PDA

View Full Version : Idea regarding soulight

LiL T
30-06-04, 15:12
Currently if you go below -16 SL you will drop 5 items based on TL then 1 extra item with each SL drop after -17 I might have changed since then I don't know.

I think that this needs to be changed as its just not possible to be a real criminal RL criminals don't really give a damn they do what they want. I should be able to blow someone away then try to run past the copbots down into the subway and If I get killed I only drop 1 item but safeslot is no longer safe. Also to prevent everyone becoming a criminal I think there should be a new faction called NCPD yeah runners playing as cops :) these players should do an epic to become a cop and they get a copbot rifle as a reward.

They can't drop there copbot rifles there rifles would be very powerful but to stop abuse they can't commit any crime or they will lose there NCPD status and the rifle. They can only kill low soulight runners below -10 SL as they would be law inforcers the anti-pk's the carebears whatever and that would mean they can't do opwars so it would be fair and they could not just do NCDP epic to get the rifle.

Well?

Clownst0pper
30-06-04, 15:18
For once Terror I agree :eek:

*shudders*

SilentEye
30-06-04, 15:18
Well,

It's kind of a fact that its hard to be a criminal because up on dieing then you loose 5 items, I don't like that.

Me votes yes.

I would love to play a cop that way, me and a couple of others are starting a Roleplay clan to do this (I'm not one of the people who set it up), but it would love to be "oficially" a CopBot and seeking out criminals!

S

Mr_Snow
30-06-04, 15:22
Yeah except that any NCPD shout kill anybody with minus sl because any crime in neocron is punishable by death.

Cpt John Smith
30-06-04, 15:27
Feel free to join in the fight against crime :-)

And goddamnit Silenteye, i can't seem to get you guys on to join.
I'll have to transfer leadership to someone that is on more than me.
Anyway, you guys will be second in command right away.
And i NEED help. tried to arrest everyone in PP1 yestday, and it didn't go too well :-)

Benjie
30-06-04, 15:32
PK -vs- Anti PK.

Yes, I like it.

.....and remove the safe slot.

LiL T
30-06-04, 16:53
Yeah and there is so so much more to make this game better and more fun with out ruining other peoples fun.

MkVenner
30-06-04, 16:54
true dat

Scikar
30-06-04, 17:07
Yes, but either remove safeslot for everone and increase tech part drop rate, or keep safeslots for everyone. Red SL will not be viable if only red SL players have no safeslot - they'll keep on with the missions and killing SL gimps to stay green and keep their rares.

Benjie
30-06-04, 17:10
Yes, but either remove safeslot for everone and increase tech part drop rate, or keep safeslots for everyone. Red SL will not be viable if only red SL players have no safeslot - they'll keep on with the missions and killing SL gimps to stay green and keep their rares.
imo remove safe slot for every1 and up tech rate drop.
It was fun when rare parts cost 50k-100k each, or you could get one by killing someone and taking theres.

LiL T
30-06-04, 17:15
The problem with this game atm right is you need a rare to fight rare > non rare imo rares ruined this game nobody gives a shit about the weapons in the shops . So yes increase drop rate who cares if every one has every kind of rare weapon at least the game would be fun and you would not have to worry about droping a rare weapon.

Benjie
30-06-04, 17:18
The problem with this game atm right is you need a rare to fight rare > non rare imo rares ruined this game nobody gives a shit about the weapons in the shops . So yes increase drop rate who cares if every one has every kind of rare weapon at least the game would be fun and you would not have to worry about droping a rare weapon.
Exactly.

btw I'm giving this thread my 5 stars.

n3m
30-06-04, 17:54
yes.

Birkoff
30-06-04, 18:00

I disagree if you want to be a criminal there should be consiquences (no i cant spell for shit i know)

I'm yellow/red a lot with the current system. Losing a rare isn't that much of a deal at theend of the day if we are fianlly aloud to play for longer than 15 mins without having the chance of losgin like TEN items. One is fine.

Love the idea 5 stars.

n3m
30-06-04, 18:02
I disagree if you want to be a criminal there should be consiquences (no i cant spell for shit i know)

I'm yellow/red a lot with the current system. Losing a rare isn't that much of a deal at theend of the day if we are fianlly aloud to play for longer than 15 mins without having the chance of losgin like TEN items. One is fine.

Love the idea 5 stars.well you kn0w ppl are after you arse, because you are wanted
Isn't that a con (:p)

Sleawer
30-06-04, 18:05
Ideas like this bring hope to the game.

Instead taking horrible measures to prevent crime and turn it unviable, we should have focused more motivating player roles to overwhelm criminals. Also SL hits should not be avoidable as now and positive SL points very hard to retrieve. So if a player ever steps outside regular PvP (faction enemies, anarchy and war zones, OP fights) and inside PK (faction allies, hunting grounds) it will become very hard for him to achieve his old status.

The problem with this game atm right is you need a rare to fight rare > non rare imo rares ruined this game nobody gives a shit about the weapons in the shops . So yes increase drop rate who cares if every one has every kind of rare weapon at least the game would be fun and you would not have to worry about droping a rare weapon.Or shorten the power gap between rares and non rares. Either way I agree.

LiL T
30-06-04, 18:16
I disagree if you want to be a criminal there should be consiquences

But the whole idea of why I would want to kill someone is the hope that they would drop a nice gun and it would be the same for them but they would be on the side of the law so maybe they where given a mission to kill me by the NCPD and get a nice cash bounty for my tag. I kind of got this bounty idea from EVE online it work very well in that game and its very fun players place a bounty on someones head cos they pked them or what ever and they would apear on the wanted list.

Edit:

Its a thing that keeps people playing and playing and then some more constant fun hunting down criminals that are wanted for crimes with a bounty of 3 million. Fun for the criminals they can form gangs and try and fight the cops the cops may have very powerfull weapons but they still get hurt and can be taking down

Budzilla
30-06-04, 18:35
I think this is a brilliant idea!

It would work great! Only if the Cops were not allowed to abuse the rights to kos :)

Nice idea, although these ideas are hardly ever put in place :o

Mr_Snow
30-06-04, 19:16
The whole bounty thing is exploitable like it is in eve, when your bounty gets high enough just got pked by a mate and divided the bounty between you the same would happen in NC too.

Sleawer
01-07-04, 14:49
Not really, some time ago when this was suggested for first time, we devised a random mission system to collect these rewards.

Basically if your standing with the NCPD was good enought, you could pick a bounty mission from their offices to hunt down a randomly selected runner marked in the Most Wanted List, with a fairly large timer set to acomplish this mission. Once you killed this person an special dogtag or DNA id code dropped, to collect your reward at the NCPD. If you cancel this mission, you cannot pick another until a certain period of time.

Of course this system has less freedom of choice if you are only after the rewards, but could be compensated with better rewards in XP and money, and would make it harder for exploiters.

ezza
01-07-04, 14:54
The whole bounty thing is exploitable like it is in eve, when your bounty gets high enough just got pked by a mate and divided the bounty between you the same would happen in NC too.
hey but thats like the good the bad and the ugly film.

at the start clint is working with that guy to raise his bounty, clint collects then they split it, so personally i dont see anything wrong with that.

plus depends on who is placeing the bounty, the guy has died thats all that matters, dont matter who done it and who collects, if the NCPD get wind of such scamers, they could find bountys placed on there head with real hitmen collecting the cash

Sleawer
01-07-04, 15:02
Well thing is that in Clint's movies the criminal is brought to the justice alive (or death, but anyway they dispose the corpse), so he can be executed publically... which makes me think in that idea of knocking unconscious before death. Then a criminal player could be delivered to the authorities, caged, and executed.

Not bad.

t0tt3
01-07-04, 17:33
KK biggest fuckup SOULLIGHT IS DAMNED!!!!!!!!!!
If they doesnīt do anything about it for DoY not many will return..........

Itīs hurts because itīs true :(

ou7blaze
01-07-04, 17:39
I love "accidentally" firing a moonstriker at the UG and somehow killing 2 NPC's through the wall ... now im -33 for no reason, and the OP was nearly ours -_- ... WHAT ... THE ... FUCK

LiL T
02-07-04, 02:42
I love "accidentally" firing a moonstriker at the UG and somehow killing 2 NPC's through the wall ... now im -33 for no reason, and the OP was nearly ours -_- ... WHAT ... THE ... FUCK

Well that shit needs fixing its total BS if there where players as cops you would be hunted down by a whole team of copbot rifled players :lol:

LiL T
02-07-04, 02:44
In fact I think soulight should go up alot faster once the player has been executed by the copbots and he can't use the city GR's