PDA

View Full Version : (OT) Share all the Doom 3 info you have

VetteroX
29-06-04, 01:26
OK, so like my thread about HL2, share all your info/speculation on Doom 3.

As for running it, I have no problem playing Doom3 beta V2 at 1024X768 on a radeon 9800 pro 128meg, and thats the unoptomized very early version. Im sure I can do 1280X1024 high detail in the final release.

As for monsters, we have:
Skinny zombie (pussy, goes down in 4 bullets, but sometimes gets up)
Fat Zombie (goes down in 5 bullets cansometimes get up again)
Imp (moch more deadly then doom 2, fireballs are kinda weak and short range, but hes fast as hell, hurts up close, and takes a good amount of hits)
Pink Demon, (now the 4 legged 1/2 cybernetic demon surpisingly weaker then imp, he will ******** you if he gets close but you can drop him in 1 pistol clip, or 2 shotgun blasts)
tenticle/minigun humanoid zombies(at first i thought they were former human commandos, but apparently tey are pure grown demons from hell, probably standard infantry)
Hell Knight (a lot diff looking in doom 3, has no fireball, ties in about 60 bullets or about 7 shotgun blasts)
OK thats all the monsters ive fought.... we have the revenant, former guards that are now zombies with assult rifles, chainsaw zombies, lost souls, head crabs (diff then HL) Arch Vile, some baby faced imp thing that flies. Thats all Ive seen.... I havnt seen the flying tomato or the flying tomato that shots out lost souls.

From my tests in beta, though I nknow it doesnt represnt the final enterly, there is no locational damage.

As for weapons, we have a 12 round, I think .45 cal pistol, a 5 round shotgun (military shotguns have more rounds...) an assult rifle with a 60 round clip, no secondary fire, a rocket launcher, a plasma gun, a minigun, and I belive I read there is indead a BFG9K. Also a chainsaw and fists. Havnt heard if theres a double barrel sawed off or not, we can only hope.

You pick up health and armor just like in the other games. There will be some objectives, such as fixing damaged machinery to advance, say an oxygen pump to a room for example. You also meet other living people, scientists and solders.

The release date is currently Aug 3.

So, does anyone know more then that? Please tell if you do, please tell.

Mumblyfish
29-06-04, 01:27
Someone try to make me excited about Doom 3. Looks pretty boring to me...

Ready, set, go!

Marx
29-06-04, 01:29
Special collectors edition is due out in August - public release will be sometime soon after.

Kuuselaa
29-06-04, 01:30
Ultimate Doom = Ownage :D

Well Doom 3 is going to have some scary sounds and long hallways... 8|

Spoon
29-06-04, 01:36
The release is August 3rd?

gahhh.....

I heard it was July 20th....

:confused:

Or is it HL2 comes out July 20th?

:confused:

Judge
29-06-04, 01:38
Is BETA closed or open?

VetteroX
29-06-04, 01:47
lol... lets just ay your not suppost to have it but some of us do anyay, just like HL2 alpha/beta. Its only 6 "demo" levels showing off the engine and game play. once you have done it once you can plat through any of them in under 2 mins.

NS_CHROME54
29-06-04, 01:47
doom 3's gameplay pace will be far different than any of its predecessors. all other doom games were violently fast paced, doom 3 will be deliberately slow and plodding most of the time, to add to that fear and foreboding atmosphere. looks pretty cool to me.

EDIT: also doom 3 won't be pitting you against seemingly infinite numbers of monsters, wave after wave, but very few monsters in fact.

VetteroX
29-06-04, 01:58
yes the little Ive played is awesome, very scary, play with the lights off and turn up the surrond sound. I cant wait for the final version. Cant wait to pick up the good old mingun again.

bounty
29-06-04, 03:51
yes the little Ive played is awesome, very scary, play with the lights off and turn up the surrond sound. I cant wait for the final version. Cant wait to pick up the good old mingun again.
There better be a chainsaw. That axe in quake was nice, but just didn't quiete cut it imo.

SynC_187
29-06-04, 09:58
No comment.

Signed an NDA

VetteroX
29-06-04, 10:19
what was the point of posting then?

Archeus
29-06-04, 10:26

To show off.

I hear in the game you have to collect "Doom cards" which you use on the end guy in a turn based card game. Got to collect them all.

Mumblyfish
29-06-04, 11:04
I hear in the game you have to collect "Doom cards" which you use on the end guy in a turn based card game. Got to collect them all.
I'd play it. Sounds more fun than Doom III as it is o_O

SynC_187
29-06-04, 11:23

I'd already clicked reply and changed my mind, so I wrote something :p

VetteroX
29-06-04, 21:34
PM me the info then, I wont tell anyone and i wont post it on a site, I just cant wait for the game and want the info.