PDA

View Full Version : Solo PPU's

enigma_b17
29-06-04, 00:54
Alrite, atm its extremely hard to lvl a mid-high lvl ppu, whom is on his/her own, due to the lack of offence they have, which is great since theyr defence is high. How about a spell which reflects damage away from the ppu. Now of course this would be 2 powerful as it would make the ppu nearly invincible and also give it a way to attack. There would be 2 versions of this as a result of this. One for energy based attacks and one for piercin/force attacks. When a ppu casts Deflector and the deflector version of this reflection spell, it reflects any piercing/force attacks, however, the reflector it cast on itsself, replaces the shelter so it would make the ppu completely open to energy based weapons and vice versa. This could go a long way to giving ppus some way to lvl on their own, without the constant need for a team or avin to resort to a tl3 pistol. Just to make sure this wasnt abused in pvp, from Runners the damage returned would be 75% less then the initial attack, so it would take ages and ages to reflect that kind of damage. Just an idea, any thoughts? hope i explained it clearly enuf :)

retr0n
29-06-04, 02:34
So you mean like cast it onyourself, then go and stand infront of mobs and
the dmg would be reflected onto them instead of hurting you?

Sorry but i dont like it, it's open to so much abuse but i'm not goin to post it
cause it will prolly get edited anyway.

- Primate

enigma_b17
29-06-04, 02:35
well sort of yea, i dont think its open to abuse as long as its toned down in mc5 :)

zii
29-06-04, 03:32
Idea was first meantioned as a special spell for hybrids as a mixture of ppu and apu to add to it.

In either forms I'm against this having thought about this again. As meantioned above, you could stand there healing yourself as your dmg reflecting spell dishs out the damage to the mods (and/or players). Where is the skill in that?

enigma_b17
29-06-04, 03:41
well now its not perfect but in order to reflect force damage ud ave to sacrifice the nrg protection a shelter gives

Zaq
29-06-04, 13:28
I don't think levelling a PPU is that hard.

Yes you have to team, but thats what you accept if you decide to make a PPU.

Nice idea, but i think they should improve SC's instead

Crest
29-06-04, 14:11
You have options if you want to level ....

Hybrid / Team
Leveling monks are the hardest, and for a reason ... They are so powerfull when there big...

Why have a PPU if you not going do what PPU's do ... look after others...

The benifit o a APU using a PPU is ... long life, and no death against mobs. They have to pay for this by paying exp to PPU's .... its the way the game is

As I said ... if you want to inclict damage you can
1) Hybrid
2) Pistol PPU (Not lots of damage and the mobs aren't gnna be hi enough
3) APU
4) Another Class

n3m
29-06-04, 17:31
[edited]
errr nm :p

you can't always team, and hybrid makes you lom at high-ish level

enigma_b17
29-06-04, 17:42
yea n3m thats what i mean, a ppu can only effectively lvl when other ppl are around, which fair enuf is what u choose when u choose a ppu as it is a support character. However a ppu must be able to lvl on his own using his main skill. This spell is 90% an idea for pvm, I mean the effect would be either decreased to the point of doin little damage or just banned from pvp altogether. Its just a thought :P

Shadow Dancer
29-06-04, 19:27
No. They are already invincible against 95% of the mobs in this game.

Archeus
29-06-04, 19:37
It would have to reflect a small percentage and transfer the rest as damage. If it reflected all damage then it would be too powerful.

Anyway it is impossible to level a PPU. Your better off levelling as a hybrid, then switching to APU then lomming to PPU when close to cap. If your playing solo.

But a PPU is a team character. You will get more XP teaming.

msdong
29-06-04, 19:45
No. They are already invincible against 95% of the mobs in this game.

does it make a big difference to othere chars that are invincible to 90% to all mobs and deal damage ?

to the main idea i say a big no. the PPU should be leveld in team. everything els would lead to even more ppus them we have now. on prime times you have 2 ppu on a cave party and this is too borin.

btw- ppl play much carefully in caves when there is no ppu around and still are able to do it.

Shadow Dancer
29-06-04, 19:46
does it make a big difference to othere chars that are invincible to 90% to all mobs and deal damage ?

Can you rephrase, I'm not sure what you're getting at exactly.

giga191
29-06-04, 19:48
Make a ppu weapon that only attacks mobs and not players. Problem solved

Mr_Snow
29-06-04, 20:12
Make a ppu weapon that only attacks mobs and not players. Problem solved

means only ppus would go to mc5 and the doy tunnels then and because of the invincibility factor they would be shit easy to level.

no other character is invincible to mobs they just dont die if they are careful and use terrain as cover whereas ppus stand there and soak the damage with not obvious effect against most mobs.

Crest
30-06-04, 13:35
How cool, New Headlines ....

PPU Solos MC5 .... Now thats more power than an APU

Me thinks this would never be looked at

Scragman
30-06-04, 14:08
lol yeah...the reflector idea is interesting, but no use for OP wars coz u generally de-buff a ppu before spankin it