PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Death count on rares

Clyde
30-06-04, 12:26
Simple as can be, either have rares state how many runners killed with it. I think that would be tight, could add some incentive strictly for show.

SPIKE (pluto)
30-06-04, 13:11
omg i would have 112 etched into my cath sanc!

but really could idea, u could dertemine if somone just picked up the dogtags or actualy worked for them

ichinin
30-06-04, 13:12
This is a waste of the programmers time. If you want a killcounter, play UT2004

SPIKE (pluto)
30-06-04, 13:14
purpose against time, its a bad idea, but if a programmer get bored, it would be nice :p

Archeus
30-06-04, 13:23
Kill counter would be nice. Although what would really be nice is the kills are only factored in relation to your faction. This would stop killing for high scores.

Or have it for BDOY that you can turn your rare into a trophey and it lists details on the number of kills then.

Genty
30-06-04, 14:28
Why only stick to rares...some people don't need rares for end level PvP....

SorkZmok
30-06-04, 14:31
This is a waste of the programmers time. If you want a killcounter, play UT2004

ezza
30-06-04, 14:32
all though people saying its waste of prog time,cast your mind back to beginning of retail, there was a kill counter on the citycom(although it never worked) so it is something KK though of back then

Freaky Fryd
30-06-04, 20:22
Sounds like a good idea, but would have to have the following qualifications:

1) Only counts each person once, not matter how many times they're killed with that weapon (solves someone paying to kill someone 100 times to inflate their kill count)
2) Only faction enemies are counted - NOT neutrals or allies.

QuantumDelta
30-06-04, 20:23
And doesn't count neofrag kills.

Eddie
30-06-04, 20:43
.. and doesn't count newbies.

Why am I contributing a useful suggestion to an idea that I don't think is that good...

Eddie

Freaky Fryd
30-06-04, 20:44
And doesn't count neofrag kills.

I didn't even think of that!
Well, theorhetically...it would be set back the way it was when you leave, just like everything else.
But yeah, depending on the coding, they might have to be sure to include that.

Archeus
30-06-04, 21:18
Or you could build a system that matches rank+how long until last dead.

So if you kill someone who hasn't died after killing 20 others you get a mark to that effect that you killled a known killer.

Judge
30-06-04, 21:27
I like the idea of a kill counter.

Idea:

Kill counter Mod
Added to a helmet like mods are to guns (except doesn't need a slot)
Given to you if you kill over 50 different faction enemies by your faction leader, makes the helmet undroppable as well as counting your kills.

Sound cool?

Mattimeo
30-06-04, 21:50
woohoo move closer to quake with stats!

Judge
30-06-04, 21:56
Man... where is that quote about internet retards? I need to make that my sig.

pearl
30-06-04, 22:25
the fragcount would only have an rp value and as such you could aswell take a piece of paper, list your weapons and count your frags next to them on paper :)

if it would increase an items value, people would either kill their friends over and over just to increase the killcount or camp battledome all day long or... well they'd do many other stupid things.

so i must also say its not really needed :)

greendonkeyuk
30-06-04, 22:42
if you mean the maloch octavia quote then look below. :D I like the idea of a kill count but its way too open to people abusing it and would waste valuable time for other coding. Ive got splinters in my arse now so im gettin off the fence on this one.

Shadow Dancer
01-07-04, 04:13
OMG I would love that! But what about a damage count? Like it just keeps track of all the total pvp damage it's done?

Epsilon 5
01-07-04, 04:37
I'd say only count unique kills (no matter the time frame) so you know how many different characters got owned by that weapon - no matter rank, faction, soullight or location.

Only issue is the database required to keep track of all characters you killed or did not.

ichinin
01-07-04, 10:48
Oh yeah, then i want a counter on how many TL3 heals i've built on my TL 150 construction tool, how many rares i've done with my resstool....

Totally frigging pointless! Go play UT 2004.

Freaky Fryd
01-07-04, 11:27
ichinin, it's as pointless the strippers in PP.
It's something extra that adds to the game, that people will remember, and
some people will really appreciate.

It shouldn't detract from anything you currently do, so why object to it?