PDA

View Full Version : drones = over powered

Ryuben
28-06-04, 16:42
simple as it says.

Reasons.
Pros

- Attack > normal spy attack (by alot for some a little for others)
- Defence > normal spy defence (by alot)
- Movement > very manoverable
- Target box > Insanely small target box
- Net code > as such it means the target is not where it is most of the time worse for melee.
- You don't die > Drone dies you don't and if u are good enough u can drop it before it blows so u don't get SI.
- Leveling > best for XP leveling in game atm.
- RPOS > [ edited ]

Cons

- Body awarness > Unaware of your meat sack
- Bugs > if u droned enough said
- cst/res/repairing > If u droned u will understand -_-
- PURE int, dex > to be good u have to pump alll of ur dex + int
- loot > when killing mobs getting loot after is a taxing effort
- Mob AI > with some drones the mobs go for the droner not hte drone

At the moment a droner is over powered simple because of these things, 2 raptors can take down a PPU with holy heal on.....yet 2 PE's couldn't 2 tanks might but the drones do it ALOT faster.

Simple things need to change about drones, like target box of the drones make it bigger, its a flying weapons platform yet its smaller then my CS AND out damages it AND carrys shit loads of ammo ??

Range make it so the range is like 500m -700m not 5000m like some drones, as i have seen a pure droner, droneing across the cycrow map before ( near tezla zone line drone @ cycrow)

Speed im not saying change the top speed but change the acceleration of a drone and mabye change the turning speed.

BUT if u do this plz plz plz do some drone fixes i love my droner but atm it feels like shooting fish in a barrel as only about 1/3 of the people i shoot at can shoot back at me :\ (and hit me).

Some simple fixes like drone not launching.
Ammo glitch.
Sticking to walls.
Reduced cst + reseach time.
slightly lowering the specs needed ( punisher FFS best rare for xp yet u can only use it when capped GG KK!)
lots and lots more

but plz vote as u see fit.

Strych9
28-06-04, 16:48
Wait, you say a "droner" is overpowered cause "2 raptors" can drop a PPU?

Perhaps if a droner could have 2 raptors in the air at the same time I would buy this.

Clownst0pper
28-06-04, 17:29
OK...

Right lets start.

Reasons.
Pros

- Defence > normal spy defence (by alot)
- Net code > as such it means the target is not where it is most of the time worse for melee.
- You don't die > Drone dies you don't and if u are good enough u can drop it before it blows so u don't get SI.
- RPOS > [ edited ]

A raptor isnt more powerful than a spys attack, First Love, Executioner, these all hit stupidly hard, a PN/Mosquito/Punisher all hit for tuppance, a raptor does dmg, but only those without deflectors.

Why is any player not manoverable? Does every other class not have legs or something? There a flying object, there designed to be manoverable.

Small hit box? not likely, APU's, Ravager tanks, Silent hunters, Any distance weapon really pops my drones countless times. Thats not even at OP wars.

Best XP leveling? Why is it? What is wrong with an APU + PPU combo barreling mc5 or the chaos caves, THAT is the quickest.

[ edited ] the flash effect as its stands is way to much, annoyingly 2 much.

If I drop my drone, that means im a tl 120 item down, and have to take time to BP/Construct it. And means I dont get impairment? Id rather try and keep my drone, than have to rebuild them.

Cons

- Body awarness > Unaware of your meat sack
- Bugs > if u droned enough said
- PURE int, dex > to be good u have to pump alll of ur dex + int
- loot > when killing mobs getting loot after is a taxing effort
- Mob AI > with some drones the mobs go for the droner not hte drone

All of them I agree with, U fail to mention the flash, or the collision bugs or bounce effects, your not supposed to be aware of your body.

Yes we have to over spec everything

Producing our drones is a pain the ass

Everything that doesnt have a reticle can fuck our drones over completely

We are never fully hidden as long as were on local

A Good PPU will keep his entire team alive, with zero problem.

2 raptors on one PPU will kill him? I know for a fact a single raptor cant kill a PPU, I fully cap my raptor and on Dilly, Cuthbert, Eledhbrant, even if I get 100% hits on the PPU, he wont die.

Especially if the PPU is moving around and hiding behind cover - not a chance.

2 raptors is possible, but very unlikely seen as most wont hit 100% of hits, which means theyve ticked over full HP again.

The only drone which can travel an entire zone is a Revenge, if your standing in the corner to corner.

A raptor nor PN cant, Of course, if ur stood in the middle of the zone all can.

Why should the speed and turning circle be slowed down? There small flying gadgets, there not made in the 1800's ya know :wtf:

If the target box gets any bigger, not only will I not be able to fit through windows, but APU's and every other weapon apart from pistols will blow me out of the sky.

Sorry Ryuben, But it seems you havnt been a droner for long enough to make these comments.

ezza
28-06-04, 17:33
in all honesty not met any droners to fight in quite a while

Clownst0pper
28-06-04, 17:34
in all honesty not met any droners to fight in quite a while

If there so over powered why arent there millions of them? 8|

I know of 4 droners on saturn now.

Isa (me)
Abner (BD FU)
A sweaty muff (Phoenix along side myself)
Santa's little helper (retired)

WOW thats going to bowl the server over.. :rolleyes:

retr0n
28-06-04, 17:37
I dont think they are overpowered in the means of how much dmg they
do but I do think the targetbox needs to be just a tad bigger.

As it is currently with the netcode bugs (drones jumping through the air) the
only class that can fight back are APUs and because of their low range
a droner can keep the drone out of reach.

So I say increase the targetbox just a little.

Oh and then there is how to spot a drone... When night comes it's damn
impossible to actually see a particle nemesis... It shoots at you and within
a couple of seconds it can be on the other side of the map, kinda, and you
cant see it because the sky is black... You see the shots, but since the PN
is very speedy there is no way to follow and get a lock on.

- Primate

jernau
28-06-04, 17:38
[ edited ]

ezza
28-06-04, 17:38
yup tbh dont know the other 2 only know you and abner and that says a lot, that you can only name 2 droners.

naming tanks apus ppus pes all lot easier, the fact that few droners about suggests they aint that overpowering(concidering there fairly easy to level compared to rifle/pistol spies as well)

if it was so overpowered you can guarentee that loads of people would have them.

retr0n
28-06-04, 17:39
[ edited ]

That would be posting exploits. I dont know myself how but i've heard from
other people ingame that it's possible to do it.

jernau
28-06-04, 17:41
That would be posting exploits. I dont know myself how but i've heard from
other people ingame that it's possible to do it.It shouldn't be considered a "pro" of the class then.

/edit - there are actually quite a few droner characters on Saturn it's just most of them aren't played anymore.

retr0n
28-06-04, 17:42
It shouldn't be considered a "pro" of the class then.

Agreed.

It's sad though that some people will go to such extremes just to get some
kind of advantage over other players.

cRazy2003
28-06-04, 17:44
at least someone agrees with me =P

jernau
28-06-04, 17:44
Agreed.

It's sad though that some people will go to such extremes just to get some
kind of advantage over other players.
Definitely. [ edited ]

Clownst0pper
28-06-04, 17:45
I dont think they are overpowered in the means of how much dmg they
do but I do think the targetbox needs to be just a tad bigger.

As it is currently with the netcode bugs (drones jumping through the air) the
only class that can fight back are APUs and because of their low range
a droner can keep the drone out of reach.

So I say increase the targetbox just a little.

Oh and then there is how to spot a drone... When night comes it's damn
impossible to actually see a particle nemesis... It shoots at you and within
a couple of seconds it can be on the other side of the map, kinda, and you
cant see it because the sky is black... You see the shots, but since the PN
is very speedy there is no way to follow and get a lock on.

- Primate

In the same context, Do you not see it as unbalanced when a Black PA wearing rifle spy, uses a healing light at capped range, and shoots you?

At least with a PN u can see the yellow beam, u cant with a healing light...

Clownst0pper
28-06-04, 17:46
at least someone agrees with me =P

There are always going be people who believe class <insert here> is overpowered because <insert reason here>

Its an online RPG :rolleyes:

cRazy2003
28-06-04, 17:47
There are always going be people who believe class <insert here> is overpowered because <insert reason here>

Its an online RPG :rolleyes:

yea but i was refering back to my post a while ago when 2 droners beat the shit out of about 8 people.

Ryuben
28-06-04, 17:49
In the same context, Do you not see it as unbalanced when a Black PA wearing rifle spy, uses a healing light at capped range, and shoots you?

At least with a PN u can see the yellow beam, u cant with a healing light...

clown, then why on my droner if i come across 6 chars at cycrow do i attack them?

with any other class would u do that and EXPECT to kill them???

Clownst0pper
28-06-04, 17:49
yea but i was refering back to my post a while ago when 2 droners beat the shit out of about 8 people.

And after we got the truth of the story (2 low ass n00b PPU's a melee tank, and several lowbie spies)

Yes, they gave you a good kicking, rightly so 2, im sure I could have on any class TBH

Nidhogg
28-06-04, 17:51
Do not discuss exploits or potential exploits on the forum. You know this.

N

Clownst0pper
28-06-04, 17:51
clown, then why on my droner if i come across 6 chars at cycrow do i attack them?

with any other class would u do that and EXPECT to kill them???

I was pointing out that a spy wearing black PA, at night, is as hard to see as a PN, and, when a spy uses a healing light to snipe, U cant see the beam, unlike a PN yellow beam from the sky.

As for Do I expect to kill them?

On my melee tank yes, and my APU more than possible.

At the end of the day, its down to your experiance as a class. Personally, ive NEVER had a problem fighting a droner, or being a droner.

Look for cover straight away, dont run in a straight line, and If you find cover, draw the drone into ground level, while asking for assitance from a stealther.

Its that easy O_o

Doc Holliday
28-06-04, 17:56
nerf nerf nerf cries the community. jesus guys look at all the hassle to get a freakin drone made in the first place. if your cs was a one shot use would u scream nerf the cs cos it was made powerful to compensate??????

Bl@zed
28-06-04, 17:57
omfg...drones are NOT overpowered, learn how to evade them and get some con noob :rolleyes:

Disturbed021
28-06-04, 17:58
At the moment a droner is over powered simple because of these things, 2 raptors can take down a PPU with holy heal on..
The only way that would happen is if the PPU doesn't have a deflector on. PPUs with Holy def take like 8-10 damage per burst from a raptor. There is no way in hell that 2 raptors will take down a PPU with Holy Def and Holy Heal on, unless that PPU is utter crap.

Drones are not the quickest/easiest class to level. Yes drones do good AoE damage and poison doesn't effect them much....meaning you can AoE the graves for hours on end w/o losing a drone. But a tank or APUs AoE does 5-10 times more damage than a drones AoE, thus you can level much faster as long as you have a PPU.

Clownst0pper
28-06-04, 18:03
Well, another tip to combat droners

***if there is a rival droner in the zone, who is killing your members, ask for assistance from another droner, PPU support them, and let them launch a kami drone, the kami drone can cover the zone in seconds, and locate them easily - allowing for a relaunch and a quick desposal of the troublesom droner***

My thats hard!

jernau
28-06-04, 18:03
And after we got the truth of the story (2 low ass n00b PPU's a melee tank, and several lowbie spies)

Yes, they gave you a good kicking, rightly so 2, im sure I could have on any class TBH
Don't forget the droners weren't alone and weren't acting like prannocks.

Clownst0pper
28-06-04, 18:05
Don't forget the droners weren't alone and weren't acting like prannocks.

I do apologise, curse a skilled droner :o ;)

jernau
28-06-04, 18:08
I do apologise, curse a skilled droner :o ;)
Maybe we need a "Nerf skills" thread. Anyone caught actually learning how to play a particular class properly has to play blind-folded for a week or a GM re-rolls all their chars to melee-spies.;)

Clownst0pper
28-06-04, 18:09
Maybe we need a "Nerf skills" thread. Anyone caught actually learning how to play a particular class properly has to play blind-folded for a week or a GM re-rolls all their chars to melee-spies.;)

I often think this is how we will end up. Although It always seems were attempting to "nerf" the wrong characters and classes...

Hell, there hasnt been a nerf PPU thread in weeks, Ill kick start one tommorow, just because one killed my APU with a junk knife 2 years ago ;)

StryfeX
28-06-04, 18:36
The main issue with targetting drones is *not* the size of the hit box. It's the size of the targetting box, and how you have to target them.

Currently, you can't aim at the top half of a drone and get a recticle lock. Why? Who the hell knows, probably some funky issues with the drone model. Once you get a recticle, riflers and Rav tanks can usually hit it fairly well, and if you're really good, you can do it with a CS, too. APUs simply blow the shit out of drones as soon as they get in range. The problem is keeping that recticle because of A) the lag issues with drones and B) the targetting issues talked about earlier. If you can overcome those two (by skill or other methods), then you can take drones down fairly easily.

IMO, the *hit* box of drones needs to be made smaller so it doesn't feel like I'm controlling something the size of a small car, and the targetting box needs to be fixed.

--Stryfe

Herbitt
28-06-04, 18:42
they aint overpowered

Cyphor
28-06-04, 18:48
Just my 2 cents; you say their best for exp levelling in the game atm, do you mean easiest or quickest? Quickest goes to pe, easiest solo then yes prob droner or a hybrid, however throw in a ppu and every class has it easy yet a droner has no real benefit to having a ppu with them other than possibly to damage boost. Also although they are one of the easiest to level solo, they are also the most boring, it’s a simple rinse and repeat procedure with little variation or excitement.

I do however agree their damage output is a bit too strong, especially since to hunt a good droner efficiently you need another spy (to take the droner out not the drone). However as the droner has no awareness of their body when you do find them they are often an easy kill. So i'd be happy enough with a drone damage reduction (back to pre-boost) in return for a local list of my droner (edit: oh and removal of the loss of vision when hit).

seraphian
28-06-04, 18:49

Um, not really, a capped PUNISHER and a capped Dizzy do about the same, and the PUNISHER is 5 TL higher...

Yeah, but a normal player running doesn't overshoot, bounce like a pingpong ball when hit or oversteer... not to mention what that does if a bounce puts you into the drink (sewer hunting...)

OK, I'll give you this one, almost as bad as those Fsking dragonflies

yeah but everytime you die, you drop your best rare... which sucks. not to mention the fact that you only don't die if they never find your body, otherwise you're fucked

Not really overwhelming compared to other fast-XP-gainers like APU and Melee tanks

THE biggest disadvantage or droning, it is without a doubt the most expensive, and since you can't really loot the mobs you drop, you're hosed for cash supply AND rares.

At the moment a droner is over powered simple because of these things, 2 raptors can take down a PPU with holy heal on.....yet 2 PE's couldn't 2 tanks might but the drones do it ALOT faster.

OK, here's where I decided I disagreed. THis is just another one of those "xxx can kill a PPU therefore: NERF!!!" posts, the most intelligent PPU-killing item nerf post I have ever seen, and you raise some good points about droners, but a nerf post nonetheless.

A Raptor is DESIGNED to hurt monks, it's anti-heal for a reason. If you're a good PPU you pack a few medkits just in case you meet one of them and it's never a problem. a PPU does have to worry about a RAPTOR. a PN or a PUNISHER less so and anything less than that not at all... and a Tank with good F/P/NRG resist is almost immune to one, so is a good PE.

Simple things need to change about drones, like target box of the drones make it bigger, its a flying weapons platform yet its smaller then my CS AND out damages it AND carrys shit loads of ammo ??

OK, I agree with this, drones are too hard to hit and until KK makes it easier to cap aiming on common rares, then they actually need to make drones hittable.

Some simple fixes like drone not launching.
Ammo glitch.
Sticking to walls.
Reduced cst + reseach time.
slightly lowering the specs needed ( punisher FFS best rare for xp yet u can only use it when capped GG KK!)
lots and lots more

amen brother! yes to all of this.

Cyphor
28-06-04, 18:54
A Raptor is DESIGNED to hurt monks, it's anti-heal for a reason. If you're a good PPU you pack a few medkits just in case you meet one of them and it's never a problem. a PPU does have to worry about a RAPTOR. a PN or a PUNISHER less so and anything less than that not at all... and a Tank with good F/P/NRG resist is almost immune to one, so is a good PE.

I may be wrong as ive not played my droner alot recently so might be confused but didnt they change the raptor and mosquito over recently so the mosquito is the anti-heal drone? If so are people complaning about the anti heal raptor or gatlin one :confused:

Anti-heal one theres nothing wrong with, gatlin is slightly overpowered imo

jernau
28-06-04, 18:56
Yes they changed them and yes it's the Raptor (gatlin) that some people are complaining about.

Archeus
28-06-04, 18:59
Wait, you say a "droner" is overpowered cause "2 raptors" can drop a PPU?

Perhaps if a droner could have 2 raptors in the air at the same time I would buy this.

Yea, if two people can take down one PPU there is no problem with that.

Range make it so the range is like 500m -700m not 5000m like some drones, as i have seen a pure droner, droneing across the cycrow map before ( near tezla zone line drone @ cycrow)

To get that sort of range you need to be near capped and an MC5 chip. I know because I've been there. So it is not fair to claim that droners are overpowered. All you do is go hunt the meatsack.

seraphian
28-06-04, 18:59
Last time I played a droner was a while ago, so it's entirely possible I confused the RAPTOR and MOSQUITO again, they've switched them a few times on the TS where I played the droner (had to get rareparts somehow to test build XP on rares...)
The gat drone is F/P so of course it's going to be good against monks, I don't hear anyone demanding a nerf on the PAIN EASER or the MOONSTRIKER because F/P does too much against monks. The solution IMHO (and I do think this is viable especially for APUs) is to take the bloody -force resist off of all the monk implants, so they can actually have some FRR...

jernau
28-06-04, 19:04
Last time I played a droner was a while ago, so it's entirely possible I confused the RAPTOR and MOSQUITO again, they've switched them a few times on the TS where I played the droner (had to get rareparts somehow to test build XP on rares...)
The gat drone is F/P so of course it's going to be good against monks, I don't hear anyone demanding a nerf on the PAIN EASER or the MOONSTRIKER because F/P does too much against monks. The solution IMHO (and I do think this is viable especially for APUs) is to take the bloody -force resist off of all the monk implants, so they can actually have some FRR...
How many monks are really weak to force/pierce? Not many unless they are total chumps.

Garrett[N-Tech]
28-06-04, 20:21
http://neocron.jafc.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=1565

Patchnotes 198/199:
LowTech Non-Rare: Force, Pierce
LowTech Rare: Force, Pierce, Poison
HighTech Non-Rare: Energy, X-Ray
HighTech Rare: Energy, X-Ray, Fire

As you see on the picture, the punisher does poison damage. So it could be that a raptor does fire damage. That can be the reason for the "strange" new damage that is dealt by the drones compared to the damage before. Just use Shelter + Deflector and Heat Resist 3 and the raptors are no problems anymore. A good PPU can heal up to three raptors, just have a dry and with the right equipment (maybe use a heavy fire belt and instead of using a heat resist, use a hazard resist) you'll have no problems with drones.

jernau
28-06-04, 20:26
Punisher is X-RAY / ENR and now apparently also FIR.

According that raptor is FOR/PRC/POR but I haven't tested that since the POR was added.

Does anyone really use a PUNISHER in PvP?

Freaky Fryd
28-06-04, 20:46
Best XP leveling? Why is it? What is wrong with an APU + PPU combo barreling mc5 or the chaos caves, THAT is the quickest.

He means the gains.
A spy will get 100% gain on both int and dex when levelling, but only 80% for INT gain when using rifles (or something like that.)

The only problem I have with drones is the refresh rate of it's location.
I'll be firing at a drone and empty a full SH clip, when all of a sudden it disappears. Not because it blew up, but because it moved before I even hit it and the sniping lag showed it sitting still, instead of moving at all...

Garrett[N-Tech]
28-06-04, 21:01
Punisher is X-RAY / ENR and now apparently also FIR.

According that raptor is FOR/PRC/POR but I haven't tested that since the POR was added.

Does anyone really use a PUNISHER in PvP?

Have you seen the picture, I posted? The Punisher and also PN are doing poison damage atm, so I really think, Raptor is doing firedamage. It's a mistake, I think, but it may be a explanation why they seem to do more damage.

Of course, I don't use a Punisher in PvP. But PvM as you see on the picture. It really doesn't matter to my proper explanation.

jernau
28-06-04, 21:19
I couldn't see anything in that pic to tell either way.

I don't see how doing Fire would be a greater problem than Poison anyway - who has more POR than FIR?

/edit - OK, on extreme zoom I can see a green-cloud. You may have a point or it could be a GFX error - it wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Scikar
28-06-04, 21:21
How many monks are really weak to force/pierce? Not many unless they are total chumps.Piercing is always the monk's weakest. Force isn't. However, since neocron.ems.ru labelled all piercing weapons as pierce/force, people assume them to be one and the same all of a sudden. Forgetting entirely that at the top of the page, it says all low tech weapons are tested with explosive mods and all energy weapons are tested with xray mods. There's no reason why Raptor should deal any force damage, so I think it's fair to say that as a piercing weapon, hybrids and APUs are going to be weak to it. Won't make a lot of difference overall. Though I seem to remember some mention on the test server of poison damage being added to it? Or was that just someone crying to be nerfed in 2 month's time?

EDIT: Hmm.. reading those last few posts again it would seem they do actually deal force in addition to pierce, and apparently poison. I can see the poison perhaps hurting a badly setup PPU with no por like a PoB can, but at the end of the day a PoB deals a hell of a lot more damage than a Raptor does, and a half decent PPU can stave off PoB damage.

Regarding drones in general, no, they aren't overpowered. The only classes which should be worried about them are APUs and Tanks. However, both of them have weapons which are effective vs drones. For the other classes, PEs can absorb enough damage from drones to stay alive and find some cover or hunt the droner down. Spies can simply stealth and go find the droner. PPUs are only threatened by Mosquitos, and even then, the Mozzie alone isn't the threat, it's other weapons combined with it. I find it hard to believe that 2 Raptors can take a decent PPU down. That only really leaves melee Tanks I guess, but I can't honestly see a melee Tank complaining that he can't hit a ranged enemy.

Archeus
28-06-04, 21:21
Jyet a droner has no real benefit to having a ppu with them other than possibly to damage boost.

Beyond buffing the meatsack they can also put shields onto the drones giving them more protection.

jernau
28-06-04, 21:30
Piercing is always the monk's weakest. Force isn't. However, since neocron.ems.ru labelled all piercing weapons as pierce/force, people assume them to be one and the same all of a sudden. Forgetting entirely that at the top of the page, it says all low tech weapons are tested with explosive mods and all energy weapons are tested with xray mods. There's no reason why Raptor should deal any force damage, so I think it's fair to say that as a piercing weapon, hybrids and APUs are going to be weak to it. Won't make a lot of difference overall. Though I seem to remember some mention on the test server of poison damage being added to it? Or was that just someone crying to be nerfed in 2 month's time?
You can get up to 70% Protection to PRC on a monk, that's pretty solid IMO. That's without buffs or shields. A PPU with self-cast Holy Deflect has the highest PRC resist of any class.

Scikar
28-06-04, 21:52
You can get up to 70% Protection to PRC on a monk, that's pretty solid IMO. That's without buffs or shields. A PPU with self-cast Holy Deflect has the highest PRC resist of any class.

Yes, you can. But every other class can hit 76% quite easily. There's no excuse not to have 200 PRC armor on a PE or a Spy, and the excuse of needing every H-C point on a Tank is a weak one IMO. 70% is acceptable for fire/energy on a spy, and perhaps fire/xray on a mediocre PE, but for PRC? I wouldn't tolerate anything less than 200 armor on any non-monk setup. Again with the PPU, they have the highest PRC resist of any class, yes, but their PRC is lower than their fir/enr/xrr.

Biznatchy
28-06-04, 21:53
Beyond buffing the meatsack they can also put shields onto the drones giving them more protection.

You can buff soulclusters but we tried to buff my drone and it didnt work.

Garrett[N-Tech]
28-06-04, 22:00
I couldn't see anything in that pic to tell either way.

I don't see how doing Fire would be a greater problem than Poison anyway - who has more POR than FIR?

/edit - OK, on extreme zoom I can see a green-cloud. You may have a point or it could be a GFX error - it wouldn't be the first time that's happened.
I tested the Punisher many times, the cloud appears every time. I said it may be a problem for some PPUs who are skilled/equiped/buffed wrong.

jernau
28-06-04, 22:00
Yes, you can. But every other class can hit 76% quite easily. There's no excuse not to have 200 PRC armor on a PE or a Spy, and the excuse of needing every H-C point on a Tank is a weak one IMO. 70% is acceptable for fire/energy on a spy, and perhaps fire/xray on a mediocre PE, but for PRC? I wouldn't tolerate anything less than 200 armor on any non-monk setup. Again with the PPU, they have the highest PRC resist of any class, yes, but their PRC is lower than their fir/enr/xrr.The difference between 70% and 76% is not great. Sure, it can make a difference but as PRC=low-tech=low TL= (in theory) less damage I don't believe monks can use it as an excuse.

A tank needs ~40 FOR to cap Pierce IIRC.

I'm not sure how a PPU's PRC can be lower than their other resists when they can buff all bar POR and XRY to cap.

/edit @Garrett - Ah OK, I get you and maybe agree a bit - I certainly wouldn't be expecting POR from them but OTOH it could still be a gfx problem, we've had cases before that looked like they were doing one type of damage but weren't.

Cyphor
28-06-04, 22:07

Yes the drone buff could be usefull but most droners in my experience lvl off of poison so they get little benefit from the shields, unless they hit themselves alot with area effect :p hunting in other areas then possibly theres a benefit but not as much as any other class.

As for buffing the meatsack, a good droner should position himself where the mob cant hit him.

jernau
28-06-04, 22:26
The only time I've ever had a PPU along while levelling a droner was when an ass-lazy mate teamed with me and went afk for hours to leech XP.

I doubt in a big PvP fight you would really want a PPU watching over a droner when he could be doing something useful elsewhere.

What can a PPU do for a droner?
1) Cast a Drone3 once every 10 minutes
2) S/D him against mobs he should be hidden from
3) Attract enemy players over with his spell effects
4) Hold his beer

Richard Slade
28-06-04, 22:40
I ain't even gonna read.
Drones are NOT overpowered due to all the cons...
And I also belive clown's jumped in here already.
Move on, nothing to see here

StryfeX
28-06-04, 22:44
What can a PPU do for a droner?
4) Hold his beerWell there you have it. PPU's are good for something. :p :D

Also, about that little green effect that the Punisher makes, it's not just the Punisher. ALL RG-series (and maybe FC as well) drones do that.

--Stryfe

Shadow Dancer
28-06-04, 22:46
I agree Ryuben. I know that droners have lots of bugs and they are high maintanence, but that's no justification for being overpowered. Fix the bugs and make them less high maintanence. But they need to be toned down a bit. Well not necassarily(sp?) the power. They need to be easier to hit. The stupidly small hitbox with the constant jerky movements makes it a pain in the ass.

I vote yes.

Btw, I seriously doubt 2 raptors can take down a good ppu.

Ryuben
28-06-04, 22:51
compaire a drone to a a spy.

COMPAIRE

if u can use some thing that is better then you, in defence + attack, but it also means you don't get direct damage to ur meat sack.

On my droner if i see 6 people or less i find a uber hideing spot on my droner line my belt with raptors and PN's and kami and stealth 2 and do my best to kill them all, normally getting 2 and maybe 3 but rest GRing

most droners i know claim to have the highest kill count when they go to OP wars........now why is that last op war i went to there was more droners then melee tanks ffs.

jernau
28-06-04, 23:02

COMPAIRE

if u can use some thing that is better then you, in defence + attack, but it also means you don't get direct damage to ur meat sack.
A drone doesn't outdamage pistols or rifles and certainly doesn't have the resists of the players it'll be fighting in an OP war.

most droners i know claim to have the highest kill count when they go to OP wars........now why is that last op war i went to there was more droners then melee tanks ffs.
I haven't OP-warred on Jernau since the last patch but I certainly didn't see many droners before that or get more kills than I would on my APU or tank.

StryfeX
28-06-04, 23:05
now why is that last op war i went to there was more droners then melee tanks ffs.You wanna know why? Because you can't parashock drones. That's why. If you get 3 droners, one Mosquito and two Raptors, they *will* make mincemeat out of people.

Same with a PPU and two APUs. Same with a PPU and two Tanks. Same with a PPU and two Spies. Same with a PPU and most combinations. I don't really know why you're complaining.

--Stryfe

Maloch Octavia
28-06-04, 23:32
Oh dear.

I wish people would use Search function to find previous Topics on this, honestly, this has been beaten to death not that long ago.

Drones are not overpowered.

Anyone that gets killed by a Drone, is shit.

I know this, because I'm a Droner, and whilst on one hour at CRP, I managed to kill seven 50+ ranks, of varying classes, with Gal-3000 Drones, I also lost a lot to very good players, the ones I killed, I either persevered on, like the Stealthing spy I dropped to almost zero health, he stealths into a corner, I drop, get a Revenge, detonate beside him, and when I go back, I see his backpack where he was standing, :) or else they don't know how to react to a Droners presence.

Get a grip, please.

Disturbed021
28-06-04, 23:33
On my droner if i see 6 people or less i find a uber hideing spot on my droner line my belt with raptors and PN's and kami and stealth 2 and do my best to kill them all, normally getting 2 and maybe 3 but rest GRing

I have killed many ppl with my droner as well....but its usually stupid APUs and Tanks that are standing out in the open and run in a straight line to a gr or building far off in the distance when they finally realize a drone is shooting them. That is not a sign of an overpowered weapon, thats a sign of stupidity :p
The smart ones either shoot the drone if I am close enough or use the terrain to block my drones shots. Spies just stealth away. PPUs just cast Holy Def/Heal and walk away.

Clownst0pper
29-06-04, 00:27

COMPAIRE

You use stealth 2? U cannot possibly cap your raptor, and even THEN your saying there over powered? Bugger me, I must be creaming over entire servers.

As slade said, ive jumped in, and continue to defend droners and our small population.

If the drone movement refresh would be updated, so it was 100% accurate, they wouldnt be that hard to hit, as it is now, there stagger movement is what makes it hard, not the hit box size.

ino
29-06-04, 08:40
Never bothered to read through.

But I dont know if I want to call them overpowered. If they are overpowered its only cause drones is the most bugged shit to ever fly in neocron. Extreemly annoying things to fight. A highlvl droner will take down all classes except for ppu's. Yes even if there are 3 - 6 raptors the ppu whith some awareness probably wont die by it, but every other class will.

I dont mind dying at all vs drones on my apu, what I do hate is the insane height drones can fire from, some droners are bohooing their brains out cause if something hits the drone you cant see, well my sugesstion is shut the fuck up, I cant hit the drone. If I cant hit the drone for reasons like to high I might live with it, I cant hit the drone cause it's actually to far away jaay I can probably live with that to, but in most cases I cant hit the drone cause its to fucking bugged :) And to fucking bugged annoys me. So be careful to whine to much about droners beeing to overpowered or to whine that the poor droners have it soo hard. Just sort out the bugs and im pretty sure it will be fine.