PDA

View Full Version : Noob unfriendly installation of game.

winnoc
25-06-04, 15:33
Well, i was trying to get my brother in law to get into the game, i told him about going to the dome of york.com site to download the files, as on fileplanet it takes ages.

(how come reaktor doesn't just link to this page on their site).

You have to get the updated launcher.exe, which i think is stupid, why can't they just reinsert the correct one into the setup.exe

So, after that he has to download all the patches (the launcher download is too slow) from the ftp server.

Next is a not so easy payment procedure, would be easier if you didn't have to sign up to another site to get your payment done.

And then of all things, he ends up in noob MC5.

When i come to think of it, i'm amazed i made it through all that myself.
I'm sure Reaktor are losing some potential customers due to the time it takes to get in the game and the difficulty, just to end up spending your first couple of hours in noob mc5.

I truely love the game, but come DOY this is a serious issue, user friendlynes of signing up etc.

ezza
25-06-04, 15:45
yup they need to sort it out come DoY, they proberbly lost a fair few customers because of the none friendly install process

tomparadox
25-06-04, 15:57
yes, they need to fix this or they WILL lose customers...

Judge
25-06-04, 16:00
With DoY there is apparantly a new more friendly noob system, and they said that they will be updating the launcher and autopatcher etc etc...

Hope the new noob system is good. Otherwise it'll be.... well shit. :wtf:

SilentEye
25-06-04, 16:08
:o Kill Whin0r!

ezza
25-06-04, 16:20
why dont you stfu

formori
25-06-04, 16:24
i thought they are getting a patch server so it should be better :)

tomparadox
25-06-04, 17:48
i know, i agree with ezza, stfu.. what the hell kind of useless unconstructive post was that...

With DoY there is apparantly a new more friendly noob system, and they said that they will be updating the launcher and autopatcher etc etc...

Hope the new noob system is good. Otherwise it'll be.... well shit. o_O yea, i hope they update it.

alig
25-06-04, 18:29
This is whats funny. They know the problem is there all-fucking-ready if they said they are updating it but they wont fix it now, i tell you they are fucking genious's at work.

I'd reccomend NASA get onto reaKKtor, they have potential to be rocket scientists :rolleyes: