PDA

View Full Version : HC tanks nerfed speed

Scragman
30-06-04, 11:04
i was just reading the post about speed caps so i thought i would shove one up about this perenial favourite (probably coz im still drunk from last nite and dont know what im doing but meh). just thought i would help any niblets (and i know of a few on saturn) that still use pa on a HC tank for pvp...its a BAD idea, coz snails would be movin faster than you do, get a pa'less setup using duranium 4 or titan armour...you can still hit soft caps of 114 on all poison, energy, and xray resist and fire gets damn close to capping...

ezza
30-06-04, 12:05
bet i run just as fast as your tank even with my PA on

and the extra energy you gte from the PA can release quiet a few points to be placed else where(even with adding a bit to ath or agil whichever is the cons skill).
also has extra force resist(iirc) so helps against pain easers/terminators or libbys plus i get more HC

imo the benefits out weight the negatives

Benjie
30-06-04, 12:13
ezza.

imo Dura 4 ENR should be boosted to PA level. H-C PA should be good for it's H-C bonus, but atm it's too overpowered in comparrison to non-pa. Like you pointed out, there is abolutely no reason not to wear it.

....Or at least there should be dura 5 chest.

Another brick down from the cookie cutter wall.

Sigma
30-06-04, 12:16
[...]imo the benefits out weight the negatives
no it doesn't...

it still looks shite

btw u r slower with let's say 75 athl with PA, than 75 w/o PA :O

Benjie
30-06-04, 12:19
no it doesn't...
It does... and it shouldn't.

Either one should have trade-offs and trade-ons that are both balanced. PA should slow you down and give you much heavier firepower, Not wearing PA should not slow you down at a comprimise of less damamge.

*edit*

ezzas right. I tested it and it does fuck all to your runspeed except take away Athletics, which can easily be compinsated considering the ENR bonus. The animation is slower though. Thats why it feels like you can't run quite as fast.

ezza
30-06-04, 12:19
no it doesn't...

it still looks shite

btw u r slower with let's say 75 athl with PA, than 75 w/o PA :O
not really as in ops battles i used to run faster than all other tanks

Sigma
30-06-04, 12:24
not really as in ops battles i used to run faster than all other tanks
funnily i outran every PA-tank i came across, and i got 50 athl base :wtf:

btw. last time u didn't wear PA :wtf: :p

ezza
30-06-04, 12:27
funnily i outran every PA-tank i came across, and i got 50 athl base :wtf:

btw. last time u didn't wear PA :wtf: :p

my PA was broke so had to wear crappy armour.

at least i looked good in black...still not down with what happened but thats not for this thread

edit: i actually done a timed test a while ago, i might do it again with and without PA on to see results

Sigma
30-06-04, 12:40
how about making PA a WHOLE suit, meaning u only wear PA, NO other armor, it gives superior nrg-resists, makes u immune to poison, but has a weakness to fire AND slows u down by a SIGNIFICANT ammount (maybe disable running while wearing PA)

also u should be able to fire all weapons Fullauto IE a freq of 370/min and have shorter reload

thoughts? :O

ezza
30-06-04, 13:36
hmm interesting idea, not sure if it would work though, id actually agree on the poison imunity, i mean how can you poison a armour encased human.

but with the basically imoblie tank i could see then going down easier.

the problem people seem to have in regards to tanks is the speed more so with gun out, sounds like it would just make it even worse

Scragman
30-06-04, 13:46
meh...still think H-C armour is ganked, you can cap dmg and come close to cappin aimin on every wep without it, personally id prefer being able to run fast than have a lil extra HC but be as slow as, and get shot to sh*t

Sigma
30-06-04, 13:46
a PAed tank wouldn't go down that fast, because u wouldn't do that much dmg with nrg weapons (read HL) so u'd have to use fire weapons (dev/FA)

just imagine 5 PAed tanks with a PPU to support them :eek:

a slow moving force of destruction

maybe just deactivate running while wearing PA

Sigma
30-06-04, 13:47
meh...still think H-C armour is ganked, you can cap dmg and come close to cappin aimin on every wep without it, personally id prefer being able to run fast than have a lil extra HC but be as slow as, and get shot to sh*ti highly doubt that...

ezza
30-06-04, 13:50
meh...still think H-C armour is ganked, you can cap dmg and come close to cappin aimin on every wep without it, personally id prefer being able to run fast than have a lil extra HC but be as slow as, and get shot to sh*t
you saying without PA on you getting near 267% aiming on CS/mal/moonyand doomy?

unless your running around with beast on(like meh :D )i doubt it

Scragman
30-06-04, 13:52
meh...maybe not then, couldnt really remember...knew id capped dmg tho...and i never thought about drugging for aiming, will have to remember that for OP's

Sigma
30-06-04, 13:53
tbh beast isn't viable , because of the HLT-hit imo

edit -

meh...maybe not then, couldnt really remember...knew id capped dmg tho...and i never thought about drugging for aiming, will have to remember that for OP's
LOL

capping dmg was never a problem, but capping aiming is

Scragman
30-06-04, 13:57
yah...tis a biatch, want to get me hands on a Rav at some point but the parts for em really dont seem to be dropping.

About energy resist tho, u can soft cap (114) without pa as long as u have a haz on you, and u can soak up HL something nutty

ezza
30-06-04, 13:57
hmm not checked beast since it was changed to HC, the amount of heath lost is not major so ican live with it, since it also gives me more agility or athletics(cant remember which)