PDA

View Full Version : How does Stock-X work?

Kuuselaa
29-06-04, 14:50
I bough yesterday 12 CM stocks, trend was 2.73... and today they were 8.xx... And I sold them and I didn't get much money... So what I'm asking is how does this Stock-X thingy work? What should I be aware of? How often does Stock-X update... etc... etc...?

Marx
29-06-04, 14:51
The way it works is magical and mystical - it's also broken.

Benjie
29-06-04, 14:52
When you have almost reached your cap, you use stock-X as a kind of bank, because that is all it's good for since it got Nerfed. Apparently it's getting rejuvenated with DoY, but only god knows how.

(Dome of York potion of Stock-X rejuvenation)

It was loads of fun before the nerf, but caused so many problems. KK did good nerfing it, but then ultimately failed by not finding a sollution much sooner than this.

garyu69
29-06-04, 14:58
If you have time you should keep a daily chart of the value of each of the stocks.

They go from a lowest value to a highest value back and forth. If you can keep a good track of this it won't be long before you know when to whack a lump sum in.

I think you could make a lot of cash out of this.

Archeus
29-06-04, 15:13
It used to be (not sure if it still is) linked to the holding of outposts as well.

But its main use is a money dump for rich people who are over their cap and dont mind KK occasionally wiping out thier fortunes.

As for buying/selling you only really make cash if a Barter does it.

jernau
29-06-04, 16:30
Only luck can get you rich off it but as said it's mainly used to store extra cash. You can put just under 29mil NC in there spread over all the stocks. Overall the value of your stored cash moves negligibly and I haven't heard of anyone getting the stock-wipe bug for almost a year now.