PDA

View Full Version : Poll:Bring Back Kamikaze's on Saturn.!!!

Menolak
26-06-04, 02:51
I play with a Kamikaze APU on Venus, and my hybrid APU uses a Kami,also...I'm building a new hybrid on Saturn, but I never really thought about the lack of Kami's here (fits really well with my setup)...kinda wondering if it's worth it now...I really enjoy my Kami, for sure, I've got low resists, but you have to hit me to kill me..with most of my con/dex points in agility/athletics, I move like a melee tank on speed, do insane damage without my PA on, and can heal/shelter/deflector myself quite efficiently....
Any chance Kami's will come back here?

cRazy2003
26-06-04, 02:53
why just saturn?

Menolak
26-06-04, 02:54
why just saturn?
Oh, they are gone from everywhere? Thought it was just Saturn...(though to be honest, I dont even know if they still drop on Venus, I've got some, that's all I care about, I guess..oops)

Richard Slade
26-06-04, 02:54
why just saturn?
Cuz he's a saturn player?

And yeah I say I want them Kamis back
It's good stuff that still slaps you in the face for using it.

cRazy2003
26-06-04, 02:56
Cuz he's a saturn player?

And yeah I say I want them Kamis back
It's good stuff that still slaps you in the face for using it.

unfair on the other servers though.

amfest
26-06-04, 02:59
Oh, they are gone from everywhere? Thought it was just Saturn...(though to be honest, I dont even know if they still drop on Venus, I've got some, that's all I care about, I guess..oops)
Even if they do drop on Venus you do know that it's run by another company don't you? So things can be very different there. Paid GMs . . . need I say more.

Richard Slade
26-06-04, 03:00
unfair on the other servers though.

What? Unfair?! It would be unbalanced in fighting or what?
It's not like Saturn gets much love on the events and such so don't
you dare come to me and talk about unfair if Saturn got ANYTHING

cRazy2003
26-06-04, 03:02
What? Unfair?! It would be unbalanced in fighting or what?
It's not like Saturn gets much love on the events and such so don't
you dare come to me and talk about unfair if Saturn got ANYTHING

DONT YOU DARE, talk to me, fullstop, your annoying.
and your only pissed off because i thought your other idea was crap.

Richard Slade
26-06-04, 03:03
No, I'm being totally honest since it's a pure fact.
Stop being a baby and accept the fact that Saturn is the downer
after some good pvp drugging

cRazy2003
26-06-04, 03:04
No, I'm being totally honest since it's a pure fact.
Stop being a baby and accept the fact that Saturn is the downer
after some good pvp drugging

so because saturn doesnt get many events they should have kami chips and destroy the econemy even more? GG.

Richard Slade
26-06-04, 03:08
so because saturn doesnt get many events they should have kami chips and destroy the econemy even more? GG.

Yeah, that's just what I said.
Didn't talk anything about just getting something at all to Saturn for the sake of getting something at all to Saturn, nevermind the discussion and please feel free to add in reasons grabbed out of the blue..
That's fine by me.
*once again points for the brick-wall*

amfest
26-06-04, 03:16
DONT YOU DARE, talk to me, fullstop, your annoying.
and your only pissed off because i thought your other idea was crap.
:rolleyes:

FORUM Wars Coming soon!

every other month would be nice to have some sort of even that has a chance of dropping some kami chips. Not a crap load. Just every now and then.

What ever happened to those personl group events that were being run where a group of GMs would run some players through some objectives?

Richard Slade
26-06-04, 03:19
:rolleyes:

FORUM Wars Coming soon!

every other month would be nice to have some sort of even that has a chance of dropping some kami chips. Not a crap load. Just every now and then.

What ever happened to those personl group events that were being run where a group of GMs would run some players through some objectives?

GMs got bored cuz they didn't get any loot and the players kept killstealing them...
Or something..... :angel:

Scikar
26-06-04, 04:03
You can still get kami chips on Saturn. Some RP with your faction counsellor can get you involved in an event with kami mobs where you can pick some up.

Benjie
26-06-04, 04:07
Kami chips

I think they should drop of Launcher Cyclops, as there really good for leveling. It's not like there MC5's. Hell, I'd rather have a Zerk 3 than a Killing Spree. (except for the current trade value)

Personal opinion, although I expect to be smited by people who traded there 5 slot weapon for one. :rolleyes:

Scikar
26-06-04, 04:14
It's not a bad idea, but it doesn't really make much sense for Launchers to start carrying DoY's latest tech around. They could drop in the tunnels or from bots but that's not going to help newbs get them for levelling.

DonnyJepp
26-06-04, 04:35

what does a kami chip have to do with the economy? The Saturn economy is fine.

jernau
26-06-04, 04:49
what does a kami chip have to do with the economy? The Saturn economy is fine.
What he said.

To the original idea - NO! If you want a rare item work for it. It's not like there are many of them in this game. Even MC5s only take a day or two to get hold of now if you put in a little effort.

As for the state of Saturn - How can you blame KK and the GMs for treating it like shit when that's how they get treated there?

DonnyJepp
26-06-04, 06:02
What he said.

To the original idea - NO! If you want a rare item work for it. It's not like there are many of them in this game. Even MC5s only take a day or two to get hold of now if you put in a little effort.

As for the state of Saturn - How can you blame KK and the GMs for treating it like shit when that's how they get treated there?

Well, I'd sure like to see the Kami's come back in some way, along with the Larents.

As for the other parts I can't say that I've ever been rude to a GM on Saturn, they just aren't liberal enough with the banstick to the people that give them a hard time.

Benjie
26-06-04, 06:26
It's not a bad idea, but it doesn't really make much sense for Launchers to start carrying DoY's latest tech around. They could drop in the tunnels or from bots but that's not going to help newbs get them for levelling.
DoY is nothing new. There has just been a blanket of radiation preventing us from knowing it's existance. What exactly are cyclops launchers? I see them as a big fuck off pinp, Done Of York style, with a Rocket Launcher! Lets face it, Launcher Cylops 'aint exactly pro-city are they? A neocronicle article could fix this up in a jiffy.

Btw thanks for the posotive responce. I was certain that I'd get flamed.

:)

tomparadox
26-06-04, 06:43
lol...

bring it back to all servers or non at all, dont jest give it to saturn...

and dont bitch to me about saturns the downs and shit because i jest lost a gogo full of PPU holy spells on uranus...

edit: keep them on the kami mob, but if im reading this right, sticking them on lanchers would be dumb...

seraphian
26-06-04, 08:06
I agree with benji (then again I usually do :) ) they are leveling chips, they shouldn't be more rare than an MC-5... I agree that it shouldn't be mob-dropped, it should be RPed for...

40$Poser
26-06-04, 08:14
umm, there's no options to this poll ^v

tomparadox
26-06-04, 08:47
yes, i dident read the hole thread, to tired :/...

But from what im reading in the last couple posts, i agree, they are leveling chips, not ment for completly caped chars, iv tested this, melee tanks/hC tanks, that are caped or almost caped, they have no use on...
Apu - it jest makes your rank higher...maby a bit more dmg, but with the lost of resists its not worth it if your caped.

spy, not worth it, raised my rank from 79 to 82...

dident test it on a PE...

so yes they are leveling chips, and IMO they should be droped by a somewhat good mob, but not a lancher... maby something like, those <<<< WB things? maby make them spawn a bit more, but hell noone ever hunts those, it would give people a reason to hunt them, that or make a * ranking WB kinda thing...

Benjie
26-06-04, 09:45
I agree with benji (then again I usually do :) ) they are leveling chips, they shouldn't be more rare than an MC-5... I agree that it shouldn't be mob-dropped, it should be RPed for...
Great suggestion!

Making them a run based implant would be fantastic. However they shouldn't require a drop to start the run, just a simple conversation with an NPC. The cost would simply be covered by the cost of the items required to complete the run. Also, perhaps limit it to one Kamikazi per character. (as with epics)

Opar
26-06-04, 09:49
I like it.

jernau
26-06-04, 10:04
DoY is nothing new. There has just been a blanket of radiation preventing us from knowing it's existance. What exactly are cyclops launchers? I see them as a big fuck off pinp, Done Of York style, with a Rocket Launcher! Lets face it, Launcher Cylops 'aint exactly pro-city are they? A neocronicle article could fix this up in a jiffy.

Btw thanks for the posotive responce. I was certain that I'd get flamed.

:)
DOY wasn't lost in fact it was/is/should be under NC rule.

Launcher cyclopses are mutants. Anything that drops off launchers there will be a glut of so I can't think of many worse mobs to put them on.

40$Poser
26-06-04, 10:17

riddle: how can you destory what has already been destroyed?

answer: you can't

...but, I see no valid reason in bringing the Kami's back except for a storyline of sorts.

Benjie
26-06-04, 10:18
DOY wasn't lost in fact it was/is/should be under NC rule.

Launcher cyclopses are mutants. Anything that drops off launchers there will be a glut of so I can't think of many worse mobs to put them on.
There cyborgs, not just mutants. Besides a neocronicle story can make anything true.

Regardless a better suggestion has been posted. That is if kk acknowledge that they are leveling tools.

jernau
26-06-04, 10:31
There cyborgs, not just mutants. Besides a neocronicle story can make anything true.
Oh great, make the storyline even more inconsistent just so we can make the game even more shallow. :rolleyes:

giga191
26-06-04, 11:00
Everybody should be able to get kami chips and not just the people who happened to be around at the time of the spawn. It makes the game much more interesting if you have more choice with your setup.

jernau
26-06-04, 11:30
If you want everyone to be the same and have all items go play quake.

Clownst0pper
26-06-04, 12:47
[ edited ]

ezza
26-06-04, 12:50
what pisses me off is that they said they were leveling imps, but they dropped from mobs that were more for high/capped players, thus placeing them in the hands of high capped level players.

so the people who KK alegedly intended them for never got them, lame

Oath
26-06-04, 13:02
No do not bring back the kamikaze chips.

They are perfect as is, excellent leveling tools and allow for interesting setups at high levels, however they are one of the only really RARE rares.

Clownst0pper
26-06-04, 13:07
No do not bring back the kamikaze chips.

They are perfect as is, excellent leveling tools and allow for interesting setups at high levels, however they are one of the only really RARE rares.

they should drop in the level 3 of the DOY tunnels, and have a low drop rate, like FH2's

jernau
26-06-04, 13:17
The saturn ecconomy is fine...?

Yeah cos everyone on other servers pays up to 30million for a Component of Terminator...

*cough* [removed to save Nid the work]*cough*
That's a different problem and one I can hardly believe hasn't been resolved yet. :wtf:

Judge
26-06-04, 14:12
How exactly would you fix it though?

I mean... we could kill [ edited ]over and over and over to make him quit. But that would be quite harsh.

He is probably the main reason that the Saturn economy is fucked. :p

THE_TICK!!!!
26-06-04, 14:27
i think that if you want a kami...then role play for one..set up an event or some such..i think they should STAY rare..there isn't enough truly rare things in this game..some things just need to stay rare...or we would have nothing to aspire to get.

ezza
26-06-04, 14:35
i know this is off topic, but if [edited name here] is doing something not quite right, and it seems everyone knows about it, why is nothing done :confused:

Judge
26-06-04, 14:48
Are you saying that [edited to save Nid] is expoliting to get the moneh?

Benjie
26-06-04, 14:51
If you want everyone to be the same and have all items go play quake.
Kamikazi chips should be accessable to true newbies, and not just rerolls.

At the end of the day jernau, you traded an expensive item for your kami, and now your trying to fortify your deal by posting against them becoming accessible. Kamikazi chips are great leveling tools, and thats the only reason I can think of why you wouldn't want them beck. As for your argument for diversity; it's the free flow of Kamikazi chips that will allow the most diversity! So thats totally incorrect.

[EDIT]
Underneath this stressfull post is a very valid point. I'm just not in the mood to be nice. Sorry jernau, try to see past the angst.

Clownst0pper
26-06-04, 15:57
Are you saying that [edited to save Nid] is expoliting to get the moneh?

Who else do you know on saturn who spends 300 million in a single day, and randomly gives out spirit mods, as he fucking dupes everything he gets.

Weve reported him before, nothing gets done.

Judge
26-06-04, 16:08
Well... I'm not into the trading scene that much... so I don't know how much he spends, I just knew he was fucking over the economy.

Menolak
26-06-04, 16:47
Are you guys talking about someone whose name starts with an ``M`` ? The name starts with the noice a cow makes? Moo.....
I've heard him mentioned before in relation to stuff about money and the economy

Sorry about the lack of options on this poll, screwed up when I made the thread. I'd say the options were kind of irrevelant, based on the feedback :)
A lot of interesting opinions, some good answers..As for the title of the thread, just a typo, I think that all servers deserve their Kami's, I just happen to play primarily on Saturn these days, and I already have Kami's on Venus.
Although, I don't agree that they are just levelling tools, my Hybrid (92/63 since the monk nerfs) depends on his Kami to cap his APU spells. You can auctually make some unique setups, using Kami's.....

Clownst0pper
26-06-04, 16:49
Are you guys talking about someone whose name starts with an ``M`` ? The name starts with the noice a cow makes? Moo.....
I've heard him mentioned before in relation to stuff about money and the economy

Sorry about the lack of options on this poll, screwed up when I made the thread. I'd say the options were kind of irrevelant, based on the feedback :)
A lot of interesting opinions, some good answers..As for the title of the thread, just a typo, I think that all servers deserve their Kami's, I just happen to play primarily on Saturn these days, and I already have Kami's on Venus.
Although, I don't agree that they are just levelling tools, my Hybrid (92/63 since the monk nerfs) depends on his Kami to cap his APU spells. You can auctually make some unique setups, using Kami's.....

My APU used to be a kami hybrid (after the kami apu nerf) and it kicked ass, mad speed, and self buffing, with dmg boost and holy lightning.

Loved it, as for the above player.

Yes, he begins with an M, sounds like the noise a cow makes, and is a cheating h4x0r

Scikar
26-06-04, 16:50
There are probably just as many on Saturn as there are on Venus. Just that while you were getting them on Venus, other people were mopping up the Saturn ones.

cobrajay157
26-06-04, 16:57
hmm to let you know kami's were part of storyline so they are never going to be back in game.....

DonnyJepp
26-06-04, 17:10
i know this is off topic, but if [edited name here] is doing something not quite right, and it seems everyone knows about it, why is nothing done :confused:

Because there is nothing wrong or exploitative with being rich. Someone paying what they feel a rare item is worth doesn't fuck up the economy either. They get what they want, the seller gets a pocket full of cash, everyone's happy except for the jealous.

Back when MC5 parts were selling for 10 million plus, how many parts do you think someone would have to sell to have enough credits for life? I know one clan leader on Saturn that was worth 180 million, by himself. When enough of your buddies quit and leave you all their stuff, it's not hard to have a fat pocketbook.

People (not you ezza) need to stop trolling with these snide "I know the economy is fucked because of XX" and if they know something otherwise they should just report it. Anything else is just speculation and malicious jealousy.

/rant off

Clownst0pper
26-06-04, 17:28
Because there is nothing wrong or exploitative with being rich. Someone paying what they feel a rare item is worth doesn't fuck up the economy either. They get what they want, the seller gets a pocket full of cash, everyone's happy except for the jealous.

Back when MC5 parts were selling for 10 million plus, how many parts do you think someone would have to sell to have enough credits for life? I know one clan leader on Saturn that was worth 180 million, by himself. When enough of your buddies quit and leave you all their stuff, it's not hard to have a fat pocketbook.

People (not you ezza) need to stop trolling with these snide "I know the economy is fucked because of XX" and if they know something otherwise they should just report it. Anything else is just speculation and malicious jealousy.

/rant off

Now that APC making is no longer profitable, and that he has "infinate" cash - he spends roughly 300million a day on anything and everything, no im not jealous, im just pissed off that someone can so blatently dupe items and money and everyone acts as if hes earning it by means us honest gamers do.

As for him pushing the saturn ecconomy up, well, in a sense he is. No one stands a chance to buy anything, or trade anything. As he splashes infinate amounts of cash at anything

Koro : WTB tech of Dentist, Paying 1million per part
[Cheater] : WTB tech of Dentist, Paying 20million per part

If that doesnt push the ecconomy up, and ruin it for everyone else, I dont know what does.

Jealous? MY fucking bum hole

trigger hurt
26-06-04, 17:45
That's a different problem and one I can hardly believe hasn't been resolved yet. :wtf:
If we're talking about a specific person, he claims that he's already been investigated and they have found that he has done nothing wrong...dunno how they could say what with money flying out of his ears and all kinds of other stuff being oddly abundant.

Anyway, back on topic. I had a pistol kami at one time. Borrowed it from Zonseeek to level up an HC PE to cap his dex faster without having to put more than 100 points into PC. After that, I removed it...

I think KK could actually make a story to go with them being added to the game. Perhaps a new mob (just use an old model like you already do). Make it spawn like the larent used to...but without GM intervention...Maybe have it spawn once a week in a random zone south east of tech haven. I love hunting in those areas, but there's no high level mobs other than hoverbots and they are hard to find, hard to hunt and even more difficult to loot. So give us a new type mob that roams the grasslands and mountain areas just north of Neocron. And make it have a chance to drop a kami chip.

trigger hurt
26-06-04, 17:56

/rant off
If you remove your head from your butt, you might be able to see the light.

Let me give you a breif run down.

This person left saturn a while back...probably a year or so ago right after I renewed my account. He and I used to be in the same clan together. Now, when he left...he was begging for cash and items...didnt have a dime to his name except for what was given to him.

He went to pluto. Don't know what he did there.

About 2.5 months ago, I see him again. Most of the old-timers that are still around remember him. Well, a friend of mine was selling one of his accounts and decided to sell a couple of the MC5's the char had. Sold it to this guy for 90Million NC. That's 90,000,000. But where did the money come from? He hadn't played on Saturn for quite some time, suddenly he's not just rich...he's filthy rich.

Later on, the melee stuff comes out. He starts buying up all the parts he can for that. Paying roughly 10 times what anyone else in the market for the parts could afford. I sold him a tech of a dentist for 15million NC. He gives away spirit mods and mc5 chips. I don't know how anyone can say he's just rich he came by it all honestly...it's impossible..

Nidhogg
26-06-04, 18:02
Next person who mentions exploiting, duping or that person gets the thread closed and themselves banned for a week.

N

Judge
26-06-04, 18:32
It would be nice to get some more Kami chips in.

Also... Donny, people selling stuff for huge prices does mess the economy up because it has a chain effect on other people. "Hey, he sold his xx for 10mil I want to sell mine for 10 mil." Then they demand 10mil and say that its the normal selling price, when it should only be 3-4 mil.

jernau
27-06-04, 03:22
Kamikazi chips should be accessable to true newbies, and not just rerolls.

At the end of the day jernau, you traded an expensive item for your kami, and now your trying to fortify your deal by posting against them becoming accessible. Kamikazi chips are great leveling tools, and thats the only reason I can think of why you wouldn't want them beck. As for your argument for diversity; it's the free flow of Kamikazi chips that will allow the most diversity! So thats totally incorrect.

[EDIT]
Underneath this stressfull post is a very valid point. I'm just not in the mood to be nice. Sorry jernau, try to see past the angst.
Actually you are wrong (at least in part) about how I got my Kami chips - some I hunted for, one I bought and some I was given. I would say the same thing wrt rarity though regardless of what I owned or how I obtained it. In fact I do say the same thing about the rare items I don't own.

I would say it's the other way round - you and others don't have them and won't work/try to get them so you are demanding the game be reduced and damaged for your benefit.

As for "levelling tools" - come off it - a) they aren't that useful, b) a "real" noob would die trying to use them and c) what would a "real" noob be doing powerlevelling? The fact is they are, at best, a re-rollers chip and if you want one for that you could try borrowing one from your clan or something. A friendy PPU is 100x more useful anyway, if you can't get one.

Diversity is also a crock - they suck in combat characters now. The only good one was the APU before it got nerfed. People who want to for setups that extreme can already find ways do it without a Kami anyway.

Mr_Snow
27-06-04, 03:36
No for 3 reasons 1.Saturn shouldnt get any special treatment over any other server,2. Its nice to have something rare in the game but in saying that its a pity some clans got tips to spawn locations and have them hoarded away where nobody can get most of them,3. for saying its a poll and not having anything to vote on.