PDA

View Full Version : Complete rework of Op wars

Lexxuk
29-06-04, 18:33
Step 1 - Hacking

Upon hacking an Op, the Op's system is taken offline for a minimum of 24 hours, during which time the Op cannot be hacked by anyone. During this time, any Turrets dropped are non targettable, nor destroyable

Step 2 - Time Periods

Each Op, instead of being hackable 24/7, have a period every so often when the security of the console drops, during this time the Op is only open to attack then. The time periods are random, and anywhere from 30 mins to 3 hours opening. The only way to find out when a Op is about to open, is to use City Com and Outpost Information. Clan leaders, or the top 3 ranks also get a system message 15 minutes before a drop warning the security is about to drop, giving them time to mount a defence.

Step 3 - Op Turrets

Op turrets can only be dropped during the 24 hour period after a sucessful hack, or during periods when security is active. During the period when the console drops, any turrets which are dropped, are set to "off" and will not target or shoot anyone, but when the security pops back on again, the turrets take hold of the current Op turret settings.

Step 4 - Op GR's

During times of Security Drop, the GR rules are disabled, allowing anyone and everyone to use the GR to attack the base, this would allow reinforcements to arrive for the attacking team, instead of the team having to travel 3 zones just to get shot at.

Reasons

Currently an Op can be hacked by 3 people with hacking skills who can slip in when everyone else is in bed. Losing teams can just keep coming back every 5 minutes until the defenders get annoyed, or can just come back when the defenders have gone to hack the base. With this kind of plan, you would only be able to hack the Op's during certain time frames, which means if your not willing to have your clan on when your Op is open, you lose the Op, it also means more clans will be able to take more Op's, as it would be hard for 1 clan to protect 6 different Op's when 3 are about to drop at the same time.

Defenders will also have the advantage of knowin what times their bases are available to be attacked, so can have a defence ready, whilst attacking forces would be able to get ready to secure the GR to attack the Op. If they dont manage to wipe out the defenders before the Op closes, thats it, they cant come back 30 mins later and ninja hack. All bases would have to be fought to get, and fought to keep. If the defenders do lose, they cant wait for the winners to go offline then hack the place back, because the base will be closed to hack for at least 24 hours.

retr0n
29-06-04, 18:39
Sounds good to me.

msdong
29-06-04, 18:50
well, i dont think changing the OP system right now would bring any benefits.
i agree that there should be a "system lock time" where it is not possible to hack an op back but it sould start one hour after the hack. this is enough time for anyone to get the op back.

but it all make no sense if we get completely different OP fighting with doy when the hacknet is introduced. i dont think you are able to hack the console on location but have to venture there on the net or have to deal with massive security inside the op.

the time for big changes in NC are over until the DoY Beta. we need to see the gameplay changes to get an idea what possibility it holds.

this is a great problem i expirience from Pre beta forum to Beta forum. i have so many ideas in mind by imagination of the world but i get back to ground after i expirienced the possibilities.

Archeus
29-06-04, 18:52
How about... NO

The game doesn't end just because you log off and go to sleep. If you are getting hacked when your clan isn't playing then get somone to work through your quiet times.

What your suggesting is locking off the Ops and making it easier to lock them off.

Upset you have to walk three zones to an op.. OMG how lazy.

ezza
29-06-04, 18:54
How about... NO

The game doesn't end just because you log off and go to sleep. If you are getting hacked when your clan isn't playing then get somone to work through your quiet times.

What your suggesting is locking off the Ops and making it easier to lock them off.

^ iagree with this

msdong
29-06-04, 18:56
...The game doesn't end just because you log off and go to sleep. ...

hmm, yes and no. but to encourage people open up a clan and dont join the wining team there should be a "save time" on outposts.

Lexxuk
29-06-04, 19:13
How about... NO

I'm not in a clan, so the change couldnt effect me anyhow. And the only clans which could afford a 24/7 presence are the biggest clans, who can also currently own all the Ops because if it gets hacked, they can just take a large force in later to hack it back without fighting. With this method, you would have to fight to get and keep the Op, you cant say "pfft, we'll hack it back later" coz later would be much later and the defenders would know when to defend the base.

Currently, you get a message "ur ops bein hacked" u GR in, buff up, and have to fight thru people campin the UG, at least this way you'd be able to stay there bein prepared to fight, and lets face it, lots of people wanna fight.

Shadow Dancer
29-06-04, 19:25
Amen Archeus.

According to Snowcrash, the op war system is getting a revamp with DOY. So I don't think people should waste their time coming up with ideas to rework op wars.

Archeus
29-06-04, 19:32
you cant say "pfft, we'll hack it back later" coz later would be much later and the defenders would know when to defend the base.

On the other hand it means the OP is out of bounds for everyone to hack, so your basically handing an op over to a clan who dont have to play all the time to defend it.

Currently, you get a message "ur ops bein hacked" u GR in, buff up, and have to fight thru people campin the UG, at least this way you'd be able to stay there bein prepared to fight, and lets face it, lots of people wanna fight.

Then tell the clan your going to hack the op that your coming beforehand, or is it only the OP owners who want a fight?

Lexxuk
29-06-04, 19:37
It will in an instant remove ninja hacking, dropping turrets in a op war, coming back again and again to try to take an op, losing a fight so coming back later on to hack it when off peak is around. Small clans would be able to hold an Op, they could defend it, or try to defend it, and not log on the next day to find their op was taken whilst they are asleep.

The current system totally sucks. If you hack an Op, the clan you hacked it off will take it back as soon as they can, usualy whilst your asleep, and then they tend to lock down the GR's anyhow, so how is this idea "closing off" Op's as much as locking down the GR's are? With this method, your forced to fight for your Op, and if you have multiple Op's, your forced to fight for all of them. It gives everyone a chance to own an Op, not just the large clans who can bring in 20 people to take an Op from another clan whilst they are working, sleeping, doing other stuff.

Archeus
29-06-04, 19:44
It will in an instant remove ninja hacking,

There is no such thing as instant ninja hacking anymore. Defenders get a warning well in advance of the op being taken and can arrive with 0 SI.

dropping turrets in a op war,

Can't realistically do it anymore. You need CST skill and you can't stealth while dropping.

coming back again and again to try to take an op, losing a fight so coming back later on to hack it when off peak is around.

Like I said if you cannot hold an op 24/7 you do not deserve to own it. Sorry for the small clans, but if you want to hold an op as a small clan then your going to have to get other members of your faction to help you hold it if your incapable of getting members.

and not log on the next day to find their op was taken whilst they are asleep.

And what if you have a large clan on ready to take an op only to find the small clan that only logs on a certain during your sleeping time to hold the op. Fun? I don't think so.

If you hack an Op, the clan you hacked it off will take it back as soon as they can, usualy whilst your asleep, and then they tend to lock down the GR's anyhow, so how is this idea "closing off" Op's as much as locking down the GR's are?

Because they can take it back. So the GR is locked. Big deal. There is no where on the map that cannot be gotten to in a short amount of time (2-3 zones if that).

Everyone that owns an Op fights to hold them.

Lexxuk
29-06-04, 19:52
And what if you have a large clan on ready to take an op only to find the small clan that only logs on a certain during your sleeping time to hold the op. Fun? I don't think so.

See, knew we would agree <3

Clownst0pper
29-06-04, 20:07
For ONCE i agree with archeus, Stopping players from a side of the game for 24 hours, as some clan doesnt have the ability to always defend is bizzare.

Sorry no go :(