PDA

View Full Version : Message to KK

Whitestuff
02-07-04, 00:20
Well after having quit 2x and come back, and having gotten several helpful emails back from the neocron helpdesk, I have to say this to KK:

If your DoY expansion does all it says it will, by updating the graphics alone, you will easily have the BEST MMO on the market. I just wanted to let you know how good of a job you guys have done on the atmosphere of the game and the content thus far. All you have to do is sort the bugs (which DoY is supposed to fix) and this game will take off like never before.

Congrats so far KK, I can't wait til september.

whifix
02-07-04, 00:23
I want to know if anyone in the DoY beta gets FRE's, Sync bugs or inventory bugs.

nEo-1664
02-07-04, 00:26
I want to know if anyone in the DoY beta gets FRE's, Sync bugs or inventory bugs.

Lol seriously hope not, or i can see a lot of people will leave the game because of it :(

Iorghe
02-07-04, 00:31
Well after having quit 2x and come back, and having gotten several helpful emails back from the neocron helpdesk, I have to say this to KK:

If your DoY expansion does all it says it will, by updating the graphics alone, you will easily have the BEST MMO on the market. I just wanted to let you know how good of a job you guys have done on the atmosphere of the game and the content thus far. All you have to do is sort the bugs (which DoY is supposed to fix) and this game will take off like never before.

Congrats so far KK, I can't wait til september.

I'll be expexting your next journal chapter on my desk by then

Judge
02-07-04, 00:31
Every game has bugs... and recently I've noticed a huge decrease in the amount of bugs in NC, especially FREs.

ezza
02-07-04, 00:34
Every game has bugs... and recently I've noticed a huge decrease in the amount of bugs in NC, especially FREs.
aye compare to what it was early retail the bugs are hell of a lot less

sure still some but im hoping they will be ironed out as we get teh BDoY

[TgR]HusK
02-07-04, 00:36
bugs will be fixed
bugs will be made

thats the life of a programmer :p (but sure as hell neocron has less bugs and explots than microsofts products :p)

Xaru
02-07-04, 00:43
HusK'] thats the life of a programmer :p (but sure as hell neocron has less bugs and explots than microsofts products :p)

:lol: Well, since NC runs on a Microsoft product, lets just blame them for all the FREs :) I would favour that.

Xaru

[TgR]HusK
02-07-04, 00:46
you actualy might have a point there hehe, directx is surely to blame for some of them bugs ;)
not to mention the programming language tool they use (borland damn youz! :p)

Archeus
02-07-04, 00:48
Droning must be the most buggest thing still left in the game. Please fix that :D

Epsilon 5
02-07-04, 01:48
I'll be expexting your next journal chapter on my desk by then

what?

TheGreatMilenko
02-07-04, 02:37
what?

its a lame joke :p

Whitestuff
02-07-04, 05:28
its a lame joke :p
Um, no. See, when I quit last time I also resigned from writing for the Neochronicle Magazine. So I guess I am to start writing again? I'll have to send a happy little PM of then...

seraphian
02-07-04, 08:23
I may be about to jinx myself, but I haven't had a FRE or BSOD playing Neocron in 3 patches, so I think things are much better.

Then again we all know the programmers Drinking song:

100 bugs in the code, 100 bugs in the code
Take one out compile again, 101 bugs in the code.
101 bugs in the code, 101 bugs in the code
Take one out compile again, 102 bugs in the code....

:lol:

Xylaz
02-07-04, 09:29
Why do i get that strange feeling that everyone except me will be extremely dissapointed when DoY come out?

It wont be a greatest mmorpg in the world. It wont be completely new, tweaked, super-duper enhanced game. It wont be anything new really.
It will be Neocron.

If you like it now, you will like it as well.

so err, just dont expect too much...

Benjie
02-07-04, 09:37
Noeocron doesn't have many really bad bugs; only poor fps for me. Syncronising isn't a bug, it's the loading screen between zones. Sometimes it messes up, but thats quite a rare occurance. It also crashes very infrequently, but overall the crash rate is much better than most mmorpg's.

I don't understand what peoples problems are. Neocron is at least above average for mmorpg stability.

Xylaz
02-07-04, 09:48
Noeocron doesn't have many real bugs; only poor fps for me. Syncronising isn't a bug, it's the loading screen between zones. Sometimes it messes up, but thats quite a rare occurance. It also crashes very infrequently, but overall the crash rate is much better than most mmorpg's.

I don't understand what peoples problems are.

Neocron has many bugs - poor fps arent the greatest problem for me. Synchronising is a bug if it takes more than 20 seconds (which isnt a "rare occurence"). It also crashes *very* frequently (at least once every 10 mins) and the overal crash rate is much worse than most mmorpgs.

I DO understand what peoples problem are

:rolleyes:

Maarten
02-07-04, 09:57
It's your PC... :D

But they said when the engine is going to use DX9 instead of DX7, a lot of bugs would be fixed.

renton
02-07-04, 09:58
personaly i find that the quality of hardware counts a lot when dealing with bugs. we use a lan with 5 gaming pcs all ranging from desk tops to lap tops and u can dramatically see differences between em.

the best machine runs at least 75% less FRE's and rarley Bsod's, sinking in less than 5 seconds on avrage, where as the worst maching preforms like a drunkin drom on heat, not very well at all.

i rember seeing some where that doy will rely on gfx hard ware more than sheer processor grunt, meaning tht yer fancy g force X will free up teh processor a little, hope fully improving performance.

my 2 pence

Tratos
02-07-04, 10:55
:lol: nice subliminal message Benjie :lol:

Well yeah i dont get many crashes, syncs or random use bugs when i play which is odd but it is still a good game with an really cool storyline.