PDA

View Full Version : [OT]Driv3r - Buy Online?

SilentEye
02-07-04, 14:29
Hey,

I just read on Driv3r.com that it's out, so I went to my local game store:

Silenteye is looking trough the shafts, can't find it..
He walks up to the shop keeper and asks "Hey, Driver 3, you got that came yet?" And the shop keeper answers with "Errr PC? Nope, september :p"

I'm like errrr, nice....

So I was wondering if anyone knows of an online shop where I can order it!

Thanks,
Silenteye

Benjie
02-07-04, 14:32
I have no idea where you live so can't help you mcuh, but try www.Amazon.com / www.Amazon.co.uk / www.Amazon.mars / etc

btw I heard it sucks, and it's full of bugs. :(

Just checked. The PC version isn't out yet, only the console versions.

SilentEye
02-07-04, 14:35
The movies look incredible and I love the motorbikes! *drools*

I live in the Netherlands for further notice :)

EDIT: While looking trough the website, it seems that its only out on the PS2 and XBOX for now, grrrrr!

Or not: here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001OFP5U/qid=1088771876/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i4_xgl/026-5663515-9707638)

Benjie
02-07-04, 14:37
The movies look incredible and I love the motorbikes! *drools*
Thats what I thought, but I have been reading a lot of very bad reviews.

Check out these reviews. 4/10. 3/10... (http://www.tothegame.com/newssearch.asp?newstitle=driv3r)
Good graphics don't always make a game good. Driv3r is proof. :(

SilentEye
02-07-04, 14:39
Give me this, is it better then GTA: Vice City?
Me liked Vice City...

Benjie
02-07-04, 14:42
Give me this, is it better then GTA: Vice City?
Me liked Vice City...

Not from what I have heard. I would wait for GTA4 to come out.
Who knows, you may even like Driv3r, although I would deffinetly read the reviews for yourself before making your decision.

SilentEye
02-07-04, 14:44
Weird maybe, but I seem to like the game.

That review you showed me is just "one of those" you know?
I'm sure there are lots of people who do like it, right?

Silent

LTA
02-07-04, 14:45
bit of a dissapointment if you ask me, it all looks nice but meh the world to me just seemed empty, i got bored of it after a short while playing but it's worth a go heh.

VC>Driv3r IMO :p

SilentEye
02-07-04, 14:50
:( :mad: :rolleyes:

I'm not whether to be happy that it wasnt in the store now or not...
I do know that I don't know if I want it now though... :(

LTA
02-07-04, 14:54

If you have a console somewhere or download a decent ps2 emulator you could always rent the console version from somewhere and see what you think heh

Benjie
02-07-04, 14:55

GTA4 is going to rox joo. That will make you happy again.
With Half Life 2 so close, and not to mention DoY.

There are some good games on there way, cheer up Joe. ;)

SilentEye
02-07-04, 15:01
GTA4 is going to rox joo. That will make you happy again.
With Half Life 2 so close, and not to mention DoY.

There are some good games on there way, cheer up Joe. ;)
Hmm, I guess you're right... I think I'll wait and buy GTA4, HL2 and DoY.

You scare me though, calling me Joe, how do you know my name is Joe? :confused:

n3m
02-07-04, 16:10
played it for a week now, already got bored and de... sold it.
GTA is in many ways better. Bikes look good and seeing the bullet holes in the cars also look great. but gameplay wise gta has the upper hand

Vampire222
02-07-04, 16:16
NOTHING even comes close to vice city, Nothing, i dont know how rockstar did it, but vc was like the best drive hijack shoot game ever

Tratos
02-07-04, 16:20
NOTHING even comes close to vice city, Nothing, i dont know how rockstar did it, but vc was like the best drive hijack shoot game ever
yup and san andreas is supposed to be even better, with it being 5 times bigger than VC and not having to load except when entering buildings :eek:

n3m
02-07-04, 16:21
oh and GTA4 wont be out till next year..
first San Andreas.

yeah GTA = sexy since day 1

LTA
02-07-04, 16:21
At least untill San Adreas comes out.... (/me hopes for nother winnar)

but yeah vice city rocks, still has loads fo play life left in it for me, especially when i am bored and need to mow someone down or osmething :p

SilentEye
02-07-04, 16:26
So first GTA: San Andreas comes out and then next year GTA 4?

Archeus
02-07-04, 16:47
Thats what I thought, but I have been reading a lot of very bad reviews.

Check out these reviews. 4/10. 3/10... (http://www.tothegame.com/newssearch.asp?newstitle=driv3r)
Good graphics don't always make a game good. Driv3r is proof. :(

Oddly enough the review that gave it 9/10 got free advertising inside the manual.

Vampire is right about vice city. Only thing to come close to it is Mafia.

Odin
02-07-04, 17:18
For the love of god avoid it at all costs! Already sold the xbox version off.

Spiderman 2 on the Xbox is kicking ass so far though. GTA open style concept of a completely scaled manhattan and excellent physics. Random missions are pretty basic and the same but taking that stage dive off the empire state building is worth more then anything :) Should tide me over till Madden 2005 and Fable :)

SilentEye
02-07-04, 17:24
Is Spiderman 2 on the PC?

Odin
02-07-04, 17:25
Is Spiderman 2 on the PC?

Nope. They are bringing out a PC version but it's nothing like the console ones. The version being brought to PC is a dumbed down totally different game.

SilentEye
02-07-04, 17:28
Why is that?

Archeus
02-07-04, 18:37
Nope. They are bringing out a PC version but it's nothing like the console ones. The version being brought to PC is a dumbed down totally different game.

I saw the PC version, doesn't look dumbed down at all.

alig
02-07-04, 18:45
Reasons to buy this game :

If you have a Ps2
If you like driver
If you want an amazing game

Reasons NOT to buy this game :

If you have an Xbox
If you think it will be GTA
If you want to believe some dude sat in an office typing up reviews of a game they probably barely tried.

If you read _ANY_ bad reviews about this concerning graphic bugs and just bugs then they are playing the Xbox version, which im sure just about every reviewer tested this game on the Xbox for obvious reasons (its got better hardware).

Edit/ See....look what version Odin has and look what he did with it. Sold it.

Get a ps2 if you want to play this game properly, they are better anyway with software and have 4 dominating titles that nothing else compares to, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy.

Whats the Xbox got, Halo :lol: which i personally think its worse than Breed on the pc.

n3m
03-07-04, 12:07
:rolleyes:
I won't start.

So first GTA: San Andreas comes out and then next year GTA 4?Yes, GTA:SA will come October this year. GTA4 doesn't have a release date yet I think.

goes like:
GTA1
GTA2
{GTA3/GTA:LC}
{GTA:VC}
{GTA:SA}
GTA4

So far GTA:SA looks good. You can finally SWIM :eek:
It's sounds more like a rpg kinda game with every tidbit of info coming out..

SilentEye
03-07-04, 14:37
You can finally SWIM
That's one hell of a relief. I guess I'll buy Driv3r when it comes out on the PC as well, I got plenty of money anyway :p

Oath
03-07-04, 16:38
GTA > Driver.

Always has been, always will be.

Benjie
03-07-04, 17:20
Should tide me over till Madden 2005 and Fable :)
Fable looks great, but I'm awaiting Jade Empires more. Dunno, I just loved Neverwinter Nights & SW:KotOR I guess.

Odin
03-07-04, 21:18
Fable looks great, but I'm awaiting Jade Empires more. Dunno, I just loved Neverwinter Nights & SW:KotOR I guess.

Yah but I was thinking of the more immediate future. Jade Empire's on the future list along with Conker, Forza etc

Celt
03-07-04, 21:32
Reasons to buy this game :

If you have a Ps2
If you like driver
If you want an amazing game

Reasons NOT to buy this game :

If you have an Xbox
If you think it will be GTA
If you want to believe some dude sat in an office typing up reviews of a game they probably barely tried.

If you read _ANY_ bad reviews about this concerning graphic bugs and just bugs then they are playing the Xbox version, which im sure just about every reviewer tested this game on the Xbox for obvious reasons (its got better hardware).

Edit/ See....look what version Odin has and look what he did with it. Sold it.

Get a ps2 if you want to play this game properly, they are better anyway with software and have 4 dominating titles that nothing else compares to, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy.

Whats the Xbox got, Halo :lol: which i personally think its worse than Breed on the pc.
Driv3r on the PS2 also sucks donkeys.