PDA

View Full Version : Put weapon ultimas back in the rare pool

RayBob
02-07-04, 00:48
Allow the ultimas to continue dropping complete in the 3rd level of the DoY tunnels, but put them back in the normal tech pool so that solo hunters can get them as well.

NS_CHROME54
02-07-04, 00:49
amen brotha

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 00:51
definately ALTHOUGH, they are far too comman, makes any 2 slot cs amazing and they were easy to obtain.

RayBob
02-07-04, 00:55
definately ALTHOUGH, they are far too comman, makes any 2 slot cs amazing and they were easy to obtain.I don't care if everyone has an ultimated 2-slot CS. This game is about skill and not who has the better items. There are dozens of MMOs where PvP is almost exclusively about who has the best gear. I don't think anyone wants Neocron to join those ranks.

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 00:59
LOL have you tried pvping against some one of equal skill with a significantly better weapon of the same model?

By having 3 stats of a weapon capped with one mod it means a 3 slot cs can have 2 ammo mods which is a huge advantage in dueling especially if you know your opponant well.

Ultimas should be rare as buggery

Also what your saying is bullshit you only need to look at mc5 cpus.

"i dont care" just makes you sound like an arogant tit

Marx
02-07-04, 01:04
Make them part of the endboss loot pool, I'll be damned if I'm back to researching a bazillion ultima and slotenhancer parts while the dude who brought 'em accuses me of scamming.

dmon99
02-07-04, 01:09
sorry man, i dun wanna flame ya so dont take it that way

this game is alot about the equipment ya have

thats why weapons come out differently when constructed

if it were all about skill it would be UT everyone would be on the same level with everybody else then the skill would show through

neocron is all about the guns thats why folks pay out the ass for shit on trade

take a capped char, take out all his imps and give em a store bought weapon ................then try to say its all about skill

seraphian
02-07-04, 01:09
yeah, The rare pool needs to contain true rares...

If it's easy to get every item in the game and/or it's dropped by lots of mobs, or just thrown in the rare pool it takes a lot of the point out of high-end mob hunting...

IMHO there should be more rares taken from the pool and made accessible other ways (the gloves, ect.) so that there's actually a POINT to doing things other than endless chaos cave runs and warbie safaris.

Anna
02-07-04, 01:11
there are 327 different techparts in the pool atm (if i counted correctly)
mc5 not included
its impossible for a "solo-hunter" to get a complete rare anyway
they can only get it through trading

so whats the prob having to trade for ultimas as well?
keep em dropping as complete pieces, means 25 parts less polluting the pool

retr0n
02-07-04, 01:19
there are 327 different techparts in the pool atm (if i counted correctly)
mc5 not included
its impossible for a "solo-hunter" to get a complete rare anyway
they can only get it through trading

so whats the prob having to trade for ultimas as well?
keep em dropping as complete pieces, means 25 parts less polluting the pool

Sure, the pool is polluted enough as it is, but atleast it will allow players to
trade for the parts instead of big clans farming the tunnels and keeping all
the items for themselves or giving to close friends.

I was a big supporter of "Clear the rare-pool" but not this way. This way you
are forced to team with people to get an item and there are not always
enough people online for that.

cRazy2003
02-07-04, 01:21
i think they should be rare as possible, if u could call them that..

RayBob
02-07-04, 01:22
LOL have you tried pvping against some one of equal skill with a significantly better weapon of the same model?
By having 3 stats of a weapon capped with one mod it means a 3 slot cs can have 2 ammo mods which is a huge advantage in dueling especially if you know your opponant well.Exactly my point. I don't think it should be about who has the better weapon.

Ultimas should be rare as buggeryI disagree. More and more MMOs are realizing that they have to attract and keep the casual gamer as well as the hardcore gamer if they want to succeed. Do some research on this. Many of the top developers of upcoming MMOs are opting to reward hardcore players with benefits that are desirable but do not give them competitive superiority.

"i dont care" just makes you sound like an arogant titNo need to get personal. We are sharing our opinions.

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 01:29
Exactly my point. I don't think it should be about who has the better weapon.

I disagree. More and more MMOs are realizing that they have to attract and keep the casual gamer as well as the hardcore gamer if they want to succeed. Do some research on this. Many of the top developers of upcoming MMOs are opting to reward hardcore players with benefits that are desirable but do not give them competitive superiority.

No need to get personal. We are sharing our opinions.

-But by having an ultimated weapon it is useually vastly superior especially in the case of non rare weapons.

-MC5 CPU's and Ultimas give a competitive edge that is undenyable.

-Yeah sorry about that I just got anoyyied as I was reading over your article, and read that statement.

RayBob
02-07-04, 01:37
Make them part of the endboss loot poolI like that idea.

...this game is alot about the equipment ya have..Not sure which game you are playing, but Neocron is NOT a lot about the equipment you have. Almost every single mature tank has the same equipment and yet you know perfectly well that some are better than others. Neocron is a lot about skill.

…if it were all about skill it would be UT everyone would be on the same level with everybody else then the skill would show through…You shouldn’t look at it as black and white. Obviously, Neocron requires a commitment of anywhere from several weeks to several months to get a character ready for PvP. It also takes time to hunt, trade, and build your weapons. This game is a blend of RPG and FPS. Simply because items are made a little easier to aquire does not diminish from the quality of the RPG but it does help make the FPS side of the game more balanced. An RPG can have a great deal of depth without making items the emphasis.

RayBob
02-07-04, 01:40
Sure, the pool is polluted enough as it is, but atleast it will allow players to trade for the parts instead of big clans farming the tunnels and keeping all the items for themselves or giving to close friends.

I was a big supporter of "Clear the rare-pool" but not this way. This way you are forced to team with people to get an item and there are not always enough people online for that.Exactly. Exactly. Exactly.

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 01:43
i agree retr0n, i belive they SHOULD be re-introduced into the loot table BUT as a very rare peice of kit.

tomparadox
02-07-04, 01:55
Not sure which game you are playing, but Neocron is NOT a lot about the equipment you have. Almost every single mature tank has the same equipment and yet you know perfectly well that some are better than others. Neocron is a lot about skill.
i agree with your idea 100%..

But were the hell do you get off thinking the game was not about equipment?

This game is about both. IE, a tank with a 5 sloted artifact CS, will do more damage than a 2 sloted CS. a 5 sloted HL will cast faster than a perfect 2 sloted HL...

So im actuly wondering if your geting your comment confused, cus i wanna know what game/version of NC you are playing?

Shadow Dancer
02-07-04, 02:21
Well tom that isn't always true. If you get 120% damage on a 1 slot CS, then a 5 slot cs won't do anymore damage. Same with rof. Same with HL.

tomparadox
02-07-04, 02:23
Well tom that isn't always true. If you get 120% damage on a 1 slot CS, then a 5 slot cs won't do anymore damage. Same with rof. Same with HL.
true, but my point is, a beter weapon will do more damage. slots dosent mater, but the more slots you have the beter you can make the weapon, although iv had 1 or 2 times were a weapon csted to almost all afrifact...

i meen, if the game were about skill, it would be a lot diferent than it is now, you wouldent see people hunting rares.

Shadow Dancer
02-07-04, 02:28
I agree tom. Ray was exaggerating a little. But I think his main point is that the equipment is easy to get in this game, so it ends up as mostly skill anyways. I do think that equipment is easy to get in this game, except for mc5 chips.

tomparadox
02-07-04, 03:16
I agree tom. Ray was exaggerating a little. But I think his main point is that the equipment is easy to get in this game, so it ends up as mostly skill anyways. I do think that equipment is easy to get in this game, except for mc5 chips.
Yes, MC5s are hard to get, but i dont mind that, i and alot of other people used to half to make setups without the use of MC5s, and we still can, so im not out to get one real bad, maby when DoY comes out and theres a lot more to do.

MegaCorp
02-07-04, 08:04
Perhaps i am being naive, or just plain stupid, but i have always felt that a guy's equipment merely gives him an edge in combat. It isn't a major deciding factor. Meaning more often than not a skilled player with mediocre equipment will still usually destroy a less skilled opponent who has top-notch equipment; but that top-notch stuff will help the weaker one win a bit more often than otherwise. And two similarly skilled fighters will find that the one with the best gear probably wins a bit more often than the other. Fine. I dont see a problem with any of that - but then that's because i dont see equipment as being that big a deal - desireable yes, an advantage yes, but not the final word in an outcome. If you think it *is*, then of course you will disagree with me.

Allow the ultimas to continue dropping complete in the 3rd level of the DoY tunnels, but put them back in the normal tech pool so that solo hunters can get them as well.
Sounds good to me.

Spook @ Pluto

sanityislost
02-07-04, 09:19
Well call me insane...but i like the way the mods get dropped now.
If anything we need more really rare shit. like droners could get a pink fluffy
bunny of doom. It hovers 5ft from the ground, shoots twin lasers from its
eyes and can self destruct in random peoples faces. But it cant be bp'd and
can only gotten when you find a strange carrot which u will use to start
a "run" of some sort. In the run you will find out about these bunnies and
who made them. n_n

SiL ..:..

Benjie
02-07-04, 09:30

Not insane.
If this occured in the patch notes I would create a counter thread.

This thread is a terrible idea.

RayBob
02-07-04, 10:34
This thread is a terrible idea.Ultima mods were part of the tech pool for a long time...a year? They were valuable techs, not pollution. They were highly desirable and actively traded. There was no problem. Now...they are much harder to get, the price is going up steadily, and individuals have no hope of getting them without trading. Let teams go get them as complete items in the tunnels if they want and let the solo hunter get them as parts in the normal tech pool. I don't see why this is a problem for anyone, except those that think Neocron should be about uber rare items.

formori
02-07-04, 10:55
If anything we need more really rare shit. like droners could get a pink fluffy
bunny of doom. It hovers 5ft from the ground, shoots twin lasers from its
eyes and can self destruct in random peoples faces. But it cant be bp'd and
can only gotten when you find a strange carrot which u will use to start
a "run" of some sort. In the run you will find out about these bunnies and
who made them. n_n

YES!!!! i want one for me droner :)

also back on topic. i think they should be v rare. leave it as is. also make some non weapon parts only getable by certan creatures. like the DOY bots out in the north of the map, drop rare parts. etc
also the end of level bosses drop rare parts too.

sanityislost
02-07-04, 11:56
Ultima mods were part of the tech pool for a long time...a year? They were valuable techs, not pollution. They were highly desirable and actively traded. There was no problem. Now...they are much harder to get, the price is going up steadily, and individuals have no hope of getting them without trading. Let teams go get them as complete items in the tunnels if they want and let the solo hunter get them as parts in the normal tech pool. I don't see why this is a problem for anyone, except those that think Neocron should be about uber rare items.

[Q]
Well whats stopping all these individuals making a team and getting some of
the ultima mods?

[A]
Nothing, its just the same as mc5. if you want the mods goto the tunnels
with a small group of people and farm, its not that hard to do really. Nobody
plays this game without making some sort of friends so team with them. This
game is changing all the time and with the ultima drop change KK made a
good move by making them harder to get.

Scikar
02-07-04, 12:08
Make them drop whole like level 3 implants, but a little rarer. But don't add them to the tech pool.

ezza
02-07-04, 12:33
Make them drop whole like level 3 implants, but a little rarer. But don't add them to the tech pool.
aye agree with this guy