PDA

View Full Version : Rare Poison Beam... Question for devs

Token
30-06-04, 06:43
Okay, so what is the reasoning behing the fact that there is not a rare poison beam in the game.. we have a rare energy ( Holy Lightening) and rare fire (Fire Apoc) but no poison. In the apu class there are three main weapon types being energy, fire , and poison all 3 which have lower lvl beams and barrels and even rare barrels of. So my question is why is the rare poison beam neglected? Is it issues with damage or just the fact that the apu has everything else or what? Plz give us a honest answer as that is all we want to hear.

BombShell
30-06-04, 06:46
Okay, so what is the reasoning behing the fact that there is not a rare poison beam in the game.. we have a rare energy ( Holy Lightening) and rare fire (Fire Apoc) but no poison. In the apu class there are three main weapon types being energy, fire , and poison all 3 which have lower lvl beams and barrels and even rare barrels of. So my question is why is the rare poison beam neglected? Is it issues with damage or just the fact that the apu has everything else or what? Plz give us a honest answer as that is all we want to hear.

i see the posion beam as not having a rare gatling weapon. i just dont see y kk just doesnt add a sirly to posion beam :) and theirs ur rare posion beam :)

Token
30-06-04, 06:48
The CM epic is all arti gatling. It does a shit laod of damage and if you take on a apu with a poison beam even 5 slotted the apu is gonna lose unless he is buffed from ppu.

le noob
30-06-04, 06:53
could also be that there is only 2 imps and one type of armor that helps with poison resist too

Eledhbrant
30-06-04, 06:53
that depends on the POR of the apu, he may die a short time after you do due to the stack dmg.

and slots mean nothing as long as you cap the spell :p

Token
30-06-04, 06:54
The fact there poison is hard to spec could make a little sense.. but still :(

BombShell
30-06-04, 06:57
anyone forum join date is screwy because my join dat on forums was in feb 2002 i belived.

Token
30-06-04, 06:59
I joined in feb of 02 so i think it might be a little screwy

TheGreatMilenko
30-06-04, 07:58
i joined september 1928 i think mine is a lil screwy to

Ryuben
30-06-04, 12:09
anyone forum join date is screwy because my join dat on forums was in feb 2002 i belived.

wtf get on topic.

You can't have a rare swirly as u can't spec against it.

so posion is under powered and thats why ur not getting a rare green swirly (another) case closed NEXT!

Benjie
30-06-04, 12:17
The CM epic is all arti gatling. It does a shit laod of damage and if you take on a apu with a poison beam even 5 slotted the apu is gonna lose unless he is buffed from ppu.
laser cannon, rare nail gun, Lazer Rifle, grenades, Mimi-Rocket Launcher, etc etc.

Personally I think a rare Mini-Rocket Launcher would be of more use. A really hard to cap Non-Tech weapon would make going non-tech more attractive.

Another brick down from the cookie cutter wall. (although it was loose already)

Clyde
30-06-04, 12:20
uhh actually you can spec agianst posion. Ops, my bad that means that youll have to be weak somewhere else huh. Thats should be the hole point of the different type of dmg. if everyone can resist everything, drop all the nonsense and make it into just one subskill "RESIST"

Benjie
30-06-04, 12:24
Hello kids, and welcome to "Cookie Cutter Clyde's" thought of the day!

if everyone can resist everything, drop all the nonsense and
make it into just one subskill "RESIST"
Make sure to tune in next week where we will be learning how to remove even more variation from the game!

[THEME MUSIC] La La La Dada Da Dada La La lalal La LAlala... Tralala!! [/THEME MUSIC]

Sigma
30-06-04, 12:26
Hello kids! Welcome to Cookie Cutter Clyde's thought of the day!

Make sure to tune in next week where we will be learning how to remove even more variation from the game!

[THEME MUSIC] La La La Dada Da Dada La La lalal La LAlala... Tralala!! [/THEME MUSIC]
he was being sarcastic :wtf:

Benjie
30-06-04, 12:27
he was being sarcastic :wtf:
Yeah I know, but I couldn't resist. :p

Clyde
30-06-04, 12:37
actually my idea has nothing to do with cookie cutter ;) , and if you think it does, then you got some issues :lol: . If there was a rare posion beam that was strong, then people would actually have to choose 3 things to resist extremely well, while the other is lacking, other than the "cookie cutter" resist formula right now. but then agian like i said, they minus well just take everything and just make one subskill called resist, this way we dont confuse the newcomers :rolleyes:

Original monk
30-06-04, 12:53
yust give us a daamn rare poisonbeam, you know how cool a green swirly is ??

extremely cool !! see: a.poisonsanctum, FL, cs

and if that is waay over the top then give us a rare pure xraybeam :P

or even better: a xray/instapoisonbeam :P

or instapoison/fire

or sumthing like that :)

Mr Friendly
30-06-04, 12:59

simple, we have energy & fire rares, both of which are reduced by shelter

poison however isnt affected by shelter & therefore u could kill peeps quick even if they were ppu buffed - but cuz the ticks take so fekin long its impossible unless ur in a wastie zone

ie: a rare poison beam would enable an apu to even kill a ppu quick even if hes buffed

SPIKE (pluto)
30-06-04, 13:31
Rare poison beams are very difficult to introduce. To start with, the only thing a ppu cant protect themselves quickly against is poison (shelter + def = 0 extra poison resist, the only way it can be done effectively is with anti poison sanc), and hence the reason the poison dev is so effective. As well as this as apu i noticed that the non-rare poison beam is already extremely effective against, well, everything, and to add an even more powerful one causes shouts of 'nerf them' 'they're overpowered' etc. I expect that after kk tweak it and play around with poison damage, it will be added, but right now, its just not feasable.

Sigma
30-06-04, 13:51
simple, we have energy & fire rares, both of which are reduced by shelter

poison however isnt affected by shelter & therefore u could kill peeps quick even if they were ppu buffed - but cuz the ticks take so fekin long its impossible unless ur in a wastie zone

ie: a rare poison beam would enable an apu to even kill a ppu quick even if hes buffed
so ur point being is?

btw. i heard the spell crahn holy anti poison is quite handy when it comes to poisonbased attacks :rolleyes:

Original monk
30-06-04, 13:54
as a ppu i say the best spell against a poisonspell is yust a heal, even better a regular heal togheter with a heal sanctum :)

ya also have the single antipoisonspells, antipoisonsanctum and cath sanctum, same as the 2 regular cath ones (the ones no-one uses)

a ppu has decent level3 hazbuff (+ a poisonbelt when necesarry)

+ if they want they can even use drugs

any decent ppu doesnt dies of poison :)

this cant be a reason :)

Mr_Snow
30-06-04, 13:57
so ur point being is?

I think it is that it will make apus more powerful then any other class again and we would get monkocron again(if it ever really stopped)

ezza
30-06-04, 14:34
remember tanks with wargas modded devs killing all, you would see the same with the poison beam

Clownst0pper
30-06-04, 14:57
remember tanks with wargas modded devs killing all, you would see the same with the poison beam

Why do people feel the new for more content, is to add rare, after rare, after rare.

What we have now is perfect.

Dont clutter the rare pool any more- jesus.

ezza
30-06-04, 14:58
ya i agree, i think we will proberbly get a few new weapons with DoY so lets wait for that before we ask for more weapons now

Scikar
30-06-04, 15:36
As a Tank I don't mind, and I see no reason for PPUs to complain. With Holy Antidote and Holy Heal you can stand in the middle of Pestilence barrels with an APU chain casting them and outheal the stacks, especially if you know what you're doing when it comes to resists.

As a PE or Spy, I can understand, because it's very difficult for them to get poison up to a reasonable level without killing all of their other resists.

However, the excuse that 'it would be overpowered' can only be used if you are also against removing the poison damage from rare low tech melee and rare low tech drones.

Clownst0pper
30-06-04, 17:44
As a Tank I don't mind, and I see no reason for PPUs to complain. With Holy Antidote and Holy Heal you can stand in the middle of Pestilence barrels with an APU chain casting them and outheal the stacks, especially if you know what you're doing when it comes to resists.

that is the exact same reason why its pointless to have a rare poison beam

Sigma
30-06-04, 17:51
that is the exact same reason why its pointless to have a rare poison beam
then let's remove 95% of the weapons IG, because they do jackshit to a PPU :rolleyes:

Mr_Snow
30-06-04, 18:56
However, the excuse that 'it would be overpowered' can only be used if you are also against removing the poison damage from rare low tech melee and rare low tech drones.

They only do non-stacking poison and its only about a sixth of the total damage in the case of a paw of bear so its not comparing like with like.

LiL T
30-06-04, 19:02
Think about what happens when a tank fires his CS at a good self buffed PE the PE will try to or should dogde his fire and becuase of his buffs he is well protected. A good PE with good con resist setup will take over 10 full bursts of CS befor he/she dies but what happens when hes unbuffed he dies in a few bursts. It would be the same with a rare posion beam cos there are no buffs which add to protection against posion there for it would be overpowered. I don't want to have to carry another shit load of drugs to get rid of the posion stacks I don't have the quick belt space for them but if they simply made drugs stackable in the belt then yes

Original monk
30-06-04, 20:07
Think about what happens when a tank fires his CS at a good self buffed PE the PE will try to or should dogde his fire and becuase of his buffs he is well protected. A good PE with good con resist setup will take over 10 full bursts of CS befor he/she dies but what happens when hes unbuffed he dies in a few bursts. It would be the same with a rare posion beam cos there are no buffs which add to protection against posion there for it would be overpowered. I don't want to have to carry another shit load of drugs to get rid of the posion stacks I don't have the quick belt space for them but if they simply made drugs stackable in the belt then yes

theres the antipoisondope, theres a resist2boost, a viperkingarmour, low and medium poisonbelt, filter 1 & 2

PE's (who also have decent heals) shouldnt have alot of troubles with poison also, even if its a rare :)

but im not being neutral here: i love a poisonbeam lol, so i can imagine myself that same poisonbeam but then with a bit more power behind it and a pretty green swirly and im like: whoa !

power ? like the shamanstacks yeah, that would be neat :)

overpowerd ? yeah at 105/min it would, so make the beam cast abit slower, dont give it 200 mana to swallow nono, yust lower the rof, or make it a lvl 120 spell if ya wonna let it take lots of mana, but a bit lower rof wouldnt be that bad, aslong as it has power, or the "ticks" go a bit faster or sumthing like that :)

yeah, im all for that ffcourse, aslong as it doesnt gets in that rarepool yeah, a small epic wouldnt be bad, even cooler would be that you need to trade it at an npc for certain items like 10 flappereye's, some krinackdrugs and viperglands, or even sum new ultrarare items like a bottle off ancient poison ivy that only drops out of 120/120 poisonmobs like viperking, shaman or even a 120/120 spiderqueen :)

i dunno im yust thinking out loud, call it dreaming :)

Clownst0pper
30-06-04, 20:08
then let's remove 95% of the weapons IG, because they do jackshit to a PPU :rolleyes:

Well whats the point in adding a new rare if a PPU can just counter act it 100% instantly? :rolleyes: