PDA

View Full Version : Windows problem

TheonlyoneIknow
26-06-04, 17:23
At least once a day I get the following error message which if I'm playing Neocron, throws me out to dt, (doesn't crash NC though).

Title

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services

Description

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Main body of text

If you were in the middle of something, the infromation you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

Anyone have a clue why I get this everyday?

I have a corrupt, early version of the NC cd and was told to download the full 1.3GB file from the fileplanet link. I left the pc on all night, waited for god knows how long in the queue to start downloading, then after 241MB, this little chappy rears its ugly head and it crashes the pc.

I run Win XP Pro, fully updated. No antivirus, no firewall, (except the inbuilt XP one). It's really pissing me off, so any techines who might know a fix for this, I'd sure appreciate your words of wisdom.

TooIk

Lexxuk
26-06-04, 18:56
try installing an anti-virus and a firewall, the windows firewall is about as useful as a not very useful thing. if you find your clean of virus's, slap in your windows CD, open a command prompt and type sfc /scannow to make sure none of ur system files are corrupt or removed.

WebShock
26-06-04, 19:21
symptoms of a virus or currupt OS. Lexxuk said it all.