PDA

View Full Version : DoY Bots. WTF?

Sorin
01-07-04, 07:52
Okay, DoY bots (the 90/90 johhny 5s) have to be doing something other than pure xray. I don't see any other reason why my spy should be taking 100 damage per shot when I've got 181 xray resist. My resists are 181 xray, 100 energy, 224 piercing, 176 force, and no fire. Yes, this is cleary a PvM spy with those resists (setup for warbots/doy bots).

Not using a deflector or shelter. I'm not gimpifying for shelter, and a lot of good a TL 3 deflector will do against johnny 5. So, any ideas? Fire damage maybe? Sure they are 90/90, but 100 damage each shot with those resists? NOT pure xray. My pistol PE with less than half the xray takes less damage than that.

seraphian
01-07-04, 07:55
AFAIK they *do* do mostly pure X-ray damage... the thing is that it's so obscenely high that it can cut through even a spy like they were standing there in their underwear. This observation is based on the fact that adding or removing an energy defense belt (a heavy) had no effect on damage, and a tank in Inquisitionarmor gets eaten apart VERY quickly (also learned to ALWAYS check what kind of armor you have equipped before heading out, especially after you've just been hunting firemobs.

Clive tombstone
01-07-04, 07:57
jeez, have those Scouts and guys ever been toned down? if not, WHY not?

JackScratch
01-07-04, 08:37
Resists are modified by CON, PE has higher CON. This is a guess, the modification thing is fact, but Im not certain its your prob. Also there is/was a log in bug, you wouldnt have the full effects of your stats for a while after you logged in.

Epsilon 5
01-07-04, 08:44
Resists are modified by CON, PE has higher CON. This is a guess, the modification thing is fact, but Im not certain its your prob. Also there is/was a log in bug, you wouldnt have the full effects of your stats for a while after you logged in.

No. Not at all

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477

See bottom of post. Con resists are based on the resist itself and nothing else.

le noob
01-07-04, 11:49
they do force and xray i thought not just pure xray

SorkZmok
01-07-04, 11:53
The damage they do also varies alot somehow. At least when i'm hunting em on my pistol spy, sometimes i get hit for 10 dmg, sometimes for 130.

No idea what dmg exactly they do, i think its xray and pierce/force. But i got 150 or so xray and a shitload of pierce/force. They still hurt.

le noob
01-07-04, 11:57
i think it only varies due to lag with server or between you and server they always did weird dmg spikes

svenw
01-07-04, 12:01
You can test it, when you switch belts. That way you should be able to find our which sort of damage the bots do. Take damage without belt and then switch through the belts.

GambitFlame
01-07-04, 12:04
I think most of the time with those bots its a mixture of all sorts, remember the Dome's technology is so far in advanced i dont think anyone really knows what they shoot let alone think they have a resistance, there are just too many variables...

OT: Has anyone been up the graves recently :o like 70 bots just in line of sight through the zone from Tescom 8|

FireWarrior
01-07-04, 13:25
Remember that DoY bots fire multiple bolts when they shoot so the varying damage could easily be explained by being hit by seperate bolts.

And yeah, they are the storyline mobs so of course they need to be stronger than your average WarBot (80/80)

If Warbots were at 80/80 when the first Dome war was around (and the WBs are pretty damn tough) then a minor boost and 90/90 rank seems fine by me. Research into new technology and materials and all that.

tomparadox
01-07-04, 15:45
DoY bots, like the ones in el farid, do so much dmg IMO because there loot sells from 2k - 8k... you can literly make 1 mil in a mater of an 30 min/1 hour hunting there, maby less...

JackScratch
01-07-04, 19:40
No. Not at all

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477

See bottom of post. Con resists are based on the resist itself and nothing else.

Yeah, I know that is their story, but I aint buying it. Sounds good on paper but Im getting different results. What about the Log in bug? Any thoughts on that?

Scikar
01-07-04, 22:23
Yeah, I know that is their story, but I aint buying it. Sounds good on paper but Im getting different results. What about the Log in bug? Any thoughts on that?
I guess you missed Lupus' big test then, when he went from 0 CON to 255 CON and found no change in damage whatsoever?

EDIT: Regarding the DoYs, I have a feeling it's do with where they aim. The majority of mobs e.g. Launchers, WBs, fire mobs etc. seem to aim for the legs. Thus they don't do much damage, but cripple your legs after a while. DoY bots seem to go for the head instead, so they don't cripple your legs as quickly but you take massive damage initially.

Epsilon 5
01-07-04, 23:21
there's a bug with doy bots, they can shoot you if they don't have a line of fire but still see you, and when they shoot you "copbot-style" they bypass your resists.

Notice you sometimes take damage and they don't shoot? Make sure others are watching you die out of nothing.

If you want to prove it, try killing a doy bot by playing seek-and-hide with one of those buildings in the desert, see how far you damaged it, then go fight it in the open. You'll notice you'll take less ghost-damage when fighting it in the open and often doing more damage than the other way.

I had that problem ever since i reactivated last april.

Oddly enough the doy bots in the tunnels (not the same as on top) don't have that problem.

Some mobs, like aggressors, have that problem too. Try hiding behind crates in the aggy cellars in plaza - you'll take damage and your resists will have no effect.

Of course i reported that several times but the bugtracker is like the brainport ...