PDA

View Full Version : Is MC5 well planned?

RayBob
02-07-04, 01:44
If you log on with only 1-2 hours to play and decide you want to go hunt some WBs, would you enjoy being told..."Sorry, the WBs are busy. Get in line."? Of course not. Luckily, WBs reside in many different zones.

Having to camp one single spot for such a desirable item is not my idea of fun. The character I am using at MC5 is LE’d so this is not at all about being killed or any such problems. It is simply impossible to find the place available. Can you imagine when DoY is released and we have 5 times as many people (being optimistic) fighting for their turn at that one spot?

Something needs to be done.

They could have Y-reps drop parts. The other 2 buildings in the zone could get a base commander.

Or (my favorite)….they could allow the unique bosses that already exist drop them (randomly, not predetermined the way the commander does now). These unique bosses exist in a dozen different locations and it would eliminate the entire camping problem. The unique bosses I refer to are the 120/120 ones at the end of the dungeons: Crystal caves, Swamp caves, Chaos caves, Bat cave, Graves, Point Red cellars, etc. I also they think these bosses should all be toughened up.

MisterP
02-07-04, 01:47
Not a bad idea at all Ray

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 01:50
I think it would be quite interesting to see clans fighting over it BUT of course that just means the strong get stronger :/

Base commander means in control of the entire base so it wouldnt make sense to have 3-4 in a RP sense.

Having multiple mc5 locations might be a fix? Also having boss mobs drop them also leads to campage, so thats not a fix either.

tomparadox
02-07-04, 01:58
hm...yes, i can see MC5 would be camped alot, but i have no clue how you could fix it, atm MC5s are rare, if you stick in more mobs in MC5, they will lose that rareness, if you make more than one MC5, they will lose there rareness...

Scikar
02-07-04, 01:59
I think it would be quite interesting to see clans fighting over it BUT of course that just means the strong get stronger :/

Base commander means in control of the entire base so it wouldnt make sense to have 3-4 in a RP sense.

Having multiple mc5 locations might be a fix? Also having boss mobs drop them also leads to campage, so thats not a fix either.
And MC5 isn't camped already? Just say the other commanders are in charge of different sections of the base. Sorted.

Biznatchy
02-07-04, 02:07
hm...yes, i can see MC5 would be camped alot, but i have no clue how you could fix it, atm MC5s are rare, if you stick in more mobs in MC5, they will lose that rareness, if you make more than one MC5, they will lose there rareness...

First let me respond the the title "Is MC5 well planned?". Is anything in Neocron well "planned". The game is haphazard tossed in with little to no planning on the whole concept of the game. Ive gotten used to it. The best example is resist psi, what a joke.

To Tom's replay to the post about them being rare. Who gives a fuck except for the people that play the game just make a few extra bucks selling them on ebay. I hate the whole idea of rare items in games. Everquest was the worst pile of crap and it set the example of short attention span nolifers will play and pay for this crap. Are you saying that you want neocron to be evenmore like everquest.

Tratos
02-07-04, 02:10
Sorry for having to do this :( but i need to bring in SWG for a little while.

They should have instantaneous MC5 meaning somone enters MC5 THERE MC5 is created, then when another team enters they are also in MC5 but alone :eek: so it generates MC5s for the teams that go in

or somthing like that would be good in my eyes

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 02:13
There is always trade or brute force, Mc5 is NEVER - EVER - camped 24/7 on saturn - 99% of the time its dead.

tomparadox
02-07-04, 02:19
To Tom's replay to the post about them being rare. Who gives a fuck except for the people that play the game just make a few extra bucks selling them on ebay. I hate the whole idea of rare items in games. Everquest was the worst pile of crap and it set the example of short attention span nolifers will play and pay for this crap. Are you saying that you want neocron to be evenmore like everquest.

Dude, lets get something strait, i dont fucking play EQ, and i will never play EQ. So, with that said, i have no fucking clue what your relating what i said to.

Take away the rares, what will we have left? PVP and lvling? lvling is boring, pvp can get old after a while of doing it.

No, but seriosly, make 2 MC5s, it wouldent make them that much unrarer...

Biznatchy
02-07-04, 02:20
There is always trade or brute force, Mc5 is NEVER - EVER - camped 24/7 on saturn - 99% of the time its dead.

It seems most of the time I go to MC5 there are people there or after two runs people show up. This is on saturn. I think in the last 4 trips to mc5 we had to leave to let others in before 3 or 4 runs.

I think its camped alot more then you think.

RayBob
02-07-04, 02:22
To Tom's replay to the post about them being rare. Who gives a fuck except for the people that play the game just make a few extra bucks selling them on ebay. I hate the whole idea of rare items in games.Someone that understands. :cool:

TheonlyoneIknow
02-07-04, 02:47
Sorry for having to do this :( but i need to bring in SWG for a little while.

They should have instantaneous MC5 meaning somone enters MC5 THERE MC5 is created, then when another team enters they are also in MC5 but alone :eek: so it generates MC5s for the teams that go in

or somthing like that would be good in my eyes

Very good idea.

SWG is introducing more "instanced" dungeons after the success of the Corvellian Corvette mission. For those that don't know about these instanced dungeons, the Corvette is only accesible after having completed several "mini" quests to obtain your "ticket". Once you have your ticket, you can take along up to 10, (I think), other people with you in your "team". Once your team is assembled, you all "board" the Corvette and proceed with this VERY hard mission, (The SBD's - Super Battle Droids make 120/120*** mobs look like sewer rats!!!). But anyway, once you enter, this dungeon is exclusively yours. There is a time limit to the mission as well, so perhaps KK could expand the base, and put the commander in a new location on each "run" and then not only would you have to find him, but make him REALLY durable to attacks, so you might not even kill him before the time runs out, before being dumped outside and then have to get a new mission ticket!

LiL T
02-07-04, 03:34
I feel I will never get any MC5 chips thats how bad it is :(

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 04:40
I feel I will never get any MC5 chips thats how bad it is :(

As a pistol PE yes, u never will :lol: ;)

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 04:45
As a pistol PE yes, u never will :lol: ;)

You managed to get your droning buttocks in there and chop your way to any parts?
Friendly question so don't bite...

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 04:59
You managed to get your droning buttocks in there and chop your way to any parts?
Friendly question so don't bite...

I do have 3 other fully capped characters

one of which is a barreling APU.

And my riggers dream I bought, 4 parts were given me, the other 2 I bought for 50k when Riggers Dreams were brand new, and no one had a droner :)

Richard Slade
02-07-04, 05:02
I do have 3 other fully capped characters

one of which is a barreling APU.

And my riggers dream I bought, 4 parts were given me, the other 2 I bought for 50k when Riggers Dreams were brand new, and no one had a droner :)

Now that wasn't really the question you know :p

JackScratch
02-07-04, 05:10
Most of the 120/120 bosses are way to easy.

Biznatchy
02-07-04, 05:12
Now that wasn't really the question you know :p

I took my droner into mc5 solo one day just to try it. Good news is I lived, bad news is i lost 5 punisher drones 4 PN drones, 3 raptor drones. It was really a good time. Didnt even get to much of scratch on the guards. It was pretty futile maybe I need to work on where i put the drone.

any help on getting drones in mc5 to be usefull would be good.

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 05:13
Most of the 120/120 bosses are way to easy.

Agree'd- Mc5 is only "semi-hard" due to the gaurd quantity, not there damage as single mobs.

Hell, my tank can take on two cop bots firing at him with holy shelter on!

*waves at blade*

{MD}GeistDamnit
02-07-04, 08:02
why is it that people get behind sutch idea's?

I said long ago that MC5 should be a chaos caves type run through and people laughed or said they liked it as it is :/

In my opinion MC5 should be an instanced Duengon where you have to fight 20 copbot type guards to reach a 1 all powerfull commander. What the fuck is wrong with that? I mean come on 1 room with 8 copbots in it, and you call that a fair/enjoyable leveling/looting place?

KK are fuckin lazy and ignorent, if this was done in any big game the public would go nuts. 1 fuckin room, come on, mapping with that shit editor they use takes all of 20 minutes to make a bigger more involved place than mc5. So what the fuck is their problem? :mad:

MegaCorp
02-07-04, 08:43
Another ramble from Spook ... [feel free to ignore it]

Not sure what the solution to the problem is. But it seems to boil down to how rare KK wants the MC5 stuff to be. By having it single-sourced, as the parts are now, they can easily control the flow to players simply by tinkering with the drop rate given 24 hour around-the-clock camping as an outer limit basis for calculations. If they were to multi-source the parts it might be too hairy for them work out the details, and hence might get way out of control.

So my guess is they will either (1) leave things as they are to maintain at least some degree of control, or (2) they will give in to player pressure and indeed try to multi-source the parts ... and it'll go wrong and the market will soon be flooded with no-longer-rare MC5 parts ... which then means either a future wipe or KK gives up on having them be extra rare. Yes, i admit it, i am not at all optimistic about how things will go if KK *does* try to revise the delivery mechanism ... because its very very tricky, not because of a lack of skill on their part.

It's a tough problem to solve. Me, I like the idea of neat rare stuff in the game that not everyone has. But on the other hand i also see validity in objections about only selected classes, or only high-powered groups, being able to get those rares. As is, there are lots of people who will never have an MC5 chip, either because they dont have the right character class or dont have the right clan connections or can never build up enough cash, to ever get one. One side of me says "tough luck", but the other side says "not fair, i pay the same monthly fee as everyone else!"

Perhaps having only one source of parts could be made a good thing: a pro-city versus ant-city thing, or maybe a faction versus faction thing ... the one that "holds" the key location gets to farm it for parts - until someone else takes it away from them. Which provides server-wide motivation for PvP to shift ownership around via wars to gain control of that special resource producer. And perhaps it could only change hands once per day. Also, the nature of the place would prevent same faction, or same city-alignment, fights from breaking out, so there would be negotiated sharing amongst the current owners instead of PvP squabbling. [shrug] Just a thought, which may or may not have merit.

Spook @ Pluto