PDA

View Full Version : After playing other games I have noticed that...

PenguinNick
01-07-04, 21:11
There are a few things that help keep Planetside somewhat balanced:

1. If you play as one empire and switch to a character in another empire you can't play your other character for 12 hours.

IE: If you were a City Admin and also has a Twilight Guardian character, and you log off your CA to play your TG, you can't log back on to your CA for 12 hours.

2. Bonus incentives. depending on faction give bonus EXP, or perhaps cash.

IE: City Admin has 10 people logged on the server while Twilight Guardian has 30, and Proto Pharm has 20 the CA get 5% more experience for every mob they kill (IE instead of getting 100 they'd get 105), Twilight Guardian has too many people so they get 5% less experence for every mob (IE instead of getting 100 they'd get 95), and the Proto Pharm are in the middle so they get no EXP mod either way

------------------

These are the two things I like about Planetside that would make NC a bit more balanced...

Please post

Judge
01-07-04, 21:29
Sure... give bonus' for the less inhabited factions. But don't give penalties, I don't want to be screwed over because some massive clan decided to choose my faction as their next port of call and completely overpopulate it.

Candaman
01-07-04, 21:30
the experience thing is good when the aim of the game is to get to a high lvl but thats not the aim of neocron anyone can powerlvl to cap in just a few days i think a faction/clan has less on than attackers they get higher % on weapons

mazzaker
02-07-04, 00:37
There are a few things that help keep Planetside somewhat balanced:

1. If you play as one empire and switch to a character in another empire you can't play your other character for 12 hours.

IE: If you were a City Admin and also has a Twilight Guardian character, and you log off your CA to play your TG, you can't log back on to your CA for 12 hours.

Please post

This would only work for the 4 Slot Servers - right? Having 1 Slot Servers, you have to log on with a different account, anyway, and there is no way they can keep players from logging on to two different accounts. Even if they do IP checks and the like, no problem with dial-in.

Scikar
02-07-04, 00:41
This would only work for the 4 Slot Servers - right? Having 1 Slot Servers, you have to log on with a different account, anyway, and there is no way they can keep players from logging on to two different accounts. Even if they do IP checks and the like, no problem with dial-in.
True. But it's still a good idea, and I'd very much like to see it.

[TgR]HusK
02-07-04, 00:43
like that, except I don't think exp bonuses should be added. Perhaps some other bonus types directed at lowbie newbie's only... (newbies ... not experienced players who can get anything anywhere anyway :p)

JackScratch
02-07-04, 01:09
Sure... give bonus' for the less inhabited factions. But don't give penalties, I don't want to be screwed over because some massive clan decided to choose my faction as their next port of call and completely overpopulate it.

Any bonus in one direction or another is a penalty to the oposite. Doesnt matter how the math works out, the effect will still be the same.

Odin
02-07-04, 01:14
Wouldn't work. High % of users have more then one account.

2nd idea I've been contemplating that myself as far as rotating depending on how many people are in said faction but it would be contemplated and would probably have to work on the # of hours total that characters are logged in for in their factions. It would also be based on the total #'s and not just that moment though. (note: just an opinion and does not constitute any fact that something like this is even being 'discussed' in the office let alone hitting any servers)

tomparadox
02-07-04, 01:14
i hope your jokeing with that, thats bullshit, and stupid. the rest i agree with, the mob XP and all that, but 12 hours? yes its an RPG, but no it shouldent take half the damn day to switch chars...

IE, what about this, you have a tradeskiller you make CA, cus people whont trust you if your TG or something, so you log on your combat char cus noones needing busness atm, so people need researcher, noone else is on, you half to wait 12 hours to switch to be able to help someone? ummm, yea, howbout no...

seraphian
02-07-04, 01:18
Well for the sake of roleplaying AND PvP SOMETHING has to be done about faction chat spying and other abuses of the current faction system. Even if multiple accounts can get around it, not everyone has one. Not to mention the fact that KK will never do it (they'd go bankrupt) but there are so many abuses to multiple accounts that it should NOT be allowed (a lot of MMORPGS don't IME)

retr0n
02-07-04, 01:23
2. Bonus incentives. depending on faction give bonus EXP, or perhaps cash.

IE: City Admin has 10 people logged on the server while Twilight Guardian has 30, and Proto Pharm has 20 the CA get 5% more experience for every mob they kill (IE instead of getting 100 they'd get 105),

- Cool i could go for this.

Twilight Guardian has too many people so they get 5% less experence for every mob (IE instead of getting 100 they'd get 95), and the Proto Pharm are in the middle so they get no EXP mod either way

- No way. Dont punish ppl, reword them somehow (like above) but dont punish others.

TheGreatMilenko
02-07-04, 01:30
planetside is the most balanced MMO ever and you cant tell me diferent :)

Epsilon 5
02-07-04, 01:44
let me get something cleared up, as a PS veteran gone back to neocron

POPULATION INCENTIVES HAVE DONE NOTHING TO IMPROVE POPULATION BALANCE (in planetside), THE NC STILL HAS 50% PRIMETIME POPULATION REGULARILY, WHILE TR HAS 20% AND VS 30%

People play the winning side! Anything else doesn't matter.

Jonax
02-07-04, 01:58
POPULATION INCENTIVES HAVE DONE NOTHING TO IMPROVE POPULATION BALANCE (in planetside), THE NC STILL HAS 50% PRIMETIME POPULATION REGULARILY, WHILE TR HAS 20% AND VS 30%

Which server is that, because it sure as hell isn't Werner :wtf:

TheGreatMilenko
02-07-04, 03:19
i play on Konreid and every faction is about the same
TR > All :p