PDA

View Full Version : Warbot Damage

enigma_b17
24-06-04, 21:09
Ok Ive been huntin wbs on my melee tank and I swear to god they do too much damage to me.

Ive got 493 hitpoints, 102 nrg resist, 105 xray plus dur4 helmet, pants, and helmet, melee tank pa2, medium nrg field belt, and heavy dur boots.
I cant take on 2 warbots at once as my hp just dies off, In about 10 seconds a warbot can ave me down to half health. Is this just the way resists are or am i bugged?, id appreciate if some gm or somed who knows about how resists work could answer this :)

SjanTeN^
24-06-04, 21:12
Nah, its mainly that x-ray thing that hurts me, but not much. They are a bit overpowered for their rank.

seraphian
24-06-04, 23:10
Warbots are pretty powerful for their rank...

A warbot is only 5 ranks higherthan a Chaos Minion, and does loads more damage, gives you parashock and has a nice long range. Then again their AI sucks... if you fight them right you can minimize your damage.

Not to mention that if KK didn't give them pretty brutal stats they'd just be walking rarepart containers

ezza
24-06-04, 23:13
if warbots are hurting your meleetank you doing something wrong, i used to solo 3 warbys at once as melee tank

Epsilon 5
24-06-04, 23:16
102 energy armor is low, got any energy con?

Do you use medpacks? Heals?

Even with my capped CS tank with full duranium 4 armor and 90 energy con resist a warbot titan can be quite a bitch to kill.

enigma_b17
25-06-04, 00:19
"if warbots are hurting your meleetank you doing something wrong, i used to solo 3 warbys at once as melee tank"

ur tellin me, i cant understand it. 3 wbs at once would easily kill me, hell 2 at once is too much.

Just to confirm

I have 102 nrg resist in con, 105 xray in con, antigamahead and leg, dur4 helmet, dur4 pants, heavy dur boots, melee pa2, and a med nrg field belt.

according to skill manager i get 75% protection in nrg, and 72 in xray. Putting more points into nrg at this stage apparently does nothing.

tomparadox
25-06-04, 00:25
WBs are easy to kill O_o, even on a melee tank, hell i solo them... and im only /50... dont have a lot of xray or energy..

what you half to do as a melee tank is run sercals around them... your speed makes you run faster or jest as fast as they turn.. make sure to start in at a good angle, and run the same direction they are turning.

Makes it a pain in the ass to kill them...

but spys have it easyer... with sniper rifles you can take them to like 1 health. w8 till they get to you then finish them off, hack and find another...

And yes there AI sucks...

sanityislost
25-06-04, 00:26
yea something is really wrong in your set up then, should be able to take on
at least 2 wb's/wbt&wb.

SiL ..:..

[TgR]HusK
25-06-04, 00:28
my */40 melee tank can solo them with no armour and 101 xray resist, almost no energy resists. health somewhere around 400 atm.
oh and one xray head.

Using basic resistor booster 1, deflector, heal and medkits.

weapon of choice: POT.

Sometimes I have to hide once... depends on the warbots luck to get shots in.

not sure what ya doing wrong here, lag or something?

enigma_b17
25-06-04, 00:30
i have no idea, i can solo one alrite, but every single time i end up with at most half health. U think sending a helpticket would do any good?

EDIT: And omg, that is one disturbin sig sanity lol

tomparadox
25-06-04, 00:31
i dunno what theyed do... you could try it...

Epsilon 5
25-06-04, 01:09
ahh so it'S actually 102 con energy .. not the same

PoT is a bad choice. Warbots have great poison resistance. Find a soulblade or at least a long laserblade 2, don't use low tech melee for warbots.

enigma_b17
25-06-04, 01:10
i was usin a devils grace as it happens, the weapon of choice though is irrelevant, i still take the same amount of damage more or less :/

enigma_b17
25-06-04, 03:32
since for some reason i cant find the edit button, heres what my con setup looks like for takin on warbots, maybe some1 can c it and tell me why in gods name i get owned so badly :/

http://www.visualinsanity.net/images/nc/telecon.jpg

BombShell
25-06-04, 03:45
only guess i can think of is ur about 200 hlt my tanks hlt. and i can solo a group of wbs at once. and ur resis is freaky out of wack. it can be a thousand times better.

i used to solo 2 wbs at time with my old combat spy. but thats with santum and heal running at the same time. and burning them down with a capped rog. wbs are not over powered but ur hlt is to low.

enigma_b17
25-06-04, 04:02
"it can be a thousand times better"

well apart from the fact that im not capped, u got any recommendations on how i could make it better, cause its gettin to the point where i want to delete my tank due to the extreme annoyance his crappy con is givin me :(

sanityislost
25-06-04, 04:02
And omg, that is one disturbin sig sanity lol

:D its to advertise the game, feel free to use it n_n

SiL ..:..

BombShell
25-06-04, 04:07
i sent a pm. just a little soemthing a tank can get ezyly.

winnoc
25-06-04, 08:51
Sjanten,

stop fucking around with warbots, we've got Live FA to hunt at gabanium :D

Oath
25-06-04, 09:05
since for some reason i cant find the edit button, heres what my con setup looks like for takin on warbots, maybe some1 can c it and tell me why in gods name i get owned so badly :(

Just say no to those drugs you were smoking :p (Joking of course)

You'r energy resist is WAY WAY to high, 200 is the accepted overall cap.

If you want a balanced setup then try to equal out your fire and xray and smach around 160 (overall) into Energy and bout 120 - 130 Fire and xray (this is by no means a good setup but you can work it out yourself from there) this gives you enough health to cap the pool, enough pos (should you want it) and enough ath :p (if i remember correctly as this is not my current setup)

And btw as a tank you should PWNZOR TO TEH MAXIMUM TEH WARBOT MENACEWS!#$@@$

winnoc
25-06-04, 09:14
at rank 45/55 i was in the middle of 5 warbots at bd. Took em all down with 100 hp left in my reveler. For wb hunting you need them xray bones.

Matthew.v.smith
25-06-04, 09:22
My spy cant survive a direct fight with 2 or 3 WB's but if I set myself up on a hill or down a ditch then i can take up to 3 at a time because they attempt to get near you and then walk off and then come back again lol while your slowly owning them with TT epic pistol :P

Matty.

Menolak
25-06-04, 10:07
I'm building a noob APU hybrid right now, if it wasn't for my holy shelter, deflector, and resist boosts, I'd be dead..warbots hurt, and so do those 50/50 spiderbots when you are only 32/28.... :)

[TgR]HusK
25-06-04, 10:48
ahh so it'S actually 102 con energy .. not the same

PoT is a bad choice. Warbots have great poison resistance. Find a soulblade or at least a long laserblade 2, don't use low tech melee for warbots.

what can I say? I can just about drug up on this weapon, and its not poison modded, could use a long laserblade 2, but that gives me less damage atm afaik. - anyway I will look into this matter some more, would be nice to make soloing them even easier :rolleyes:

That setup of yours, although gimped and a tit fucked up, should work well enough against warbots as far as I can see.

n3m
25-06-04, 10:50
I think resists dont fully register sometimes. sounds strange, but I have hunted a few fire mobs with my tank. now 1 hit and my health would go down 350 hps. O_o
I relog, heal up and take another direct hit (both fire with the special forces knife) and only loose 90ish hps.

Zoning will also do the trick, just like the free load isn't always working right.. you take things from gogu, start running. zone and youre overloaded :confused:

SjanTeN^
25-06-04, 10:50
Sjanten,

stop fucking around with warbots, we've got Live FA to hunt at gabanium :D

hehe winny, personal i never hunt Warbots, low ass rank low drop. When your a tank and got 200 fire res. hunting grim chasers aint the biggest problem.

ResurgencE
26-06-04, 09:03
NoNo, get some more HP, replace the BQ chest with antigamma, and constantly keep a heal running whilst engaging WBs. If you have sufficient MC to cap your weapon, consider an adv. movement 3 as opposed to the Zerk 3 you have implanted. You can then proceed to allocate fewer points in atl and work on HP.

As for SiL, who the fook is that girl in your signature? She turns me on and freaks me out simultaneously.

40$Poser
26-06-04, 09:11
My spy cant survive a direct fight with 2 or 3 WB's but if I set myself up on a hill or down a ditch then i can take up to 3 at a time because they attempt to get near you and then walk off and then come back again lol while your slowly owning them with TT epic pistol :P

Matty.

and this has what to do with tanks vs. warbots? 0.o

BombShell
26-06-04, 09:27
i think he posted about mine how my spy used to tank 3 wbs. before i lommed him. but only reason he would tank them was because i had santum and heal goin and i hav a prefect con setup on my spys.

but when i dont i can take some damage then. and i know its not hill or such because i hav had wbs attacking me while ill am hacking and lost about 100 hlt. and i own him too after a quick basic heal. and i alwasy hav santum goin if am hacking fight or walking. its kinda like another shelter. anything to minimize the damage taken.

Soothsayer
26-06-04, 09:40
Did the warbots kill you? If not, then you must be doing something right.