PDA

View Full Version : RPG Vault Peek #8

Thanatos
01-07-04, 19:06
Peek #8 (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/527/527628p1.html)

Enjoy.

Lexxuk
01-07-04, 19:06
ohhh.

/edit - do we get strippers on our beds too? for recreational purposes only of course :angel:

plague
01-07-04, 19:07
aaaaahhhh

-FN-
01-07-04, 19:10
ohhh.

/edit - do we get strippers on our beds too? for recreational purposes only of course :angel:

That stripper looks dead and beaten... o_O

Marx
Definately like what I see.

/edit - aside from the dead hooker.

Lexxuk
That stripper looks dead and beaten... o_O

omg, usualy we gotta pay extra for necrophillia :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

ezza
01-07-04, 19:11
ya thats cool, im down with the new apartment customization

msdong
01-07-04, 19:12
hmm,

okok, we expectet more but its not bad.

are those things chairs or weapons :D

ah and a question about the furniture. can the be build by players ?

Marx
01-07-04, 19:13
oh and a question about the furniture. can the be build by players ?Egad - if they can you can now have official furniture salesmen, do they get a faction like DRE?

;)

:lol:

Tratos
wow, very nice :) :D

Ghard
/me creams self*

*reads it again*

*drools*

ezza
01-07-04, 19:14
can i have a grim chaser head mounted on the wall?

-FN-
01-07-04, 19:14
ah and a question about the furniture. can the be build by players ?

I hope each chair costs like a million creds - unless like a TL 200 Constructor crafts one for ya - I'd totally hang up my PvP gear and become a full-time furniture supplier...

or would I...

Thanatos
01-07-04, 19:16
Furniture is expensive and it can't be built by players.

ezza
01-07-04, 19:17
I hope each chair costs like a million creds - unless like a TL 200 Constructor crafts one for ya - I'd totally hang up my PvP gear and become a full-time furniture supplier...

or would I...
the fighter who became a carpenter hmm could be a story there...but thanny just killed that idea :lol:

El_MUERkO
01-07-04, 19:18
My Plaza 2 app still has my flower, barrell and giant mushroom I lovingly placed in it to give it that unique touch.

msdong
01-07-04, 19:20
the fighter who became a carpenter hmm could be a story there...but thanny just killed that idea :lol:

that would explain the chair design.

a big :( to thanatos

Marx
01-07-04, 19:22
Question - Can we unlock apartments? Or put down one of those buzzers which allows anyone to open the door?

You know, to make the place public.

Jailbird
01-07-04, 19:23
Have some Constructed furniture that cant be bought from stores.

also have some ONLY mob drop furniture such as a mounted Grim chaser head and such.

making them store bought will be boring. rich people will have what they want.

Logan_storm_03
01-07-04, 19:24
tis good, those other screenies from the other peek looked abit strange o_O, i would decorate mine with the skulls of my enemies!, though i doubt i will be able :(

Epsilon 5
01-07-04, 19:24
Notice the via rosso level 2 apartment has a crahn logo .. i thought crahn was expelled out of NC in BDOY :P

Can you put an unlimited amount of cabinets? I already can imagine putting entire libraries of cabinets in an apartment, in a maze-like fashion

"Help! I'm stuck between the weaponpart and the pistol techs cabinets!"

Oath
01-07-04, 19:25
tis the sex!

Sorin
01-07-04, 19:26
That sneak peak made it sound like we can place our own cabinets too. Does that mean we can finally add cabinets to our apartments, instead of buying dozens of huge apartments just for the cab space?

kerdezixe
01-07-04, 19:27
Look at the girl on the bed ... ;)

Clownst0pper
01-07-04, 19:31
Look at the girl on the bed ... ;)

shes been shagged within an inch of her life :lol:

VetteroX
01-07-04, 19:33
Im not just trying to be a downer but this is a very disappointing sneek peek... COME ON.... how much of a nerd do you have to be to care about customizing your apartment. How many of you spend any decent amount of time at all in your apt? how many?...... thats what I thought, NOBODY. Even trade skillers spent their time in plaza. Besides which Neocron is a game of action, your suppost to be outside, fighting other players or at least fighting mobs, not sitting around in your apt.

You KNOW most people would like to see a peek on the new weapons graphics, or a peek on the new armor, the higher res player models, additions to pvp, more of hacknet, additions to pvp, a word on the new SL system, shots of DoY, Shots of a new leveling area..... hey... ANYTHING but something as boring as customisable apartments....

Now as usual I'll get flames for speaking my mind, but regardless, its cold, hard FACT a vast amount of people care more about any of the the things I mentioned above then customisable apartments.... I appreciate the peeks but PLEASE give us a peek to something a little more exciting and a little more relevent next time...

LTA
01-07-04, 19:34
Notice the via rosso level 2 apartment has a crahn logo .. i thought crahn was expelled out of NC in BDOY :P

!"
Unless Faction Logos are buyable to :p

err well not bad heh short but meh, there should be some furniture epics :p

Don't see why there has to be ONE epic mission anyway should just be a few for different things :D

Benjie
01-07-04, 19:35
DoY peek #8.5 - New high resolution skies. (look at the screenshots)

Cr33p3r
01-07-04, 19:36
werez the trailer need no screenys need trailer bad

Clive tombstone
Personally, I want a mini-warbot refrigerator ^^ for my warbot cola's^^ besides that, DAMN sexy chairs and the swords mounted are pretty sweet too, One question though, are we gonna be able to use any of this furniture? like turning on and off lamps, turning on and off boomboxes (if there is) using beds (like actually laying down on them) and ALL the chairs work?
please say yes :D

Marx
Im not just trying to be a downer but this is a very disappointing sneek peek... COME ON.... how much of a nerd do you have to be to care about customizing your apartment. How many of you spend any decent amount of time at all in your apt? how many?...... thats what I thought, NOBODY. Even trade skillers spent their time in plaza. Besides which Neocron is a game of action, your suppost to be outside, fighting other players or at least fighting mobs, not sitting around in your apt.

You KNOW most people would like to see a peek on the new weapons graphics, or a peek on the new armor, the higher res player models, additions to pvp, more of hacknet, additions to pvp, a word on the new SL system, shots of DoY, Shots of a new leveling area..... hey... ANYTHING but something as boring as customisable apartments....

Now as usual I'll get flames for speaking my mind, but regardless, its cold, hard FACT a vast amount of people care more about any of the the things I mentioned above then customisable apartments.... I appreciate the peeks but PLEASE give us a peek to something a little more exciting and a little more relevent next time...I don't care about the fact that they're chairs... I care about the fact that those chairs and stuff look nice in the new engine - the care given to those can give me a base idea on how differently characters and the city will look come DoY.

sanityislost
01-07-04, 19:37
mmmmmmmm very sexy n_n cant wait to rent a stripper lol

SiL ..:..

Epsilon 5
01-07-04, 19:37
DoY peek #8.5 - New high resolution skies. (look at the screenshots)

actually that would be cool .. i mean, high res skies :D

Xaru
01-07-04, 19:38
Now as usual I'll get flames for speaking my mind,

Hehe, youre right. Ok, i start flaming. I know you are one of the persons who kill anyhing that moves. So actually you are the reason, a lot of people love custom appartments. Cause you kill em and they have to go home. At least now it will be cozy. And i wont mind dying by your hand anymore, because i can spend my time in my nice appy and invinte some friends over for a cup of tea. And there i will be safe.

So i guess this peek is YOUR FAULT :D

Xaru

phunqe
01-07-04, 19:40
Since the peeks and info will come more regularly now up until the release, I'm sure there will be stuff that will satisfy most fetishes :p

Thanks for the peek Thanatos :)

Brammers
01-07-04, 19:43

Dam....was looking for a new line to expand Phoenix into... :D

Anyway, very nice, I do like the new custom apartments. Now lets hope there is a new Techhaven Level 3 apartment so I can get all my furniture in, and also the drinks cabinet... Since my R&D director is trying to move them out of the Phoenix store.

Also, will clan apartments be customisable? It would be really cool if they could.

Thanatos
01-07-04, 19:54
Nice catch Benjie!

Yes clan apps can be customized too.

You can place cabinets but not indefinitely.

As mentioned in the peek, the trailer will be released next Wednesday.

Archeus
01-07-04, 19:58
I quite liked the Dark age of Camalot advert with free 7 day trial.

Does KK not have control over what adverts get shown on the page?

Oh and show us something new already. We already know about the apartments.

Archeus
01-07-04, 20:01
Im not just trying to be a downer but this is a very disappointing sneek peek... COME ON.... how much of a nerd do you have to be to care about customizing your apartment.

Oh come vet, you can't tell me if they make it you can put your enemies heads on a poll (which can be ID'ed) and stuck in your apartment? You wouldn't do it. ;)

But your right on the other stuff.

Samhain
01-07-04, 20:04
Those are fucking bad-ass.

FireWarrior
01-07-04, 20:13
nice nice...

Will it be possible to move around current furniture (as in, the furniture we already have with the regular appartments) in the appartments we own or will it be necessary to buy completely new, empty appartments to do total redecorating?

Also, can we (re)move already placed furniture (of the new kind that is) if the placement is wrong or whatever?

Rob01m
01-07-04, 20:27

Try speaking for yourself from now on, not for other people. I for one like this feature, and if I want to spend time in my apartment, I will. Thanks for the compliment by calling me a nerd though.

Oh oh oh, but Neocron is a game of action, I'm supposed to be outside fighting, because after all, it's not like I'm paying to play the way I want to play within the rules of the game.

Of course people want to see peeks on all of those things, and I'm sure we will now. This was like the first peek where we are starting to see the real updated graphics engine. Give it time.

Now as usual I'll get flames for speaking my mind, but regardless, its cold, hard FACT a vast amount of people care more about any of the the things I mentioned above then customisable apartments.... I appreciate the peeks but PLEASE give us a peek to something a little more exciting and a little more relevent next time...

You want me to feel sorry for you because you speak your mind? I can disagree with what you write and be just as valid in my opinion as you are.

You don't like seeing the peek on customizable apartments instead of something more exciting. Well that's your preference, and it happens to be mine too. But you know what? I'm still happy I got to see this, and I will be using it. The relevence comes because the paying customers can do what they want within the rules of the game. If you want to kill all day then do it, but by no means can you assume or force everyone else to do the same.

Doc Holliday
01-07-04, 20:47
i was loving the quality of the pics more than the pics of themselves and im sure im not the only one.

VetteroX
01-07-04, 20:49
Try speaking for yourself from now on, not for other people. I for one like this feature, and if I want to spend time in my apartment, I will. Thanks for the compliment by calling me a nerd though.

Oh oh oh, but Neocron is a game of action, I'm supposed to be outside fighting, because after all, it's not like I'm paying to play the way I want to play within the rules of the game.

Of course people want to see peeks on all of those things, and I'm sure we will now. This was like the first peek where we are starting to see the real updated graphics engine. Give it time.

You want me to feel sorry for you because you speak your mind? I can disagree with what you write and be just as valid in my opinion as you are.

You don't like seeing the peek on customizable apartments instead of something more exciting. Well that's your preference, and it happens to be mine too. But you know what? I'm still happy I got to see this, and I will be using it. The relevence comes because the paying customers can do what they want within the rules of the game. If you want to kill all day then do it, but by no means can you assume or force everyone else to do the same.

I said its a fact MOST, like 90% dont care about apts. Your one of the few who for some odd reason carees

In my view, its just another example of how KK works... we have already been made to wait an increadably long time.... If they just put in a little thought they could have presented something to please everyone. why cant we see things we really want to see like WoC skills, screen shots of the new player models, new weapon models, new zones.... THESE are things for everyone. Fact is customizing apts is for the minority of the hard core role players, the VAST majority dont care to spend more time in their apts then they have to.

Vampire222
01-07-04, 20:52
awesome, but... still that f-ing starwars logo, comon kk... pleaase

Odin
01-07-04, 20:54
I said its a fact MOST, like 90% dont care about apts. Your one of the few who for some odd reason carees

Just because it's something your not interested in don't make assumptions about which you have little to no knowledge about. Really is there a need for your constant moaning everytime there is a non pvp related discussion or article?

sanityislost
01-07-04, 21:03
Now lets hope there is a new Techhaven Level 3 apartment so I can get all my furniture in, and also the drinks cabinet... Since my R&D director is trying to move them out of the Phoenix store.

LOL u noticed then? *s******************s*

Mr_Snow
01-07-04, 21:19
Just because it's something your not interested in don't make assumptions about which you have little to no knowledge about. Really is there a need for your constant moaning everytime there is a non pvp related discussion or article?

Heh so true Odin, even if you dont care for customising apartments its a good showcase for the upgraded engine.

You should of put current engine screenshots in there too to show people how much the engine is being improved.

Oh and I like the prayer circle, something no crahn apartment should be without.

Judge
01-07-04, 21:25
Its all good. :)

Except that fucking logo. :mad:

[TgR]KILLER
01-07-04, 21:34

thats why i'm saving up in cash already lol :) got loads of cash just for that purpuse.. don't need anything else.

BlackwooD
01-07-04, 21:41
those spiked chairs are damn sexy

uber java
01-07-04, 22:02
Since the peeks and info will come more regularly now up until the release, I'm sure there will be stuff that will satisfy most fetishes :p

Thanks for the peek Thanatos :)
They said that two peeks ago if I remember correctly. A peek every two weeks is that Thanatos said. Guess what? It hasn't been every two weeks. So im not holding my breath that they will come more "regularly".

uber java
01-07-04, 22:04
As mentioned in the peek, the trailer will be released next Wednesday.
Wow...Um yeah...What happend to the 5th?? Geez KK, plz learn to keep deadlines.

Odin
01-07-04, 22:05
Wow...Um yeah...What happend to the 5th?? Geez KK, plz learn to keep deadlines.

Maybe you should read the rest of that thread before speaking.

uber java
01-07-04, 22:12
Maybe you should read the rest of that thread before speaking.Just checked. It was EDITED to the 7th, and MJS on other posts in the thread had promised 100% it would be out on the day he said it would, at the time, it was the 5th. You guys sure BDoY will come out on September 1st? I mean, not only did they move the deadline ahead over a year, but they moved the release date for the trailer.

Edit: I'm not trying to cause a argument here, im just stating facts.

Scikar
01-07-04, 22:16
Just checked. It was EDITED to the 7th, and MJS on other posts in the thread had promised 100% it would be out on the day he said it would, at the time, it was the 5th. You guys sure BDoY will come out on September 1st? I mean, not only did they move the deadline ahead over a year, but they moved the release date for the trailer.

It can't come out on the 5th because it's being published by a magazine, and they can't publish it until the 7th, according to the thread. (I think).

Odin
01-07-04, 22:18

It can't come out on the 5th because it's being published by a magazine, and they can't publish it until the 7th, according to the thread. (I think).

Thank you Scikar.

uber java
01-07-04, 22:19
Who cares about the mag. The magazine didn't make the trailer, KK did. KK shouldn't have to wait on a magazine to publish before they can release their trailer they made to their own game.

Marx
01-07-04, 22:19
Just checked. It was EDITED to the 7th, and MJS on other posts in the thread had promised 100% it would be out on the day he said it would, at the time, it was the 5th. You guys sure BDoY will come out on September 1st? I mean, not only did they move the deadline ahead over a year, but they moved the release date for the trailer.

Edit: I'm not trying to cause a argument here, im just stating facts.MJS stated the 5th - 10tacle stated the 7th... Since 10tacle is probably the group actually in charge of getting it done, MJS changed his statement to the 7th. There was probably a miscommunication someplace, viola.

Who cares about the mag. The magazine didn't make the trailer, KK did. KK shouldn't have to wait on a magazine to publish before they can release their trailer they made to their own game.
Yes, KK made the game, KK folk probably made the trailer. 10tacle and co. is responsible for sending it out. In regards to the trailer, what 10T says, goes.

If you piss off your partner, your partner might change their mind about being your partner.

uber java
01-07-04, 22:20
MJS stated the 5th - 10tacle stated the 7th... Since 10tacle is probably the group actually in charge of getting it done, MJS changed his statement to the 7th. There was probably a miscommunication someplace, viola.Show me where it says 10tacle stated that, I didn't see it anywhere.

Also MJS didn't edit the post. Thanatos and Odin did.

Scikar
01-07-04, 22:21
Ever heard of exclusives?

uber java
01-07-04, 22:23
Ever heard of exclusives?
People in this community are already pissed off cause KK never kept a DoY deadline. Im sorry, but if I were KK, I'd release the trailer on the date promised, the first time.

Marx
01-07-04, 22:24
People in this community are already pissed off cause KK never kept a DoY deadline. Im sorry, but if I were KK, I'd release the trailer on the date promised, the first time.
Bottom of the 7th page of the trailer thread.

Hi everybody,

unfortunatly I have bad news for the community regarding the release of the first "Dome of York"-Trailer. The games journal where the trailer will be released first will be in trade two days later (7th july). Sorry, you have to wait a little bit longer for the new and really exciting DOY-stuff! :(
And anyway, stop crying.

Thorpe
01-07-04, 22:27
Show me where it says 10tacle stated that, I didn't see it anywhere.

Click Me! (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1431734&postcount=140)

:)

Scikar
01-07-04, 22:29
Think for a second. There are all these people complaining that there are no adverts for DoY. So let's imagine that KK thinks of all the different types of advertising they can do. They figure a full page or double page in a magazine will go down great. So, they get in contact with one of the magazine. The folks there say that in return for an exclusive on the upcoming trailer, they'll do some previews on DoY and KK get a bunch of advertising pages.

Now which would you choose in the situation. Release the trailer 2 days earlier, or have your adverts printed in the magazine along with all the previews, the review, and anything else the magazine decides to do? 2 days late on a trailer is measly price to pay for that.

Tratos
01-07-04, 23:21
they really do look nice! :D

Hmm... faction logos and symbols very nice! these should be a "mini epic" reward how ever recieve for completing a small but not to small run and i think it would be great and yes PLEASE make things properaly usable! such as lying on beds, crouhing on floor mats different sitting styles for different seats and slouching etc if you do this love will be given just because of the fact the furniture interaction is better than swg :)

:D Those skies look sexy aswell, and how about a home control pannel on the home term in each app makinf it public or private at will.

Looking forward to the trailer muchness!

msdong
01-07-04, 23:22
who cares about 2 days ? i mean its only a trailer. you will get 2 min of fun and thats it. O_o

kk should have taken tom pattys "the waiting is the hardest part" in the trailer end :D

ezza
01-07-04, 23:26
with those spiky chairs and throne room area, my warlord mofo of a tank is gonna be happy in that

come on Vet man, alright it aint showing any killing but it is showing something new,now i aint been jerking off over the prospect of apartments but at they look cool and will be something to spend money on, so im all for them

edit: WoC skills anyone? cmon i think EVERYONE wants to see that. aye thats one that we all want to see,but bet they keep that one back for at least a while cos its the one we are all anticipating

NS_CHROME54
01-07-04, 23:28
ffs odin thanny can we PLEASE get a statement on the logo? i think most of the community has made it clear they think it's a huge unoriginal ripoff, and lots of us submitted quality stuff that you can use!

*points to self and xaru*

for the love of god, either use one of the submitted logos, or hire a different advertising agency, cause the current one has no damn imagination.

in regards to the peek, it's a good peek, and a good showcase of the new gfx engine, but for the most part i'm siding with VetteroX on this issue. i wanna see some new mobs, new combat, new guns, new DoY screens, new character screens, etc... not stuff that in the end will be purely cosmetic in nature but stuff that will really affect core gameplay.

edit: WoC skills anyone? cmon i think EVERYONE wants to see that.

-REMUS-
01-07-04, 23:49
Still its a good showcase, although I would like to know of more features rather than the graphics engine.

Not enough info, but I think the trailer will make up for this. Its also fair to assume that they want to drip feed us info on the run up to the release, since if they let everything out in one go it may spoil their chance to keep epople interested.

My suggestion: Gun racks!!! so we can display our collection people can look slots and stats but cant take.

VetteroX
01-07-04, 23:57

Odin: I doubt you will repond, but I'll say this anyway.

Whats KK's job to to keep their customers? Making people satifsied and happy... am I right? and can you tell me, honestly tell me, that say... humm lets do something non pvp say a screenshot of a new mob, a new hunting area, a new vehicle, new textures on guns... WoC skills... ANY of that would be more exciting then apartments? I acknowlege that a handful of people like the apt customization, but can you argue that MUCH more people would have been way more excited and impressied if you had instead shown something that is of bigger interest to more people... anything described above? Its an absolute FACT more people care about WoC then customizable apts.. can you argue that? Or that more people would like to see new screenies of DoY city/sewers/hunting zones then apts?

I just think apartments is a lame choise compaied to the other, more exciting aspects of DoY that you could of shown us. You know the majority would have been much more impressed with something more relavent.

Odin
02-07-04, 00:22
I just think apartments is a lame choise compaied to the other, more exciting aspects of DoY that you could of shown us. You know the majority would have been much more impressed with something more relavent.

What you think and what is fact are 2 different things and I'll appreciate it if you stop shoving your opinion down everyones throat next time as you have quite the habit of doing that to any non pvp related thread. People can speak for themselves.

Some things obviously will not be discussed until closer to retail during beta.

NSChrome no comment on the logo at this time.

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 00:23
i would of prefered to see more of which vettro speaks of, nice graphics but not exciteing, now if one of those screenshots had something amazing like a grim reapers head trophy mounted on the wall (as a few people have mentioned) or pics of people pvping with new model skins and weapons.

now that would excite my senses...... and my penis... :p

EDIT: odin this is vettro, he has a narrow minded approch to many things and has a very strong opinion that he sticks too, you can admire it or hate it, take what he says into consideration becuase it has merit, basically all of the peeks have been as dull as can be.

some spice would be nice

Odin
02-07-04, 00:26
i would of prefered to see more of which vettro speaks of, nice graphics but not exciteing, now if one of those screenshots had something amazing like a grim reapers head trophy mounted on the wall (as a few people have mentioned) or pics of people pvping with new model skins and weapons.

now that would excite my senses...... and my penis... :p

Well more items can always be added in future patches as far as that goes. New model skins etc will probably be done publically more during beta as it'll be a far better situation for getting mass fights going on then some of the guys internally.

Judge
02-07-04, 00:26
I'm guessing that they're trying to build the suspence on the topics that they know people like most. :)

Personally... I would love some insight into player customisation as much as I would WoC skills. And I'm a PvPer mainly. :eek:

When you guys keep refering to 'Beta', is this going to be announced to us? Are we going to be playing DoY 'Beta'? Or are you refering to an internal beta?

[TgR]HusK
02-07-04, 00:27
What you think and what is fact are 2 different things and I'll appreciate it if you stop shoving your opinion down everyones throat next time as you have quite the habit of doing that to any non pvp related thread. People can speak for themselves.
Amen!
Seems like its IN to do that *sighs*

Thanks for the peek kk :)
I've enjoyed it.

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 00:32
Well more items can always be added in future patches as far as that goes. New model skins etc will probably be done publically more during beta as it'll be a far better situation for getting mass fights going on then some of the guys internally.

I wont argue becuase I dont know much about your marketing and development strategies, but just a showcase would of been nice, still I look forward with much anticipation to the trailer odin, your doing a comendable job.

Kuuselaa
02-07-04, 00:38
A-w-e-s-o-m-e! Great Job Kk! :d

NS_CHROME54
02-07-04, 00:40
RPG Vault Peek #9 - Odin changes his name back to [edited - your ass is banned you mofo, Odin]!!

Shadow Dancer
02-07-04, 00:41
I like it *alot*. Those decorations look beautiful. I would love to decorate my abode the way I want it. I hope their are several different themes available though. Not just 3-4. :p

Marx
02-07-04, 00:43
I like it *alot*. Those decorations look beautiful. I would love to decorate my abode the way I want it. I hope their are several different themes available though. Not just 3-4. :p
Whats the matter, don't you like dead hooker, cult, klingon, and japanese?

NS_CHROME54
02-07-04, 00:45
omfg a klingon themed apartment would be BADASS!! DO IT KK!!!

Shadow Dancer
02-07-04, 00:49
Is it possible to take it a step further and make it a bit more customized to each player's individual tastes? Like maybe graffiti on the wall with the words of your choice? Dead corpses of any type of char? Mmmm, so many ideas. I'll just wait and see what doy brings.

I would like to have a run down place with graffiti on the wall that says "Die PPUs" or something like that. Perhaps with a blue cloak hanging nearby. Also "Shadow's Turf" or something like that. Damn that would be sweet.

Btw Marx I thought the japanese themed one was very nice. Kill Bill anyone? lol

Clownst0pper
02-07-04, 01:04
Vet fails to realise is that we dont use our APT's the amount we do, because there is nothing to do with them.

As a clan and with friends, we spend alot of time in herbitts apartment researching mc5 techs, and chatting, generally messing about.

For it to be decorated, and be distinct in flavour would be brilliant-

sanityislost
02-07-04, 01:37
Vet......the new apt's in DoY will no longer just be a place to store stuff
they will be a place to impress the chicks :D

-REMUS-
02-07-04, 01:40
Vet......the new apt's in DoY will no longer just be a place to store stuff
they will be a place to impress the chicks :D

Vet wouldnt be impressed by a chick unless she could kill him, and I doubt any chick he would wanna get jiggy with would be interested in appartments either hehe ;)

LiL T
02-07-04, 03:21
I like them they are very nice :)

I'm just hoping the trailer will bring a lot more players in once people see it

Drexel
02-07-04, 06:15
Me, i love this sneek peak, appartments are one of the things im dieing for, every since that little sniff of dynamic objects wayback when.

@ Vet, the people that make your weapons & repair your shit & actually contribute to the community DO spend alot of time in their appartment & this is very important to them.

Truth is they probabbly havent finished the new player skins, weapons or WoC and arnt prepared to show us anything not 100% complete for the obvious reasons.

If they showed us WoC 5 peeks ago then finished with this one then you would have been ranting about the anti-climax. I LOVE the appartment changes & this will be a very large component for me & i know for a fact most of my clan. (yes, nerds have clans too).

In short, I love ya Vet but.. your wrong on your 90%.

(looks foward to hanging Vets Lib on a gun rack in his fully furbished appartment ;) )

Now, back to business... yay kk. Keep em coming.

phunqe
02-07-04, 08:52
They said that two peeks ago if I remember correctly. A peek every two weeks is that Thanatos said. Guess what? It hasn't been every two weeks. So im not holding my breath that they will come more "regularly".

If I remember correctly, it was always said that they will come more regularly after the trailer :)

Anyway... we are getting there...

Benjie
02-07-04, 08:57

Grim Reaper/etc heads/trophys should only drop off the mob you kill, with something like a 1/500 chance. (possibly higher, not everyone should have or actually needs trophys. For them to be valuable, they need to be rare.)

This was the case in several Ultima Online shards (UO had appartment decoration) and it was a very good implamentation of the feature.

Opar
02-07-04, 09:08
I want a roach trophy o.O

And it looks like Odin is pwning everyone with 1337 come-back skillz0r.

Benjie
02-07-04, 09:22
Trophys

I want a roach trophy o.O
Everything should drop a trophy with a 1/500 chance.

Trophys should come in sets for collection. Sets defined in the description.
IE: "Mutant Set Trophy." (short and sweet)
Examples of different sets:

Mutant Set: Mutant Trophy, Cyclops Trophy , Hurler Trophy, etc.
Insect Set: Roach Trophy, Giant Spider Trophy, etc.
Mechanoid Set: Warbot Trophy, Hoverbot Trophy, Sentinal Trophy, etc.

This would give players the freedom to be Collecters as a game mechanic, and not by collecting techparts that where removed from the rares pool.

Shopping

There should be more than the planned Viarosso Designer, Plaza Standard, and Yo's Pepper Park furnature shops.

I have noticed Potted Plants, Bonsai Trees, vases of flowers, and suspect there may be more. These plants should be sold at a Florist shop.
I have noticed Lamps, Lighting, Fires, (candles?) paintings, funky decco. These could be sold in a City Center Novelty Shop.

There are so many more possibilitys to make the game even deeper. A while back I suggested different types of flowers with different meanings and messages written in the descriptions. (Like Jagged Allience 2) The Icon on the flower would be of a beutifull boucay, but when you place it in your appartment it would be in a vase. The description would be the meaning of the flower. Synthetic Red Rose for Love, Wasteland Weed for Good Times, etc.

Sleawer
02-07-04, 11:09
Hey Odin and co., any word if there will be level 4 and 5 appartments, or even huge millionarie appts with several floors and many space to decorate?

IceStorm
02-07-04, 12:59
You can place cabinets but not indefinitely.What is the cabinet limit, meaning what's the maximum number of inventory "slots" possible in a single apartment? Are our cabinets still limited to the oddball 33 number of items that they are now?
Even trade skillers spent their time in plaza.No safezones in BDOY, remember? We'll be spending more time in our apts instead of waiting to be shot at by kiddies in Plaza.

ROZZER187
02-07-04, 13:00
stop teasing already lol i want doy, cant wait for the movie clip for doy to come out :)

Necrosadistic
02-07-04, 14:24
Would be cool if items dropped in your apt did not decay anymore and there was some bin for them...

I wish I can make my Cron apartment look like as much of a hellhole as my place in real life!

Maybe they should make some chairs with hidden gatling installations that would kill any trespassers? :p

Jeros82
02-07-04, 14:41
So when B: DOY comes we'll be able to have more cabinets in our appts then the max limit of 10 ???

darkservent
02-07-04, 15:39
Blimey KK, This is sick i mean so sick u guys will own MMORPGs, with the release of WOW and FOMK i think uve proven urself with these peeks. This is just so fuckin amazing. Fuck all the whinin thats on this thread u guys worked hard and hope it pays off. Just would like to have some input on the FRE situations and the number of crashes that happen. Would be nice.

athon
02-07-04, 16:32
They're still using that damn logo. o_O

Athon Solo

Sorontar
02-07-04, 18:39
Cool

Another hint that BDoY will put the RP back in the MMORPG by making NC a more rounded game with a greater appeal. A true Shadowrun / Cyberpunk virtual world and not just a frag-fest.

Just trying to decide whether I want to apply for Beta .......... may be more fun to get the suprise on retail release.

Darak
02-07-04, 19:22
Just a little quibble. Are there any functional changes to appartments being implemented, such as joint access ? or is this just an eye candy thing ? I mean i'm all for more cabs etc but if you want to compete with the fluffy bunnynest of SWG it might be nice to be on a par with the functional side as well.

kbmg
02-07-04, 19:36
Speaking as a tradeskiller I accually bought a level 3 apt so id have something nice to look at while constructing and so id have cabs near my gogo. it has been my dreeam since original beta to be able to move all my cabint near my gogo so i can better sort things.

Of all the peeks the apt peeks intrest me most. i care little for fighting related peeks. fighting will be fighting and to me it tends to all look the same
in screen shots at least. after apt peeks icon custimization or constructing peeks apeal to me.

i may be in the minority (although the other responces in this thread imply the reverse) but i am only speaking for myself. cabinets will be the apt best seller im sure. perhapse multible gogos and stuff. I also like the idea someone had of some apt furnature being droped as loot...make people feel that they have earned it. maybe not cabinates or gogos...... but chairs or wall art and stuff.

and stuff apropriate for common hunting ground areas like mounted rats or spiderleg chairs from sewer 1s, or a mech turtle lamp from tech haven. even in stores i would pay for tropys of my favorate haunts.

Logan_storm_03
02-07-04, 19:43
it will deffenctly make ur app much more usable and encourage it to be used more. Coz at the mo they are a good idea but they are just used as a anoying gogo you have to genrep to.

Pfehh
02-07-04, 19:58
I really liked the residential system in BDOY, and it seems KK has taken a good cue from them regarding apartments and decoration. It's definitely something I think people will spend a lot of time working on. People often complain there's nothing to do with their money if they're not constantly trading MC5 parts, but if you're trying to pimp out your clan and personal apartments, you finally have something to do with all your money.

Plus, you know you wanna trade someone a sofa for a rare, you just know it.

Maloch Octavia
02-07-04, 20:51
Whats KK's job to to keep their customers? Making people satifsied and happy...

Odin > You

These new apartments look great, finally, customisable living spaces!! Because some of us don't give a fuck about killing, because....

It's shallow...

That's why true FPS games were invented. Regardless what anyone says, PvP in Neocron is just one aspect, and a very shallow one at that.

Give me appies any time!! RAWRGH!!

Are we able to have secure access to authorised personnel? God I hope so.

darkservent
02-07-04, 21:25
Wot i love abt this idea is that PPL can set up there own personal estate agents where they can sell decorated apts and have varied prices dependin on the shit the place has.

-FN-
02-07-04, 21:31

How does he steal my thoughts like that :( People who think NC, especially as an MMORPG, is all about PvP are so short-minded.

Bring on the wall-mountable mob heads for my apartment :D

Eddie
02-07-04, 21:37
Wot i love abt this idea is that PPL can set up there own personal estate agents where they can sell decorated apts and have varied prices dependin on the shit the place has.

That's a good point that!

If furniture can't be made.. then why not sell fully furnished apartments for those who do not have the time and effort to make their own?

I, for one though, would love to fiddle everything in my apartment until I'm completely happy with it =)

Eddie

ichinin
02-07-04, 23:03
I particularly like .. wrong word... LOVE the weapon mounts on the wall. (I made some similar things for weapons in a furniture mod for Morrowind.)

SWG was a real PITA to get weapons in position on the walls.. (stack items, place weapon on top, move it, rotate it.. sucks)

I have a request though: I want one piece of furniture, would it be possible to scan Vet's head into the game and put it on a stick?

[D]est
04-07-04, 11:22
Erm, the trailer now comes wensday 7th? instead of monday 5th? :confused: :(

IceStorm
04-07-04, 12:04
Wot i love abt this idea is that PPL can set up there own personal estate agents where they can sell decorated apts and have varied prices dependin on the shit the place has.I'd wait for KK to state that apartments are transferrable before you get all excited. There's still a post in the Annoucements forum by Odin which states apartments aren't transferrable (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=44395). KK has never clarified what that means.
Erm, the trailer now comes wensday 7th? instead of monday 5th? Yeah, some scheduling mix-up with 10tacle, I believe it was. Originally he was told the 3rd, but that made no sense since it was a weekend so KK made it the 5th, then they found out it was the 7th, so now it's the 7th. It's some release coinciding with the publisher, or something.

Oath
04-07-04, 12:04
est']Erm, the trailer now comes wensday 7th? instead of monday 5th? :confused: :(

It was mentioned some time ago that the magazine/website/company that are hosting it are running late, therefore the video will be 2 days later than originally thought.

jernau
04-07-04, 17:52
Peak - Great even if it's sort of a repeat
Logo - :( :mad: :confused:
Odin - :lol:

Question 1 - Can we get a final and definitive statement on apt transfers - is it going to be 100% safe in BDOY?
Question 2 - Why do some people put a colon in BDOY?
Question 3 - Who isn't adding the peeks to www.neocron.com (http://www.neocron.com) anymore?
Question 4 - How the hell can you tell the sky is improved, there's a tiny amount visible?

olavski
07-07-04, 06:02
Looks pretty sweet.

But, as mentioned a thousand times before: Can someone please clarify whats going to happen with appartments? (e.g. DoY hostile apts in NC, transferred ?)