope i get chosen

Jonax
08-07-04, 01:27
hey guys maybe we can calm down a bit
im sure kk will choose the best guys for the job
all this advertising of your own stats and boasting your self up just makes you look silly sit back relax have a cuppa and wait and see
thats what i will do

A serious contender for "Quote of the Thread" - Some simple effective advice :D

We have no real clue of KK's selection methods - Be it via some criteria or whether it's pulling names out of a hat. So there's no real point flexing about stats, community involvement (unless you don't mind it potentially haunting you at a later date - It does happen :wtf: ) :)

Even if someone here doesn't get into BDoY beta, there's currently a consolation - The WoW European beta registration is AFAIK still open :D

Candaman
08-07-04, 02:10
Will there be any word on when the beta acceptance emails are being sent out i see that it starts 19th July and usually they are sent out a week b4 or summat any hint?

Type X
08-07-04, 11:25
Comon guys..................wheres my f'n e-mail?!?!? :mad:
I applied...................................
Aww to hell with it, they wouldnt have chosen me anyway, I never get that lucky.

Wait.....whats this? I tried resubmitting my account information in the offchance my info got bounced too since im using mozilla, but wait a second here........."That account is already a registered beta account!" Well holy shit batman, does this mean I'm in, or is my language interpretation being hindered by my sleep deprivation? (pssst! Just do it man, pick the first one!)...AHem! :angel:

NaKoth
08-07-04, 14:58
Im sorry if this is discussed allready (just too many pages to read them all trhough)

How will I be able to add new account to the application. (ie. if i registered to doy beta yesterday and bought a new account today.) As it is at the moment, I am not able to view the information that I submitted nor am I able to add moer accounts to my application. Any advices ?

Constantin
09-07-04, 17:08
i really need that beta plz...

http://www.xtc.pl/xtc_img/pics/funny/kot.jpg

Tratos
09-07-04, 18:03
Will there be any word on when the beta acceptance emails are being sent out i see that it starts 19th July and usually they are sent out a week b4 or summat any hint?
well if it is a week before hand i cant wait untill monday -crosses fingers-

Judge
09-07-04, 18:09
KK, just remember that Tratos and I have huge amounts of time on our hands, and we're both dedicated to the game, and we pwn (well I do at least. :p).

Tratos
09-07-04, 18:10
i pwn as well nonest..

http://www.xtc.pl/xtc_img/pics/funny/kot.jpg

Candaman
09-07-04, 19:04
i pwn as well nonest..

Just a shame about ur spelling eh but if there is a nda involved then almost certainly there will be a 18 age limit on it

notneo
11-07-04, 08:07
well ben back 4 hours,its 7 am and i am already putting my reg in lol

Shujin
11-07-04, 08:34
Just a shame about ur spelling eh but if there is a nda involved then almost certainly there will be a 18 age limit on it
yea probably will be due to it being a closed beta you will have to agree to some legal terms. maybe non disclosure thing or somethin... but there are ways around that, I beta'd alot of games when i was under 18 just got parent or sibling to sign.

Dribble Joy
11-07-04, 14:17
Well I have submitted, though I doubt they would want my smelly arse in the beta :p.

Vampire222
11-07-04, 15:24
Well I have submitted, though I doubt they would want my smelly arse in the beta :p.

who wouldnt want you in their beta :D

Dribble Joy
11-07-04, 20:48
who wouldnt want you in their beta :D
O_o

But.. but.. I smell.. and I'm a bad person.
I spam the forums too much, my ideas suck, my TS performance is pathetic and and I smell.

J. Folsom
11-07-04, 21:21
O_o

But.. but.. I smell.. and I'm a bad person.
I spam the forums too much, my ideas suck, my TS performance is pathetic and and I smell.
The smell shouldn't bother them too much, considering they'll still still be in their office, which is safely away from where you live. :p

FlashFF
12-07-04, 14:01
[edit] Oops. At my mates house and used wrong account.

Steve

J. Folsom
12-07-04, 14:03
It says "First come first serve" basis, is that in order of who applied? Or whichever ones are seen first get used? I don't mind if I get into Beta or not, as long as BDoY comes out in a sexy bug-free fashion.

Steve
It says it's not on first come first serve basis, actually. Thanatos said "Testers will not be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis", note the not. :p

Mingerroo
12-07-04, 14:08
Lol, oops, my bad. So is it random? Or is it a specific system of selection? And although the beta starts on the 19th, when will testers be notified and allowed to DL the client (I'd assume earlier so that 56kers can start testing with the rest of the world :P)

Steve

P.S. Thanks for the speedy response J.Folsom.

Dribble Joy
12-07-04, 14:34
Basically they are going to hand pick 'responsible' members of the comunity.

Mingerroo
12-07-04, 18:44
That's nice. I at least think I'm responsible :) I've helped out here and there but at the end of the day I'm not bothered as long as BDoY makes it here in one beautiful, close to bug-free, piece.

Steve

Mandarin Mint
13-07-04, 22:30
oh oh pick me pick me!!!!! RIGHT HERE!! MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Did I mention pick me?

Random annoyingness :p

dark_reaper
14-07-04, 05:20
Heh thats nice another beta. I will prabally put like 10 hours a day in :) Only when I am not working.

BunkerBoy
16-07-04, 01:50
*sends in beta app* Plz accept me =P
heheh

Druid311
16-07-04, 02:33
yeah i beta tested neocron but who didnt and now i want to beta test DoY

tiikeri
16-07-04, 03:02
Has "the pick" already made? Or when its going to happen?`

(I might have missed if the answer is, yea :) And haven't seen anyone posting "IM IIN NANANANANANAAA"-thingies :)

Marx
16-07-04, 03:09
Has "the pick" already made? Or when its going to happen?`

(I might have missed if the answer is, yea :) And haven't seen anyone posting "IM IIN NANANANANANAAA"-thingies :)
Probably tomorrow or this weekend seeing as the beta starts on the 19th, they will make an announcement when they go through/start the selection process.

tiikeri
16-07-04, 03:10
aye, ty for the info :)

I still have a chance of not missing it :)

Dribble Joy
16-07-04, 03:12
Afaik, the 'first wave' of beta will be devs, GMs and FCs for a wee bit to sort out the major problems.

Candaman
16-07-04, 03:43
Afaik, the 'first wave' of beta will be devs, GMs and FCs for a wee bit to sort out the major problems.

Um drible thats been going on for a long time now well not for FC's

jernau
16-07-04, 03:47
I can't see any point announcing the internal startup to us in this way unless they like being flamed and insulted so I assume that Monday is when the first batch of players get into it.

That being the case and considering the DL size I would guess they will announce this afternoon (Friday) so people can get the client over the weekend.

Then again, I'm using logic and reason and this is KK so I dunno what will happen.

ronaz
16-07-04, 08:53
That would be very wise indeed :) (* hints and waves at KK)