PDA

View Full Version : Romance in Roleplay (Or: How to score nekkid cyber-sex0r and still look good).

Moscow
02-07-04, 02:14
Simply put, what are your views on romance (Between characters) in Roleplay? I can only post the question right now, because I'm bloody tired after nearly fourty-eight hours of Demon/Dungeons and Dragons, but I'll be posting more when I wake up. :p

Be nice to each other, y'all.

Peace.

-Moscow

Shadow Dancer
02-07-04, 02:15
I don't feel anything, lol. If BOTH people know it's roleplay, and are fine with it. Then I see no problem.

Lexxuk
02-07-04, 02:45
where r the tips on how to score nekkid cyber-sex0r and still look good? O_O

Siygess
02-07-04, 03:19
where r the tips on how to score nekkid cyber-sex0r and still look good? O_O

Play more D&D, obviously :)

A consensual romance between two characters, where each character has a mature and sensible player behind them, is very good thing. Just as long as both parties involved understand it's an in game thing, not an out of game thing, then it should provide plenty of good roleplaying.

LiL T
02-07-04, 03:24
I play a female PE the blonde one she looks sexy I'm a bloke and I do have a laugh when people are doing the sex emote at me. But It gets pretty sick if they keep doing it

Lexxuk
02-07-04, 03:25
A consensual romance between two characters, where each character has a mature and sensible player behind them,

mature? sensible? damn, rules me out then :(

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 03:30
mature? sensible? damn, rules me out then :(

Does it actually count anyone in at all?

seraphian
02-07-04, 03:44
I think that it can be VERY good RP, if you do it inteligently. Romance and yes, sex is a big part of the human experiance, ergo big part of a fictional characters life. I've had some in game lovers, the only thing that's ever bothered me is when they try to take it out of game... My characters are just that, fictional characters.

One exception, you know who you are, it was a bit of both... don't read this and get the wrong idea.

I've even had tabletop RP characters get involved, in a pure RP sense, there was nothing personal between us as players (he was married...)

If you are mature enough to handle it and want to use it as a plot device, then I say go ahead... there's a lot of good storytelling in it, and there can be some wonderful complications.

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 03:50
I think that it can be VERY good RP, if you do it inteligently. Romance and yes, sex is a big part of the human experiance, ergo big part of a fictional characters life.

And killing people randomly in different types of places, like streets, deserts and bunkers is a big part of your human experience...?

Rai Wong
02-07-04, 03:57
I don't think it matters, as long as you don't actually let it into RL, though the idea of having romance in an online game is interesting, the idea of having romance with a bloke with a girl model...is erhm....disturbing? I mean people don't stay in RP sometimes people might actually start liking each other...

Then it turns out you like a guy after all..

god bless teamspeak.

Lexxuk
02-07-04, 04:02
Does it actually count anyone in at all?

But I was really hopin Moscow could show me the errors of my way and make me a man :( :( :( :( :angel:

Divide
02-07-04, 04:16
I dont really have any input on the subject at hand, just wanted to tell moscow to switch his sig back to the "private umm whore" sig-- it was 1337

TheGreatMilenko
02-07-04, 05:25
befor anything 1st thing id do is
http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/83-gp.gif

Samhain
02-07-04, 06:03
And killing people randomly in different types of places, like streets, deserts and bunkers is a big part of your human experience...?

They're a part of the human experience of you ever pay attention to the news, or depending on where you live, the real world outside your doorstep.

seraphian
02-07-04, 08:00

I don't do that in game either, I only kill people that attack me and those I care about/work with.

And you're damn right in RL if some guy pulled a pistol on me I'd shoot without hesitation, if I also had a gun. (I've taken self-defense tactical training with my Glock, so trust me on that)
And if anyone killed someone in my family (clan) if the law was what it is in NC (I wouldn't go to jail for life for popping the asshole) God help them because I can have a sadistic imagination.

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 08:03
I don't do that in game either, I only kill people that attack me and those I care about/work with.

And you're damn right in RL if some guy pulled a pistol on me I'd shoot without hesitation, if I also had a gun. (I've taken self-defense tactical training with my Glock, so trust me on that)
And if anyone killed someone in my family (clan) if the law was what it is in NC (I wouldn't go to jail for life for popping the asshole) God help them because I can have a sadistic imagination.

Lol, you've taken a self-defence tactical training? Congrats.. Now you might be able to point a gun
You ain't gonna pull the trigger tho, trust me on that, takes more than just words..

Anyways, you don't have to shit, eat, drink or rest, so why would you have sex..?

seraphian
02-07-04, 08:17
I know it takes more than just the knowladge of how to actually pull the trigger, the theory is that if you condition yourself enough you can focus on the technical aspects and 'abstract' the rest, like the fact that you're about give someone terminal lead poisoning. Plus, the fact that your assailant is suddenly looking down the barrel of a gun that may well be bigger than his (never went for 9mm, I prefer 10s and .45s, even though they beat up my wrists), tends to put some doubt into them

Also: I eat in neocron... I go to the restaurants and sit at a table and hang out, and if they put bathrooms in NC I might take a piss too. The thing is, reality in a fictional context isn't about the daily details. The time you spend playing your character is like a movie, focusing only on the interesting bits, skipping the boring, mundane parts. You remember the first time you ever ate a hotdog, no, that's a mundane detail (unless there's an emotional significance there), but do you remeber your first love, yes. The first girl/guy you slept with? Yes, because those are important details.

I don't care about my character's mundane lives much, I mean I know a bit about them, but it's not important. But things that affect their motivation, their personality... things like love and hate and sex and combat (which aren't all to far apart really) those are important.

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 08:27
Also: I eat in neocron... I go to the restaurants and sit at a table and hang out, and if they put bathrooms in NC I might take a piss too. The thing is, reality in a fictional context isn't about the daily details. The time you spend playing your character is like a movie, focusing only on the interesting bits, skipping the boring, mundane parts. You remember the first time you ever ate a hotdog, no, that's a mundane detail (unless there's an emotional significance there), but do you remeber your first love, yes. The first girl/guy you slept with? Yes, because those are important details.

Hmm... My first hotdog I ate at the age of 5, was December... 14th I think, Friday. 1989 should be the year, just outside the mall in the very small city I was born in and my mother took me to the city since she couldn't just leave me at home and we was just about done as she simply asked me if I wanted one when we got out of there.

Want closer details on that?

Tho I'm quite unsure about who my first love really was...
But hey, I do remember the first guy/girl I slept with.

phunqe
02-07-04, 08:58
But I was really hopin Moscow could show me the errors of my way and make me a man :( :( :( :( :angel:

I think you got the general context of it in your sig lexxuk :p :p

seraphian
02-07-04, 09:15
lol slade, I'm beginning to see how you got the 'sarcastic' tag.

That was just an example (apparently not a good one in your case)... what I was alluding too was the fact that eating, peeing, taking a shower, ect. are things that are pretty much standard... you don't need to roleplay them much because they don't usually have LARGE impacts on your virtual life.

Sometimes they do. In Sera's backstory, she was killing rats in the sewers and stealing from mutant cooking pots (after killing the mutants) to eat after her parents threw her out for finding a B-1 rifle and TG propaganda under her bed (the condoms and cigaretts didn't bother them nearly as much) so yeah, I roleplayed eating, because it was something that impacted her life, personality and other things. Having to eat was what made her first learn to kill... even mutants, which she considers mostly human.

What I meant was you don't need to roleplay all the mundane details. If you want to assume you have a regular BF/GF for your character that's not a player, just some unnamed unseen NPC and that you get some regularly, then go right ahead, no more RP nessisary. Hell, few people even think through their characters relationships that far, so you'd be one of the more in-depth RPers on some of the servers.
But some of us masochistic types like to force the full complexity of human relations onto our characters...

sanityislost
02-07-04, 09:37
Well i dont bounce every lil runner i see, tho the lil goth pe's are rawr lol
shame there isnt more of em :( think my alt is the only one on pluto, and it
would seem kinda odd if she sex'd herself all day long in plaza 2 lol

SiL ..:..

YoDa-UK
02-07-04, 11:15
Hmm intersting thought i just had, how do people RP a char who has a romance with another char, i ask this coz i honestly can't see how a person behind the char doesn't get some kick out of it.

When i play the game, my char is part of me, i talk and act like i would whatever i do, i get pissed off with something, i vent it out through my char, either by actions or talking.

Now the same goes with anything romance, i just don't see how someone can try and play a char falling in love with another, its a bit wierd if you ask me, to many problems obviously in the persona RL to have to find something in a vitrual world.

I think those that go down this road maybe go a little to far, unless of course they are married or boyfriend/girlfriend in RL and both play the game, thats different.

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 11:29
Hmm intersting thought i just had, how do people RP a char who has a romance with another char, i ask this coz i honestly can't see how a person behind the char doesn't get some kick out of it.

When i play the game, my char is part of me, i talk and act like i would whatever i do, i get pissed off with something, i vent it out through my char, either by actions or talking.

Now the same goes with anything romance, i just don't see how someone can try and play a char falling in love with another, its a bit wierd if you ask me, to many problems obviously in the persona RL to have to find something in a vitrual world.

I think those that go down this road maybe go a little to far, unless of course they are married or boyfriend/girlfriend in RL and both play the game, thats different.

Mostly cuz people get their kicks outta being someone else.
Myself I'm calm and simpleminded IRL.
In-game on the right char you wouldn't like the megalomaniac bastard who's always out for getting more of everything and doesn't give a flying crap about anyone, not even his friends.
Quite a jump, but it's not the char in itself that gives me the kick, it's the fact that I get to test my skills in not being me that's the goodies

YoDa-UK
02-07-04, 11:37
Yes but by being something you are not in RL, this only says to me that its inside you and the game allows it to come out without problems in RL, everything about our chars says something about who we are in RL, thats my view on it.

So like you said, your simple minded and such in RL, but in game your far from it, its a alter ego type of thing, of which i can understand, and even to the point where someone maybe really shy in RL and not have the guts todo something, but in a game or even the internet for that matter they have a certain sense of security and hide behind their screens. Problems happen when it goes to far and peoples feelings come into play, which they always do one way or another.

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 11:45
Yes but by being something you are not in RL, this only says to me that its inside you and the game allows it to come out without problems in RL, everything about our chars says something about who we are in RL, thats my view on it.

So like you said, your simple minded and such in RL, but in game your far from it, its a alter ego type of thing, of which i can understand, and even to the point where someone maybe really shy in RL and not have the guts todo something, but in a game or even the internet for that matter they have a certain sense of security and hide behind their screens. Problems happen when it goes to far and peoples feelings come into play, which they always do one way or another.

I never do chars myself for this very reason.
Have friends make chars for me and follow that lead,
so don't even try me on that one ;)

YoDa-UK
02-07-04, 11:47
Ah i can see how that works, that create the image and you follow it and play that style, that could work i guess. But like i said, my char is part of me, my personality comes out through it.

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 11:52
Ah i can see how that works, that create the image and you follow it and play that style, that could work i guess. But like i said, my char is part of me, my personality comes out through it.

I hear you I hear you
Just sounded like you kinda assumed this about others too
My mistake and I'm sorry if this was totally wrong

formori
02-07-04, 12:02
there is allway s a part of you in any character in any game. but you also can act diffently. in this game, lukas mark is a curious, confindent, polite reporter, allways looking for the right story. in a DnD game im playing my character is a strict egostistical cleric of torm, hes very goodie goodie. in a LARP gam i play im playing a mad oriental mage whos magic is very grey (cos its blood necromancy). all of these characters are qurky, i like palying qurky characters.
also as for love and sex in RP games, there has been more love and less sex as me and my friends have matured in the games
me at 15, OMFG i s3xxor that ba4rma1d
to
me at 27, ok i buy that elvan maid a drink and sti next to her and start talking about how good it is to see another elf.

see the diffrence. its possable to have people playing diffent sexes and having relationships. a friend of mine once had a female character in UO and got married in character. both sides knew about it and it was just RP. then again in the same UO game a friend had a female character and didnt tell anyone that he was a bloke and had someone wanting to meet them in real life and got very attached, untill he told them to piss off.
some people have diffuculty between RL and RPing.
i guess it would be a case by case situation.

also i think we should have to wear cloaths as items so i can run around plaza 2 nakid trying to hump the copbots.

Siygess
02-07-04, 12:07
Thing is, we're talking about two different kinds of play styles here.

This is play style one, enjoyed by (IMHO) 55% of the community. When you're in the game, you're you. There is little or no seperation between your characters reasoning / actions and you own. Someone disrespects you in game, they are disrespecting you personally and conversely, you take outside issues and you bring them in game (like being pissed off, in your example). There's nothing wrong with this style of game, it's just not roleplaying (no more than playing any videogame is "roleplaying")

Play style two makes up about 35% (IMHO) of the community, and these people are what I would call "roleplayers". They draw a line between in game and out of game, and this allows them to play their character that, to a greater or lesser extent, acts differently to themselves. Within this playstyle you will find different levels of roleplaying.. some people just talk in character every now and again, other people take it seriously and roleplay 24/7 - but the important difference remains - they make the distinction between their persona in the game and their persona out of game.

Well perhaps there is some truth in your suggestion - a good roleplayer is really no different to an actor in a film, able to portray a personality that is not their own. Sure, to be able to play such a role, the actor must have some understanding of the personality they are trying to emulate - but thats just a little thing I like to call Empathy.

So, to paraphrase Leo from Lethal Weapon 3 - "Playstyle 2 is not better than not Playstyle 1, just different."

EDIT: Damn the conversation's moved on already. I really need to learn to type faster :D

formori
02-07-04, 12:54
also RPing is a very personal thing too. you get very attached to your character and want him/her to do well. so when you get killed its not very nice. but you accept it, if its done in RP, but if someone just kills you for no reason because they could and there is no rping involved then its bad.
in this sence love and rping is sort of the same, if your character falls inlove with someone and the other person inst rping and fall for you, then it gets all nasty and horrable. there are some people who will rp a relationship and some who will live it.
its possable, just make sure both sides knows its only rp

BramTops
02-07-04, 13:04
I play a female PE the blonde one she looks sexy I'm a bloke and I do have a laugh when people are doing the sex emote at me. But It gets pretty sick if they keep doing it
I dont get why male's take on female characters in any game.... but ok, I had to try it too ;).

Got my fresh new female PE to some event at MB and within 10 minutes some other dude "came on to me".. i played along... funny as hell...! :D

Then this other friend of mine (also female PE (HC though)) came along and we pretended that we were sisters. Now my "sis" gets her tank and we ask this dude if he want to go "on a ride" with us.. now it's getting hillarious.. we all in the tank.. me and this dude were all making obscene sounds and stuff while "my sis" who's driving the tank says stuff like "hang on back there and let me park this thing someplace so i can join"...

Well... this guy now really went nuts (i'll spare you the details) and after it was all over he asked us if we did this often? We like: "yeah, and now we want our 10.000 nc!!!". The guy got the price down to 7.500 nc but by that time me and friend were really ROFLMAO-ing...

Best role-playing I've ever done in NC O_o

SilentEye
02-07-04, 13:09
Usually I always first make sure the person I roleplay with is female, pretty much gives me a more secure feeling.

I love roleplaying with romance, I used to do it a lot in Anarchy Online and not really in Neocron.

In Anarchy Online there was one bar FULL of people just roleplaying, all groups of friends were sitting at their own tables and there was one roleplaying 'guild' which was officially assigned to be the owner of the bar, they had waitresses and a manager, a website and lots of fun.

[EDIT: Note that even your enemies where there but you'd continue roleplaying anyway]

I once made a female character and went to be a waistress, and I made 500K on one evening, and trust me when I say that that is very quickly earned that way!

Of course most people had their different characters just to roleplay, and because armor was visible you also had social and party clothes which added a huge amount of roleplayness to the game.

My main character, was a very nice guy, he was in a roleplay guild which had a secret compound somewhere and we traded in weapons, armor and drugs, illigally, and of course that was all fake.

Sometimes I just was sitting with my friend and he said "I'll be right back, I got some dudes who need help outside." And then he went outside to roleplay a deal and came back inside with a fake 5M or something.

Then of course there's the romance part which this thread is about, sometimes you went to hook up with female and brought them to your apartment, and you went to sit on eachothers lab and uses certain emotes to have sex with eachother, trust me when I say it is in no way pervertish or anything, it's just fun!

Well, that covers my experiences with roleplaying really and what I think of it!
Me wubs roleplaying!

Silent

YoDa-UK
02-07-04, 13:12
its possable, just make sure both sides knows its only rp

There in is the problem, you don't know its RP or if the other person is taking it to seriously, where is the line drawn, problem with the internet and the games on it is people have the ability to hide away, their feelings are not really out there, they got a false sense of security with it, but then you do get those who take it for real and things get a whole lot different, and messy.

Play style two makes up about 35% (IMHO) of the community, and these people are what I would call "roleplayers".

To Roleplay, is to play a role of one other than you are normally, yet this role is something that you would be if given a chance, hence why people roleplay, normally in a harmless situation and without problems. People will choose a type of style and go with it, would you pick a role you might not like, say like a TG runner who is a bit mad and wants to kill people, if its not you inside then I highly doubt you would, Katherine you enjoy the police type roll, you have always been CA haven't you? so im guessing you enjoy that in RL to a certain degree, not knowing you in RL i can only guess.

What im trying to get at here is people may well RP something other than themselves in the game they play, but ultimately the way they play is an extension of themselves in one way or another, hence why those who are not as stable tend to go overboard and take it to seriously, and those with a lvl head on their shoulders know when to stop the RP'ing.

Like i said, I don't really RP in a big way, my char is me, i do have a evil side to me but its rare it comes out, on pluto i played the good guy, in TT and defender of the city of Neocron, on saturn my role slightly changed to allow me a little freedom to see what it was like to be against the city, I didn't enjoy the TG side of it and have tried other factions, so im trying to find something that i can link to, something i can say yes thats something i can relate to.

Funny thing is from this, is when someone may well be RP'ing in my face, i tend to take it seriously and will reply in such a fasion, i treat people how they treat me and with my char its no different, so someone plays a punk and comes up to me with all mouth, i treat him like i would in RL.

SilentEye
02-07-04, 13:15
There in is the problem, you don't know its RP or if the other person is taking it to seriously, where is the line drawn, problem with the internet and the games on it is people have the ability to hide away, their feelings are not really out there, they got a false sense of security with it, but then you do get those who take it for real and things get a whole lot different, and messy.

To Roleplay, is to play a role of one other than you are normally, yet this role is something that you would be if given a chance, hence why people roleplay, normally in a harmless situation and without problems. People will choose a type of style and go with it, would you pick a role you might not like, say like a TG runner who is a bit mad and wants to kill people, if its not you inside then I highly doubt you would, Katherine you enjoy the police type roll, you have always been CA haven't you? so im guessing you enjoy that in RL to a certain degree, not knowing you in RL i can only guess.

What im trying to get at here is people may well RP something other than themselves in the game they play, but ultimately the way they play is an extension of themselves in one way or another, hence why those who are not as stable tend to go overboard and take it to seriously, and those with a lvl head on their shoulders know when to stop the RP'ing.

Like i said, I don't really RP in a big way, my char is me, i do have a evil side to me but its rare it comes out, on pluto i played the good guy, in TT and defender of the city of Neocron, on saturn my role slightly changed to allow me a little freedom to see what it was like to be against the city, I didn't enjoy the TG side of it and have tried other factions, so im trying to find something that i can link to, something i can say yes thats something i can relate to.

Funny thing is from this, is when someone may well be RP'ing in my face, i tend to take it seriously and will reply in such a fasion, i treat people how they treat me and with my char its no different, so someone plays a punk and comes up to me with all mouth, i treat him like i would in RL.

Silenteye nods.

It's exactly the same with web comics, most web comic artist include them selfs in the comic, and they draw them selfs the way they prefer to be, and make them act the way they would like to be :)

Silent

formori
02-07-04, 13:17
clasic.

a female (well in model anyway, which is good enough for me) came on to me, and started to... well get friendly behind the copbot in plaza 1. then she went all strange and ran off. i never saw her again *sniff*
i was just waiting for the "put that weapon away" from the copbot

SilentEye
02-07-04, 13:28
Ignore him, he babbles... :wtf:

Siygess
02-07-04, 13:30
People will choose a type of style and go with it, would you pick a role you might not like, say like a TG runner who is a bit mad and wants to kill people, if its not you inside then I highly doubt you would, Katherine you enjoy the police type roll, you have always been CA haven't you? so im guessing you enjoy that in RL to a certain degree, not knowing you in RL i can only guess.

Although its true that I enjoy the "cop" role and that my main has always been in CA, most people dont realise that I also have an alt in an anti-city faction and I roleplay that character accordingly. I do it because, like a lot of roleplayers, I enjoy the challenge of the roleplaying itself. I wont bore you with the details, but I've roleplayed all kinds of characters from little goody two-shoes (aka Kat ;)) to some bad, bad people and just everything in between. For the sake of my sanity, I hope you're wrong, otherwise I've got a serious case of Schizophrenia ;)

Funny thing is from this, is when someone may well be RP'ing in my face, i tend to take it seriously and will reply in such a fasion

Good for you - I do the same. As it happens, I consider this an important part of roleplaying online, but maybe thats just me ;)

Lexxuk
02-07-04, 13:42
i've read all this, but still there is no info on how to score nekkid cyber-sex0r and still look good, this threads a rippoff, i want my money back :mad:

sanityislost
02-07-04, 13:47
i've read all this, but still there is no info on how to score nekkid cyber-sex0r and still look good, this threads a rippoff, i want my money back :mad:

lolol, you have a very large guinea pig....you dont need tips :p

Lexxuk
02-07-04, 14:12
lolol, you have a very large guinea pig....you dont need tips :p

True that, and makes for some amazing chat up lines like..

"hey baby, wanna come my place and see my enlarged guinea pig?"

Or

"hey honey, whats 9 inches long and furry? Come my place and I'll show you"

hehehe :angel: :angel:

Moscow
02-07-04, 14:27
After a big sleep, I'm ready to post. Narf.

Personally, I have NOTHING against romance in Roleplay. Be it, male/male, female/female or whatever (Be it the player OR character gender). As Siygess said earlier; as long as both people are mature enough to deal with the romance itself and what it entails (Sex, jealousy, duvet hogging...etc, etc) then there's no problem there.

Of course, when things become personal on an Out Of Game/Out Of Character level, something has gone seriously wrong.

It's that sort of thing I don't condone. If you get too emotionally attached through the medium of Roleplay, then you need to take a step back and re-think just what it is you're doing.....of course, I say this with more than a little bit of hypocracy (Having gotten pretty "fond" of a certain character from Soul Calibur....), but the point still stands regardless.

To elaborate on hot, HOT sex:

I fail to see what's so wrong with two consenting adults Roleplaying out sexual relations. People seem to get off on killing other players, taking their items, their kills...etc, etc, so what's so bad about two people "pretending" to have sex? At least when it's done over the 'Net no-one's getting pregnant by accident or picking up an STD....

I've experienced this sort of thing first-hand (Indeed, one of my Neocron characters is a whore and in EVE I have a pretty strong inter-racial relationship going with another character. Couple these with the Human/Half-Orc relations I've got going in DnD, and it all amounts to someone with a lot of experience. :D), so I consider myself knowledgable enough to know what I'm talking about. :p

Finally, why is there such an issue with men playing female characters? Unless you also got your pants in a twist over women playing male characters, why do you pass judgement on the person(s) involved when the genders are switched? Genuine question.

Divide:
I have about a dozen or so different signatures and avatars. Heheh. If I knew how, I'd probably set them all on some sort of cycle so a different one shows whenever the page is refreshed.

I can but dream.

Peace.

-Moscow

Lexxuk
02-07-04, 14:51
so to get hot nekkid cyber-sex0r and still look good, i got to play Eve? :confused:

SilentEye
02-07-04, 14:56
Are we sure Lexxuk should be president? sigh

Lexxuk
02-07-04, 15:00
Are we sure Lexxuk should be president? sigh

Of course I should be, I'd make it so that everyone has to own a guinea pig for starters, then I'd put 150% tax on the guinea pig enlargers :D I'd make a rich country dont you know :D

SilentEye
02-07-04, 15:02
Yeaaaaahhh O_o

:o 'Kay back on topic... You won't in anyway look bad by wanting to score a nekkid cyber-sex0r, just don't use those words and be your character.

Lexxuk
02-07-04, 15:26
:o 'Kay back on topic... You won't in anyway look bad by wanting to score a nekkid cyber-sex0r, just don't use those words and be your character.

Can i use the words "nice shoes, wanna hot nekkid cyber-sex0r?"

SilentEye
02-07-04, 15:30
No, try to be gentle, you, you silly president!

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 15:32
Yeah, smoooooth
Like "Nice sneakers? Adidas? Great, how about humping?"

Shadow Dancer
02-07-04, 18:05

I totally agree Yoda.

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif

Btw Moscow, I also liked your previous sig better. Although this one is good too.

seraphian
02-07-04, 20:06
Finally, why is there such an issue with men playing female characters? Unless you also got your pants in a twist over women playing male characters, why do you pass judgement on the person(s) involved when the genders are switched? Genuine question.

Reminds me of a quote from Madonna's "what it's like for a girl":

Girls can cut their hair short, dress like a boy. But for a boy to dress like a girl: that's degrading.

Our society sets a real double standard for the genders. I can dress like a boy or a girl, but a boy could never dress like me.

Clive tombstone
02-07-04, 20:15
Thats true, and all though I dont really enjoy the sight of males dressing like females (honestly I think I get somewhat baffled on there mind-set, thats there choice not mine, and it has no effect on myself directly so I have no beef against them)

But seraph and the rest are all Right, double standards suck, but as humans, there will always BE double standards, untill we evolve into psi monks- then everything will be cool (levitates a coke can from the fridge)

(Coke can explodes) well I still need practice^^

oh and to the romance thingy? i dunno, personally The real thing is better than cyber in my opinion, but its just that, MY opinion.

I like this thread, I wanna hear some more views, this is making my job a little less boring reading this^^

seraphian
02-07-04, 20:29
An in-character question here...

Genetanks are genetic constructs, built for war only... do you think the monks even gave then the... *ahem* fun bits of human anatomy?

What's the point of putting reproductive organs on a sterile war machine?
then again if they were conditioned to develop inter-troop romance/love/lust it could be a great motivator, like the Spartan Greeks, they were famous for encouraging soldiers to fall in love with each other. You'd fight harder for your unit then...

What about monks? They are highly evolved and big into genetech... you think they even bother? Have they gone "brave new world" where sex is used for fun, but never reproduction? If so, what's the state of birth control in NC? Do 'accidents' ever happen? Could be a great roleplaying clan thing, and a good way to introduce your new account.

If you're roleplaying a relationship, some of these could come into play. What about cross-genotype? are they close enough to interbreed? (Maybe that's where PEs come from? Mommy was a genetank and daddy was a monk, I doubt it would be the other way around because a Tank would split the poor monk in half...)

Koshinn
02-07-04, 20:43
What about monks? They are highly evolved and big into genetech... you think they even bother? Have they gone "brave new world" where sex is used for fun, but never reproduction? If so, what's the state of birth control in NC? Do 'accidents' ever happen? Could be a great roleplaying clan thing, and a good way to introduce your new account.

Monks had to naturally reproduce before they were found by um.. Crahn I think? So I doubt they'd change themselves in that way.

If you're roleplaying a relationship, some of these could come into play. What about cross-genotype? are they close enough to interbreed? (Maybe that's where PEs come from? Mommy was a genetank and daddy was a monk, I doubt it would be the other way around because a Tank would split the poor monk in half...)
Aren't PEs just normal humans, like not spies, not tanks and not monks. The kind that were around before monks were found. Spies are normal humans too, but they're geeks.

Maloch Octavia
02-07-04, 20:55
Been there, done that, is great fun and a great laugh.

More so because I knew she was a girl, because we're in love with each other in Real Life.

Oh, well, it was great until stupid little wankers kept running up to her and screaming ******** as they sex emote.
Reakktor never did reply to my request for GM action on that one.
She quit shortly after, because when someone has been ********** in reality, it's not fun having it happen in Cyberworld too, even if it is only words.

Shadow Dancer
02-07-04, 21:07
Ouch Maloch. I'm sorry to hear that. :(