PDA

View Full Version : upload issues --- does this ring a bell with anyone?

greploco
30-06-04, 05:25
I'm having upload issues -- it's a new service provider so I'll check with them in the morning.

anyone heard of this?

if I try to ftp upload any file it is extreeeemly slow, like 10-20 kb / sec and if all I'm doing is uploading the modem goes offline after about 5-10 minutes. it requires a reboot.

however, if I'm actually using the internet while I'm uploading the modem seems ok.

I think I have it fooled, I'm now downloading copies of Anarcy Online (about 1.3 gig) as I'm uploading files. it seems to be working, but I"m not sure yet.

this is cable internet

StryfeX
30-06-04, 05:27
I'm having upload issues -- it's a new service provider so I'll check with them in the morning.

anyone heard of this?

if I try to ftp upload any file it is extreeeemly slow, like 10-20 kb / sec and if all I'm doing is uploading the modem goes offline after about 5-10 minutes. it requires a reboot.

however, if I'm actually using the internet while I'm uploading the modem seems ok.

I think I have it fooled, I'm now downloading copies of Anarcy Online (about 1.3 gig) as I'm uploading files. it seems to be working, but I"m not sure yet.

this is cable internetI had this issue with my old cable modem and it turns out it was a KNOWN DEFECT with that particular type. I'd just call your cable company and say something like your modem is really really hot and won't cool down. That should get a tech out to you to replace it in a few days.

--Stryfe

greploco
30-06-04, 07:17
thx, I rip into the complaint department with a full head of steam tomorrow :)

I did manage to upload while downloading AO files though, the trick did work - upload was still unbearably slow though

jernau
30-06-04, 07:51
What is your upload meant to be?

20Kb may be all it's meant to do.