PDA

View Full Version : End of a Era

YoDa-UK
01-07-04, 10:38
I have one question to put to people........

What is your view on the point to take and hold an outpost?

I ask this question as i hang my outpost fighting boots up.

Yes im not going to fight over an outpost anymore, i will just pk enemy and thats about it in the game, i don't find lvling or hunting mobs any fun and never did, outpost fights was the game for me but lately playing on saturn i find myself hating it more and more and end up just going out on random hits.

[ edited ]

So my question, those who do still fight for an outpost, i must ask you as to why you do it, and try to give me something more in depth than "its all we got left todo as capped chars" coz i used that one myself years ago.

I just don't know, with the way the game is setup atm it seems pointless to try and take a outpost or even defend one unless you bring entire factions, is this because of the state of the game with server populations? im not sure, maybe, there are some factions who do have a lot of active people, and others that are obviously less so, but the game mechanics don't allow anything to aid the smaller guy.

Well anyway my op days are over, i will try and take what pleasure i can now from pking and generally being a pain in my enemie's side, doing what i can.

Judge
01-07-04, 10:47
I feel the same way about ops dude.

Never liked them.... and my playstyle was just not suited to them at all. :(

Random PK sprees are fun. :D

phunqe
01-07-04, 10:55
Well, when we take ops we do it for fun only basically.
We know we cannot keep them, since most of our clan members are online during evenings CET only and the OPs are always taken back when we have like one or zero members on.

For me (in the current situation, reffering to clan members and op mechanics) it's now only about the fight more or less.

YoDa-UK
01-07-04, 11:05
OPs are always taken back when we have like one or zero members on.

well this can't be helped, no one looks at the city com these days and you can't do anything about timezones when people play.

For me (in the current situation, reffering to clan members and op mechanics) it's now only about the fight more or less.

So if ops are taken over night when your not on, where is the fun of the fight for you?

Original monk
01-07-04, 11:24
the fun is that ya can close of all youre genreps yoda

SnowCrash
01-07-04, 11:25
Outposts will get much more sense with BDoY as they currently have. Also the way to hack an Outpost will be much more fun then before. Patience, young Runners, patience. ;)

Ferabukoo
01-07-04, 11:27
Outposts will get much more sense with BDoY as they currently have. Also the way to hack an Outpost will be much more fun then before. Patience, young Runners, patience. ;)
can we make babies together? or even bellybutton sex

YoDa-UK
01-07-04, 11:28
omg i feel honoured, Snowcrash posting to my thread!!

Snow m8'y please give me a reason to hold faith, i know you can't say anything as to details at this time, but will the defenders really be defenders and will we see a REAL change to the system to what it currently is ?

Original monk
01-07-04, 11:30
Patience, young Runners, patience. ;)

my loginscreen tells me that im about 50years, what do ya guys call old then ??

:P

edit: the way to hack an op is much more fun he: now ya got me curious :)

Richard Slade
01-07-04, 11:49

In just about ... 6 days... I will decide if I care for those words or not..

SnowCrash
01-07-04, 11:56
omg i feel honoured, Snowcrash posting to my thread!!

Snow m8'y please give me a reason to hold faith, i know you can't say anything as to details at this time, but will the defenders really be defenders and will we see a REAL change to the system to what it currently is ?

The only word regarding the new OP System I can say is: Hacknet
I can't really tell you more ;)

hinch
01-07-04, 11:59
more spy toys then

we wanna be able to use stationary guns in ops and them big rocket things especially when glider bombers come into play.

perhaps add a psi shield to the ops which requires 5 monks to stand at and activate terminals in fixed positions to maintain as a layer 1 defence.

then once thats droped the hackers can start hacking but you need a ground assault also

this is where teh big guns come in for tanks and pe's

whilst our spies battle it out against their spies for the computer network

if attackers spys win then their ground team must get in and activate the actual terminal within the op its self.

this way an op war team would require ALL class's and give them all something todo

J. Folsom
01-07-04, 11:59
I can't really tell you more ;)Somehow, I was expecting that. Just one final question, have all existing hack game required things changed to use a variation on the hacknet system or not?

As in, you'd hack a warbot, then would engage in a fight in a fight with it's security, most likely in an instanced hacknet "zone".

YoDa-UK
01-07-04, 12:01
hmm im not sure how to take that, would it mean some idiot spy can sit in his apt and hack an outpost?

hmm would there be more security with something inside hacknet to stop hackers, what does this mean for the fighters? does everyone need a basic skill to hack to get inside hacknet and defend it ? hmmm

GambitFlame
01-07-04, 12:02
As in, you'd hack a warbot, then would engage in a fight in a fight with it's security, most likely in an instanced hacknet "zone".

Now that i would love to see :D

phunqe
01-07-04, 12:15
well this can't be helped, no one looks at the city com these days and you can't do anything about timezones when people play.

Actually they do. For some reason people hack ops back when PPUs have logged off or when people have logged off in general.

But as I said, we don't have the spreadout of timezones to be able to handle it so I don't whine/complain about it.

So if ops are taken over night when your not on, where is the fun of the fight for you?

Our taking of the op (and the immediate adjacent defense)?

Xylaz
01-07-04, 12:27
Nice post Hinch

The problem of the op wars as i can see it now is lack of tactical options. There are no real security systems, fighting for OP is... just fighting, nothing more - which basically means there is no way to defend an OP when outnumbered 5:1 (or just flooded with ppus) because the OP itself doesnt help defenders in any way... And it should obviously, as OP is fortification...
I'd like to see more tactic and diversity - defending an fortress should be LOT easier than defending a factory, there should be some crucial spots for defenders which give them real advantage in fight (so attackers would have to plan how to disablwe those spots rather than just rush in and kill everything that moves).
So yeah - big stationary guns/rocket launchers within the OP for the gunners to use, maybe some force/energy/psi field (operated by spies or monks) and things like that.

ichinin
01-07-04, 12:58
we wanna be able to use stationary guns in ops and them big rocket things especially when glider bombers come into play.

Battlefield 2842 anyone? :D

Dru Blood
01-07-04, 18:05
enjoy your trip back to sunny pluto?

Doc Holliday
01-07-04, 18:30
I can't really tell you more ;)

Hmmmz0r ;) do his posts remind u of the frustration u feel when u go to a classy lapdancing club. all those good looking women. nice music. great atmosphere. but the most frustrating thing of all is u can look but not touch. here u can read but not know...... :p

SnowCrash
01-07-04, 18:31
Well if you organise me enough good looking female lap dancers then maybe we can make a deal? j/k :D

Doc Holliday
01-07-04, 18:37
will cheap pr0n of the internet do snow. :confused: :wtf:

I have plenty of it. ;) :lol:

ufora
01-07-04, 19:39
to win

phunqe
01-07-04, 19:45
Well if you organise me enough good looking female lap dancers then maybe we can make a deal? j/k :D

*offers Mr Crash a completely innocent and normal brownie*

*waves with a hawaiian skirt*

Sooo...... *glances at Yoda*

:p

JackScratch
01-07-04, 19:48
This is what I realy love. "OP fights or Random/Faction PK. Those are the only 2 options, nothing else to do in the game." You people are unimaginative and boreing. Here is a clue, you dont realy like this game, you like a different game, and are trying to play it, within this one.

Shadow Dancer
01-07-04, 20:29

Oh baby. Now that's what I like to hear.