PDA

View Full Version : How to lvl a hybrid

Terayon
26-06-04, 23:18
I have a base psi 82 hybrid monk, and he is unplayable right now. Chaos caves gives me almosy np xp. My rank is above the teaming rank of almost everyone who goes to chaos caves. So, how do you level a hybrid monk?

LiL T
26-06-04, 23:38
use energy barrel at el farid underground ;)

Psycho Killa
26-06-04, 23:47
And how do u suppose he will get xp off of mobs half the rank of the ones hes complaining hes gets no xp from now?

ezza
27-06-04, 00:55
And how do u suppose he will get xp off of mobs half the rank of the ones hes complaining hes gets no xp from now?
second level, belive me you get XP

Terayon
27-06-04, 00:59
I just did el farid.... decent xp... but still a little lacking. maybe if that melee tank wasent always in my way.... is there a place like el farid where the mobs do more damage and give more xp?

Omnituens
27-06-04, 01:00
second level, belive me you get XP
600k in 2 hours isnt good leveling. thats 99>100 with combat rank 89, killing over 850 scorpions

ezza
27-06-04, 01:00
300k in 2 hours isnt good leveling. thats 99>100 with combat rank 89
30mins 2million xp rank 78/52 ***

edit: just in the second level of elfarid, i have leveled 20 psi in a week, nothing solid in hunting terms, a hour here hour there.

great XP imo

Omnituens
27-06-04, 01:03
30mins 2million xp rank 78/52 ***
your skill rank shows that you are no where near capped, while im doing level 99>100

You will get bored, fast.

ezza
27-06-04, 01:03
your skill rank shows that you are no where near capped, while im doing level 99>100

You will get bored, fast.
atm im 5 psi from cap

Terayon
27-06-04, 01:05
WTF! hard to beleive you get that much xp. What kinda hybrid are you?

Omnituens
27-06-04, 01:06
atm im 5 psi from cap
whats that? about 40m from cap? and it will get slower because your combat rank will increase AND leveling up in another level. Trust me, good xp doesnt last long.

ezza
27-06-04, 01:07
whats that? about 40m from cap? and it will get slower because your combat rank will increase AND leveling up in another level. Trust me, good xp doesnt last long.
with my current rank i still xp fom grey mobs(ive checked and i do)using holy energy barrell

oh and why dont you drop your rank down you dont have to keep it that high :rolleyes:

Terayon
27-06-04, 01:09
Thats why you are leveling so fast... my hybrid uses regular energy barrell and blessed heal n such. lvling is so horrable.... 1 hour and 500k xp.

Scikar
You could just not spend the points until you cap, then your rank won't increase. Also armor has an effect on rank, so you could try things like only wearing your fire belt when you go to El Farid and taking off all of your spirit armor.

ezza
Thats why you are leveling so fast... my hybrid uses regular energy barrell and blessed heal n such. lvling is so horrable.... 1 hour and 500k xp.
aha, i aint gone the blessed heal route

Omnituens
27-06-04, 01:10
oh and why dont you drop your rank down you dont have to keep it that high :rolleyes:
dont give that shit.

as soon as pull out any aggressive spells, i hit that combat rank.

ezza
27-06-04, 01:12
dont give that shit.

as soon as pull out any aggressive spells, i hit that combat rank.
funny i drop my rank to 3 if i zone a bit, pull out my holy energy barrell get rank of 65ish, pull out my holy energy halo rank of 78

so it aint shit

Scikar
27-06-04, 01:53
If you think about it, with that defence, there's not many mobs that are going to kill you. So it makes sense really that your rank is quite high, because only high level mobs pose any real threat.

jernau
27-06-04, 11:11
Armour has no effect on rank.

It sounds like there is something odd here with ranks, my hybrid is nowhere near that high. IIRC is 73/62 using his HL and he's at 99PSI. Are you aiming for an external-buff setup or armour-swapping or anything like that?

Original monk
27-06-04, 11:11
aha, i aint gone the blessed heal route

then youre yust an apu that specced a littlebit of ppu...

you can try to get youre hand on a psikamichip wich give you extreme % on weapons ... this way maybe youre able to use other barrels and get more xp ... ideal for the last levels but problem is that youre rank gonna stay fucked ...

i do the same as you now but i try to get my rank at about 71 attack wich is hard but possible .. the moment you get a psi attack 3 from a ppu ya go get a flashlight and zone about 50 times to get that rank away as soon as possible

have fun leveling, i stil think they can give hybrids that liitlebit extra of attackpower ... ffcourse this isnt gonna happen cause probably they boost the apu-based hybrids with it who on their turn gonna get overpowerd ...

maybe lower a few more midranged spells ? in apureq's ? wont be bad for the noobie-apu's also :)

Scikar
27-06-04, 11:13
Armour has no effect on rank.

It sounds like there is something odd here with ranks, my hybrid is nowhere near that high. IIRC he's about 68 combat rank using his HL and he's at 99PSI. Are you aiming for an external-buff setup or armour-swapping or anything like that?

I haven't tested armor personally, but it is in the patch notes.

Ranks for monks are generally most influenced by ppw. So that would be the first thing I would check if I thought my monk's rank was high.

Birkoff
27-06-04, 11:22
Capped my hybrid again last night chaos caving (rank 88), stop bitching on here and go lvl ffs. Your a hybrid you don't get everything easy.

jernau
27-06-04, 11:45
I haven't tested armor personally, but it is in the patch notes.

Ranks for monks are generally most influenced by ppw. So that would be the first thing I would check if I thought my monk's rank was high.
PA will affect rank of course. Nothing else should.

ezza
27-06-04, 11:57
then youre yust an apu that specced a littlebit of ppu...

not really, i can use up to shelter/blessed def/heat and haz resist and use HL.

while your blessed guy is standing there doing 5 damage to a enemy i be killing them

jernau
27-06-04, 12:01
not really, i can use up to shelter/blessed def/heat and haz resist and use HL.

while your blessed guy is standing there doing 5 damage to a enemy i be killing themThat sounds a lot like my setup but your rank is higher. Is that rank after you've been PSI3 buffed or are you using PA3 and removing it to buff?

ezza
27-06-04, 12:03
That sounds a lot like my setup but your rank is higher. Is that rank after you've been PSI3 buffed or are you using PA3 and removing it to buff?
no psi 3, its my own rank which i get without pa 3, i get that from my 4 slot holy energy halo

jernau
27-06-04, 12:07
no psi 3, its my own rank which i get without pa 3, i get that from my 4 slot holy energy halo
Definitely something odd then. Mine is lower with a 5-slot HL.

ezza
27-06-04, 12:09
Definitely something odd then. Mine is lower with a 5-slot HL.
try getting a holy energy halo with good slottage(if you aint got one) and see what rank it gives you

$tormbringer
27-06-04, 12:12
cap psi as apu, loms, psi base 96 - 97 then, just 3 lvl to go.

jernau
27-06-04, 12:27
try getting a holy energy halo with good slottage(if you aint got one) and see what rank it gives you
5-slot = 78/62 8|

It does no where near as much damage though so that is monged.

@$tormbringer - It's even less than that. Pure APU -> HL hybrid is about 1.5 levels. You only need about 8mil XP to get back to 100PSI if you start at max.

Original monk
27-06-04, 12:33
while your blessed guy is standing there doing 5 damage to a enemy i be killing them

hehe thats 9 damage ya hear

n3m
27-06-04, 12:53
I used to solo the Catlock Chaos Caves with my hybrid, took about an hour or so and got about 4-6mill in xp. but he's DRE now so red to bd and tg..

My ranks shoots up if I use the Basic 2, then switch back to HL. 118%dmg and 120 in freq
from psi3 my rank goes up to 86

Koshinn
27-06-04, 12:58
Isn't level 2 el farid on pluto still not spawning?

Archeus
27-06-04, 15:18
Quality of the spells effects rank, as well as how many you are carrying. PPU spells are the worst for this. Use store bought PPU spells and carry as few as possible.

Sleawer
27-06-04, 15:59
Very long time ago (and I mean VERY) rank used to be affected by armour. That's how I got my first star on the monk.

IceStorm
27-06-04, 16:31
second level, belive me you get XPShow-off. Second level on Pluto has nothing in it. :-(

Terayon
27-06-04, 19:17
birkoff im not whining i asked a question.

also i actualy do decent damage. when you might have to run off and heal i can geet barreling and it uses almost no psi power from my massive psi pool. Ive decided to eat a few loms and use holy energy barrel though just to cap. also i hear a psi attack 2 is better then holy energy halo. for pvp anyways.

tomparadox
27-06-04, 19:37
Very long time ago (and I mean VERY) rank used to be affected by armour. That's how I got my first star on the monk.
wasent that only in beta?

Hmm... i mighthalf to try some of the adivise on here :p so i can cap my hyb...