PDA

View Full Version : Incentive to keep OP GR's open.

ichinin
27-06-04, 01:12
As a tradeskiller, i hate it when people lock down GR's just because they are paranoid or want the op for themselves.

Shouldnt there be a higher GR fee, say 10K to travel to a GR to make clans open up the GR's a bit more as they see that they can make money on the op?

If not, well.. then post why.

cRazy2003
27-06-04, 01:18
As a tradeskiller, i hate it when people lock down GR's just because they are paranoid or want the op for themselves.

Shouldnt there be a higher GR fee, say 10K to travel to a GR to make clans open up the GR's a bit more as they see that they can make money on the op?

If not, well.. then post why.

people close GR's so other clans cant gr directly to the OP and attack it.

amfest
27-06-04, 01:27
Well . .. on one side money is not so important on the high level end game sorta thing. And the money you do need can typically be made on tech hunts. A clan that doesn't want anyone near their Op that's hostile won't care that much about money .. they just want it tough to attack. It will make it sorta crappy for low levels with no money that do have the GRs open to fly around them.

On the other hand. having a raised GR cost can make the use of vehicles important and the use of public GRs even more desirable. Which puts more people on predictable travel routes. Which can be a good thing for sneak attack bandits (pfft like you can really be a bandit with safe slot) Or what not.

yea maybe just make GR costs raised up alot more across the board ;)

Benjie
27-06-04, 01:32
Gen Repping from Neocron to Escador should not cost 5k, but 50k. It's the whole fucking map For FS! But read the rest of my post.

This would be a good incentive to keeping Gen Reps open. It would also be encouragment to walk or drive; both of which are parts of the game.

people close GR's so other clans cant gr directly to the OP and attack it.
They can still do that with this system.

cRazy2003
27-06-04, 01:36
Gen Repping from Neocron to Escador should cost at least 100k. It's the whole fucking map For FS!

And yes, this would be a good incentive to keeping Gen Reps open. It would also be encouragment to walk or drive.

5 stars.

They can still do that with this system. O_o It's entirely up to the clan.

thats far to much money for a GR, theres still the larger SI bonus to dont forget that, but someone could end up saving up all week just to go level in one of the northern caves or mob spawning spots for a few hours.

Benjie
27-06-04, 01:37
thats far to much money for a GR, theres still the larger SI bonus to dont forget that, but someone could end up saving up all week just to go level in one of the northern caves or mob spawning spots for a few hours.
Perhaps thats true. I edited my post from 100k to 50k. One thing to add; the old Gen Rep costs reflect the old econamy. Things have changed.

Judge
27-06-04, 01:52
Thats just going to scare off noobs... "Here pay you're entire days earnings to go to a leveling spot."

Scikar
27-06-04, 01:55
In other words force everyone to build APCs etc. just to be able to fight in OP wars? No thanks.

ou7blaze
27-06-04, 01:59
EDIT : Wrong post sorry ...

ichinin
27-06-04, 01:59
If anyone else has any other ideas to make people open them up without getting run over by a same faction/neutral clan, then please post..

Scikar
27-06-04, 02:01
Add an exclude list, so any allied/neutral clans/runners or even factions who consistently destroy turrets/attack the OP can be blacklisted without the OP having to be sealed off from all allies and neutrals. Then it would work.

Judge
27-06-04, 02:46
Yes, and more security options.

So that they can leave they genrep open to all, but also have their turrents shooting any combination of people.

VetteroX
27-06-04, 05:35
theres a decent amount of public GR's now. one in the south east would be nice but thats all we need. Why should people who did nothing to fight for GRs get to use them? espeicially LE scum, ops are pvp oriented, LE's shouldnt be able to GR there.

Epsilon 5
27-06-04, 06:39
Perhaps thats true. I edited my post from 100k to 50k. One thing to add; the old Gen Rep costs reflect the old econamy. Things have changed.

Any kind of flat fee is bad for n00bs. Like in real life, a flat tax rate hurts poor people while richer ones can handle it.

Besides, I'm one of the few in neocron that can't make any money (points to sig), and even 4k GRing can end up to be alot .. GR from city to bdome - 4k - GR back to city because there's a pker about to kill me - 4k - GR to some other neutral spot - 4k .. hopefully no one there.

amfest
27-06-04, 06:42
theres a decent amount of public GR's now. one in the south east would be nice but thats all we need. Why should people who did nothing to fight for GRs get to use them? espeicially LE scum, ops are pvp oriented, LE's shouldnt be able to GR there.
I"m starting to think vet has this secret love interest in the LE and hides it by being openly aggressive to them. though I think bring up LEs in this post was pretty pointless :p

Anyhow it's true though there are plenty of public GRs around now. Yea as in south east sherman bay would be an alright position for a public GR. I still think costs should be raised on GR'in

In other words force everyone to build APCs etc. just to be able to fight in OP wars? No thanks.
With runspeeds it seriously doesn't take TOO long to get anywhere in this game with running. APCs and such would give you a distinct edge in transportion though cause then everyone wouldn't have to worry about traversing the land on their own. Making vehicles more viable I'm all for also. With runspeeds there isn't much point uless you're in a rhino since it has good armor or vehing on a fast hovertech. And since I know they wont' nerf runspeed :\

Thats just going to scare off noobs... "Here pay you're entire days earnings to go to a leveling spot."
Nothing stops anyone from running or riding a vehicle to a leveling spot except being lazy. There are far too many GRs about that people can use . . . when the closing of GRs began people started bitching because they had it way to easy before. Anyhow saying that the GR is open and the costs of using the GR were raised that wouldn't effect you if you have the GR marked, its open and you die and spawn at the GR. So anyone would just have to travel once to their leveling spot and then as long as it's open if you die you can respawn there. The wastes are mostly empty because mostly everyone hangs out in the city safe zones or their apts and then when they want to level they "GR" to their hunting ground. There is hardly any travel much in the wastes :\.

I'd personaly love seeing more people having to travel a distance to get to their favorite hunting ground because it brings more danger into it. Will I make it there in one piece? Will there be an abush along the paths to the hunting grounds? (GR abushing is lame :p ) ah well ... I'll stop now ;)

greploco
27-06-04, 16:37
taxes

that would work

every time a constructor makes something at a friendly factory it costs 500k to 1k ------- or even better, the owning clan can set the tax rate to whatever they want, constructors from the owning clan would pay no taxes.

every time a researcher makes something at a friendly lab --- same thing

owning ops would mean a bit more

Archeus
27-06-04, 16:54
Tax on constructed items sounds reasonable, but then the bonus should only be given in the underground so the player is making a serious choice to use the OPs bonus system.

That tax shouldn't be crazy. 1k per CST'ed item or there abouts. Or maybe a bonus for slots created.

Add to that how about giving the items an OP tag? Like...

4 slot outstanding Commando stamped by "Dark Light".

Scikar
27-06-04, 19:57
With runspeeds it seriously doesn't take TOO long to get anywhere in this game with running. APCs and such would give you a distinct edge in transportion though cause then everyone wouldn't have to worry about traversing the land on their own. Making vehicles more viable I'm all for also. With runspeeds there isn't much point uless you're in a rhino since it has good armor or vehing on a fast hovertech. And since I know they wont' nerf runspeed :\

Running on foot, or taking a vehicle from one of the few ASGs, is far, far too slow to get to an OP to defend it, don't you think? Besides, that leaves you on the outside, where the attackers are, trying to get inside to your team mates.

athon
27-06-04, 20:03
Not on all servers. The economy on Uranus is sane by the (admittedly guided only by forum posts and not actual play) standards of servers like Saturn.

As a member of FA, we cannot open our ops to anyone outside of our faction because of the friendly clans who persist in attacking them. There is NOTHING that will make us open our ops except them not being a danger any more. Personally I am hoping that the more empire orientated system that BDoY is said to be bringing will do this.

Athon Solo

Bred
27-06-04, 20:04
Money is very easy to get. even 100k to GR like benjie originally said isn't a whole lot. Not when you clan has north of 100 mil, or 200 mil, or more.

Bred

athon
27-06-04, 20:08
Money is very easy to get. even 100k to GR like benjie originally said isn't a whole lot. Not when you clan has north of 100 mil, or 200 mil, or more.

Bred
Please tell me how many clans on each server have this amount. I can tell you that Uranus is going to be 0 (zero) - possibly 1. What about unclanned runners? LE'd runners? newbies?

Athon Solo

Archeus
27-06-04, 21:17
Please tell me how many clans on each server have this amount. I can tell you that Uranus is going to be 0 (zero) - possibly 1. What about unclanned runners? LE'd runners? newbies?

Athon Solo

As crazy as this may seem, but they get this from holding OP's or having constructor setups in thier clans.

Scikar
27-06-04, 21:19
As crazy as this may seem, but they get this from holding OP's or having constructor setups in thier clans.
So why punish people in clans without OPs, or people who prefer to play mostly solo without building APCs etc over and over?

Archeus
27-06-04, 21:24
So why punish people in clans without OPs, or people who prefer to play mostly solo without building APCs etc over and over?

How are they trying to punish them? They are making suggestions to keep GR's open to others and people are just making the point that most Clans who own ops already have a wad of cash because of it.

So other incentives need to be made.

Judge
27-06-04, 21:31

Bred

Not everyone is in a clan. Not everyone wants to be in a clan. People should not be forced to join a clan, and even if they want to join a clan they shouldn't be forced into one of the super clans, rather than the clan they want to.

Mr_Snow
27-06-04, 21:33

Because everybody has to be in giant clans so that they can do anything, everything is forcing the small clan of friends into the big zerg clans so that they can gr anywhere that isnt camped, so that they can make money so that they can buy stuff in the over-inflated economies of neocron so they can get to a decent levelling spot without being pked at a public gr.

amfest
27-06-04, 21:50
Make it that a clan's faction is taken into account on the Op so a clan in the same faction can't take it over. Maybe even Allies also though I"m sure more people would complain. But maybe that system would force people to pick some less used factions ;) It's not like if you and another clan in your faction "can't" fight. But at least Ops could be opened up for faction and/or allies and no worries there.

*shrugs* keep in mind it's only a suggestion so no flames plz ;)

Genty
27-06-04, 21:52
An incentive to keep GR's open would be if your allies did'nt come and attack your OP's.........

amfest
27-06-04, 21:59
An incentive to keep GR's open would be if your allies did'nt come and attack your OP's.........
Well another thing that could be done is a massive penalty for taking over an Op that was an allies. I mean Come on. You're taking over something that was owned by an ally or even the same faction. That's just wrong without any penalty. You're destroying faction relationships. Maybe the clan gets a cut on the Op bonus so they hardly get a bonus from it and instead of gaining money they lose money cause they have to pay. If clan funds reach 0 they lose ownership of the Op and it's up for grabs for free. It also won't let them take the Op when funds exhast for a full RL day due to the possibility of exploiting by taking money out of clan funds letting it reset and then taking it for free with no punishment.

Psycho Killa
27-06-04, 22:02
1) Make clan wars possible ( No soullight loss either)
2) Allies (Maybe neutral dunno havent thought it through enough) are not allowed to take an op from you unless you are at war.
3) Turrets attack all who you are at war with/ put a setting for that.

L3m0n
27-06-04, 22:09
Not everyone is in a clan. Not everyone wants to be in a clan. People should not be forced to join a clan, and even if they want to join a clan they shouldn't be forced into one of the super clans, rather than the clan they want to.
If you want Clan benifits like a good leveling spot or a lab you have to be in a clan that owns them, simple realy.
If you chose not to be in the clan that owns "x" OP its up to you to make your own way there.
Most clans fight long and hard and spend lots of cash to hold OPs so why should they let some guy who wants to cap his constr or nOOb go there when they have done nothing in return?

The Tax idea doesnt solve this.

naimex
27-06-04, 23:06
remove all GRs introduce new vehicles.

Archeus
27-06-04, 23:07
If you want Clan benifits like a good leveling spot or a lab you have to be in a clan that owns them, simple realy.
If you chose not to be in the clan that owns "x" OP its up to you to make your own way there.
Most clans fight long and hard and spend lots of cash to hold OPs so why should they let some guy who wants to cap his constr or nOOb go there when they have done nothing in return?

The Tax idea doesnt solve this.

So what else would? Anyway, you can support a clan that holds an op without having to be in that clan.

tomparadox
27-06-04, 23:10
I say yes, maby...

IMO they need to fix cyc and CRP. people what to lvl at CRP but because of some paranoyed clan, they lock the GR, so noone can get there... but yes, i like the idea of paying more to get passed the locked GR. sounds ok, although money for a tradeskiller has no meening...

formori
28-06-04, 14:13
GRs should be free to be used.

if they are worried by people using them to hack your ops.

make them accessable to LE users and anyone who is allowed by clan

Archeus
28-06-04, 14:17
make them accessable to LE users and anyone who is allowed by clan

Allowed by clan (eg. Op war screenies). LE users = No. Too open for abuse.

winnoc
28-06-04, 14:32
C'mon,

a tradeskiller can easily spec enough vehicle to drive himself there.

When i need techs researched, i just hop in the rhino and drive to a lab.
If i need rares built, i hop in the rhino and drive to a factory.

Original monk
28-06-04, 14:59
Make Op's extremely hard to take over ... fences, build in turrets, lasers ... crazy stuff to get ahold of em ... but let those GR's stay open ...

in combat the GR have no actual use ... closing of youre genrep doesnt gonna prevent you from getting youre op hacked ...

they yust wonna close em off so they have to spend less on turrets probably ...

and lemon's tought about things clearify's alot: thats saturn mentality: so what does everyone do ?? ow X clan has alot of Op's and X clan is Y faction so we better all change to Y faction so we have easy acces to levelingspot: tadaa, this is how factionhoppers are created ...

i voted YES: its a good idea, make all GR's open again

make it more expensive to GR, let the clans have the GRmoney, remove the moneybonus ya get from an OP (cause they will get more then enough GRfee's with everyone passing by, so the most popular, most used genreps are worth alot and worth fighting for: all those fee's !)

and make it really hard to take over an op, decent semi-build in defense with fences and stuff, also with somekind of alarm systems if someone acces youre Op and things like that ... maybe even camera's in youre clanappartment that you can follow whats going on inside those OP's i dunno (as suggested in a thread a week ago)

i say yes, free up Gr's, free up neocron

edit: and i also agree 100% with what psycho killa said: fix those clanwarthings and let neutrals be unable to hack an op unless there at war ...

and more of that nice stuff :)

(*****)

winnoc
28-06-04, 15:05
Freedom leads to anarchy.
Close off the whole place, make the gates of neocron locked to anti city factions.
Make vendors hostile to factions, hostile to the owners of the op.

It's a war ffs.

Give us more ASG's :D

Birkoff
28-06-04, 15:34
PPL that say its to expensive are idiots as at the momment its impossible so ud have to pay a lot. dont do it then, u cant now.

Totally agrtee with PK... implement something we have been waiting for for like 3 years ffs :)

ezza
28-06-04, 15:35
with Gr at elfarid, battle dome, escador, pointred, racetrack and crest there is plenty of free Grs that allow you to Gr to various locations on the map, and the you only have to run for what 2 or3 mins tops to get to where you want.

i see np with the way GRs are right now

L3m0n
28-06-04, 16:49
with Gr at elfarid, battle dome, escador, pointred, racetrack and crest there is plenty of free Grs that allow you to Gr to various locations on the map, and the you only have to run for what 2 or3 mins tops to get to where you want.

i see np with the way GRs are right now

100% agree :p