PDA

View Full Version : Tradeskiller Ranks

RayBob
24-06-04, 23:09
Make it so that tools are used from the quickbelt rather than placed into the processor window and make them visible to others when you whip them out. Give the tradeskillers some respect; give them a rank that reflects the high levels they have in their skill.

Sleawer
25-06-04, 01:40
Maybe it's just me, but I like this idea a lot. I'm sick of having a 3/51 rank on my researcher, I want some respect :p

Also having the tool equiped on the quickbelt is more confortable to use if you are a multi-tradeskiller IMO, instead dragging the tools from your inventory, you would only have to equip it like a weapon.

Eddie
25-06-04, 02:01
It would also go some way to showing what your true cst/res skill is: in case of scammers.

Sticking your tool out would also be useful for advertising: especially in the case of poking.

The possibility for exploits would be pretty much none existant: as rank is dependant on your skill, and to prevent leeching, make it so it only displays in safezones.

Everything points in one direction.. so why not!?!

Brilliant idea Ray,

Eddie

Strych9
25-06-04, 03:49
I would still open them up for team exp leeching, which is what they want them to avoid.

Now maybe if there are a lot of tools, and the tools have minimum Dex and Constr requirements, so you can only equip the higher tools at the higher levels... THEN maybe this would work.

But REMEMBER... THE FIRST RANK IS A COMBAT RANK. Construction tools in no way imply ANYTHING about combat abilities.

Ryuben
25-06-04, 06:10
But REMEMBER... THE FIRST RANK IS A COMBAT RANK. Construction tools in no way imply ANYTHING about combat abilities.

then why does my PASSIVE spells affect my COMBAT rank???

I think it would be a nice thing to do, but make it so you have to have like 150 + in a skill to get say 55/ rank and u have to have a tl 150 tool.

And why not leech ??

You seriously think it will be worth it to leech XP when you could be sitting in Plaza csting and reseaching ur rares?

:lol: :lol:

Seriously, All trade skillers get f**k all for what they do for you, i.e. all ur labour why not let them leech and get a reward for it!!

Birkoff
25-06-04, 08:15
I would like to see a graphic introduced for all of the tradeskillers tools (maybe a different colour for each lvl and then a requirment to use the higher lvl ones)

But a rank is wrong, u shouldnt be able to lvl in combat situation as a tradeskiller, I think my rank of 0/** makes me look more like a tradeskiller anyway :s
Sorry

Strych9
25-06-04, 12:35
then why does my PASSIVE spells affect my COMBAT rank???
Because passive skills at least allow you to SURVIVE combat. And we all know that not every PPU spell is totally passive anyway. A tradeskiller armed with a construct tool is not able to survive or attack much of anything.

And why not leech ??

You seriously think it will be worth it to leech XP when you could be sitting in Plaza csting and reseaching ur rares?Newslfash for ya- rare parts dont respawn over and over. Someone else must first to get rare parts for you to res. And even then only a researcher can res rares, and even then only the E techs are worth it.

Yes, as a constructor, I would much rather tag along a team that is caving than sit in my apartment and build punishers all day long. You should try building a batch of 200 punishers, and then tell me how appealing leeching would be. And yes, Punishers are about the only thing I can build that gives enough experience.

Candaman
25-06-04, 12:49
there used to be a problem with quickbelt accessible tools. (The Tl150 remote implant tool) where u would see ranks of 62/5 and so on.

That is exactly what would happen if u were able to equip cst tools and such forth. That was declared a exploit by kk so there is no chance of this happening.

And since kk nerfed the "6th stat" everyones ranks are pretty much the same and their is no individuality so no one really cares about ranks anymore

Ryuben
25-06-04, 12:54
Newslfash for ya- rare parts dont respawn over and over. Someone else must first to get rare parts for you to res. And even then only a researcher can res rares, and even then only the E techs are worth it.

Yes, as a constructor, I would much rather tag along a team that is caving than sit in my apartment and build punishers all day long. You should try building a batch of 200 punishers, and then tell me how appealing leeching would be. And yes, Punishers are about the only thing I can build that gives enough experience.

sarcasm is a art, and also the lowest form of wit, seemingly you havn't mastered it.

I have a reseacher, cster and repairer.

But lets be honest how many teams would LET you leech, if u step out into a Warzone or what not you can't defend ur self so you would need the team to help defend you.

Which makes it a clan thing as well, as come on you really think that trade skillers would not want to be able to lvl normally ??

Strych9
25-06-04, 12:55
And since kk nerfed the "6th stat" everyones ranks are pretty much the same and their is no individuality so no one really cares about ranks anymoreSince when did a rank make you an individual? The only "individuals" because of rank where those that would drug up to use the level 4 PAs or whatever.

Big deal.

Honestly, if you need a rank in order to be an individual in Neocron, there is another problem here aside that KK "nerfed the 6th stat."

Back on topic, just wanted to say another reason to prefer leeching to building is the cost. For my constructor to go from 91/91 Int/Dex to cap, it would take 2500 punisher builds. Each build take 1/4 a large tube of grease. So 625 large tubes of grease. Even with my TL 155 barterer, thats still gonna be close to 2 mil creds. Without such a barterer, even higher. And then of course, the weaponparts to build 2500 punisher drones.

So there are plenty of reasons why a tradeskiller would want to leech exp rather than do obscenely large batch builds.

Sleawer
25-06-04, 12:59
If that's the problem then tools could perfectly have a CST/RES/etc... req to equip them. I'm aware that it introduces a small money sink, since tradeskillers would have to buy the proper tool according to their skill level instead skipping directly to 150, but I don't see it really wrong.

And tbh, I can't see the difference between the person who goes afk in a team and leech XP, and the tradeskiller who would leech XP in a team if he had a rank accordingly to his level. If the team is willing to allow this, good for them; personally I do not consent this, but I don't ask for the rank of these persons to be lowered either.

Ryuben
25-06-04, 13:00
So there are plenty of reasons why a tradeskiller would want to leech exp rather than do obscenely large batch builds.

you know how risky it would be thow!!!

Strych9
25-06-04, 13:04
sarcasm is a art, and also the lowest form of wit, seemingly you havn't mastered it.Yeah, the use of personal insult as a form of response is a much prefered art to master. Kudos.
I have a reseacher, cster and repairer.

But lets be honest how many teams would LET you leech, if u step out into a Warzone or what not you can't defend ur self so you would need the team to help defend you.Defend you? The example I gave was the chaos caves. But look there or El Farid or the snake graves. All of those places allow for tons of good levelling without a single bit of defense needed. Esp. the graves. You could log out a constructor there and walk away while your homies lure snakes nearby and kill them.

But yes, I suppose if you are going after Warbots or something, defense would certainly be needed.

And the teams that would let you leech are your friends or clanmates. The people that WANT you to level so you can build/res the good stuff for them. I dont thikn anyone would complain.
Which makes it a clan thing as well, as come on you really think that trade skillers would not want to be able to lvl normally ??I am saying that a pure tradeskiller should not be able to leech off of combat team exp, as a matter of principle. Every other combat rank in the game is earned by BEING IN ACTUAL COMBAT.

Nevermind the fact that you can EASILY be a combat constructor and still build great stuff (say, with droning). I had a Spy once before (since deleted) with 139 natural hack, 119 natural repair, and his combat rank was 5X/5X because he also droned. Change that hack to construct, and change my brain imps to be Hawk/SS/RD/SRI, and I am at 170+ construction easily while still being able to team via normal combat rank and even gain exp via mobs.

So this isnt "every tradeskiller" we are talking about. Just the ones that choose to go pure.

cRazy2003
25-06-04, 13:07
I would still open them up for team exp leeching, which is what they want them to avoid.

Now maybe if there are a lot of tools, and the tools have minimum Dex and Constr requirements, so you can only equip the higher tools at the higher levels... THEN maybe this would work.

constuction tools are sharp, you could certainly batter some noobs to death with it.

slaughteruall
25-06-04, 13:13
you know how risky it would be thow!!!

Why would it be risky? What do they have to lose? Normal spy armour is about it.

Slaughter

Sorontar
25-06-04, 13:30
Can we not get a change so there is a third rank which is purely tradeskill driven.

The visible tools is cool as well.

Why not have a section in your info. where you can drag and drop the skills you want to advertise. This would update when anyone entered the screen ( like money ) so you couldn't train up a skill put it in the screen and then Lom it away but still advertise the skill at the higher level.

Sleawer
25-06-04, 13:31
Well in that case, give us a third rank, tradeskiller rank, so we PURE traders at least are in even terms with those leet combat characters, personally I could not care less about leeching XP, but a rank showing the skills that we spent our points in is something I believe we deserve.

Let the combat chars the monopoly of leeching from their teams, I don't care.

/holy shit Sorontar, I can't even have an original idea :p
you beat it to me damnit (or whatever it's said)

Sorontar
25-06-04, 13:36
Great minds think alike and all that shit :D

slaughteruall
25-06-04, 13:45
Leaching xp would be cool. It give my resser/repper a chance to lvl DEX. A 3rd rank would be cool. But i honestly dont see it coming anytime in the near future.
A few more things.

Decrease the time it takes to RESS. It's no where neaqr balanced between ress and cst.

Let tradeskillers at least team together and get XP.

Remove that fucking anti macro ress window. It's total bullshit. And it would not be hard to get a working macro that can go around the shity anti macro coding you have.

It's just the simple things that would make us really happy.

Ressing is so boring i do it while watching TV or what not. Decrease the time so it is inline with CSTing.

Slaughter

winnoc
25-06-04, 13:50
Leaching xp would be cool. It give my resser/repper a chance to lvl DEX. A 3rd rank would be cool. But i honestly dont see it coming anytime in the near future.
A few more things.

Decrease the time it takes to RESS. It's no where neaqr balanced between ress and cst.

Let tradeskillers at least team together and get XP.

Remove that fucking anti macro ress window. It's total bullshit. And it would not be hard to get a working macro that can go around the shity anti macro coding you have.

It's just the simple things that would make us really happy.

Ressing is so boring i do it while watching TV or what not. Decrease the time so it is inline with CSTing.

Slaughter

True, ressing should go faster (just like const).

garyu69
25-06-04, 14:39
I've never had a problem with the speeds of ressing and csting, nor with the XP gains.

I have levelled my Spy to base 73INT and Base 66DEX purely trading and thats withing 3 months of not playing him all the time as i have 2 other main chars i play.

But on topic yes i would be for traders getting a good rank.

Maybe they could get ranks on the success rate, or quality of build or something.

Ryuben
25-06-04, 15:20
I've never had a problem with the speeds of ressing and csting, nor with the XP gains.

I have levelled my Spy to base 73INT and Base 66DEX purely trading and thats withing 3 months of not playing him all the time as i have 2 other main chars i play.

Maybe they could get ranks on the success rate, or quality of build or something.

so you think that to get that kinda of XP in 3 months is ok??

in 3 months u could cap* a char ANY char, so erm yeah quiet nib.

*not includeing monk INT.

garyu69
25-06-04, 15:39
so you think that to get that kinda of XP in 3 months is ok??

in 3 months u could cap* a char ANY char, so erm yeah quiet nib.

*not includeing monk INT.
So because you cannot cap a pure trader in 3 months you do not agree with it? Sure you can easily cap any character in no time at all just by leeching and going to the places that you know give good XP. Just because being a trader actually takes time and there are no fast ways about it does not mean it needs to be changed.
I bet you would be the type of person who would have taken a rhino out and just constantly repaired it just to cap DEX fast before the fix. :rolleyes:

Strych9
25-06-04, 16:01

Maybe they could get ranks on the success rate, or quality of build or something.Look, 0 to 73/66 is no problem. Thats not even 1/5 of the way to cap I think.

Its the last 10 levels that are the pain (and you arent even there yet). Like I posted before, 2500 punisher builds for the last 10 levels. Thats 625 packs of lube, and over 38 straight hours of building... 38 hours assuming there is zero seconds in between when one build ends and the next begins (which we know isnt the case)... 38 hours assuming that you start with all supplies on your person (not possible)... 38 hours assuming that you simply drop the drones to the ground as you build them rather than trying to save them to be sold or whatever.

My tank took way less than 38 hours of gameplay to get from 90 Str to 100, and that is including breaks for PvP, running to and from gogo, general goofing off, etc.

Also as I mentioned before, my APU can drop a Grim Chaser in about 15 seconds. Sharing exp with a PPU (so not getting all that I could) I still get way over 40K from a Grim Chaser kill.

So I am for the tradeskillers getting more experience.

As far as ranks, its funny to see people fret about their rank. Its funny to watch guys like ezza moan about his tank not getting three stars, but that is far more understandable than a pure tradeskiller moaning about the same thing.

Its a combat rank. As long as it is defined as a combat rank, unless you are skilled in combat, expect your combat rank to suck.

As far as a new third rank, I guess that would work, but considering there is absolutely no need for it AT ALL, I cant fathom any of the devs spending any time on that.

You want people to know you rock as a tradeskiller? Put it in your clan rank, advertise your stats, and build a reputation.