PDA

View Full Version : Speed gun and stamina drain

ezza
27-06-04, 23:10
ok been out hunting and fighting with my speedy for the first time in umm maybe 2 or 3 months, and i mean wtf that gun really eats though stamina.

even standing still it rips though it.

anyone else think that the speed gun should have the stamina drain reduced a tad?

Deicide
27-06-04, 23:11
ok been out hunting and fighting with my speedy for the first time in umm maybe 2 or 3 months, and i mean wtf that gun really eats though stamina.

even standing still it rips though it.

anyone else think that the speed gun should have the stamina drain reduced a tad?

lol dude, same thing happened to me today!

100% agreed.

naimex
27-06-04, 23:12
last I used it, I could do a complete duel with 2-5 full stamina booster 2s, depending on what class i was fighting, and the skills of that person.

DonnyJepp
28-06-04, 00:16
Is this a new thing? I don't remember it being so extreme on my tank. What about when crouching and crouch-walking?

Cyphor
28-06-04, 00:37
Just a guess but i found when i went back to my pain easer pe the stamina drain was worse too(worse than before, bearable though), i thought it could have been down to changing imps setup ie no bat chest now gamma chest, as the bat chest gives huge amounts of endurance and most people dont spec any could the lack of endurance in newer setups be causeing it :confused:

Either that or is it a stealth change by kk to try and get people to spec more endurance?

trigger hurt
28-06-04, 00:40
Just a guess but i found when i went back to my pain easer pe the stamina drain was worse too(worse than before, bearable though), i thought it could have been down to changing imps setup ie no bat chest now gamma chest, as the bat chest gives huge amounts of endurance and most people dont spec any could the lack of endurance in newer setups be causeing it :confused:

Either that or is it a stealth change by kk to try and get people to spec more endurance?
My tank has always used batchest and the speegdgat eats through stamina like never before. Used to be I could hunt with it and as long as I stayed crouching, there would be no drain...now, it drains almost as fast as if I was standing or running with it.

[F6]Knight
28-06-04, 01:01
when i crouch and dont move with my capped speedie i dont drain any stamina
and i dont got any base endurance. just the batchest i think
so i dont know how you can all drain stamina so fast even when crouching

running + shooting is pretty nasty offcourse and drains stamina like hell (like it should be)

trigger hurt
28-06-04, 01:08
Knight']when i crouch and dont move with my capped speedie i dont drain any stamina
and i dont got any base endurance. just the batchest i think
so i dont know how you can all drain stamina so fast even when crouching

running + shooting is pretty nasty offcourse and drains stamina like hell (like it should be)
first, reread...i said "almost as fast".

Second, I call it how I see it. If I have to pop a stamina booster when I am crouched firing my speedgat, then that drain is pretty fast. before this last patch, my stamina would regain while crouched...now it keeps going down until I either reload cause im out of stamina or I pop a booster.

Clownst0pper
28-06-04, 01:10
You want speed gattlings stamina drain reduced, but want to keep melee's stamina reduction stupidly high because thats balance.

Leave it as it is, ignorance is bliss. :rolleyes:

Nah seriously it does need lowering, all H-C does TBH, ur only pulling a trigger FFS

-REMUS-
28-06-04, 01:11
Its a hunting weapon, me and skuld (on tupac) took part in a low tech competition of last man standing on pluto. Of course the damn PE's won but half way thru I was told to change from Dev to something else. I whipped a normal gat cannon out and even that was chewing its way through my stamina like a death star type laser through a planet sized block of butter.

HatchetRyda
28-06-04, 01:18
It maybe a hunting weapon but also a good killing weapon of monks, just sucks it dose eat up soooo much damn stamina.

-REMUS-
28-06-04, 02:02
Nova cs is better except for maybe an uncapped or non tank.

APU's die easily anyway, and it hardly makes a difference with ppus.

VetteroX
28-06-04, 11:09
speed gats stamina drain is idiotic and always has been... it needs to be reduced by a least 75%.

Xylaz
28-06-04, 11:23
speed gats stamina drain is idiotic and always has been... it needs to be reduced by a least 75%.
melee wep stamina drain is idiotic as well... it needs to be reduced by at least 75%

:rolleyes:

ezza
28-06-04, 12:06
melee aint the issue here, raise it in another thread.

i had np with melee stamina drain the way it was, just the damage, but that aint the issue here.

the issue is the speed gat eating stamina like its going out of fashion :mad:

Birkoff
28-06-04, 15:49
melee wep stamina drain is idiotic as well... it needs to be reduced by at least 75%

Bit like its damage

garyu69
28-06-04, 16:39
Don't a lot of tanks rely totally on stam boosters for their stam and therefore do not spec points in Endurance?
Maybe this will cause tanks to re-think this.

But what do i know i've never played a tank.

ezza
28-06-04, 16:40
Don't a lot of tanks rely totally on stam boosters for their stam and therefore do not spec points in Endurance?

not really since as far as i can see its only the speed gat that destroys your stamina.

and since we already have to over spec cos our PA is so sucky meh

L3m0n
28-06-04, 16:48
yeh it sux it goes down faster than ****'s mum! ;)

ezza
28-06-04, 16:50
yeh it sux it goes down faster than ****'s mum! ;)
:eek:
err thats all i can say since im picking up edits fast atm :lol:

mutters about *****'s mum going down faster

L3m0n
28-06-04, 16:54
:eek:
err thats all i can say since im picking up edits fast atm :lol:

mutters about *****'s mum going down faster
its all true and good :angel:
nahh it is far too fast NERF :p

n3m
28-06-04, 17:21
Not only speedy, but CS is a tad too much aswell imho.

this and old PA colors = teh win ;)

ezza
28-06-04, 17:24
Not only speedy, but CS is a tad too much aswell imho.

this and old PA colors = teh win ;)
not really noticed the CS to much, have to have a look at that tonight, but the speed gun is just so noticable its not funny

VetteroX
28-06-04, 19:24

Then you dont know, so dont comment. My tank has a lot of stamina, even an extra 50 stamina wouldnt help, it goes down at an increadable rate... you can run and fire for maybe 5-6 seconds before your stam is gone.

steweygrrr
28-06-04, 19:29
Nah seriously it does need lowering, all H-C does TBH, ur only pulling a trigger FFS

That bit there.....the reason is you arent just pulling a trigger. You have one fucking heavy cannon on your shoulder, which you are trying to aim, stabilise and fire all at once. Takes some effort.

To be honest, I havent used my speedie in quite a while so I wouldn't know (my CS and Rav are nova modded, I use them for antimonk and dev for anything else thats stupid enough to let me get close....once i've pounded them with my plasma of course). However CS seems to have the stam drain upped on moving and firing. I can probably get 2.5 - 3 clips off before I have to hit the boosters. Used to be able to get 3 or 4 at least out of it.

-REMUS-
28-06-04, 19:31
bullshit if that was true then cs should drain just as much.

steweygrrr
28-06-04, 19:33
Read the edit. And no its not. The speedy has two barrels, and is throwing out 360 shots a minute thats 6 a second....bit slow for a gat but still requires more than a little extra effort to keep it from plastering the sky after your first burst.

zii
28-06-04, 20:29
Take stamina boosters.

-REMUS-
28-06-04, 20:47
Read the edit. And no its not. The speedy has two barrels, and is throwing out 360 shots a minute thats 6 a second....bit slow for a gat but still requires more than a little extra effort to keep it from plastering the sky after your first burst.

If you paid any attention you would realise that it only fires out of the one barrel, i dont even understand why they decided to stick another barrel on top. Also the speed cannon fires 370 rounds per min not 360.

I dont know exactly what your talking about, if you are trying to take real world physics and assumptions into a fantasy context you are failing misrably, becuase for all you know the gattleing cannon could be fireing useing a railgun princible, or could be knocking out caseless ammunition with explosive gas as the propellant.

Do you really think fusion rifles exsist?

Coid
28-06-04, 20:51
gawd u know that speed gat has been the same ever since its been implimented...Why bitch about it now? NOOOOOOOOOBS!

P.S. This was my flame

greendonkeyuk
28-06-04, 20:55
lol remus back for a day or so and owning already.

Last time i logged into my tank to rare hunt i used my speedgun totally so as not to wear down my cs. When standing still (wearing a bq chest) i didnt really notice the stamina drain at all as the stamina i gained from the endurance level counterbalanced the stamina drain. However MOVING it chews my stamina like no tomorrow, stewey please dont make real world comparisons while we are having a sensible discussion about balance of weapons. I would like to see the stamina drain taken down by about 30% personally as a starting point. Right now i get to shoot maybe one clip or so on full auto while running before i have to think about poppin a booster. While i think HC should sap stamina like no other i think this is excessive.

A valid well thought out thread and a good point made without any flaming. Lets try to keep it that way guys.

Scikar
28-06-04, 20:59
The drain is fixed, and you burn stamina at the start of every burst. It used to be 10, but it's been lowered slightly (8 now I think). CS isn't too bad, because it doesn't fire as fast. SpeedGun obviously fire faster, so it drains more stamina. Added to that, CS clip lasts less. CS actually times just about right on my Tank. Empty a clip, hit stam and reload. SpeedGun doesn't. It is flatly impossible to drain a SpeedGun clip without using a stamina booster.

Endurance has nothing to do with it. It doesn't give any worthwhile increase in stamina until you're well into the 50+ base area. And Tanks cannot afford to even spend 10 points in END, let alone 100 or more.

Finally, I have absolutely no idea where these people with Nova CS get their ideas from. Monks have just as much force armor as they do fire/xray. It's piercing they're vulnerable to, bones cover the force. The difference is, every other class has much higher force armor than monks. So there's no point in using a Nova CS, unless you only ever fight against monks with 2 Exp Psi Controllers in and most of their STR in melee combat.

ezza
29-06-04, 19:05
gawd u know that speed gat has been the same ever since its been implimented...Why bitch about it now? NOOOOOOOOOBS!

P.S. This was my flame
no it hasnt.

stamina drain was never like it is now, i used to be able to fight mobs without having to take stam boosters.

and hey how about making it full auto again :D

Marx
29-06-04, 19:34

Agree 100%

Bit like its damage
Spec more poison resist.

LiL T
30-06-04, 05:44
Get some more athletics increases stam recharge rate and just use damn stam boosts the speed gat is powerfull a bit too powerfull and it aims great even long range

Indrid Cold
30-06-04, 08:38
Know why it eats stam so fast? Because is shoots so damned fast. Isn't it the gun with the fastest RoF in the game? Shouldn't it be eating your stamina the fastest?

I never really notice, but my Speedgat seems to work just fine.

YoDa-UK
30-06-04, 10:18
Not all the thread, but my guess is when they changed the stamina drain on melee users, it had a knock on effect to everything, maybe they can't change it for each weapon type, maybe its a set number for all.

So with that said, would speccing END now be a answer or is it still a waste of points?

Scragman
30-06-04, 10:44
meh...i notice the stamina drain but i find the time it takes to reload and change targets from a dead mob/player to an alive one is usually enuff for my stamina to sort itself out...only time i could have done with some stam boosters was in DoY tunnels when i had about 10 of those bloody doy guards with doomy type weps shootin me

Marx
30-06-04, 12:31
So with that said, would speccing END now be a answer or is it still a waste of points?
Unless you want to spec like 595 stam it would be a waste, hell even with that much it would probably be a waste.