PDA

View Full Version : Trade Skillers on Uranus

GambitFlame
26-06-04, 20:36
Well in my struggle to find any Pokers / CST'er / Ressers i came up with an idea that kinda robs a similar idea from the SWG forums.

They have a stickied thread in which people can post information about their vendors and what they stock etc.

What i was thinkin (hint hint) is to make a sticky thread or make this sticky where tradeskillers could post their ingame names and what type or skills and level they have, so if anyone needs anything they can just click on this thread and see who they need to talk too.

This would also give CST'ers a boost so they can pimp their skills without having to always resort to spamming the trade channel.

Oh and before anyone says 'Well why just uranus' then why cant there be 4 threads 1 for each server.

Good Idea / Bad Idea constructive criticism is always welcome, cos any idea can be improved on.

Dear Community i leave this in your hands :)

msdong
26-06-04, 20:42
u looking for what ?

i sit here watching tradechannels all day (exept NC :)) and waiting to get payed for pokin research of normal stuff, L and T parts. selling dope recycling and repair stuff. but nobody ask .... at least the last 5 hours

Epsilon 5
26-06-04, 21:13
The demand for tradeskillers is not constant - it's a vicious circle thing.

People are looking for tradeskillers, but there's no one. Tradeskillers come online and 3 people ask them services, then no one need anything for 20 minutes. Tradeskiller gives up and go shoot shit. People ask for stuff, and no tradeskiller is online.

If i sit with my 178/150 CST, i will get a decent request every 30 minutes, and a n00b buold every 5-10 mins. It makes NO money, NO experience. I'll go back to making drugs.

Epsilon 5
26-06-04, 21:16
They have a stickied thread in which people can post information about their vendors and what they stock etc.

I'm hoping with the DOY vendors thing you can do a search (ingame) typing keywords or have a search list of what you're looking for and get a list of vendors (i.e. type "redflash", or select "Energy beam"" with "at least" "2 slots" in option .. etc

msdong
26-06-04, 21:36
buy stuff is no problem with doy when we get the player vendors.

but for pokin and repair all the players sit down in P2 and ask for a trader on locaL.
you get some call on faction but if i like to have work i need to go to Plaza becaus ppl are to lazy to switch channels and travel some distance.

Zaq
27-06-04, 01:27
I've been online all night and not seen one person ask for services on SKILL-NC channel

You will not see me hanging in plaza 2 I have better things to do

I ress/rep btw DM if you need

Codrum
27-06-04, 05:05
What if you could have a local/direct/clan/buddy/whatever channel selected, but still recieve Trade channel messages, so you dont have to hang around P2.
Just make it so you have to mute the channel so you dont see the messages, or to respond to someone, just select the channel, same as now.

I check the trade channels occasionaly, but there are no messages and no one responds to mine. No one seems to use it on Uranus because, ........no one is using it ;)

It is a pain to sit and holler for a poker or cster, when ones not there. Then I log my alt for someone else(hes a resser/repper), a poker shows up, I relog back, and the poker is gone :(