PDA

View Full Version : parashock

Birkoff
01-07-04, 21:17
[ e ]

Yes i have 3 anti shocks in my belt and yes i jsut died to it [ e ] I just got para shocked and b4 that 1 runs ive been hit with like 8 more. FFS do something about it already. U treid for like 5 patches and faield can't you do what u did with the termi admit defeat and remove it or sommin.

Your removed it from pvm already the only viable thing it was fair to be used it.

[ e ]

enigma_b17
01-07-04, 21:20
[ edited ]

Candaman
01-07-04, 21:24
[ edited ]or how about u [ edited ] and keep ur opinion to urself or would that be oppressing ur opinion like ur doing? thought soo [ edited ]

Judge
01-07-04, 21:27
Yeah remove it.

It sucks, and it fucks up the PvP game. Although your reasons are slightly dubious... kinda not well argued the fact remains that you're right.

Birkoff
01-07-04, 21:29
my reasons weren't put across right as I'd jsut been in a like 20 minute OP fight and had been paraed well over 100 times.

I'd jsut died i was pissed but i thinnk you get what i meant pretty well.

Shadow Dancer
01-07-04, 21:31
I know birk I know. I feel you.

Their were some op wars where I chugged over 40 parashock pills. I swear to god i'm not exaggerating. That should tell you something. And the stupid pills don't stack and are expensive.

*sigh*

I really wish I knew who came up with that spell. It needs to be completely changed(not TWEAKED or SLIGHTLY ALTERED :rolleyes: ), or removed.

tomparadox
01-07-04, 21:32
i agree, remove this pos, it ruins pvp completly...

msdong
01-07-04, 21:36
NERF TO SHIT OR REMOVE FUCKING PARA SHOCK!!! ...

OMG, what a completely new toppic. im shure there are 3 ppl on board never read of this before.
:rolleyes:

Judge
01-07-04, 21:41
True dong... but the fact remains that its still here.

Man, I wonder how many people would come back to the game if KK removed Parashock. I'm sure a fair few quite just because of it. I've been close to it on several occasions....

tomparadox
01-07-04, 21:43
True dong... but the fact remains that its still here.

Man, I wonder how many people would come back to the game if KK removed Parashock. I'm sure a fair few quite just because of it. I've been close to it on several occasions....
i know, i cant blame them for leaving...

FFS when that thing hits you, you might as well jest stop wasting your fucking STA and stand still...

BlackwooD
01-07-04, 21:43
:rolleyes: not again FFS

bounty
01-07-04, 21:50
yeah i fucking hate para too, and TBH i could do without damage boost. Let this game have some substance without ppus again. PVP was like 10x more fun when ppus weren't around, at least not to the effectiveness that they are at now.

Judge
01-07-04, 21:51
Yes again.

Give us a reason not to.. like removing it?

Freeejumper
01-07-04, 21:52
and here is my list for chrismas ... : ppus should be able to overbuff noobbuffs like tl 3 heal tl 25 shelter etc ... thanks cya

Birkoff
01-07-04, 21:53
I think DB is fine, it doesn't remove skill.

And PPUs weren't "around" b/c they were all hybrids :)

bounty
01-07-04, 21:56
and here is my list for chrismas ... : ppus should be able to overbuff noobbuffs like tl 3 heal tl 25 shelter etc ... thanks cya

I completely agree with this. I would like to see this and runcasting, but in turn tone down holy heal and remove para.

Judge
01-07-04, 22:01
I completely agree with this. I would like to see this and runcasting, but in turn tone down holy heal and remove para.

Yes. I agree completely.

The only reason I would noob buff a PPU is if they were using Para. Remove para and I'm sure that a no-one would mind removing the noob buffs as well.

EDIT: Oh, and DB isn't so bad. It doesn't remove skill entirely like Para does.

Qwaaas
01-07-04, 22:05
[ edited ]

hivemind
01-07-04, 22:05
A big reason I came back after a 6 month break was that para had been nerfed to the point that people weren't using it anymore.

Imagine my pleasure when all the patches subsequent to my return boosted it...

And yeah, it's an old topic, but as nothing ever gets done about it we'll keep bitching.

plague
01-07-04, 22:08
[ edited ] [ edited ]

Scikar
01-07-04, 22:13
The fact that it's been brought up before doesn't justify keeping para in the slightest.

Btw french folks with the Remove Whinor slogan, it's spelt whiner, with an E, unless it's l33t, in which case it's whin0r, but it's not whinor.

Judge
01-07-04, 22:15
plague>Qwaaas

And I have to agree with him. If you think that Parashock is alright, or deserves to not be nerfed, then please... feel free to explain exactly why and not just post some stupid half assed attempt to draw attention to yourself.

EDIT: Ah... French. Explains everything.

plague
01-07-04, 22:18
The fact that it's been brought up before doesn't justify keeping para in the slightest.

Btw french folks with the Remove Whinor slogan, it's spelt whiner, with an E, unless it's l33t, in which case it's whin0r, but it's not whinor.

lol nice pwned :D

@qwaaa..... I tired to explaing why it should be removed, cuz i posted too much on that account, so evryone who think it's should stay pls state why atleast (i wont agree with u but i wont tell u too refer to pic i posted above)other wise u will c the governor telling u what to do...

Bozz-Von Mel
01-07-04, 22:28
Hmmm, para never seems to do anything to me from inside my vehicle. Just decided to "adjust" instead of crying. Don't get rid of it though.

plague
01-07-04, 22:31
Hmmm, para never seems to do anything to me from inside my vehicle. Just decided to "adjust" instead of crying. Don't get rid of it though.
from inside er vihicle.............do u c anyone else having problem with para from inside their vehicles, i don't thats becouse it fucks u up when u on foot and completly ruins the pvp.

Scikar
01-07-04, 22:33
Shame you can't use a vehicle inside NC, inside MB, inside TG, or inside TH, isn't it? You can't get to an OP hackterm or into the underground, and some OPs you can't get into at all. Not to mention the prohibitive cost, and the fact that the healer of a vehicle, a repper, is nowhere near as protected as a PPU is, who heals his teammates on foot. Vehicles are not an excuse to keep para.

Bozz-Von Mel
01-07-04, 22:39
Sorry, you guys missed my point. I was being sarcastic. I got tired of Para too. So instead of constantly complaining, I changed my playing style so that it is no longer a factor.

Archeus
01-07-04, 22:39
Shame you can't use a vehicle inside NC, inside MB, inside TG, or inside TH, isn't it? You can't get to an OP hackterm or into the underground,

Boo Hoo.

Droners can't fly thier drones under water, snipers are useless in enclosed places.

Learn to fight against para. If you can't then prehaps your not as good as you thought you were.

Bozz-Von Mel
01-07-04, 22:41
Boo Hoo.

Droners can't fly thier drones under water, snipers are useless in enclosed places.

Learn to fight against para. If you can't then prehaps your not as good as you thought you were.

Amen. Use your OMFG!....Brain.

Scikar
01-07-04, 22:44
Boo Hoo.

Not a case of skill. Just a case of running out of quickbelt slots. I don't get killed by para until I have to open up my QB to take more antishocks.

Also, your examples don't wash. There's plenty of spies now with SH using it up close with Spirit mods. And the Spies who think outside the box with their setup are far from useless up close with a Healing Light, which they can also snipe with. Water is not common to many fights, para is common to any fight with a PPU. I know you aren't bothered much seeing as stealth makes it impossible to paraspam you, unlike Tanks like myself.

@Bozz: I'm primarily a Tank, always have been. I don't see why everyone should be forced to fight from vehicles just because of para. Fighting on foot should be just as much fun.

Judge
01-07-04, 22:47
Boo Hoo.

Erm... so what exactly are you saying? We should stop fighting at OP wars, in PP and... ah fuck it, lets just not PvP. Sounds like fun. I call dibs on the LE.

Bozz-Von Mel
01-07-04, 22:49
@Bozz: I'm primarily a Tank, always have been. I don't see why everyone should be forced to fight from vehicles just because of para. Fighting on foot should be just as much fun.

I still do both vehicles and on foot, I was just using vehicles as an EXAMPLE. If you also have a PPU throwing para is it not a wash ??

Scikar
01-07-04, 22:49
Erm... so what exactly are you saying? We should stop fighting at OP wars, in PP and... ah fuck it, lets just not PvP. Sounds like fun. I call dibs on the LE.
He's not saying that all. He's saying we should all play droners, drivers, snipers or PPUs, or have PPUs stuffed up our asses. Or maybe exploit and write a script to automatically take an antishock from inventory. :rolleyes:

Scikar
01-07-04, 22:50
I still do both vehicles and on foot, I was just using vehicles as an EXAMPLE. If you also have a PPU throwing para is it not a wash ??
And suppose I don't have a PPU up my ass? Why should that mean automatic defeat?

Shadow Dancer
01-07-04, 22:54
Yes. I agree completely.

The only reason I would noob buff a PPU is if they were using Para. Remove para and I'm sure that a no-one would mind removing the noob buffs as well.

EDIT: Oh, and DB isn't so bad. It doesn't remove skill entirely like Para does.

Same thoughts. I have absolutely NO problem with noob buffs being overidden if para was gone.

other wise u will c the governor telling u what to do...

lmfao

Not a case of skill. Just a case of running out of quickbelt slots. I don't get killed by para until I have to open up my QB to take more antishocks.

AMEN!

I can't believe 1 spell of an already over-important class can cause so much drama. I think all the programmers at KK are ppus, honestly.

Birkoff
01-07-04, 23:00
I can't believe 1 spell of an already over-important class can cause so much drama. I think all the programmers at KK are ppus, honestly.

Makes you wonder :D

Only thing that can be used underwater is ot tech melee right? So why droners? lol

Para defeats the point of being a good FPS player.

I have no objection to the buff thing except it would fuck my character up the oposite way around.... fuck up a class thats been fucked up for far to long already :)

ElfinLord
01-07-04, 23:00
I think all the programmers at KK are ppus, honestly.The way some members of this community talk about them, they need to be. ;)

Anyway, i don't even PvP and I think that parashock should go.

Why should you need to slow down your target just to hit them? People don't really move "that" fast. Do they?

Just my opinion anyway.

Shadow Dancer
01-07-04, 23:02
I have no objection to the buff thing except it would fuck my character up the oposite way around.... fuck up a class thats been fucked up for far to long already :)

You mean your hybrid? How? Wouldn't it be a good thing?

Ghanima
01-07-04, 23:02
Hows this for an idea...

Reduce the cast time...reduce the casting cost...reduce the effect...make it a stack.

The more your hit the greater the effects. Sort of like the APU style of poison or fire. This may help balance it out.

Ghanima

Scikar
01-07-04, 23:05
You mean your hybrid? How? Wouldn't it be a good thing?Well, for starters a hybrid can cast TL25 shelt at 52/min RoF, which is quicker than a PE can. And they can cast drone combat 3 on people, just to rub it in. :p

EDIT: Though I can't see it fucking them up. :wtf:

Samhain
01-07-04, 23:13
We either need it so that when you use an anti-shock in your quickbelt it uses the one's in your inventory first and acts as a shortcut (same for all drugs and such)... OR

Make it so that in order to freeze someone, a PPU has to continually cast it. Basicaly, PPU targets you, casts parashock, his hand keeps waving around in the usual casting motion, he keeps losing a bit of PSI per time interval, and once he puts his parashock away the freeze could either maybe tick off quickly (a few seconds like a dev poison) or come off instantly.

Archeus
01-07-04, 23:15
And suppose I don't have a PPU up my ass? Why should that mean automatic defeat?

2 vs 1? Then yes. PPU augments the other players. With other classes they can too but generally it is the players skill that does this, where as the PPU it is the class itself.

My initial point was someone was showing that crafts can't do everything. Well there is no class that can do everything. They all have plus+minus.

As for your other comments.. how to deal with Para has been explained in countless other threads. There are a large number of people (myself included) who have no problem against para.

The problem is yours, and there is nothing that can be said in this thread that hasn't been said already. So it is basically a whine thread.

OpTi
01-07-04, 23:18
do not remove para, reduce it just remove the god damned melee shockers, they are NOT needed (I have a melee tank and i certainly don't need it, hell i can't even use it being lowtec and even being shit i still kill ppl)

Scikar
01-07-04, 23:31
2 vs 1? Then yes. PPU augments the other players. With other classes they can too but generally it is the players skill that does this, where as the PPU it is the class itself.
Who said 2v1? Me and a PE vs a Tank and a PPU. PPU+Tank wins every time, regardless of how good me and the PE are, except the very rare occasion when the enemy Tank or PPU completely sucks.

My initial point was someone was showing that crafts can't do everything. Well there is no class that can do everything. They all have plus+minus.
I don't want to do everything. I just don't want to be nailed to the floor without an effective counter. I see no reason why I should be forced to play a spy or a monk just to achieve this (or a H-C PE/gimped other class).

As for your other comments.. how to deal with Para has been explained in countless other threads. There are a large number of people (myself included) who have no problem against para.

The problem is yours, and there is nothing that can be said in this thread that hasn't been said already. So it is basically a whine thread.
Explained? Aha. What a crock of shit. "Explained" is nothing more than "OMG USE ANTISHOCK PILLS NIB ROFL!!!!oneoneoneone."

There are four counters to parashock:
1)Antishock pills, which give you a drugflash after the third pill, and blind you after 5. They also don't stack in your inventory, requiring you to open your inventory to take a new one once you run out - what's the point in removing the para when you're stood still anyway? Not to mention the fact that they cost 2k each. I bet you'd love it if CS drained 2k from your cash every time you got hit by it.
2)Stealth, which is only for spies, and is the reason why many people like yourself who use stealth a lot have nothing against para - because it's the only counter without any drawbacks.
3) Antishock spells - for PPUs only, natch.
4) Not getting parashocked in the first place. Now, I've spent practically all of my time in the last few months doing nothing but PvP - duels, OP wars, Pepper skirmishes, everything. I have practiced and practiced. I know how to dodge unpredictably. But it's just a matter of time before the PPU scores a hit with para, especially if it's a good PPU. If it was possible to dodge para completely then it would be possible to dodge everything completely, and it's not. Except when stealthed of course (convenient, you being a spy, isn't it?).

So from this the only way to explain your lack of a problem with para must boil down to either
1) You always stealth when parashocked and thus don't see any of the negatives inherent in the antishock pills when you're being paraspammed.
2) You never get close enough to a PPU unstealthed in order to be parashocked, in which case how would you know what it's like to be a Tank/APU/PE with a PPU paraspamming you?
3) You always have a PPU up your ass to antishock you (I would assume this only happens when you're not stealthing as a spy).
4) You only ever fight below average PPUs who can't aim well enough to tag you with para effectively.

giga191
01-07-04, 23:36
Remove para and while your at it add a maximum amount of dmg u can do to a person per shot

Birkoff
01-07-04, 23:51
Well, for starters a hybrid can cast TL25 shelt at 52/min RoF, which is quicker than a PE can. And they can cast drone combat 3 on people, just to rub it in. :p

EDIT: Though I can't see it fucking them up. :wtf:

I'm blessed hybrid so my buffs are better than forgien cast holys.

You often see hybrids drone3ing ppl?

Dammit if only i knew there serup.... wish i could cast lvl 3 buffs :)

Shadow Dancer
02-07-04, 00:03
Are you saying someone might holy shelter you, thereby making you weaker?

What if KK makes it so that that self-cast buffs take priority over anything else?

Birkoff
02-07-04, 00:08
That would be perfect.

Higher tl buffs go over lower tl and forgien don't go oever self cast.
Para is removed / nerefed to hell as are shockers.

tomparadox
02-07-04, 00:25
Boo Hoo.

while that is true, NO class is usefull when pared, they are ruining PVP.

You dont have enuf quick slots to use the anti para drug to stay alive, STFU and use your brain IMO, i whant to see you fight, on a tank/melee tank, apu, PE vs a tank/apu + ppu team and live when there paraing you.

i agree with sickar, its NOT a case of skill.

Another thing, droners and water? WHAT the hell do you expect? ITS A DRONE... and as sickar said, snipers are not useless, iv killed tanks with an SH before upclose.

Explained? Aha. What a crock of shit. "Explained" is nothing more than "OMG USE ANTISHOCK PILLS NIB ROFL!!!!oneoneoneone."

There are four counters to parashock:
1)Antishock pills, which give you a drugflash after the third pill, and blind you after 5. They also don't stack in your inventory, requiring you to open your inventory to take a new one once you run out - what's the point in removing the para when you're stood still anyway? Not to mention the fact that they cost 2k each. I bet you'd love it if CS drained 2k from your cash every time you got hit by it.
2)Stealth, which is only for spies, and is the reason why many people like yourself who use stealth a lot have nothing against para - because it's the only counter without any drawbacks.
3) Antishock spells - for PPUs only, natch.
4) Not getting parashocked in the first place. Now, I've spent practically all of my time in the last few months doing nothing but PvP - duels, OP wars, Pepper skirmishes, everything. I have practiced and practiced. I know how to dodge unpredictably. But it's just a matter of time before the PPU scores a hit with para, especially if it's a good PPU. If it was possible to dodge para completely then it would be possible to dodge everything completely, and it's not. Except when stealthed of course (convenient, you being a spy, isn't it?).

So from this the only way to explain your lack of a problem with para must boil down to either
1) You always stealth when parashocked and thus don't see any of the negatives inherent in the antishock pills when you're being paraspammed.
2) You never get close enough to a PPU unstealthed in order to be parashocked, in which case how would you know what it's like to be a Tank/APU/PE with a PPU paraspamming you?
3) You always have a PPU up your ass to antishock you (I would assume this only happens when you're not stealthing as a spy).
4) You only ever fight below average PPUs who can't aim well enough to tag you with para effectively.
i agree...

Jest remove the damn thing, and save time...

Scikar
02-07-04, 00:33
I'm blessed hybrid so my buffs are better than forgien cast holys.

You often see hybrids drone3ing ppl?

Dammit if only i knew there serup.... wish i could cast lvl 3 buffs :)
Yah meant level 2 sorry. :p

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 00:46
Boo Hoo.

of all the posts since ive been back.... what a pile of crap!

Droners cant friggin fly under water... since when do you fight underwater! Since when do you need to be able to fly underwater! Water isnt even a comman feature in this game.

Snipers useless!!!!!! there are only 2 reasons i can think of that would make a decent sniper crap up close:

a) he/she only carried a silent hunter or redeemer.

b) they where equiped with a kami

How do you learn to fight against para, bring lots of anti shock "WOW I NEVA NEWWWw that one mista!" how else do you friggin suggest combating para... dude...

OH YEAH!!! get a ppu to holy buff you while you crawl around trying to shoot! And but of course para the other dude...

the never ending circle of crappyness by Archeus

*claps sarcastically*

Anna
02-07-04, 00:54
shouldnt this get closed for reviving old topics or something :wtf:

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 00:55
shouldnt this get closed for reviving old topics or something :wtf:

an old topic that was solved then re-fucked...

Judge
02-07-04, 00:57
They only normally do that if the topic is within like a few days of each other... we haven't had a PPU/Para flaming thread for at least a week.

Haven't we been good forum monkeys? :)

seraphian
02-07-04, 01:12
For fuck's sake!

Are we on this SAME topic AGAIN!

KK is WELL AWARE of everyones feelings on Parashock

Some of us love it
Some of us are indifferent
and a small percentage of vocal players threaten to leave the game everytime they have trouble owning a PPU in PvP combat.

did we really need ANOTHER nerf/para post?

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 01:15
If KK is well aware then why havnt they done something to fix it again?

I doubt very much wether you know what KK does and doesnt so dont presume.

People are unhappy with the current situation and KK need to comment on the situation.

"blah blah we have reached a point where we belive para is balence blah blah" or somthing that gives us their position, instead they just change things without consulting us to any great degree.

cRazy2003
02-07-04, 01:17
meh hate parashock

bounty
02-07-04, 01:21
Another idea i had, would be to up the cost of anti para drugs, but let them last for 5 minutes in which no para spell can affect you.

Scikar
02-07-04, 01:26
For fuck's sake!

Are we on this SAME topic AGAIN!

KK is WELL AWARE of everyones feelings on Parashock

Some of us love it
and a small percentage of vocal players threaten to leave the game everytime they have trouble owning a PPU in PvP combat.

did we really need ANOTHER nerf/para post?
Odd how that 'small percentage of vocal players' still gets 70% of the vote on para in most threads, don't you think?

Did you really need to post in this nerf para thread? If KK is "WELL AWARE" of everyone's feelings, then surely you have nothing to be worried about? Ever think that maybe we're just waiting for one of you to post a valid, reasonable justification to keep parashock in the game? Currently, the only argument you have is that the thread's been done before. Hardly a good defence. :wtf:

stebedford
02-07-04, 01:30
Parashock is fine in my opinion, I have almost every character type, i have use para myself and have had it used against me, it makes pvp more challanging, if you cant handle it, take anti shock drugs or get a decent ppu with at least anti para. I think its funny when ive been para'd in an op war cos i have to rely on my ppu or crawl to a safe place :)

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 01:34
Parashock is fine in my opinion, I have almost every character type, i have use para myself and have had it used against me, it makes pvp more challanging, if you cant handle it, take anti shock drugs or get a decent ppu with at least anti para. I think its funny when ive been para'd in an op war cos i have to rely on my ppu or crawl to a safe place :)

How exactly do you "handle it" having a ppu with anti para just completes a circle of reliance upon ppus.

Odd how that 'small percentage of vocal players' still gets 70% of the vote on para in most threads, don't you think?

Did you really need to post in this nerf para thread? If KK is "WELL AWARE" of everyone's feelings, then surely you have nothing to be worried about? Ever think that maybe we're just waiting for one of you to post a valid, reasonable justification to keep parashock in the game? Currently, the only argument you have is that the thread's been done before. Hardly a good defence

right on Scikar!

Birkoff
02-07-04, 01:49
They sorted it out once. Why did they "unnerf it"

no one knows, but getting hit as many tiems by a blue thing from the sky aswe were 2day at tezla/cycrow it was insane. I was dead next to the hack room at crp. And a i saw 2* as many blue things hitting a certain uber green ppu than i did anything else. Was sad.. it needs fixing.

tomparadox
02-07-04, 02:03

drugs? LOL... the drugs suck IMO... you cant stack them.

And about haveing the ppu... Not everyone whants to use the stupid tacktic and have a ppu up there ass in 1 vs 1 fights...

LiL T
02-07-04, 03:50
currently the melee shocking pisses me off the most parrashock has been well toned down but I hate those PPU's that just stand in pepper park to parra people . I think there should be a TL 3 anti parra spell of coarse it should take about the same time to cast as a ppu takes to cast holy parra

tomparadox
02-07-04, 04:05
currently the melee shocking pisses me off the most parrashock has been well toned down but I hate those PPU's that just stand in pepper park to parra people . I think there should be a TL 3 anti parra spell of coarse it should take about the same time to cast as a ppu takes to cast holy parra
well, if it takes as long as the para to cast its about useless, because if your being attacked youll be dead before you can cast it...

LiL T
02-07-04, 05:42
well, if it takes as long as the para to cast its about useless, because if your being attacked youll be dead before you can cast it...

Not if you time it right as in start casting as the ppu starts it would at least allow you to get away from a ppu team chasing you

Judge
02-07-04, 15:08
Some of us love it

Sorry... does this not just crack everyone up? :D

You have so little idea of what you're talking about its funny. We're not talking about killing PPUs you fool, we're talking about Parashock wrecking NORMAL PvP, and adding to the reliance on PPUs, which sucks major balls. Oh and as Scikar said... 70% aren't a minority... maybe you should like know maths or something?

tomparadox
02-07-04, 15:20
Not if you time it right as in start casting as the ppu starts it would at least allow you to get away from a ppu team chasing you
i supose if it was the right circumstances that would work, but i dont think it would have much use in a tank/apu + ppu tank. unless they are waaay far off in the distance, out of the tanks shooting rang... or unless this spell is runcast, if its runcast then it will be usefull because you can atempt to doge.

LiL T
02-07-04, 15:32
Some of us love it

I'll say only this the people who love it are dicks plain and simply they don't want skill based pvp they want to be able to make a good pvper useless cos thats all it does you can't say it don't its the lamest POS in this game :mad:

The many times I have raided TG they needed a PPU to come and parra shock and damage boost me and they said it was because I was zoning up to my appy. Well at times I was fighting 5 people yeah 5 fukin people and owning them killing 1 at a time then they bring a ppu who heals them I don't have a problem with that at all its when they parra shock me and damage boost me. I really pisses me off cos I know that if they did not get that ppu to make me useless as if the holy heals where not enough I would have killed them all cos they where shit.

tomparadox
02-07-04, 15:40
Id half to agree with LiL T, that damn para ruins pvp...

LiL T
02-07-04, 15:58
Now In ingame right I here alot of people which I know I can beat in less than 5 seconds and they beat me once cos they have a ppu and they spam trade saying I suck :rolleyes: this is not an ego thing I am better than you blah blah I just think its wrong too have this powerfull spell. Alot of people will think it stops people like me killing so many people on my raids which I have not done in a while but fuck they should get some skills because I lose to people 1 vs 1 in a fair fight. I have fought good pvpers and they have beaten me everytime cos they are good eled is one of them beating me everytime with his tank his monk and his rifle spy using a FL. So why the hell should these people need a ppu to come and win the fight for them by parra shocking me as soon as they see me. It really does ruin pvp it makes it unfair I don't like to have a ppu helping me cos I know I would be too good and be at an unfair advantage

LiL T
02-07-04, 16:11
One time I did have a ppu on my back this there was this clan I won't name did not like me. I killed the whole clan and there alts and then when they got pokes I killed them again and this was a big clan well not the whole clan but anyone that was in the clan on at the time. It was like I was given god mode the ppu was on the ball but he don't play anymore he timed his buffs and never missed a heal and was parra shocking a DBing them they had no chance it was insane overpowered?

Birkoff
03-07-04, 01:06
Sorry... does this not just crack everyone up? :D

You have so little idea of what you're talking about its funny. We're not talking about killing PPUs you fool, we're talking about Parashock wrecking NORMAL PvP, and adding to the reliance on PPUs, which sucks major balls. Oh and as Scikar said... 70% aren't a minority... maybe you should like know maths or something?

yeah no problem with PPUs as a whoel they are easy to kill after the attackers are down now but para is the problem. and noob buffing reallyu but NOT A QUARTER AS BAD AS PARA.

Candaman
03-07-04, 01:14
One time I did have a ppu on my back this there was this clan I won't name did not like me. I killed the whole clan and there alts and then when they got pokes I killed them again and this was a big clan well not the whole clan but anyone that was in the clan on at the time. It was like I was given god mode the ppu was on the ball but he don't play anymore he timed his buffs and never missed a heal and was parra shocking a DBing them they had no chance it was insane overpowered?

*bows down at ur 1337ness and to avoide ur massive head as it swings by*

MisterP
03-07-04, 02:17
My thoughts on the topic:

Make the pills much cheaper and work faster (instant)
Make Cath Sanc use less mana & much much quicker effect
Keep Para in the game.

Its good to have para, but also you need tactics that can reverse things in everything situation! In this case the simple counter-tactics aren't the best, hence rants/raves.

Clownst0pper
03-07-04, 02:21
I carry x50 anti shock drugs on koro- without a PPU support I chewed through 24 at a 15 minute OP war at grant earlier today- that is the extent of there para spamming.

I had to actually stop, and reload my belt countless times - thankfully my con held out ;)

Otherwise, I think the PPU's need to get a life, its just fucking sad

Candaman
03-07-04, 02:25
the problem ain't taking them its as soon as u take one ur shocked again and 10 secs later u got a drug haze that makes u as able as stephen hawkins to pvp

Clownst0pper
03-07-04, 02:27
the problem ain't taking them its as soon as u take one ur shocked again and 10 secs later u got a drug haze that makes u as able as stephen hawkins to pvp

Yeah after taking 24 I was smacked off my tits and bopping worse than Michael Jackson on crack

Comie
03-07-04, 03:00
its some dev's brain child. thats why spirit mods were brought in so that ppl would for get para *waves hand jedi style* fooooorgeeet para!

i hate it, if there was no para i'd gladly solo attack a clan attacking an op.

so heres a suggestion, Bend Holy parashock and its babies over, and give it a Fuck off Enema

tomparadox
03-07-04, 05:19
I carry x50 anti shock drugs on koro- without a PPU support I chewed through 24 at a 15 minute OP war at grant earlier today- that is the extent of there para spamming.

I had to actually stop, and reload my belt countless times - thankfully my con held out ;)

Otherwise, I think the PPU's need to get a life, its just fucking sad

so, how did you magicly refill your QB so fast? or did you jest open your inv and click to use it?

The pills suck, i take 3 - 4, i have a drug flash = im screwed, because i take another, drugflash gets worse, para dosent.

Drugs are not stackable = takes time to refill them in your QB OR open the inv and click on them to take them. either way the drugs suck. No mater how you use them , its jest delaying you dieing, think of it, tank/ppu team, vs say a tank, who gets drug flash trying to get rid of the para, and gets another para casted on, gets worse drug flah, and all this with a tank shooting caps off on his head, He would be screwed.

Remove the damn para, or nerf it to hell. And remove the melee shockers, they are not needed.

Tostino
03-07-04, 06:10
And remove the melee shockers, they are not needed.
yea they are worse then holy para atm.