PDA

View Full Version : Rezkilling and being stripped of everything

winnoc
02-07-04, 08:27
I know it's my own fault, but yesterday i was stripped of everything on my researcher.

I was at the gates of neocron, doing some repairs, and then i was gonna get out the rhino to go op waring, all of a sudden i get a phonecall, which was real urgent, my mind wanders off as i make the call, while hurying to get ready to go out and drive somewhere...... I FORGET TO LOG OUT OF THE GAME........

Four hours later i come home, with a screen saying, you're dead.
I think, oh shit!!!!

I gr to my appy, recover my backpack and i'm completely stripped save for a few repair nanites, some wb junk (wires and stuff) and two implants.
Oh, and wow, i got 5 con levels.

So, even though i know i should've logged out i think it is a lame way to get tradeskiller tools, rareparts(yes, i was resing some), and chips.

CyTeCH
02-07-04, 08:35
I know it's my own fault, but yesterday i was stripped of everything on my researcher.

I was at the gates of neocron, doing some repairs, and then i was gonna get out the rhino to go op waring, all of a sudden i get a phonecall, which was real urgent, my mind wanders off as i make the call, while hurying to get ready to go out and drive somewhere...... I FORGET TO LOG OUT OF THE GAME........

Four hours later i come home, with a screen saying, you're dead.
I think, oh shit!!!!

I gr to my appy, recover my backpack and i'm completely stripped save for a few repair nanites, some wb junk (wires and stuff) and two implants.
Oh, and wow, i got 5 con levels.

So, even though i know i should've logged out i think it is a lame way to get tradeskiller tools, rareparts(yes, i was resing some), and chips.

if i ever have to leave my desk for any reason i will alt+f4 unless im stood in my App....can only advise you do the same.

jernau
02-07-04, 08:39
Bad luck dude :(

How did you lose imps or tools being res-killed?

Alt-F4 screws up window positions and grud knows what else but up to you.

CyTeCH
02-07-04, 08:50
doesnt affect my window settings :confused:
even if it did i would prefer to have to change my window settings then be rezzkilled......

Benjie
02-07-04, 09:04
Simple sollution. You need to accept resurection for it to work. (like with teaming)

The only argument is whether it should be fixed or not. I like the idea of Neocron being a dangerous world. If you go afk for 4 hours, bad things should happen to you!

jernau
02-07-04, 09:08
doesnt affect my window settings :confused:
even if it did i would prefer to have to change my window settings then be rezzkilled......
It does mine, I get reverted to the noob stats (apt help popups and crap). It doesn't happen every time but enough that I don't use it.

I just log out normally or GR to my apt if I afk.

sanityislost
02-07-04, 09:08
Yea afk for 4 hours in the wastes is insane, its kinda like falling asleep in a
burning house. Even tho they both may seem like a good idea at the time in
the end your still gona lose shit :p

SiL ..:..

winnoc
02-07-04, 09:24
Yeah, i know :-)
It was however a real emergency for which i had to run out, and i now know who did it too.
I don't realy care about the stuff, it's gonna be replaced realy fast anyway.

I also just found out who did it. And it wasn't even an enemy faction clan, goddamn friendlies.
Now kos to my clan and trust me, i am going to enjoy harassing their asses for the next few weeks, been getting bored from hunting anyway :-)

Maarten
02-07-04, 10:22
Tradeskill tools shouldn't drop in belts... O_o

MkVenner
02-07-04, 10:26
remote tools do

Archeus
02-07-04, 10:30
Simple sollution. You need to accept resurection for it to work. (like with teaming)

The only argument is whether it should be fixed or not. I like the idea of Neocron being a dangerous world. If you go afk for 4 hours, bad things should happen to you!

Thats a good idea. Also have it that if the person doesn't accept/refuse the rez after a set time (20 seconds?) then they are automatically teleported to their apartment. Or if someone tries to rez them 4 times and they refused 4 times.

Tradeskill tools shouldn't drop in belts...

I said they did before (as I have lost tools before) but someone told me they fixed it so they couldn't do it anymore.

SynC_187
Wasn't really thinking. Ignore me...

formori
/me does the LE dance of Joy :D

but that really does suck thou :(

winnoc
02-07-04, 10:47
Yes, i only dropped my remote tool, a couple of rare parts and some chips i was carying, a lot of bp's too.

I have currently narrowed it down to 2 clans one enemy one friendly and some other people that were talking in local (i have chatlog and got some mails from people)

I don't care about the enmy faction clan doing it, hell i would do it too. However the friendlies are the ones i'm going after.

Falen
02-07-04, 10:51

I think its a wonderful idea.... would be nice because of the endless log in syncs.... *example killing 3 guys fre... log back in still alive but endless sync 50/80/0, relog 13 more times and have all your stuff gone heh* and its not like it would change big fights... cept for the lack of rez killing people waiting for friendly rez's but they now log out and wait for it all to be clear or whatever they like to do =) so ya wicked idea save us from the endless sync kk :D

mishkin
02-07-04, 11:44
@ Jernau, there is a simple solution to the windows resetting.

Set your rpos.ini file to read-only, it's in the ini folder in your nc-install.
Just remember to set it when you have the windows set up the way you like them ;)
I only get the resets when I alt-f4 when Im dead and have the gr-list up though...

The idea with the "accept ressurection" is nice, I'd like to see something like that come :)

jernau
02-07-04, 11:53
Then you have to remember to undo it whenever you want to change anything though. Logging out properly doesn't exactly take long.

winnoc
02-07-04, 11:57
Been doing Alt+F4 all my life in neocron and i've never entered the game in a different position, unless i was synching at a zoneline

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 13:06
The moral of this story?

Dont go AFK in an anarchy zone :rolleyes:

Genty
02-07-04, 13:12
or don't go afk while auto-repairing an already fully repaired rhino...whatever floats your boat......

SilentEye
02-07-04, 13:21

Two good points, to bad they work in on eachother.
I don't know what I'd like.. Whether to have to accept or it to be dangerous...

winnoc
02-07-04, 13:35
or don't go afk while auto-repairing an already fully repaired rhino...whatever floats your boat......

Now, tell me who, in their right mind, would willingly go afk, with rareparts tools (tl150 research) and bp's at the gates of neorcron?

And as i said, i don't mind the enemy clan doing it to me, but i've had no quarrel with the friendly clan untill now. So xcuse me as i gank ever last one of them, even 0/2 level every time one pops in my sights.

Freya
02-07-04, 13:38
tis a sad thing when such thing happens, lets just hope you learned from this

thread closed, keep it in game