PDA

View Full Version : [NC:BDOY-Brainport] CopBot Variation

Tratos
27-06-04, 01:39
:eek: An idea by Tratos, now just before you close the window atleast read the post :p

Back Story - Some of this is with the removal of safe zones in DOY but its just to set the scene

Due to the massive assault on Neocron City by the Dome Of York forces, the City Administration is forced to allow its citizens to carry weapons even in the inner sectors of the city for protection.

This is due to the amount of the City Administration's CopBot force lost protecting the city, the City Admin working with the NCPD and the corporations of Neocron City have made there best efforts to replace the CopBots by salvaging parts from the wreckage and useing lower quality parts and weapons.

Although this means the CopBots will be less effective they will be able to produce more of these units the City Administration will be using these units to protect the streets of the inner city, the remaining CopBots will be stationed at key points within the city such as public government buildings and the boarders into the red light district of Pepper Park.

The existing STORM bots within the city have been moved to the front line and have been replaced by slightly weaker units of the same type, with these changes the NCPD has been able to enhance their main military unit, the Elite STORM Unit these units now weild plasma cannons and deal a devistation amount of damage hopfully with this development it will not matter that the protection of the city is slightly weaker.

Now thats over with time for what i think should be done ;)

Proposed Changes

Unit - Substandard CopBot
Rank - 70/70
Weapon - Plasma Pistol
Description
Built from the salvaged remains of Cop/STORMBots they weild a plasma pistol but still pack quite a punch for their rank.

Unit - Standard CopBot
Rank - 80/80
Weapon - Plasma Rifle
Description

These are the remaining CopBots from before the war really took off using a plasma rifle they do alot of damage but are still defeated with 1-2 people

Unit - STORM Unit
Rank - 90/90 (100/100)
Weapon - Plasma Rifle
Description
Same as the Standard CopBot but dealing more damage with higher health

Unit - Elite STORM Unit
Rank - 120/120
Weapon - Plasma Cannon
Description
These revised Elite STORM Units now weild a plasma cannon dealing a high amout of damage and have alot of strength but can still be taken out by a team of around 5 runners

The End

Well this is what i think should happen with the Cop and STORM bots in NC:BDOY as it was stated that they would be toned down in the expansion also with these changes the units would use NORMAL plasma weapons with no sky plasma to make it extra funky.

So then, probably my longest post, please rate and vote in the poll, comments and critisism welcome.

:D

Clyde
27-06-04, 01:44
change 70 to 80, change 80 to 90, change the 90 to 100. those are pretty weak for a copbot and will be able to take down very easily by yourself. and more less, i think that copbots should have better names then those gay ones. Sergant, Squad leader and Captain. The squad leaders should spawn more copbots, you can even put a timer and a little system like message before he does like "Calling all patrol for back up........need assistance!" "ETA 5 seconds" some shit like that, i think that would be tight

Tratos
27-06-04, 01:47
change 70 to 80, change 80 to 90, change the 90 to 100. those are pretty weak for a copbot and will be able to take down very easily by yourself
thats the point ;) but there will be alot of the lower end units in teams so youd probably come across maybe 5-6 substandard units at once making them un soloable as they will do high damage for their ranks but have the health equivilent for their ranks.

Benjie
27-06-04, 02:06
Copbots should do High Damage but have low defence, and be practically useless for XP.

That way they can easily protect citizen and still be easy enough to take down.

Voted yes.

NS_CHROME54
27-06-04, 02:19
i quite like this idea

Judge
27-06-04, 02:20
Tis definitely growing on me.

SilentEye
27-06-04, 02:25
Me likes.

nobby
27-06-04, 03:16
quite a nice idea!
you get some stars! :lol:

cRazy2003
27-06-04, 03:21
quite a nice idea!
you get some stars! :lol:

omg that was funny!

:-|

Mr_Snow
27-06-04, 03:27
I like the current copbots but they should be weakened for DOY to make NC raidable and the sl loss for CA red faction killing them should be removed if it hasnt already(been a while since I killed a copbot), I just think that rifles suit copbots and stormbots, I always hated the crapped raygun pistol copbots in NCPD because they look shit and unintimidating aswell as why would copbots use enemy technology? As for plasma cannons those weapons are more suitable for wars rather then policing so shouldnt be seen on any storms or copbots in the city but should be used by storms and any other units put onto the battlefield by CA.

Tis a fairly good idea but I dont think any should be soloable and should take atleast ppu support to take down the weakest of copbots.

Epsilon 5
27-06-04, 05:25
I think the ranks should be 10 higher than proposed, with better names and higher levels spawning low level reinforcements, and the low levels should still use standard plasma rifles (i.e. not copbot rifles) and storm bots should have swirly (rares) to show they have the best shit .. elite storm bots should use CSes or ravagers, while standard storms use first loves.

Tratos
27-06-04, 11:10
I like the current copbots but they should be weakened for DOY to make NC raidable and the sl loss for CA red faction killing them should be removed if it hasnt already(been a while since I killed a copbot), I just think that rifles suit copbots and stormbots, I always hated the crapped raygun pistol copbots in NCPD because they look shit and unintimidating aswell as why would copbots use enemy technology? As for plasma cannons those weapons are more suitable for wars rather then policing so shouldnt be seen on any storms or copbots in the city but should be used by storms and any other units put onto the battlefield by CA.

Tis a fairly good idea but I dont think any should be soloable and should take atleast ppu support to take down the weakest of copbots.
i do fully agree about the plasma cannons as it is more of a war weapon rather than a side arm.

And what i would like instead of higher levels spawning lower levels is if you pass by a NCPD hover eye (which are being fixed in DOY?) they would call in the copbots (spawn them near you) if you were up to no good and perhaps they would spawn in a varied bunch such as a "Squad Leader" normal copbot and then a few substandard ones to deal with you which i think would be cool and perhaps these copbots would despawn once they were inactive for about 5 minutes or so

Underground
27-06-04, 15:22
But DOY will probably still get a few hundred 120/120 guards allover the place :rolleyes: ....

WebShock
27-06-04, 15:44
this idea is going to be implemented anyway, i dont know if its similar to what you propose but i remember kk saying they were gonna nerf the cops so that nc can be raided.

I really like the story behind the idea. no worries, this is going to happen regardless. how they implement it, is still a mystery to us all.

n3m
27-06-04, 16:16
they should spawn like the stormbots do in the offline demo, that looked pretty cool

Bred
27-06-04, 16:28
P I M P

I like the idea.

Rai Wong
27-06-04, 20:31
whats the point if noone plays pro CA, seriously being pro CA is dangerous enough already. unless the same thing is done to doy I hardly think its a good idea.

tomparadox
27-06-04, 21:06
Your idea has a posible exploit in it. They used to use regular plasma rifls for copbots, but it was an exploit because you could use some one as a human shild, by standing behind them the copbot would hit and kill the person the target was standing behind.

Due to that KK made Copbot plasma rifles. So with this said this is what i would do to your plan
:

Unit - Substandard CopBot
Rank - 70/70
Weapon - Copbot Plasma Pistol - Stronger version of a plasma pistol, shoots like a copbot rifle but with only 2 shots, like a plasma pistol...
Description
Built from the salvaged remains of Cop/STORMBots they weild a plasma pistol but still pack quite a punch for their rank.

Unit - Standard CopBot
Rank - 80/80
Weapon - Light copbotPlasma Rifle - weeker than normal copbot rifles, but shoots the same.
Description

These are the remaining CopBots from before the war really took off using a plasma rifle they do alot of damage but are still defeated with 1-2 people

Unit - STORM Unit
Rank - 90/90 (100/100)
Weapon - Heavy copbot Plasma Rifle - Jest as strong, if not a bit stronger than a copbot rifle.
Description
Same as the Standard CopBot but dealing more damage with higher health

Unit - Elite STORM Unit
Rank - 120/120
Weapon - Heavy copbot Plasma Cannon - Extremely Strong copbot plasma cannon. Shoots 4 shots to a burst, and about the same RoF as a caped CS, and good aiming.
Description
These revised Elite STORM Units now weild a plasma cannon dealing a high amout of damage and have alot of strength but can still be taken out by a team of around 5 runners

:

That would fix the potential exploit that could happen with regular plasma pistols/rifle/cannons.

Other than that it sounds like a good idea.

Epsilon 5
27-06-04, 21:30
how about a plasma rifle that doesn't cause collateral damage despite tracers, like pulselaser rifles?

tomparadox
27-06-04, 21:43
how about a plasma rifle that doesn't cause collateral damage despite tracers, like pulselaser rifles?
you meen have pulses come down and hit them insted of plasma?

Scikar
27-06-04, 21:48
I wouldn't call it an exploit to use someone as a human shield. Why would a CopBot really care if one citizen died in order to kill a terrorist and ensure the safety of Neocron? It's not like TGs etc are going to be running around Plaza 1 every few minutes, when one comes in people just have to learn to get out of the way when the CopBots start yelling.

tomparadox
27-06-04, 21:59
I wouldn't call it an exploit to use someone as a human shield. Why would a CopBot really care if one citizen died in order to kill a terrorist and ensure the safety of Neocron? It's not like TGs etc are going to be running around Plaza 1 every few minutes, when one comes in people just have to learn to get out of the way when the CopBots start yelling.
then why do we have copbot rifles? KK already tryed it, i dont know about you but if some fuck gets me killed by the copbot im going to be pissed off..

Another thing..

Look at a copbots roll, To protect the people of neocron. Hes not protecting them if hes killing them in the process.

about your get out of the way thing. people go afk you know?

Also KK declare this an exploit a while ago. when they did used to use Tangent plasma rifles or whatever they were... Thats why we have the copbot rifle now.

Mr_Snow
27-06-04, 22:03
“For Reza, for Neocron, for the people.”

In that order if hes protecting neocron and/or reza they are more inportant then a normal runner.

tomparadox
27-06-04, 22:05
omg, you people are so stupid...

Look, KK ALREADY SAID IT WAS AN XPLOIT, or we wouldent have the damn copbot rifle now. If KK whanted people useing other people as a human shild WE WOULD NOT HAVE THE COPBOT RIFLES...

Mr_Snow
27-06-04, 22:11
Yet you can do it with turrets and faction guards(except crahn) still, how can it be an exploit for copbots and not any other npc?And if it is why havent they changed all other npcs to stop it?

tomparadox
27-06-04, 22:16
Yet you can do it with turrets and faction guards(except crahn) still, how can it be an exploit for copbots and not any other npc?And if it is why havent they changed all other npcs to stop it?
Well, to tell you the truth, how offen do you see someone pissing off a faction guard, and standing behind a runnder? CA guards have copbot rifles, The only guards that would actualy be able to do this is PP. the rest of the guards are in almost empty zones. no point in going there to try.. There for, they dont fix it, because noones trying to do that.

Turrents? you meen TH turrents? barly anyone stays in TH. And the turrents do so much damage, that the dude probly wouldent live long enuf to go stand behind someone.

Venders cant be pissed off exept in pvp zones. and even if you piss one off, they do like no damage...

besides, IMO copbots deserv there own line of weapons... A copbot shouldent jest be some moron in a tin suit with a cannon.

Mr_Snow
27-06-04, 22:29
TH turrets dont do as much damage anymore and I meant op turrets, Ive killed people by putting them between their turrets and myself and Ive saved hackers lives by putting my ppu between stealth dropped turrets and the hacker yet this isnt an exploit while copbots hitting people is, it just doesnt make sence to me tbh and anywhere theres weapons there can be accidents so it makes more sence roleplay wise that people can be accidentaly hit by copbot shots.

Tratos
27-06-04, 22:31
tbh i think the actual plasma would be a nice twist and it gives Anti City the ability to hide as i believe is a Pro City runs though DOY they can hide behind anti city guys as the ray guns will hit them