PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to loot?

NeoChick
29-06-04, 11:03
What has happened to the loot? Grims now give blades of grass and Doomies give intestines, kind of what rats give in the sewers

What mobs carry decent loot? are there any?

PS my tank is 58/59

Parappa
29-06-04, 11:09
Kill stuff VERY, and I mean VERY, close to your own rank.

IceStorm
29-06-04, 11:10
In Callash's vain attempts to get the Strange Book drop "just right", he managed to get the coders to bork drops on the mobs. He's since given up on the whole "Strange Book is the only way to get the Terminator parts" thing, but KK hasn't unborked the loot drops.

My HC PE is around combat rank 51 when fighting Warbots on his Reveller. He does ok with the actual valuable drops (Techs, Implants), but the junk drops still blow chunks compared to pre-patch.

LiL T
29-06-04, 11:13
What he said

Parappa
29-06-04, 11:15
It would seem that the amount of stuff has changed. (For me anyway).
For example GRIMs still give me techs and imps but always drop only 2 things. Doomies drop always 5 and so on. How close your rank is the more stuff you get.

shend
29-06-04, 11:42
fix the loot system and fix it fast
hunting has become a pointles waste of time.
with rank 56/65 i've got absolutely nothing to fight but scout units
the rest is shite beyond belief
there is absolutely NO FUN in hunting whatsoever, especially when u r capped

NeoChick
29-06-04, 12:14
Well I hunted grim reapers, chasers and Doomies for hours (I know that in off peak times loot has always been bad, but never this bad) and did not get anything I could even sell at pawnbroker (stiletto perhaps). Makes me wonder what the plans are for DOY, perhaps the loot will be like that in DOY?

I have a lot of tech parts so am not too worried about that, and lots of money too, but it does not really give an incentive to hunt at all especially if you are getting close to cap. And if yo spend all your money on armor (maybe loose some if killed, or wear and tear) and on ammunition, without getting anything back, then eventually the money will run out.

Small wonder stuff is now selling at auction I have seen for 40million????????

ezza
29-06-04, 12:15
there is absolutely NO FUN in hunting whatsoever, especially when u r capped
:eek: there was fun in hunting before?!?!

anyway, ya they need to sort the loot problem out, im sick of firing round after round into grims and getting a peice of glass for my trouble

Maarten
29-06-04, 12:20
Go to the test server and test the new loot drops. That way it can be released on the retail server faster.

winnoc
29-06-04, 12:54
I hope it gets patched in soon, as right now with the corrected agression ai of mobs (all wb's near go agro on you too again) it kinda sucks to take down 7 wb's at once to find only one T part.

ezza
29-06-04, 14:04
I hope it gets patched in soon, as right now with the corrected agression ai of mobs (all wb's near go agro on you too again) it kinda sucks to take down 7 wb's at once to find only one T part.
err thats the way its ment to be, i belive it was a cock up that made it so only the one you attacked came for you

winnoc
29-06-04, 14:09
err thats the way its ment to be, i belive it was a cock up that made it so only the one you attacked came for you

I used the word Corrected agression level, instead of Changed agression level :-)
And i know that's how it's supposed to be, i started my life in neocron as a rifle spy, trying to pick of lone wb's.

Freya
29-06-04, 14:35
the next patch will fix the loot, the patch is on the test server, check out the facts over in the test server fourm

|R@zor|
30-06-04, 02:13
Yes i agree the loot really needs fixing, glad to see its coming in the next patch.

Yesterday i spent a good 15 minutes killing a Grim Persecutor on my newbie APU, died twice while doing it and got a medical substance 5 as loot.

greploco
30-06-04, 04:33
yup - what they all said. grims are pointless now, they just take too long to go down. but since warbots go down fairly quickly you can still gather some parts through them in a reasonable amount of time.

(thx for the info freya)

J. Folsom
30-06-04, 14:04
On a side-note as to how you can get reasonably unborked loot right now... It seems that instead of just reducing loot when you have a far higher ranking, the loot currently also get's decreased when you have a lower ranking. Thus hunting something close to your rank will usually get you the best loot.

Not 100% certain it works like that, but it seems to do so based on observations I've made.

winnoc
30-06-04, 14:26
So that would be combat rank or static rank?

And i wonder if a rhino gunner kills a warbot and you have a 0/44 hacker opening it up, is the loot based on the hacker or the rhino gunner?

ezza
30-06-04, 14:30
i gotta disagree with what Folsom said, plus with my tank rank id have to kill launchers to get the best loot :lol:

as for the warbot, its the kill not the hacker

winnoc
30-06-04, 14:33
i gotta disagree with what Folsom said, plus with my tank rank id have to kill launchers to get the best loot :lol:

So, that would mean my combat hovertech driving 18/** spy should get awesome loot from warbots?

ezza
30-06-04, 14:36
not really awesome loot, you would get the same as anyone who is green to warbot, its not like a 18 rank guy is gonna crakcopen the warby to find 5 c10s 10 techs and a patridge in a pear tree.

you will get the same as as 50 rank killing the warby

Richard Slade
30-06-04, 23:43
blades of grass..?

J. Folsom
30-06-04, 23:46

Best loot as in most possible loot, not best loot as in getting full MC5 chips. :p

ezza
01-07-04, 12:42
blades of grass..?
nononono not blades, just a blade of grass, wouldnt be lucky to get multiple blades of grass

darknessfairy
01-07-04, 13:11
the next patch will fix the loot, the patch is on the test server, check out the facts over in the test server fourm

Freya, sweetheart (:D) When will the next patch be out... ?
If you only want to tell me, you are welcome to send a PM :lol: