PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else been stung by Project Entropia

MeWhiteWolf
01-07-04, 02:35
i cancelled my neocron account about 9-10 months ago when i thought i didn't want to play mmorpg's anymore...... silly me :(
i decided to give project entropia another go.
invested a little (i think the total of my deposits was $35-40 US)
played for a while and thought, hmm i think i'll switch on my NC Account again :)
now the bad part.
according to the in game withdrawl in PE u need $10US minimum.
cool well i have $25 left - i sold everything :)
but it keeps telling me that i need at least $10
AND that i will be charged $10 to withdraw it, which is NOT LISTED on their website ANYWHERE - i do check 4 strings u know ;)
so i wait almost 2 months to get my support and it says

2004-06-30 MindArk Support:
The limit is 300 PED, the 100 PED reference is a typo. The transaction fees are not fees issued by MindArk, but the banks handling transfers.

so now they tell me i need $30, when i have $25 (10PED to $1US)
now i have 3 months worth of NC account money tied up in PE.
they just don't get that they should have the fees on their website and that that way i'd have known and not bothered.

anyways anyone else have a similar story with em??

Kuuselaa
01-07-04, 02:52
Well I tested PE years ago, one guy gave me one dollar... server crashed, I didn't get money and that guy lost his 1 dollar. He posted to PE support and they said that they won't give that damn dollar :mad:

LiL T
01-07-04, 05:00
Well I tested PE years ago, one guy gave me one dollar... server crashed, I didn't get money and that guy lost his 1 dollar. He posted to PE support and they said that they won't give that damn dollar :mad:

OMG that is total bullshit they should get shutdown for that

tomparadox
01-07-04, 05:33
Well. Isent there some kind of law, that prohibets them from charging if its not listed ANYWARE on there site? if there is id report them.

NeoChick
01-07-04, 05:59
I tried to find this game on the web since I'd never heard of it and see it has to do with real money!
Never never never touch a game like that!

I briefly played Lineage2, published by a Korean co and also had the bad experience of a developer that to me did not seem quite kosher. That game is kind of geared to nearly force people into spending real money to buy game money, then I read on the forum that apparently the devs had a contract with these ebay type ppl so the whole thing looks bad

Anyway, hope you get your money back.

phunqe
01-07-04, 08:41
I tried to find this game on the web since I'd never heard of it and see it has to do with real money!
Never never never touch a game like that!

I briefly played Lineage2, published by a Korean co and also had the bad experience of a developer that to me did not seem quite kosher. That game is kind of geared to nearly force people into spending real money to buy game money, then I read on the forum that apparently the devs had a contract with these ebay type ppl so the whole thing looks bad

Anyway, hope you get your money back.

I did a quick check on eBay again and it's quite insane how many characters you can find there.

One guy is selling L2 chars from like level 15 up to lvl 50. A level 50 char costs almost $1000!
He have loads of characters to sell as well (he even offers level up service 8|). I do believe the people who say they quit their jobs and start playing games like L2 to sell characters...

darknessfairy
01-07-04, 08:45
Project Entropia??? Isnt that that game which had the trailer with that *really* dodgy bird with that odd accent, in pvc?

No way would i touch a game that you would have to use your own REAL money to get ingame money... That's just plain wrong.

I pity teh f00 who got sucked in by it...

ichinin
01-07-04, 10:52
PE is a waste of money, me and a few others that has tried it ended up here. It's bugged and ripps you off. If you are a ripoff artist and can live with the occational loss of money/items then you can survive in it.

I say stay away from that piece of crap.

msdong
01-07-04, 11:28
hey, at least you char is secure. they send me an mail every 3 month that my char would get deleted if i did not reactivate NOW :D

Original monk
01-07-04, 11:44
hehe, PE is a big rip off, i played it for a while and invested about 500 dollars on decent guns and armour ... after a few months i did notice how much this game is a rip off (the decay is immense and ya gotta pay top dollar for repairs)

luckely the armour etc i bought got worth alot more after i sold it (everyone wanted it at that moment) so i sold it back for top dollars and was lucky to break even (only due to being lucky with the armour cause huntingwise/miningwise i didnt had any profit)

i do know people that didnt break even and invested alot in this rip off game lol, i told em but hey ... its there money

he did got some serieus HOF's but still not enough to pay for he's ammo and repairs ...

stay away from PE, no kidding, i got lucky but i seen people wasting tons of rl cash on ammo, medikits and repairs

also: if ya wonna be any good, with the best armour etc ... be prepared to pay alot for it ... about 2500$ for a shadowset ... and that aint the best yet ...

im crazy yeah, but not THAT crazy :)

J. Folsom
01-07-04, 11:50
I can remember all the discussion here around Project Entropia when it first came out. Quite a bit different it was in comparison to what people say about it now.

On the other hand, every single MMO spawned/spawns those "OMG END OF KNEEOCRON!1!11111" topics, so I guess it wasn't just PE :p

Jailbird
01-07-04, 13:28
I was thinking of playing it with like 10 other guys. each will put alot of cash into the game and we would work as one group to make money.

but I realized that PE company wouldnt make money if making money in the game was easy. so I decided not to touch it :rolleyes:

MkVenner
01-07-04, 13:57
ive played PE for just over 2 years now, I play it on and off, i got a bout 3000 PED in cash and items, but i know some, like a guy called T-Rex, who has like all the high end armours, guns, a castle anda spaceship, he has about 200,000 PED i reckon, some people actually treat it as a job, but it is very well, rip-off ish, i mean EVERYTHING decays, and you gotta pay for it to get it repaired, you loose money at everything except what i do and thats trading, im actually making money but not everyone is good at trading.

Marx
01-07-04, 14:06
You pay real money to keep/get fake money?

OpTi
01-07-04, 14:12
you put in real money to get ingame money which your supposedly be able to trade/hunt etc to get more ingame money which you can then withdraw into real money.

In otherwords it's all a bit dodgy cuz really to make money you either have to scam be really lucky with loot or MkVenner said be good at trading.

i spent $10 (about £7) bought a shitty gun went out to kill some mobs, managed to kill something after 30mins of searching got the loot then crashed and thought fuck it.

Original monk
01-07-04, 14:38
ive played PE for just over 2 years now, I play it on and off, i got a bout 3000 PED in cash and items, but i know some, like a guy called T-Rex, who has like all the high end armours, guns, a castle anda spaceship, he has about 200,000 PED i reckon, some people actually treat it as a job, but it is very well, rip-off ish, i mean EVERYTHING decays, and you gotta pay for it to get it repaired, you loose money at everything except what i do and thats trading, im actually making money but not everyone is good at trading.

pregold items dont decay :P but i never did beta so i didnt had em lol

(+when ya rep those pregold items once accidentaly they will yust start to decay like all others.. its fooked, not to mention the price of these things)

and 2 bad i dont have any experience with the refund with PE, i know it costs about 100 peds to refund but myself i sold my pets to RL friends that are still hunting like crazy to get some HOFs

lol, fools, they spend about 100$ on ammo and repairs and get a hof of about 30 to 80 $ and hup there they go again ! :P

its crazy how much money that game swallows :)

altough a HoF system would be cool in neocron :) where ya see a list of people that had the luck they f.e. got a full mc5 chip out of a warbot or sumthing (like once in 10 million wb's)

would give hunting that extra drive, its a gamble and would encourage hunting, cause what if ! (ya got that mayour HoF) :P

(maybe if they get that strange book thing to drop extremely rarely they can also implement sumthing like this)

anyways, PE is and stays a rip off lol

MkVenner
01-07-04, 14:44
you can take money out, but the people i know of have a failed, and there is a percentage cut taken, i always thought that money went straight to MA (the guys runmning it) but you say it goes to a bank...fair enough

i jsut sell the money on EBay for like 20PED for $1.75 so im making more than if i withdrew, and there getting more than if they paid in just about.

have a look on my societie's website (www.deathlegion.com (http://www.deathlegion.com)) and look on the forums for a tast of how pissed off the players get, you could go on the www.entropia-pioneers.com (http://www.entropia-pioneers.com) which are sorta semi-official but there like a facist regime and you wont get anything on there that shows MA/PE in a bad light

formori
01-07-04, 14:46
you pay money to get in game money, no fucking way would i do that!!!

what a shitty idea, inother words, lets make a game and then charge people for in game things. and they control the items decay? nope, never touching that. and people pay to play?

MkVenner
01-07-04, 14:50
no there is no monthly charge, you pay for exactly how much u want

Original monk
01-07-04, 14:52
and another thing: there is NO tradechannel lol

to encourage the use of the auction ... wich costs you 1 ped for every item ya auction :/

says enough

MkVenner
01-07-04, 14:56
and that 1PEd goes straight to MA, so i rarely use the auction