PDA

View Full Version : Questions about agility/athletism

Cirith
27-06-04, 20:31
first question: does 75/75 agi/ath is same as 0/150 or 150/0 ?
second question : Is it true that the subskills agi and ath cap at 120 pt?

Scikar
27-06-04, 21:15
1) No. The formula isn't linear. When the changes were first made, the patch notes said that you would need over 300 in one skill to cap runspeed with none in the other. It is possible to take for example AGL up above 100+ and drop your ATH down a little, just remember you'll need a lot more in AGL than the ATH you remove. Using redflash, whiteflash and beast should help you experiment with them to find a balance you like.

2) 70/70 is the soft cap, above this point you will see a speed increase, but you get diminishing returns. You will probably find that you reach a point where you don't see any speed increase well before 120/120. Technically, there is no real hard cap as far as I'm aware (other than the point where the server kicks you for speedhacking, but I doubt you could get enough CON and DEX points to do that :p), but you will find effectively a hard cap when increasing the skills doesn't seem to increase your speed.

retr0n
27-06-04, 21:17
1) No. The formula isn't linear. When the changes were first made, the patch notes said that you would need over 300 in one skill to cap runspeed with none in the other. It is possible to take for example AGL up above 100+ and drop your ATH down a little, just remember you'll need a lot more in AGL than the ATH you remove. Using redflash, whiteflash and beast should help you experiment with them to find a balance you like.

CoDi stated a while back that 75/75 is the soft cap and that there is no
difference at all between 0/150 - 150/0 and 75/75.... Only wish i could
remember what thread it was in... Someone must know

- Primate

Scikar
27-06-04, 21:23
CoDi stated a while back that 75/75 is the soft cap and that there is no
difference at all between 0/150 - 150/0 and 75/75.... Only wish i could
remember what thread it was in... Someone must know

- Primate
It was Lupus I think, and it was immediately challenged by several people. Link here: Skills Guide (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=69477&page=13&pp=15), third from bottom is Lupus' post, notice the posts coming afterwards saying tests have shown otherwise.

retr0n
27-06-04, 21:28
It was Lupus I think, and it was immediately challenged by several people. Link here: Skills Guide (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=69477&page=13&pp=15), third from bottom is Lupus' post, notice the posts coming afterwards saying tests have shown otherwise.

Cool. Good thing i didnt bother lomming my tank when i read that a while
back :p

Oh and thnx

- Primate

Xylaz
27-06-04, 21:29
90/70 is probably more than you need (depends on the class though, as runspeed is affected by the dexterity/constitution as well - if i remember correctly).
from my experiments it seems that there is some practical runspeed cap - over this you will see the speed increase but only on your PC screen, on the server the different between 90/70 and 150/120 is almost non existant (2-3 meters difference while chasing over zone)
And even if the formula isnt linear, it is very close to it - i've tried 120/40; 110/50, 80/80 setups and all of em seemed to reach the runspeed cap (well, the practical one at least). But like scikar said - try to experiment with various speed drugs (we got lots of em now) - it will help you find the appropriate formula (and tbh, good runspeed is the speed you feel comfortable with, not any kind of artificial runspeed cap...)

az

Psycho Killa
27-06-04, 22:13
I dont know my monk has like 20 base athletics and I run like the wind. (Every single dex point in agility + melee3 + spy 3)

Shadow Dancer
27-06-04, 22:31
I dont know my monk has like 20 base athletics and I run like the wind. (Every single dex point in agility + melee3 + spy 3)

You wear PA? And how much AG does melee and spy add again?

Oh and what's your FPS?

Psycho Killa
27-06-04, 22:37
Im at work I dont know but melee and spy adds like 20 agility.

I also have very high fps.

3000xp, 512 megs of ram.

Haven't played my monk in a while but I did log onto it the other day and was just as fast as I remembered.

Cirith
27-06-04, 23:32
Well thank you for your responses, it seems that i need a little athletics,so i will put 50 ath and 130 agility,without drugs, i think it should be nice and i will be able to put points in vhc to drive and maybe in recicle, i m PE melee lot of dex point free :D ,but my cons setup will be not as great as i though :rolleyes:

Archeus
28-06-04, 00:07
There would have to be a hard cap to it, otherwise you would run faster then the server could report your location.

ichinin
28-06-04, 00:12
I did some experimenting with this earlier and with 90 Atletics and 160 Agility, you move like the wind on stereoids.. just got hold of Advanced movement 1 and 2 and going to try those implants too; sucks a bit that we spies cannot use AMC 3..

(Btw this was because i saw a guy on pluto in plaza 1 that ran like a rabbit with a stinger missile in it's ass. Unbelivable speed you can get if you gimp yourself totally..)

Shadow Dancer
28-06-04, 00:23
I think FPS has to do with it as well. I run faster in my app with PA and NO drugs. But go to plaza 1 and it's different.

retr0n
28-06-04, 01:19
I think FPS has to do with it as well. I run faster in my app with PA and NO drugs. But go to plaza 1 and it's different.

I think so aswell, I get pretty crappy FPS no matter where I am exept for my
app, where I have around 40ish. Otherwise it's like 10ish and It feels like i'm
slower.

- Primate

Scikar
28-06-04, 01:53
Interestingly, if you have a really good comp and run the offline tutorial, you run so fast it's practically impossible to run through doorways. ;)

-REMUS-
28-06-04, 02:11
Well 50 ath and 130 agl isnt enough, but ill leave you to find that out for yourself, but think it about it this way:

Its no good taking 5 dam less per cs burst than the next tank if you get hit more often, speed is essential unless your an OP tank in which case you will prolly be para'ed :p hehe

+yeah i've noticed that scikar, this game is too strange. Wonder what it would be like to play this game on a super computer...... 3000 3.5 ghz Opterons *drools*

Cirith
28-06-04, 02:35
well drugged i will be 170/50, i hope it will be enough.
if it' s not i ll put back points in ath.

-REMUS-
28-06-04, 02:38
There is a hard cap that comes in at around 120-40 not sure exactly where. So there isnt any point drugging.

Samhain
28-06-04, 07:20
Yeah, KK appears to have missed factoring in framerate in some spots. In my apartment I get 500fps and sometimes I walk from one side of the apartment to the other instantly.