PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Setup for vehicle PE

SilentEye
24-06-04, 14:49
Hey,

I'd like to make a PE which uses combat vehicles.
Could someone help me out with a good and decent starting setup which I should use, and the best methods to get my strength and intelligence up enough so I can use a vehicle?

Thanks ;)

Silent

winnoc
24-06-04, 14:51
Just play around with some of the chip setups.
I know you can get a rhino driving and gunning hc pe, just drug up with beast to get that marine working.

SilentEye
24-06-04, 14:58
Err, I'm asking for a start setup :) Making a new character to use the combat trike 'n the hovertec combat thingy ;)

slaughteruall
24-06-04, 15:28
Err, I'm asking for a start setup :) Making a new character to use the combat trike 'n the hovertec combat thingy ;)

Make one yourself. Dont be lazy it's not that hard.

Slaughter

tomparadox
24-06-04, 15:56
Make one yourself. Dont be lazy it's not that hard.

Slaughter

Id half to agree...
Iv noticed the ammount of setups threds have incressed... along with the nerf threds... gets anoying...

Sadly though i cant help with your problem because iv never made a Vhc PE...

Maarten
24-06-04, 15:58
Start with all STR points in H-C and have a MOVEON ready when you make your char. Then grab some grenade launchers and have fun in the PP sewers and scorpion caves until you can drive and gun a reveler.

ezza
24-06-04, 16:00
aha another "i cant be arsed setting up my char so can you fools out there do it for me" thread

tomparadox
24-06-04, 16:02
aha another "i cant be arsed setting up my char so can you fools out there do it for me" thread
of corse, havent j00 herd? Its teh in thing now :p :lol:

Start with all STR points in H-C and have a MOVEON ready when you make your char. Then grab some grenade launchers and have fun in the PP sewers and scorpion caves until you can drive and gun a reveler.
Jest so im not offtopic completly :p yes that sounds like good advise...

SilentEye
24-06-04, 17:32
It's kewl, before I read any of your replies I already did make my own setup, with some help of Omega.

Stop being mean and hey you! yeah you, Mr. Patrolling Copbot! Could you lock this thread?

ufora
24-06-04, 17:33
all dex into vehicle maybe?

SilentEye
24-06-04, 17:36
And recycling for the ammo, and TC for the Rhino.

Scikar
24-06-04, 17:43
I don't see a problem asking for a starting setup for a 0/2 char. Asking for a full complete setup is going too far of course, I don't see any need to be hostile towards someone who just wants to get started in MC5. :wtf:

ezza
24-06-04, 18:08
I don't see a problem asking for a starting setup for a 0/2 char. Asking for a full complete setup is going too far of course, I don't see any need to be hostile towards someone who just wants to get started in MC5. :wtf:
the thread starter isnt exactly a noob....well anyway

IceStorm
24-06-04, 18:11
Combat vehicles don't level your INT all that well, but hacking does. This works out well as the mobs that breath fire and fireballs will demolish your vehicles fast. The mobs that shoot energy won't. Once you get yourself leveled up a bit you can take on Warbots and hack them open. Duranit armor is of real help here. Shelter helps, too, so run missions or group to level your Psi.

You'll need around 120 to 130 HC to cap damage on all the combat vehicles save the Rhino. I wouldn't bother with a combat vehicle without at least 90 to 100 HC. With that you can drive a Combat Hovertec out to Jeriko and beat up on the launchers and hurlers/butchees from range.

Not sure what the Weapon Lore requirements are, but I've around 100 Weapon Lore right now and I cap damage on all the vehicles other than the Rhino. The best hunting vehicle I've found is the Reveler. It not only deals out damage incredibly fast, the turret can be turned to target up/down (not so for Combat Hovertec and the rockets on the heavy assault trike) and it costs almost nothing to repair (less than 20 NC, usually only 2 or 4 NC). Do yourself a favor and get one quick.

To wield HC weapons proper (cannons), you're going to need a ton of Weapon Lore. It offsets the lack of HC for the PE. I'm hoping that KK implements HC versions of the Berserk and Melee Experiencmemory CPUs, but I'm not holding my breath. The only HC boosting imps are the Hardened backbone 1/2/3, M.O.V.E.O.N., Marine, and Herc. You definitely want the M.O.V.E.O.N. as soon as possible.

Epsilon 5
25-06-04, 01:13
my HC pe got 75 hack, 84 implant, something like 70 weapon lore, 102 heavy combat, 50 transport (i think), con is mostly energy resist with 70 ath and 75 health, some end, my dex is 51 for heavy trike, 70 agl, 45 recycle, 90 something repair and i have more dex to get, and alot of psi to work on.

I started with pc but a buddy went directly for melee then heavy combat.

Heavyporker
25-06-04, 02:17
combat vecs does level your int.

I strongly recommend a minimum of 50 wpl, makes aiming the guns a LOT easier, especially if the target moves even a little. Also improves shooting range a fair bit, which means drive-by runs are possible (nothing beats using a hoverbike to strafe a moving running)

You'll want some str left in tra and resist force - a lot of the vecs are open-tops, which means you'll be shot at plenty of times. tra is useful as all get out for when you're not riding around. Plus, more tra means less reliance on the gogo's space, because it fills up FAST.

You'll definely need a decent CON setup, you cannot under any circumstances leave protection to the vec's armor. It can and does fail, many times.

A high repair skill is a blessing - not only you have the capability to stay out hunting for ages, it saves you money the better you can repair, plus you got a tradeskill sideline. Just using a repair glove and cstskill 1 only leaves you at about par to using the depot (vecs gorge on repair nanites.) Don't be above buying 249 packs of repair nanites every time you hear a good barterer advertise his skill on trade/skill - The savings are immense.

And every combat vec has their advantages and disadvantages. Hoverbike's fast, aye, but the controls are slippery, you'll find yourself correcting a lot. Assault bike is nice, but the rof is rather slow. Combat chainbike is a sweet piece of automobile, but it's slower than other vecs and easy to damage. Trike is deadly, but awkward to manuever if target moves a lot. Reveller is great, but you have to risk yourself every time you want to drive or gun. Rhino is fucking deadly and fucking slowass.

If you're gonna be using a Rhino to hunt, reserve it for the heaviest of hitters in the most concentrated areas, otherwise you'll be all day finding other mobs to kill. For just hunting purposes, trike and reveller excels.

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-06-04, 02:22
What the fuck is wrong with people asking advise on a forum? This forum is for neocron! If the guy wants some help, either help him or STFU. Maybe he does not have the time or patience to set one up ? Jesus , I see the same people over and over bashing others for not being NC Pro's :rolleyes:

Personally I dont know how to set up a HC driving PE but if I did I would help out. but really FFS lay off of people not everyone is as Uber as the rest of us now are they :eek:

SilentEye
25-06-04, 02:25
Look it's alright, I don't mind if people prefer not to help and prefer me to check things out my self. Also I thank those for taking me in defense, I wub you :)

I seem okay now, killin rats for missions, getting int up a bit >: )

IceStorm
25-06-04, 02:36
combat vecs does level your int.I don't think I'd call 1k INT XP per Warbot "leveling". I've used the trike, the hovertec, and the Reveller. They all suck, relatively speaking. I get more INT XP from the hack of a Warbot or Hoverbot than I do from the actual kill.

You'll want some str left in tra and resist forceIf you plan to use HC weapons to supplement your vehicle weapon, you want ALL your STR in HC. With a M.O.V.E.O.N., Hardened Backbone 3, Targetting Computer 3, and Berserk 3 I'm up to 73 STR (TC3 for the +15 Weapon Lore and +5 TC) That gives me 92.4 transport and enough STR to wear Duranit 3 Helmet/Pants, Med Duranit Boots and Duranit 4 Chest. That gets you get +44 or more Force from bones. +114 from the Duranit armor, and there's still shelter/deflector to boot.
A high repair skill is a blessing - not only you have the capability to stay out hunting for ages, it saves you money the better you can repair, plus you got a tradeskill sideline.I'd agree if the Reveller wasn't as good as it is. As it stands now, the Reveller is the best combat vehicle I've used. It can be obtained with no PKing, costs virtually nothing to repair at a depot and can get to them in a timely fashion. The Rhino may be better at damage output if one can use it, but it's slower than molasses in winter to move around.
Trike is deadly, but awkward to manuever if target moves a lot.What I found with the trike was that it dealt out more damage than the server could keep track of and it couldn't fire upward unless you deliberatly got it on a hillside, which sucks when you're trying to go after hoverbots.
Reveller is great, but you have to risk yourself every time you want to drive or gun. If you're moving at a decent rate and exit the vehicle, you end up behind it. If you're at a standstill, you end up on its left side. If you use this to your advantage, the vehicle will provide cover while you move to another position.

amfest
25-06-04, 02:37
IceStorm I didn't have too many problems with aiming up on a combathovertech . .sure you can't really do hoverbombers :p but I had no problems taking out raptors fairly quickly on a HC spy with no weaponlore at all. The trike on the other hand does have some problems but with the range increased it isnt' as bad a problem. The thing about the combathovertech in hunting places like the canyons against firemobs was very cool cause you could climb up certain mountain areas and find out there were pits where a normal runner can't reach. In these pits there tend to be crap loads of mobs that spawn and seems to be the reason why the spawns sometimes appear dead. It's cause these stupid pits have all the mobs >_<. Anyhow you'll find you can clear out these pits with ease with a combat hovetech or a droner :p

IceStorm
25-06-04, 02:45
IceStorm I didn't have too many problems with aiming up on a combathovertech Combat hovertec's not as bad as the trike to aim, I agree (I presumed the trike HP mentioned was the heavy scorpion trike). It's just expensive to repair (nanite or depot) and firemobs tear through vehicles like a hot knife through butter.

Combat vehicles are very well suited to energy/poison mobs due to their resists. They're awful for fire mobs. Even with a high repair skill, you're going to be doing a whole lot of repairing if you're after firemobs that can aim.

RayBob
25-06-04, 02:48
I have a gentank that can both drive and gun a rhino and it is the funnest character I have ever made. An absolute tech-hunting dream. Even with the current drop rates, I easily get 15-20 parts an hour. I can't wait until they *cough* fix *cough* the drop rate. :lol:

amfest
25-06-04, 02:52
Combat hovertec's not as bad as the trike to aim, I agree (I presumed the trike HP mentioned was the heavy scorpion trike). It's just expensive to repair (nanite or depot) and firemobs tear through vehicles like a hot knife through butter.

Combat vehicles are very well suited to energy/poison mobs due to their resists. They're awful for fire mobs. Even with a high repair skill, you're going to be doing a whole lot of repairing if you're after firemobs that can aim.
I don't find it that bad with the combat hovertech as long as I don't fight grim chasers and percs . . but on the heavy assullt scorpion trike I don't find it a problem at all. You will still make more money in the long run even buying some nanites without barter and repairing at the depot if you're a serious hunter. This is saying you reyccle your rocket ammo. Of course this was with the big junk dropping off firemobs which doesn't happen anymore so I dont' really know the current situation as good :( it didn't seem to profitable :\