PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of staying before DoY comes / Vet rewards

Marx
29-06-04, 14:20
Alright, just about every game out there has some sort of verterans reward for players who stay for X amount of time. Most of us have been here for the long haul so far - and many of us will continue to be here since we've grown accustomed and spoiled.

Perhaps before the DoY release they can add certain things to benefit those players who've been here. Perhaps add things like vet rewards, maybe up experience before the release so it would be easier for stuggling vets to cap so they can get going on the wisdom of ceres skills.

Communication between the playerbase and the upper tier KK folk runs hot and cold - sometimes its outstanding whileas other times its non-existant. Comparitively small things like this at least it gives the appearance of care, even if its something nearly worthless.

The thoughts that brought this up revolve around SWG's new info release talking about vet rewards and benfits to those who stay up 'till the space release.

:p

Mix that with the fact that Neocron is one of the few games that doesn't offer things of this sort.

Viola, this post is here.

Archeus
29-06-04, 14:30
You will need to read back, but people who already have NC will get some kind of benifit when switching to BDOY.

Marx
29-06-04, 14:30
You will need to read back, but people who already have NC will get some kind of benifit when switching to BDOY.
The only benefit I've seen was the "1 month of free play time with DoY!!!".

garyu69
29-06-04, 14:34
I suppose the benefit we will get is that we will be able to hop straight into the Ceres skills. I'm actually looking really forward to that.

[TgR]HusK
29-06-04, 14:39
you know... this might just be an excelent idea!

How about, adding armour, weapons, implants that you can only obtain and_use once you character (not account) is older than a X amount of time.

This way it makes rerolling less intresting and brings down the amount of char changes after a new patch a bit.

Say... if my character is 1 month old he gets access to VL1 (Veteran Level 1) items... give it three levels VL1, VL2 & VL3. This would add hugely to the game, especialy when combined with the Ceres skills idea's that doy holds. (offcourse also add other requirements besides VL's :p)

Don't make these items uber stronger, give them other cool thing instead, special eye candy on guns/armour, special mod access, (very) lightly increased damage (protection), that sorta things.

DAMN!!! SEX IDEA!!!

winnoc
29-06-04, 14:41
It'll be hard enough as it is for the new players to "catch" up.
No need to have the wealthy capped players get more advantages than they allready have.

garyu69
29-06-04, 14:42
That actually sounds kinda cool put like that.

and Husk definetly needs something to stop him re-rolling, sheesh!

Marx
29-06-04, 14:47
No need to have the wealthy capped players get more advantages than they allready have.Why should a new player be able to catch up easily with a person who's been playing since release?

Benjie
29-06-04, 14:49
You'll be lucky if you get a free half eaten pasta sandwhich delivered to your door.

Drake6k
29-06-04, 14:54
HusK']
How about, adding armour, weapons, implants that you can only obtain and_use once you character (not account) is older than a X amount of time.
DAMN!!! SEX IDEA!!!

No.

Jack Drake was my first character but because I was bored I rerolled him (same setup and class) to level again in my new clan. :(

[TgR]HusK
29-06-04, 15:08
No.

Jack Drake was my first character but because I was bored I rerolled him (same setup and class) to level again in my new clan. :(

I rerolled myself a few times, had the origiona husk for more than a year, then rerolled to pe, and now rerolled back to tank. And whats a few months anyway?

The items shouldn't overcap the person, just give them a chance to identify themselves, which is why I said, cool eye candy, like a rare laserblade with green color, a smaller cursed soul that doesn't take in half the screen in first person and has for example special colors, a new swerly look or placement, a mod the changes the damage type... say normal is energy(40) and fire (30) and then it gets energy(35) and fire (35) or something, think up your own ideas, post em here for crying out load, but don't comment withoud even thinking over the basic idea.
All my examples are just that, examples, I don't mean to say that a VL needs to require 1 month, if you like it to be 2 months or 2 weeks or whatever just so that.

If you really want you can make it account dependand instead of character dependand, fact remains that its a way for reakktor to keep players IN and going, and for vets to look cool :p

Strych9
29-06-04, 15:11
No need to have the wealthy capped players get more advantages than they allready have.This argument makes ZERO sense.

What about a year from now, when a new player decides to play Neocron. Are you going to be worried about the players that started playing Neo with BDOY, and the huge jump they have over that new player?

What about the player that joined yesterday. The people that have been playing since retail started already have an enormous jump.

The "problem" you are fretting over is NOT a problem. Its simply an unavoidable aspect of online games. If Player A starts after Player B, Player B will ALWAYS... ALWAYS have the advantage.

ufora
29-06-04, 15:12
most new - 1 year players seem to call us vets 'people with more money/stuff than sence', or at least it seems that way to me

if we are given something special other people will feel left out, and quit

Archeus
29-06-04, 15:15
Or they could have a babys bib with the words "Beta Player, ignore the whine" ;)

Marx
29-06-04, 15:15
No - because other people will have the same ability to get what you get given enough time.

ezza
29-06-04, 15:20
ive been for this type of thing long time, i remember UO used to have stuff for vets, you stayed for x amount of time and you got something or other, i remember you had to be in game for so long to get the black paint for the uber black clothes etc.

so stuff for vets in this game would be cool

Judge
29-06-04, 15:24
I say:

Yes to rewards.

No to PvP related rewards.

So give us something nice which isn't PvP related, like a special appartment or something.

Original monk
29-06-04, 15:26
ive been for this type of thing long time, i remember UO used to have stuff for vets, you stayed for x amount of time and you got something or other, i remember you had to be in game for so long to get the black paint for the uber black clothes etc.

so stuff for vets in this game would be cool

indeed, a special titel would be cool, an extra star for example :P

and wassup with the palladin title when ya done all epics ??????

he wassup with that ????

or like ezza said, white PA's or black pa's

im dreaming of a white PA for my ppumonk and hybrid and a black pa for my apumonk (one that doesnt require 20 drugs and gimpchips)

edit: drikie, ya mean like the dre epic ?? an appartment in OZ 1 witouth a GR .... daamn i felt ripped off when i had one ... and some people got uttrely lucky and got one in plaza 1, now that would be cool, but OZ-1 witouth a GR ????

do i have to take the subway to get there ? rofl, or walk 3 zones from OZstation :/

common, time is money, no-one likes timesinks :)

ezza
29-06-04, 15:28
im hoping for a nice shade of pink PA :D

Original monk
29-06-04, 15:30
im hoping for a nice shade of pink PA :D

yeah, or a purple pimphat with a giant feather on it :P for all betatesters

would be cool :)

(and make some competitions like: design a new factionlogo and give cool rewards like: nextgen videocards and new computers and such :P )

Selendor
29-06-04, 15:30
Or they could have a babys bib with the words "Beta Player, ignore the whine" ;)

lol. I suppose some eye candy would be nice, but where do you draw the line? Anyone upgrading to DoY I suppose.

Nice as it sounds, something tells me that KK will be rather busy at the time with other issues (like accidentally wiping all mc5's etc ;)

[TgR]HusK
29-06-04, 15:31
most new - 1 year players seem to call us vets 'people with more money/stuff than sence', or at least it seems that way to me

Which is why I said 1 month for a VL and up to a max of 3 VL's, most people pay their accounts per 3 months, won't take any new player long to reach a VL.

And if people like this game they won't feel left out, no they will long for the day that they themselves can use something like that and keep on playing.
If there quick to catch up and talk to the right people they can hold (most of) the knowladge and skill of a vet player within the month and be as strong as anyone with a VL1/2/3 just not yet looking as cool :p

Anyway, I've been thinking things over a bit, if we use that 1,2,3 months example vets won't be so special, so in my humble oppinion it should take longer, VL1 at 6 months, VL2 at 9 months and VL3 at 12 months.
And we should keep it to eye candy only, no damage/protection difference. - as thats already more or less ceres skills job.

[OFF TOPIC]
Btw if you ask me, a new player shouldn't even be able to cap within the week as it is now with the help of us here (vets...almost everyone who currently plays the game Beta player or not) and our knowladge of leveling, it should take more like 2 or 3 months, making it mean something to be capped, and after that time their character will be veterans story wise to o.O
[/OFF TOPIC]

Judge
29-06-04, 15:38
I disagree with the length of time to cap.

It should be pretty much a week if you really try hard and have your weapons built for you or whatever. Why? Because PvM in this game is shit. And it doesn't matter, because of the short time to cap and get stuck into PvP. If you like PvM thats fine, but don't screw over people who just want to get stuck into PvP.

[TgR]HusK
29-06-04, 15:44
I disagree with the length of time to cap.

It should be pretty much a week if you really try hard and have your weapons built for you or whatever. Why? Because PvM in this game is shit. And it doesn't matter, because of the short time to cap and get stuck into PvP. If you like PvM thats fine, but don't screw over people who just want to get stuck into PvP.

Hmm yeah your right, kinda forgot about the PvM boredom lmfao. - though I remember when I was new to game ... long long ago 8) ... I loved to PvM

Still I'd like to see some meaning to being capped - but I gues thats coming with the ceres skills more or less. VLs and Ceres skills ... thats the kinda sex I'd love to see coming :eek: :D

Judge
29-06-04, 16:36
Yeah, hopefully the WoC skills will be sweet.

Hoping for dual weild for my PE. :D

Clownst0pper
29-06-04, 16:37
Do you not think the fact that when you start you will have 4 fully capped characters with mc5 chips, and every weapon they will ever need.

Having the ability to do WOC missions instantly is a reward in itself?

It is for me

Kuuselaa
29-06-04, 16:46
Froz <3 Veteran reward idea :)

Original monk
29-06-04, 16:47
Do you not think the fact that when you start you will have 4 fully capped characters with mc5 chips, and every weapon they will ever need.

As a greedy vulture that i am: nopez, that isnt enough :P

But indeed, its not nice asking for a present, present should be given spontaniously :D

Ive been waiting since day one of retail till doy (in the first week of retail there where rumours that doy would come a month later :P, here i am a few years later :P ), all this patience and dedication deserves a small present not ?? hehe, ya see, a greedy vulture as i said :P

Even a rewritable datacube would be cool allready, with a small text on it like: here ya go mate, a cookie for you

would be cool yeah :P

But a white PA would be even cooler :P (not grey, white with red eyes)

hehe i can dream right :)

jernau
29-06-04, 17:21
We were promised several things all of which have now been retracted.

I think it's a great idea to give out some kind of RP item to long-term players. Nothing that gives them an edge but maybe a special armour (no bonuses, no reqs and undroppable) that won't ever be available again after DoY and only one per account for players who've been here a year at release.

Special apts or vehicles would also be cool.

Clownst0pper
29-06-04, 17:47
We were promised several things all of which have now been retracted.

I think it's a great idea to give out some kind of RP item to long-term players. Nothing that gives them an edge but maybe a special armour (no bonuses, no reqs and undroppable) that won't ever be available again after DoY and only one per account for players who've been here a year at release.

Special apts or vehicles would also be cool.

Personally, with the customisation that is going to be in DOY, id like a medallion given to all players whove been around for 1+ years, that you can wear around your neck over PA and such.

Now that would OWN

ezza
29-06-04, 17:49
Personally, with the customisation that is going to be in DOY, id like a medallion given to all players whove been around for 1+ years, that you can wear around your neck over PA and such.

Now that would OWN
see there ya go that sort of thing would be cool.

or maybe a tatoo on ya arm saying i am a vet :p

Clownst0pper
29-06-04, 17:53
see there ya go that sort of thing would be cool.

or maybe a tatoo on ya arm saying i am a vet :p

Even a tatoo or logo on your PA would be uber. Something for us oldies!! :lol:

formori
29-06-04, 17:58
or a drone in the shape of a carebear :D

well for vets money is worthless, so no point in that. i milky red despencer in our apts?

El_MUERkO
29-06-04, 18:00
i pay every 3 months for the game so even though i havent played properly in ages i'm still here, spirit broken, all hope lost, waiting for DOY without any real hope it'll save are game, i'll take tag a veteran reward, then i can show it to all the people i imagine are in plaza 4 the next time i log back on

jernau
29-06-04, 19:20
Exactly. Something like that would be ideal.

If the new system is up to it maybe we could have "I played Before DOY and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt" shirts :).

Shadow Dancer
29-06-04, 19:22
Why should a new player be able to catch up easily with a person who's been playing since release?

Tsk tsk Marx, don't think so black and white. He said it's hard enough already. How you came up with "catch up easily" from his post is a mystery to me.

I say no to Vet rewards. Just more ammunition for players to be elitist.

Marx
29-06-04, 19:32
Tsk tsk Marx, don't think so black and white. He said it's hard enough already. How you came up with "catch up easily" from his post is a mystery to me.

I say no to Vet rewards. Just more ammunition for players to be elitist.
He states it's hard enough as is, which I infer as "It's already too hard, *insert waaah waaah if desired*". A person who just started playing should not, and hopefully will not be able to compete with a person who played since release in terms of finances and equipment - That's common sense, that's no different in any other game.

Shadow Dancer
29-06-04, 19:44
A person who just started playing should not, and hopefully will not be able to compete with a person who played since release in terms of finances and equipment - That's common sense, that's no different in any other game.

Did *anyone* in this thread state that a person just starting SHOULD be able to compete with a player who's played since release in terms of finances and equipment? I haven't seen anyone who did.

Furthermore, it's already that way. A new player CANNOT compete with a vet, unless the new player gets twinked out by other vets.

Marx
29-06-04, 20:00
Did *anyone* in this thread state that a person just starting SHOULD be able to compete with a player who's played since release in terms of finances and equipment? I haven't seen anyone who did.

Furthermore, it's already that way. A new player CANNOT compete with a vet, unless the new player gets twinked out by other vets.
No one said that, that was the point I was trying to make based on uforas comment. Yes, it's supposed to be difficult for a newbie to compete - the fact that it in his/her opinion is "already too hard" is a good thing in mine.

ichinin
29-06-04, 21:47
You'll be lucky if you get a free half eaten pasta sandwhich delivered to your door.

LOL.

I dont expect anything really, but a reezas candybar would be nice.. uh - maby not, i get those daily in my appartments.

(I wonder if GM's sneak in and place them there, or if it's a DB thing...)

SWG players each got a Holocron last X-Mas - which was really cool. Entropia players got um..fireworks.

MkVenner
29-06-04, 21:59
Hehe still got my fireworks lol

n e way, we should get some sort of a reward for all this perseverance (sp i know). Shit loads of people have left but we've stayed...thats at least worth a few free Cron 55 beers