PDA

View Full Version : vidio capture tool...

tomparadox
26-06-04, 20:32
whats a good vidio tool to capture ingame vidios? i need one that, has good FPS, whont lag a game like UT2004, is free, and 3 seconds of vidio isent going to take up like 50 MB like fraps dose...

Mighty Max
26-06-04, 20:42
wont lag a game ?

Then i can only recomment to use a gfx card with video out & capture it via a second PC (capture card) or a VCR and recapture it again later when the game aint running anymore.

greploco
27-06-04, 17:08
there is something called "fraps" but it's pretty much an exercise in pain if you do everything on one machine

I think all these vids we have seen have captured video externally -- either with another PC or a camcorder -- not hard as most cards these days have addational outputs

Saza
27-06-04, 17:09
Just do what I did... look for my second video thread, got a full description of what to do.

Budzilla
27-06-04, 17:42
Search for HyperCam or get the Adobe premiere!

:) 15min = 250meg ithink it was!

alig
27-06-04, 18:21
You will always have some lag recording from a gfx card you are playing the game with and the reason why the files are so big is because the recording program does'nt have enough time to compress the files. You need another program for that.

Im gunna go try recording now ...got my X800 in so we'll see if this can handle recording at the same time.

INFERNO22
27-06-04, 22:58
Just do what I did... look for my second video thread, got a full description of what to do.

but saza ur meathod in making the vid, the quality of it was v poor and size large

amfest
27-06-04, 23:04
HyperCam you can choose which compression you want but I have a crappy system so I can't put a good fps for it to record at :\. My video card is crap also so while i'm recording I get some funky glitches .. d'oh

tomparadox
27-06-04, 23:21
Ok, thank you, ill go search for HyperCam i gess then.