PDA

View Full Version : How about a treasurehunt?

Xaru
25-06-04, 23:47
The basic idea is to implement a system that allows for roleplay content to be developed and set up by the community to give a lot of diversity with as little effort of KK as necessary.

Basics of the system
Find information anywhere. (datacube, citycom, treasuremap). Make alot of objects targets without hitbox as targets of the treasurehunts. If they have an active treasure on them, make a password thingy popup. If the correct answer is supplied, let the user open the box for a few minutes, or transfer money or XP immediately. Riddles can be used several times on different treasureboxes, but not the same. Riddles should be provided by the community by adding riddles to a Website. GMs can check em and put them online.

Benefits
Should be easy to implement. Password function exists. Objects without Hitbox exist. Datacubes exist. Drop-Rate can be adjustet to the maps (i know, the strange book drop needs some work :))?
Only real impact is the riddle-content-management-system (which i can see, because i didnt programm NC and i am a bit naive).

1. Treasurehunt (different possibilities)

Different levels of maps (difficulty of riddle)
Simple treasure hunt with riddle.
Using hacker or high INT to decipher (XP on INT depending on LVL of map)
Need hacker to hack the treasurebox or high STR to open it (needs ideas for different classes aswell) Need a way to implement a treasure hunt for groups, like multiple map parts.
Treasures you need certain OPs for like an Uplink to retrieve certain information
Tool to dig for treasure (optional for certain treasures).
Make parts of maps, so you need several parts of a map to get a treasure
Make special treasure items to be found and limit them to a certain number each server. Give community the chance to make em for you.

This would put alot of diversity for all those roleplay people on the servers and it would add some content you would have to use your brain for. Please help to define a more specific plan on what to add to this idea and how to improve it.

Regards
Xaru

enigma_b17
26-06-04, 00:08
ub3r idea Xaru. I know some ppl ave tried to do somethin like this in the past not sure how it turned out though :/

{MD}GeistDamnit
26-06-04, 00:10
Would be great, 5 stars ;)

tomparadox
26-06-04, 00:39
sounds awsome, 5 star:)

Fulgore
26-06-04, 01:09
Nice idea :cool:

Guardian Angel
27-06-04, 00:20
Among other ideas of you - this one rocks again!

Reakktor has proven lately that sometimes they listen to the community, may this be one of the things they'll implement!

Honestly I would rather have more RP content than another rare for an already basicly PvP game. Well done, 5 stars :)

naimex
27-06-04, 00:37
You are suggesting a random spawn script of a datacube with a clue and a password, and then you have to follow that clue to a location (which you have to guess from the clue)..

Where you will find a box locked with a password of a sort (letters, numbers, images).

And there you could find an item, a part, junk, money or xp......

If this is how it is to be understood then I am all for it.

Xaru
27-06-04, 12:00
You are suggesting a random spawn script of a datacube with a clue and a password, and then you have to follow that clue to a location (which you have to guess from the clue)..

Where you will find a box locked with a password of a sort (letters, numbers, images).

And there you could find an item, a part, junk, money or xp......

If this is how it is to be understood then I am all for it.

Well, yes. Almost, i was thinking about a riddle to find out the password, but giving a password and finding out the locationa by riddle or even both sounds appealing too. I wrote this down :) And maybe the datacubes can get a nicer form :)

Regards
Xaru

Xaru
11-07-04, 21:09
Here some images for a normal treasure map and an encrypted treasure map.

@Mods: Can you move this to brainport please?

http://www.cygatex.de/img/Inventory---with-treasurema.jpg
http://www.cygatex.de/img/Cabinet---with-treasuremap.jpg

Xaru

Nidhogg
13-07-04, 02:00
Moved to Brainport at thread starter's request.

N

ZAMOLXE
18-12-04, 17:19
xaru, i need a child from you :p

five stars from me and a voted "yes" :)

zam

Xaru
20-12-04, 12:20
xaru, i need a child from you :p

five stars from me and a voted "yes" :)

zam

Hehe, i give you my GenRep Sequence, then you can engineer our child :)

And i like it, that this thread still gets votes :D Hope Reakktor considers something like this.

Xaru

Spermy
20-12-04, 13:06
ub3r idea Xaru. I know some ppl ave tried to do somethin like this in the past not sure how it turned out though :/

I tried - bu I couldn't get support - This idea though - 5 stars :)

jerrymaguire
03-01-05, 16:45
Sounds good, nothing better than a good puzzle. :)

Big HELLO to Xaru and Guardian Angel....Been a while!!! :cool:

5 STARS *****

Xaru
13-01-05, 16:57
Sounds good, nothing better than a good puzzle. :)
Thats what i think too :)

Big HELLO to Xaru and Guardian Angel....Been a while!!! :cool:
5 STARS *****

Well, i personally havent logged on for a while. I think the pure PVP is too boring. Researching or Constructing and hunting isnt a thrill either, and since the "mission" and even the epics are boring as hell, at least regarding the intellectual challenge, i just dont have the drive to play anymore.

Since this idea seemed for me as an easy way to implement that, i worte it down. But no reaction to this yet from KK, so i am still bored with NC and i dont think anything like this will ever come. So probably i wont log in for another while. But i hope and see :)

Regards
Xaru

Xeron Brigs
14-01-05, 01:28
Sounds like a very good idea.

Xaru
26-02-05, 12:56
I had another idea for the PPU if he finally gets nerfed.
There are some treasure maps or treasures protected by high level spells, and you need a high level PPU with a certain break spell to break that and get to the treasure map or the treasure.

Then at least the PPU might be useful for something else :)

Regards
Xaru

N3v3rM0r3
01-03-05, 03:13
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

2 COOL !!! :eek:

5 STARS

N3v3rM0r3

Xaru
01-03-05, 10:23
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

2 COOL !!! :eek:

5 STARS

N3v3rM0r3

If you like the idea, get your friends to place their vote here. The more votes we get, the better :) Maybe we can get it even implemented :lol:

Regards
Xaru

Skusty
01-03-05, 12:21
Im not a event person but when im boored a event is good ;) Usually im in the forest with a " Moose Bouncer " and shooting Mooses or WarBots :p

( The rifle u hunt Mooses with is called " Moose Bouncer " and on swedish that is " Älg Studsare " :p )

Jay Deedrah
01-03-05, 15:05
5 stars

Squish
08-03-05, 13:39
Great Idea -> *****

greetz

Lincoln
09-03-05, 07:07
this sound almost a bit like notpron.com (http://www.notpron.com).

Except that it would definitely be simpler, and not a website. . . .

Cool idea man, it has my seal of approval.

--Linc (http://www.themissinglinc.com)

Xaru
14-03-05, 01:05
this sound almost a bit like notpron.com (http://www.notpron.com).

Except that it would definitely be simpler, and not a website. . . .

Cool idea man, it has my seal of approval.

Hehe, yes, some real riddles and braniac puzzles. But not as hard as notpron. That would be too much, but there should be some really difficult ones.

And thanks for the approval :D

Regards
Xaru

Xaru
16-03-05, 13:22
And another great option for the treasurehunt.

Skill maps
Those are special maps, that gain you really good experience on a certain skill. The skill will be mentioned on the map and there should be different levels of difficulty aswell with different XP rewards. This would make another good way to level secondary skills (and i dont mean 800 Point per skill, more like 10.000 up to a million depending on the difficulty. ) Since they would be rare aswell, they would be good value trading parts and on rare occasions you could cap one of your secondary skills just by finding the treasure.

Regards
Xaru

Xaru
04-05-05, 13:56
Salvager needed
Recycler would be needed to convert a degraded map into a readable map. Skill level dependend of the map level.

unreal
19-05-05, 07:29
It's pretty obvious everyone will like the idea, I do too, it just needs Reakktor getting off their arse and doing it.

Need hacker to hack the treasurebox or high STR to open it (needs ideas for different classes aswell) Need a way to implement a treasure hunt for groups, like multiple map parts. It would be pretty hard to do it in groups I would think, or very tricky at least, which would mean 'group' treasure hunts won't ever come along for obvious reasons concerning Reakktor. But normal treasure hunts would be easy, they would most likely just be the same as quests and epic missions, but having the parts and prizes randomized. This is actually something I started a thread on quite some time ago, on epic mission randomization, to stop people from going "oh, just got and talk to him, but don't forget to bring a lump of cheese, cus he'll need that, kill some runner, then go back and talk to him" for every epic mission. :o

For personal treasure hunts, I think they should be generated simply for the class of that particular runner. Having to rely on someone to hack or recycle, etc, would be a bad idea. The person you hand the item over to or the person hacking the box to get the item, might simply steal it to stock up on items, so they don't have to run around everywhere (like with researcher/constructor missions, where they stock up and do them when they feel like it).

A couple of NPC's could be added just for these tasks, like a recycler in the Gaia Mine for example, maybe at the very bottom in level 3. For group hunts it might be possible to give everyone on local and in the team a lump of cash or a random prize when the hunt is complete, but I really have no idea about the client there, and like I said, i'm sure it would get pretty tricky. It could also be abused to help obtain cash (eg, every person on local and in the team gets 30k, it would amount up to a lot, so it would need to be thought about in more detail), so maybe the cash prize (if any) could be shared out the same way the xp/cash is shared out when killing a mob in a team.

---

Looks like it wasn't taken into account when the newbie quests were added, heh. I talked about it simply because of the fact Neocron is like a routine (even said that yesterday in the last half of my Holy Hand Grenade (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125389) post 8|), and as you agree, it gets very boring, to say the least.

When I first starting playing during the NC2 beta, when lots of people were trying it out too, the server was jam packed with people like myself. Even the beginning MC5 area was full of people killing stuff and levelling up. We didn't even get to Neocron and we thought it was very fun, because it was all new to us. Back then I remember having about 8 good friends (maybe Cmaster was one of them), and we used to go all over the place, Jeriko Fortress used to be great for levelling for us newbies, but then one day Reakktor killed the Cyclops Launcher spawns for days on end. Event Regant Fortress was used, we all used to camp around the hill NNE of the genrep while trying to survive the snipers. lol

Everything in Neocron is fixed, and bugged even when it's been newly added. It gets extremely boring. Most of what I was going to say is in the post I previously mentioned here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125389). Sorry for mentioning it here, but since Xaru thought it was boring too most of the time, we won't be the only ones feeling like that, and i'm sure many of the people who already do, have left.

For those people who will tell me to "stfu and leave if u dnt like it" (note the retard typing :o), I already did for a couple of months, but came back because it's fun to help new people, and keep in touch with some of the friends i've made here.

Xaru
18-07-05, 23:50
Wow, havent been here in a loooong time :) Didnt even read this post yet.

It's pretty obvious everyone will like the idea, I do too, it just needs Reakktor getting off their arse and doing it.

Yap, that would be awesome. And since they just made trophies available, you could actually find treasures, that you can just put in your appartment for display, like paintings or statues, or a chest of gold :)

For personal treasure hunts, I think they should be generated simply for the class of that particular runner. Having to rely on someone to hack or recycle, etc, would be a bad idea.
I think it would be a good idea. Just have enough different maps, so that everyone can also find maps, they can use on their own. If you dont trust people, then just sell the map. Might be more profitable. Or if you hand over the map to someone to do something with it, make em give you a security deposit. (But thats just one way to handle the situation)

A couple of NPC's could be added just for these tasks, like a recycler in the Gaia Mine for example, maybe at the very bottom in level 3.
Well, i dont like the idea of having NPCs do players work. So i am not for this idea, but could be done anyway :)

For group hunts it might be possible ..... so maybe the cash prize (if any) could be shared out the same way the xp/cash is shared out when killing a mob in a team.

That would be a viable idea. And especially, if the hunting party is joined as a group. Then the full amount gets split evenly, and you can get rid of leechers. But the one with the map, or the solution to the riddle can still rip you off :D (dont you like to be vicous??? :lol: )

But since several months have past, and nothing has happened.....

See you in a few, to discuss more option in this thread.

Regards
Xaru

Xaru
21-08-05, 11:06
Hi again!

I saw that several people people voted for this idea again. It would be greatly appreciated, if you could add your oppinion and ideas to this thread.

BTW, i would like to see the polls "yes"-option to be greater than 100 :)

I still have hopes for the treasure maps.

Regards
Xaru

Tratos
23-08-05, 17:14
Vote Number 97 :D

Great idea, dont know why ive never read it before :/ i'd like to see this system in game as its rather shiney :) i like the ideas of things needing a strength requirement to open i'd never though of something like that before.

Xaru
29-09-05, 09:24
Vote Number 97 :D

Great idea, dont know why ive never read it before :/ i'd like to see this system in game as its rather shiney :) i like the ideas of things needing a strength requirement to open i'd never though of something like that before.

Hehe, and another month later i find a new vote again :)

Hey Tratos! Thanks for your comment. I like, that you like the idea. I still think it has great potential. But i guess the development heads in a different direction.

Will check back, to see what happens later.

Regards
Xaru

Al3X
29-09-05, 09:31
I'm loving it.

Skusty
29-09-05, 15:56
I'm loving it.
How much paid did you get to say that? :lol:

Al3X
29-09-05, 17:05
How much paid did you get to say that? :lol:

A corvette '65, stack of Gibson Les pauls and a nice shiny marshall amplifier did the trick I guess.

Mill Gates
30-09-05, 00:21
lol, they had teasure maps in SWG. They SUCKED

SizZLeR
27-10-05, 12:28
..but yet it's another feature that supports the game's singleplayer side rather than the multiplayer side.

I'm not in a clan and that might be the explanation though, cause when im in NC, i usually find myself having a tough time finding ppl for team and lvling, most ppl r always on a "mission".

However i think the idea is great and exciting, no doubt about it, but i'd rather see some more features that appeals to the multiplayerside of the game first as i think that ingame it lacks that part.. :-/

So why not make the treasurehunt multiplayer compatible? maybe have it made so you can't do the treasure hunting alone, but you have to bring some other chr with you or maybe even make some treasurehunts that requires a team of at least 4 players, that way you would encourage teamplay and interaction between playes instead of growing the players more independent of each other. :)

But a great idea, really! :)

Dade Murphey
03-11-05, 18:58
Oh man...I didn't even notice this was originally from like over a year ago...but it seems like it'd be good fun in the game

SizZLeR
05-11-05, 21:25
A corvette '65, stack of Gibson Les pauls and a nice shiny marshall amplifier did the trick I guess.

Ok so how much did McDonalds pay you for saying THAT? LOL ;)