PDA

View Full Version : Driv3r

n3m
26-06-04, 17:15
Anyone played this yet?

Got it on Xbox, and god damn it's hard :(
I need to drive some vhcs into a truck, which is driving way to fast and makes turns every 2 seconds :<

mad fun though, and it looks very sexy. :D

Clownst0pper
26-06-04, 17:25
Ive been told its awful..

Released 2 weeks early, bugs, graphical problems, clipping, bad dialogue and story.

The list goes on, still selling well though - thats console gamers, easily pleased ;) :lol:

n3m
26-06-04, 17:29
So far it actually looks a lot like GTA vice city with better gfx physics and lighting effects.

can't comment on the story, so far it's ok-ish I guess :) It's not like GTA had a great story.

Opar
26-06-04, 18:03
GTA had a decent story.

give it 2 years. It'll be out on PC with better GFX for quarter of the price.

Lethys
26-06-04, 18:07
The first Driver is still one of my favourite games ever. Driver 2 was crap, and Driv3r is average.

Tratos
26-06-04, 18:31
The first Driver is still one of my favourite games ever. Driver 2 was crap, and Driv3r is average.
The shitness of Driver 2 can not be shown in words it was that bad, i may have to have a look into Driv3r though

cRazy2003
26-06-04, 18:42

driver 2 is still one of my favourate :p it has shit graphics etc but the gameplay was just the best.

El_MUERkO
26-06-04, 18:44
the truck does that as a way of dragging out the lenght of a shite game, prepare for the worst cause thats what driv3r is

Cyphor
26-06-04, 19:50
Released 2 weeks early, bugs, graphical problems, clipping, bad dialogue and story.

The list goes on, still selling well though - thats console gamers, easily pleased ;) :lol:

it wasnt the publishers that released it early it was a store that broke the release date and sold it early, making all other stores able to sell in early, in the uk anyway...

Odin
26-06-04, 20:18
Had it. Sold it already. Ill concieved, bland, highly buggy, bad voice acting and just outright boring. Needed at least another 6 months of development. Total GTA knockoff done bad and released early in fear of the real thing.

SypH
26-06-04, 20:24
it wasnt the publishers that released it early it was a store that broke the release date and sold it early, making all other stores able to sell in early, in the uk anyway...
Wrong! The publishers pushed it out to stores alot sooner than it should have been. The game is still buggy and quite frankly shit. I dont think Atari's QA team even bothered to test this thing for more than 5 minutes. Stores selling it a week earlier than it should have been doesnt change the fact that it's buggier than an ant hill. Thankfully I work for Game so I got to play it before I even thought of buying that POS game.

eric-the-ded
26-06-04, 20:50
i must know..
does driver 3 still have free ride mode with the replay editor?
that was my favorite part of the previous driver games. crashing around town then directing a replay with crazy angles. the story, the walking controls, dumb AI.. none of that maters to me as long as i can direct crazy replays of freeride mayhem.

Cyphor
26-06-04, 21:53
Wrong! The publishers pushed it out to stores alot sooner than it should have been. The game is still buggy and quite frankly shit. I dont think Atari's QA team even bothered to test this thing for more than 5 minutes. Stores selling it a week earlier than it should have been doesnt change the fact that it's buggier than an ant hill. Thankfully I work for Game so I got to play it before I even thought of buying that POS game.

That WAS the reason it was out a week before its release, it might have needed another 6 months but it wasnt rushed out ahead of its intended release date. I wasn't disputing the state of the game just the impression that the publisher pushed it out early.

Candaman
26-06-04, 21:58
highly buggy...... Needed at least another 6 months of development.......released early in fear of the real thing.

Pot kettle black eh odin

HatchetRyda
26-06-04, 22:16
Xbox sucks though, controls tooo big for my hands... :)

J. Folsom
26-06-04, 22:20
They sell them with a smaller controller too if you need that. :p

Clownst0pper
27-06-04, 01:36

The new controller which ships with the xbox as standard, is the one originally designed for the Japanese market (they have tiny hands)

It is small, light, and extremely sexy to hold - Extremely nice pad.

@ Odin - I was so right ;)

Benjie
27-06-04, 03:00
Xbox sucks

The Xbox is quite a good console actually. You get some really nice games on it that you wouldn't see on the Gamecube, although the Gamecube is a lovely console too. I have both, and there both good in drastically different ways.

OTIS
27-06-04, 03:09
i just rented riddick and full spectrum warrior...riddick was really and really fast i beat it in like 8 hours and full spectrum warrior is just fuckin sweet!!! :D