PDA

View Full Version : URANUS: A bit top heavy?

]v[ortice
24-06-04, 13:04
I've played on Uranus since April 2003.

I have 4 high level characters and my girlfriend has the same (4).

Recently I've stopped playing on the server because I was starting to get a bit down about the clans on the server. Not that they're bad clans as such, just that most are all in DoY factions.

With the exceptions of XX, The One and The Underworld, All other Major Clans inhabit TG, TSU, FA, BD and now maybe Crahn too if Illuminati get off the ground.

I was wondering what peoples opinions were of this so I've posted a thread.

Before someone points it out I know I'm a Black Dragon myself but I would like a sensible discussion as to whether the scales are tipped too far to the north on Uranus.

Pls no Clan vs Clan discussion here or the thread will be closed by the mods.

Cheers

Entity.

{MD}GeistDamnit
24-06-04, 13:07
They have been NC un friendly for a while now, where u been? 0_o under a rock ? :p

Seriously though, nobody likes city factions I guess, I'm pretty sure it is like that on the other 2 english servers as well.

J. Folsom
24-06-04, 13:08
As far as I know, that's the case on most of the servers. This is generally speaking because the stories for the Anti-NC factions are far "cooler" than for the pro-NC factions, as well as the misconception that by being anti-NC you're the bad guy. It's one of those things people love to be in any game, even in MMO's.

I'm not too happy about this myself, as I prefer the pro-NC side myself, but there's nothing you can really do about it, while a person could possibly tempt the PKers to join CityAdmin so they have more hostile targets, this is unlikely to be succesful, or for that matter have the effect you want.

{MD}GeistDamnit
24-06-04, 13:09
Also I think it has a lot to do with doy's all over the good hunting spots. and the fact that cycrow was never ever owned by a city faction on uranus.

]v[ortice
24-06-04, 13:21
We had Cycrow for a day as Tangent Regs (Before new GR Rules).

In fact at one point we did have a fair bit of the map.

But anyway...

Please don't confuse this as an 'I want the server to be this way' cause it's not. I just wanna see how people feel about it.

Why aren't the pro-city factions as attractive?

A lot of my thinking has to do with Biotech and Protopharma who always have a decent turn-over of runners all the time but this is largely due to the epics these two factions offer. Those Factions have become stop-overs for runners I've noticed. I wonder how many characters have Viarosso Level 1 appartments because they started as either of those two just for the epic reward.

NEXT is a joke... who wants to work for British Rail?

Aside from the issue of hunting zones and GRs... why don't the top PvP clans try city life? Surely It wouldn't affect their goals or how much fun they have when playing the game.

Maybe it's all down to the release of DoY.

{MD}GeistDamnit
24-06-04, 13:27
Personally I have a hatered of CA, Next, and FA. I Like TG Crahn and PP. all the others I dont give 2 shit's about. This is my feeling on factions, not players or clans :p I just allways liked TG and Crahn and PP above all :D

XaNToR
24-06-04, 13:30
even if 1 big clan would change to pro nc, it wouldnt change anything exept the factionname, there is enough intern war among anti nc factions.... most of the big clans even have some story why they joined the particular faction

Dribble Joy
24-06-04, 13:36
Does anyone really WANT to be pro city?

It's so much 'cooler' being a rebel.
That and the anti city factions have more enemies :rolleyes:.

Dirk_Gently
24-06-04, 14:30
I started out as Black D on uranus and then moved to ProtoPharm, and am devoutly pro-city. In fact I am so far gone to pro-city that if I play just before I go to sleep I end up having weird dreams about evil DoY people. (Just plain freaky tbh)

Would agree that people play anti-city because they think it means they are evil.

]v[ortice
24-06-04, 14:32
@DJ

CityAdmin have plenty of Enemies.

@Xantor

I agree with you in part. But do you not feel that because of all the internal war between the Anti-NC factions that Pro-City runners are left out?

What has happened to the Red Faction vs Red Faction wars?

Who are you guys gonna fight when DoY comes out? Each other?

Dribble Joy
24-06-04, 14:33
v[ortice']Who are you guys gonna fight when DoY comes out? Each other?
Ronins have said that they will be moving back to CA when DoY comes out.
Tbh, I dunno why they moved to BD in the first place. O_o

Oath
24-06-04, 14:35
Ronins have said that they will be moving back to CA when DoY comes out.
Tbh, I dunno why they moved to BD in the first place. O_o

:confused:

Dunno bout that one myself, maybe we should ask :)

I don't know wether im pro or anti city, i know Kansa is anti. The rest are pro but i don't know...

Tratos
24-06-04, 14:36
if i ever get my other account back i might make a porcity clan on Uranus as all my chars are in CA from before FLUX went to Venus and then left....

Velvet
24-06-04, 14:49
In my opinion there are some reasons:
Being TG, BD or etc. is an excuse to PK everything in red (F6-Play).
Being against something is much easier than create / build something.
You can trade inside NC even if you`re a TG, BD, etc...
The "best" PvP players are in non - city fractions (always join a winning team!)
Now i`m a DRE member. Well, being a real estate broker in NC i`m feeling next to useless.

Please, kick everone out of NC who do not belong there. Maybe give them 24 seconds to clear the appartments and then off they go. More CopBots means more Freedom!

Azrael104
24-06-04, 14:52
Does anyone really WANT to be pro city?

It's so much 'cooler' being a rebel.
That and the anti city factions have more enemies :rolleyes:.

This is exactly the problem. Most people see this as CS with XP/Skills, and join the faction who have the most enemies. In fact for some it isnt enough, and they start on allied factions too :rolleyes:
Another problem is, as stated before, the release of BDoY. Its new, its got some kewl stuff, and everybody and their dog wants to see the new City.

Well, i for my part am inactive until DoY release. Have fun Ladies and Gents.

msdong
24-06-04, 15:04
the pk clans will move to city just like they allways move to a faction where they have an opponent. it will take some time until there is kind of a balance but when every one have seen DoY they change

]v[ortice
24-06-04, 15:34
I am tempted to create a pro-city clan myself.

Trouble is I don't feel that I have the resources to start one up. The most important resource I don't have much of is time.

Crest
24-06-04, 15:58
We Saturn Players, Been playing on Uranus for last 2 months (Saturn on and off). Instead of re-rolling we decided to start from scratch.

We chose BD cause
1) On Saturn we are TT, the good guys
2) Time to be the bad guys

BD have got more enemies than anyone else that I know of....

Also the TG/BD war is a factor, cause you can kill Pro and Anti City with no problems....
This coupled with it being DOY friendly (As my PP Barter dies often to doys at some cool hunting points), Means it an attractive option.

Some how the role playing part of the game is geared towards Anti city.. BD - Cheating Killing Ba****ds while tg are the rebels, and FA the correct beyond belief guys.

CA = Law, and the law is no killing, everyone deserve justice...
TT = Gun Manufacturers, while Next builds vehicles ....
Ok Mercs are just that ... paid hands but, they are neutral to 80% of factions... so they and can't do their jobs ....

Not attractive .... I am a pro city by heart ... and on Saturn thats where i stay ... Uranus = Role Play Bad Boy = BD

tomparadox
24-06-04, 16:00
well, i think its somewhat due to the fact that all the good clans are anti city.

So noone makes a city admin/bio or anything like those, cus soon as they do there instantly KoS to half or more of the server... And noone will join a CA clan because of it i think.

I meen hell, the ronins moved BD... or atlest most of them did...

ezza
24-06-04, 16:02
BD have got more enemies than anyone else that I know of.... Tg have more numerical enemies, but BD have more runners with in the factions that are there enemies

tomparadox
24-06-04, 16:03
Tg have more numerical enemies, but BD have more runners with in the factions that are there enemies
with the exeption of NCAT i think thats right :p i think NCAT are KoS to the hole server lol...

ezza
24-06-04, 16:11
with the exeption of NCAT i think thats right :p i think NCAT are KoS to the hole server lol...
but then thats just a clan, i could go out and do that if i wanted with my clan(in fact we werent far off it lol)

tomparadox
24-06-04, 16:18
but then thats just a clan, i could go out and do that if i wanted with my clan(in fact we werent far off it lol)

lol :p yea it is jest a clan.

Maarten
24-06-04, 17:10
Well, at least at the moment Pro-CA factions own some ops.

I remember the time when it was even worse:
http://neocron.eaglered.net/notfun.jpg

]v[ortice
24-06-04, 17:28
Doesn't anyone fancy RPing the Cops?

Surely there should be some interest in that.

Clive tombstone
24-06-04, 17:45
Honestly, there should be something to keep people faithfull to there factions, I mean, how about benefits? (no I dont mean health plan, the genrep does that just fine :D ) I mean, yah come on, people dont like playing pro-city because its basically working for a corperation (or is) and as some of us in real life are actually doing that, we try to stray away from that to something more free. I mean,thing is though most big companies or corperations usually give out benefits to there employer (and epics dont count as benefits, because you can switch faction, and still walk away with the "prize")

maybe like something specific with each company/faction, like proto-drug discounts, biotech-cheaper and larger selection of implants, next-Next "only" mechs :D umm, BD and Tsunami get special benefits with the stripclubs and other "special interest" spots :D Uhh, Crahn-Psi power of player is "slighty" amplified when belonging to the sect. and city mercs-missions give more pay and experiance or something like that. dunno um the twilights, I cant really think of one, um there terrorists right? How bout a tunnel network leading too the neocron sewers from the waste-land or TG home base?

dunno this is all completly offa the top of me heed so yah.

PS-Next Rules :cool:

PPS
Ok Mercs are just that ... paid hands but, they are neutral to 80% of factions... so they and can't do their jobs .... this allows them to DO there job, being neutral allows them to get contracts from a broader amount of people.

Rai Wong
24-06-04, 18:00
I agree there needs to be some "real" incentives for staying in pro CA, the current system sucks and I think there needs to be some sort of role play. I mean you don't really feel like the law if you are CA, if you are NEXT you don't feel like anything. In general clans only make sense, in anti ca factions like crahn and twilight guardian. I'd even go as far as "removing" CA, next etc clans and making them into "one clan". This would solve a lot of problems.

Then you need to add some incentives to playing Pro CA factions.

Like if you are CA you get white copt bot power armour, and can shoot people inside Neocron at will inside safe zones, you can think of others, next probably should get transport benefits, like a jet pack, tangent, able to buy good quality weapons from all shops, and use special weapons, biotech, 3rd level implants from shops, protopharma, extreme reduced price on drugs. You could think more. Diamond real estate, being able to buy special apartments that have special functions.

If you are twilight guardian you have to suffer disadvantages such as being shot by cop bot.

Granted I can't find a real fix, since many people do find playing anti CA fun, but with the way things are going whats BDOY going to be? Fighting GM generated copbots? then realisng its boring and start green is dead, and kill each other in BDOY...

I mean something has to be done, this has been one of the big problems, people surrender to anti CA clans, because the pro CA clans get no benefits, of course being CA you get shot by TWG, Doy bots, and a lot of other crap. then you get your grs locked by your opponent factions so you can never go anywhere.

We the ronins are gone, the BD ronins have gave up, our former CA clan glory dissapeared long ago, when we got ganked by 11 anti CA clans together, yes 11 anti CA clan, and a few clans were green allies that took all our ops that night. and that night the leaders of the ronins left the game, including myself and a bunch of other dedicated players. CA means much to us, and the rest who had less loyalty to CA left to crahn and bd.

Now I don't think we will ever be the ronins ever again. People have lost hope in our clan. Thank you TJ for giving us good op fights, and screw everyone else for brining 5 clans to take back the ops.

In the real world there are a lot of incentives to being good, as such in Neocron being pro CA should bring benefits, and being anti CA should give disadvantages, this is because being badass is fun, and griefing other people is fun, pking other people is fun, and all that under roleplay is also fun you get the idea. Who really wants to be working for a train company that gives no benefits? when they can be badass terrorists and suffer no penalties.

Most of all: security, in reality being in massive corporations should give you security, whilst in some badass terrorist group you won't have any you live in danger, however this is reverse in Neocron. Being pro CA actually means you will be in the most danger.

Dirk_Gently
24-06-04, 18:11
v[ortice']Doesn't anyone fancy RPing the Cops?

Yeah I had a look at CA but tbh the political situation on Uranus is such that you will be fighting virtually all of the large clans while being seriously down on numbers.

There's a challenge and there is nuts :eek:

If we could get significant support together rather than the usual 4 or 5 members I'd be up for it.

Darth Slayer
24-06-04, 18:14
This is exactly the problem. Most people see this as CS with XP/Skills, and join the faction who have the most enemies. In fact for some it isnt enough, and they start on allied factions too :rolleyes:
Another problem is, as stated before, the release of BDoY. Its new, its got some kewl stuff, and everybody and their dog wants to see the new City.

WHAT DAMN JOO U KING NIB COME BACK NOW....... :eek:

Scorpius.

Scikar
24-06-04, 18:21

You wouldn't believe how long I've tried it for on Saturn. Simple fact is, all the rules on safezones etc. work against pro-city factions, and for anti-city factions. That's why I'm up for removing safezones etc., because they work upside down atm.

Besides that, there are a few problems with things like trying to arrest someone. :p

Teh Law did OK with it though I guess.

Jest
24-06-04, 18:28
All servers seem to be like this. Its not so much a problem now because the DoY factions are fighting each other, but when they suddenly become friendly, well that just sucks for NC plain and simple. I have a big worry every one will move to DoY.

Speaking of CA, if Neptune hits, Im treating it as an alternate universe and Im gonna roleplay it like Jest joined Reeza in the uprising instead of going off on his own. Will be fun. :D

steweygrrr
24-06-04, 18:43

What scorp said! Get the hell back here, I only have hardi and ste to pwn now =(

Back on topic.

RE: RPing the cops. FLUX tried that when they (and we - Rangers) were CA. Unfortunately they got their directions mixed up and ended up patrolling TH killing those evil FA.....wait.... CA doesn't have any jurisdiction there =/

Our move from pro to anti city was a political one caused by a now-defunct clan starting with F and ending with LUX. It was an uphill struggle to even be active as a pro-city clan. Everyone was against you, we only had Ronins (gee whizz!) for support.

Now we are FA, we have the support of clans like r2k and SSC (we wub j00...and....halloooooooooooooo <3) for when either we are down on numbers or are fighting a clan that you KNOW will zerg you after you kick their arses black and blue in a fair fight. Opwars have never been more fun and its actually nice to be able to gr somewhere with 90% of destinations being locked =/

Tratos
24-06-04, 18:49
What scorp said! Get the hell back here, I only have hardi and ste to pwn now =(

Back on topic.

RE: RPing the cops. FLUX tried that when they (and we - Rangers) were CA. Unfortunately they got their directions mixed up and ended up patrolling TH killing those evil FA.....wait.... CA doesn't have any jurisdiction there =/

Our move from pro to anti city was a political one caused by a now-defunct clan starting with F and ending with LUX. It was an uphill struggle to even be active as a pro-city clan. Everyone was against you, we only had Ronins (gee whizz!) for support.

Now we are FA, we have the support of clans like r2k and SSC (we wub j00...and....halloooooooooooooo <3) for when either we are down on numbers or are fighting a clan that you KNOW will zerg you after you kick their arses black and blue in a fair fight. Opwars have never been more fun and its actually nice to be able to gr somewhere with 90% of destinations being locked =/
Points out the siege of TechHaven by the City Administration a few months ago, that was our justification ;) it was fun using my spy in Ca-PA witha plasma rifle :p

THE_TICK!!!!
24-06-04, 18:54
sorry dont have time to read the whole post...got as far as DJ's post about ronins...hmm well as far as i know RONINS is kinda fragmented ATM not sure if they will be able to pull it together. So right before i left i was encouraged to make a clan and i did...it is CA..and will stay CA and all my chars will be CA. i like it..unfortunately its hard to level but..i like the massive amounts of people that hate CA and im always up for a challenge...unfortunately i have had to leave the clan in capable hands till i can return..wich will hopefully be right before DOY then im goin to do my damndest to make CA and pro city a viable option for all players .

ou7blaze
24-06-04, 18:59
well i remember about 6 months ago when my CA clan was called er ImperiaL instead of RsC of e.Xtreme now (eX).

There were Ronins who were CA but the leader left and it went BD and then CA had no big clans.

So i decided to start my own one, but it failed horribly, because :

1. Most of the percentage of runners in Anti-City factions are better at PvP.

2. Hardly anyone in Pro-City in the first place.

3. It's too "carebear" as some people say.

4. It's not good for pking, too many allies (true).

So why would people join ? it's hard work to even have enough people online let alone skilled runners, sigh

THE_TICK!!!!
24-06-04, 19:01
well when i was approached to make a CA clan i put out some feelers first and i have gotten allot of interest...I will see where it goes..most people just follow the turn of events..and if i can string enough good things together for the clan..i should be able to pull some good folks away from other places :D

steweygrrr
24-06-04, 19:02
Points out the siege of TechHaven by the City Administration a few months ago, that was our justification ;) it was fun using my spy in Ca-PA witha plasma rifle :p

It was a siege meaning CA were outside NOT inside =/. But I can see the attractiveness of that, it is kinda a cool image.

RE mPhiz.
No one will join a faction that has an alt clan for your other clan. It is universally hated.

*waves at Iorghe who has been in here for 15 minutes ^^*

ou7blaze
24-06-04, 19:12
Oh well stewey just had to say that, i might aswell move all my chars to TG then.

Thanks for the support.

steweygrrr
24-06-04, 19:22
Oh well stewey just had to say that, i might aswell move all my chars to TG then.

Thanks for the support.

Does it really make a difference? You don't RP anyway by turning up on the side of TG on your CA chars =/

And no problem. No problem at all.

-=z=-
24-06-04, 19:52
It would be nice if there were an incentive for people to play the less populated factions. You know, spread the targets around a bit ;) or at least bring more variety to the game.

Providing incentives to the less active factions might encourage faction hopping which some people feel is bad, but I think a LOT of us find faction hopping just to be in the popular factions much worse.

Anyway, my idea would be to decrease the SI penalty after GR. The reduction would work on a scale based upon the number of people in each faction and how that number relates to your faction's population. If you are in the biggest faction you'll have the normal GR penalty (of course the popular ones usually have more choices in GRs).

While the less popular factions have few choices due to the locked GRs on most servers, their SI penalty to use public GR will be reduced or possible eliminated.

This bounus would have to be calculated on actual logged on runners rather than just total runners in the database.

Just my 2nc.

QuantumDelta
24-06-04, 20:41
Warning, maybe a little long, depending on how lazy i may be, none of this is intending to be flamatory

There are a lot of contributing factors as to why there are very few pro-city clans.

Back in the days I first joined up, the factions were pretty much balanced, and as SSC had formed in CA I think it started to Tip Pro-City (what with the mercs and CA and occasionally TT working together to throw TG out of MB -- there were no FA, there were no BD, there was one TS clan that was at the time fairly introvert politically).

The Clans that were active pro-city, were mainly PP / TT / CA and I think there was a DRE clan there somewhere (HA? MS?).

--

SSC - after The Johnsons went inactive (moved to jupiter) - went to FA, as it was a fairly neutral faction, and some tensions had been rising with a specific tangent clan, we moved somewhere that, if things did flip out, we wouldn't lose soul light, and, at the same time, wouldn't have to fight anti-city AS WELL.

SSC Stayed FA ever since, for the longest time as the biggest clan there, by far, but now, as part of a tight nit community.

The active Pro-City clans entered into a war which was fought PP/TT/CA vs TG/TS and eventually including FA.

After a long period The Anti-City factions won that war, but because both sides were so stubborn about it, winning = driving people off the server.

So, CA/TT/PP activity dropped.
From that point it never really took off again, simply because no one came into replace those people.
FA vs Crahn BD vs TG/TS drew the rest of the Pro-City into the anti-city.
The rest of the clans that are 'major' there, have always been there, and I doubt have really considered the move, nor would want to.

Most of us are comfortable where we are, we have a friendly faction.
Obviously, though, if people do move back when DoY comes, we wont be ones to argue.

seraphian
24-06-04, 23:17
For me choice of faction has to do with several things:

For sera, it was the clan that she was offered membership in, got to like TH and stayed FA ever since.

For my others, I have several FA, some NExT and a TG. I discovered how NICE TG is after a day or so, excellent levelling potential, lots of friendly GRs, tons of PvP action, and an Active community.

More than anything else players attract players. NexT on saturn is really good for that, which is why I love them so much. Not only that the FC is pretty cool

Active FCs are also a big draw for me. Mr. Rodriguez, the TG FC, is incredibly active, as is Mr. Dorsett from NexT. Having some actual leadership and people trying to make things happen is really nice.

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-06-04, 02:17

sure if that ment you could be as uber as a copbot or at least have a cool title, the ability to chase people out of a zone and whatnot. :D

Mr_Snow
25-06-04, 02:41
Any pro-city clan just gets zerged to the point where people arent arsed playing pro-city and its been basically that way since it was the rest of the server versus ronins flux and one or 2 others.

Stewey Flux went to CA for several reasons, mainly being to rp cops, to try balance the server a bit, to ally with the ronins and not being part of one of the zerging factions i.e BD, being able to hunt down r2k and SSC in their homeland was an added bonus.The reasons you got very little support from us was because we were normally fighting our own fights as were the ronins yet rangers expected us to be at 2 places at once and because there was the incident of a rangers ppu ppuing with bd in pp against us then use getting abused over faction chat for asking what the story is and trying to get him to cop the fuck on, anyway from the accounts of people who did op fight with you it was too much hassle and head wrecking to bother.

Dribble Joy
25-06-04, 02:46
SSC - after The Johnsons went inactive (moved to jupiter) - went to FA, as it was a fairly neutral faction, and some tensions had been rising with a specific tangent clan, we moved somewhere that, if things did flip out, we wouldn't lose soul light, and, at the same time, wouldn't have to fight anti-city AS WELL.
Though I am not sure.. did this involve ronins/TCO?
Many of may clan's members maintain a deep suspicition of FA, despite most of my ingame friends are from there.
That or the whole WC incident....

Rai Wong
25-06-04, 03:21
yes ste remember that incident between you guys and flux? lol flux somehow killed the rangers hacker and then you two clans broke into a civil war, we had to leave.

anyhow there needs to be incentives to being good guys. :wtf: i'm like the only pro ca player on uranus .

lol I go to pp and you know what: like 5 melee tanks attack me. neutral and reds, which are pretty much everyone.

:eek:

SmackDaddy
25-06-04, 05:21
For me choice of faction has to do with several things:
More than anything else players attract players. NexT on saturn is really good for that, which is why I love them so much. Not only that the FC is pretty cool

Active FCs are also a big draw for me. Mr. Rodriguez, the TG FC, is incredibly active, as is Mr. Dorsett from NexT. Having some actual leadership and people trying to make things happen is really nice.

It would be fantastic to see the map a little more balanced, or at least dynamic. I have been trying to rezz BioTech on Uranus for some time now and have yet to hear a peep from the BT FC - zero support. Perhaps a chicken and egg thing (drom and egg? whatever). It is probably impossible anyway until some marketing starts to bring in numbers of newer players.

It would be great to have some features or whatever that helped make the faction/OP situation a little more dynamic. Some way to help encourage growth in smaller factions and make it harder for power (and OPs) to concentrate.

QuantumDelta
25-06-04, 09:06
Though I am not sure.. did this involve ronins/TCO?
Many of may clan's members maintain a deep suspicition of FA, despite most of my ingame friends are from there.
That or the whole WC incident....
Eventually it included TCO/Ronins - though they tried to remain uninvolved for a while.

The =WC= vs =SSC= War was so not FAs fault o.O

Oath
25-06-04, 09:11
Eventually it included TCO/Ronins - though they tried to remain uninvolved for a while.

WC had thier moments, in fact i beleive i was kos to them for a while, and was also PK'd at MB by 5 of them as NEXT (for no reason i may add the excuse was 'we thought you were the TG pk0r' :D)

I refuse to even bother with clan's at the moment too much politics not enough fun, with the exception of the skulls i am in no other clan. Probably wont ever be again :p

Dirk_Gently
25-06-04, 10:44
(drom and egg? whatever).

I always figured that the Drom gave birth to live young..........................

ou7blaze
25-06-04, 14:38
Does it really make a difference? You don't RP anyway by turning up on the side of TG on your CA chars =/

And no problem. No problem at all.

Well u see i started this game as CA, ever since i found neocron , i dunno it seemed liek a good faction, it was before retail, now there aren't enough people in all factions anyway that's why people move to the bigger clans and just kill everyone.

And no, steweygrr (no i dont want to start a flame...) 15 anti - city vs 30 pro city is not called zerg as far as i remember O_o

Dribble Joy
25-06-04, 14:43
Never said it was, but the mercs who were not on the kill list didn't like the hordes of SSC effectively camping MB to kill WC.
It took all of my efforts to keep Pariah from declaring war on SSC, we did not know the full reasons behind the war on WC and most saw it as an attack on the mercs.

Velvet
25-06-04, 15:23
Well u see i started this game as CA, ever since i found neocron , i dunno it seemed liek a good faction, it was before retail, now there aren't enough people in all factions anyway that's why people move to the bigger clans and just kill everyone.

Exactly on the point!
As i remember there was a time when all was new, that you could explore/level with anyone regardless of fraction. 8|
With growing boredom people went more and more PKing. :rolleyes:
There are so many ideas on this forum on how to counter the imbalance i don`t need to repeat them.
And it`s not the fault of a specific clan.

Hello QD!!! ;)

Mr_Snow
25-06-04, 17:15
Never said it was, but the mercs who were not on the kill list didn't like the hordes of SSC effectively camping MB to kill WC.

Hordes? SSC didnt have hoards of pvpers back in those days, their pvp revolved around 10 to 12 people back then which was less then WC nevermind the mercs in general could put into a fight.

Doc Holliday
25-06-04, 19:17
my response posted to ticks thread about being ca sums it all up.

"Nothing at all tick if i come back. just a good solid core of players playing again. some friends old or new and im in. i have weighed it up alot. what do i wanna do when doy comes. to play or not to play as shakespeare kinda said. theres some good reasons to be ca these days in my opinion on uranus. im basing this on how it all was when i quit and i dont think that much has changed really. If i come back and dont get the regulators back together if there are any of the old players left/back for doy. if not then the whole ncpd cop thing sounds a real good idea. i want to come back to this game but i want something to come back for. A good oppurtunity for a bit of rp would be just the ticket as its something to do when logged in other than kill the asshats.

I have said it alot to friends but i really miss the days of me being tangent. i was glad i moved and still am but its like when u run in to an old girlfriend and the fire is still there u know what i mean.

come doy who knows what might happen. black dragon rocks as a faction but my one idea for it was shot dead in the water when they patched the dealers. i posted something about 2 weeks before on the faction forum to suggest bd does that and prob a good 2 months prior on our clan forum about it. musta been gm hax

So yeah quite honestly dude not a hell of alot needed to make me go ca.

take care.

doc"

alot of ifs here but yeah i would love to do it. same reason i moved to bd originally. for a challenge. If there was enough other people willing to do it too i would do it. i loved to log on about 8+ months ago when tangent regs were active cos there would always be 5+ people on doing something we didnt even need faction chat. :D

If i could get that kind of player base etc and enough people to make it work properly i would do it in a heart beat.

Edit: dont want to sound big headed either but it would help if there were people who are good enough at pvp to make a difference too. I would be more than willing to help train people no probs but it really fucks me off when people come back to the game expect help cash rares and then do one with all the stuff given to them. its happened enough that it really hacks me off.

Double edit: One of the main probs in this game also is actual faction loyalty. Its not fair to ask someone to have all alts in the same clan but it would make for a stronger clan. that way everyone can be talking to each other at all times. I know voice coms help cos u can yell at people but not everyone uses it for lots of reasons and at least if all are in the same clan it means people have multiple chars they can use in any given situation without the blah blah blah u bring multiple clans to fight us. u suck noobs blah blah. we had that in the regs too originally. people just bought in to what i built and moved alts. that is true loyalty.

steweygrrr
25-06-04, 19:32
there was the incident of a rangers ppu ppuing with bd in pp against us then use getting abused over faction chat for asking what the story is and trying to get him to cop the fuck on, anyway from the accounts of people who did op fight with you it was too much hassle and head wrecking to bother.

As you were told, said PPU was reprimanded and ordered to leave the area. Which he did. Don't use that excuse.

Re: opfights.....at least ronins and ourselves could be bothered to try....

And no, steweygrr (no i dont want to start a flame...) 15 anti - city vs 30 pro city is not called zerg as far as i remember O_o

[ot reply] It was your TG clan with the pther main TG clan vs FA and it was close 40 vs 20 at Jeriko. With you lot having close to 40.....whats the deal with TG vs FA at the moment?

I started as CA too, been a ranger all my neocron life. Yes it was fun in CA, and my spy did the epic purely for a suit of CA PA. But, as has been iterated far too many times in this thread, it was too much of an uphill struggle especially with the prevailing political situation at the time.

greendonkeyuk
25-06-04, 20:00
ca have four enemies dont they? bd ts tg and crahn.... ive not logged into nc in a lil while now.As for past issues with clans/factions pkin eachother ive personally found a lot of it to be "friends" and alts in allied/enemy factions causing greivances for players. With a four char server you cant force people to play in one faction, hell, half the fun is having people on different sides of the wire. however its the people who cant leave differentiate from one faction to another or even one char to another that cause the problems from what ive seen. ive pretty much always had my pvp active chars in the same clan/faction so it made things easier on me and my buddies if i got the itch to start blasting. ive only ever had i believe one incident on record where ive had to attack a friendly factioned runner on one of my chars. this was sorted at the time as i believed i was acting in self defence. im not proud of how it happened as ive always tried to keep one char separate to another but the grievance was ironed out in a talk afterwards and all concerned accepted the outcome.

I personally think people need to try to treat each char separately from another if they choose to have them in mixed factions or alternatively implement a more dynamic faction system. Things cant be cut and dried when it comes to factions, the system is too inflexible imo. Id rather see a system personally where faction sympathy makes more of an issue. Ie negative sympathy to a faction displays "hostility" to another faction and positive sympathy displays the opposite. The posts above mine have showed that red does not always mean dead and green does not always mean allied, this imo needs to be developed more completely somehow. Individual runners should have their individual stances towards factions displayed in some way (colour coded perhaps?) rather than just youre ca im crahn blam blam. internal power struggles and kosing of "green" clans has showed demonstrated how the faction system has broken down. Clan wars need to be implemented also. sorry if this is a little off topic here but this is the only way i see this working out properly. due to the fact that people will pk "green" factions with their alts to get revenge for being ganked by a red faction they need to have some form of penalty/warning to the supposed ganker to show that theyre not as friendly as perhaps the faction brass.

To give an example

Runner A is bd, he gets ganked by Runner B (Ca), this is fine theyre red factions. Runner A then logs onto his TT char (hes green the guy wont suspect a thing) and blows this dude away. revenge is a dish best served cold and all that. However i think Runner B needs to have some form of warning that this might happen so if Runner A does this a lot he should have negative sympathies towards traditionally "green" factions. Due to his negative sympathies there should be some sort of colour code giving Runner B this warning that someone who is SUPPOSED to be allied may not be all he says he is. Even though his boss (clan/faction leader) says dont kill Ca coz theyre green he can still currently do this and get away with it almost unscathed. With this change at least now Runner b will see a visual warning of some kind to alert him to the fact that he may be dealing with a rogue person who COULD possibly attack him even though theyre meant to be allied.

Sorry this is so longwinded but i couldnt think of a short way to say it. The idea needs work but it came off the cuff as i was reading this thread. hopefully some of the more intelligent (and less stoned) members of the community can pad it out a little and help us get somewhere.

peace yall

Mr_Snow
25-06-04, 21:00
As you were told, said PPU was reprimanded and ordered to leave the area. Which he did. Don't use that excuse.

Re: opfights.....at least ronins and ourselves could be bothered to try...

Doesnt make up for the fact that we got abused over faction for complaining and we fought at ops every time we had enough people on to fight but unlike yourselves we liked to fight without using allies and to fight with our own skills and the night one of the higher rangers threw a fit over faction at us for not dropping everything at northstar and running to mcpherson to help you we fought both TJ and the syncs in a 3 way fight, I think the ronins were fighting at nemesis at the same time and also got loads from the rangers for not going to mcpherson.

Maybe the reason you changed to a zerg faction is because we refused to help you zerg our enemies.

Oath
25-06-04, 21:26
I had a big post written out, about the rangers, ssc, synchs, uts etc.

But it's not worth the hassle, the people who hate me, get over it, i have no grudge against you grow up.

Uranus is in a sorry state, why? because everyone wants to win no-one wants to lose and they'll do whatever it takes to win, commendable in some cases, but when you fight lameness with lameness you don't get Uber fucking coolness, you get quadruple the lame!!!

@ The people who are 'upset' with each other, talk. It's amazing how much communication can change things!

Oath, the only Neutral person on uranus :p

Doc Holliday
25-06-04, 22:49
sad to say oath but the gr rules instilled a need for the weak to flock to like minded souls. it forced people to band together in huge lame alliances which flowed like waves over any rock that stood in its way wearing it down. there have been a few notable rocks that tried to stand in its way but none have so far.im damn proud to say i was part of some of the resistance as it where. im also not proud to say i had a hand in some of the lameness but im not here to judge or be judged im just gonna tell it like it is. people got sick of ops being locked down for one reason or another. some people wanted to be top dog above all and didnt give a shit who they stepped on on their ascencion to the top of the pile and becomeing uber-lame. it killed the community on uranus and it cost that server so many of its fine players. Fact is that servers community had a respect for each other because the guys at the top respected each other. they have gone now and replaced with asshats that run rife. its buried the server and its stagnating. Theres a long list of clans that had a hand in killing it and i will leave all mention of the names out. People cant talk anymore because pleas have been made in the past from lots of sides and none ever works. each clan leader and each clan member had a hand in it. people talk about balance yet know nothing of it. im sorry if this sounds harsh to some or bullshit to others but i think if anyone who knows the server and has seen what it WAS and what it is now will agree.

its threads like these i love to read the most because its open for all to see and read even if it should be discussed "in game" but its something i have felt strongly about. It was my home and one of my favourite hobbies over the last 18 months and up until about 5 or 6 weeks ago when i decided to call it a day its been fun. thing is nostalgia aint what it used to be and i dont think the old days will come back. sad thing is i wish i could think differently about ME coming back.

Dribble Joy
25-06-04, 22:58
Hordes? SSC didnt have hoards of pvpers back in those days, their pvp revolved around 10 to 12 people back then which was less then WC nevermind the mercs in general could put into a fight.
I was making a point rather than trying to keep the details correct.

RN and skulls were not involved in the WC-SSC hosilities, but the war did nothing to help FA-CM relations (I know it was the WC/MJ12's fault, not FA/SSC) and even though it was unintentional, it caused RN to move server and skulls to slowly go into decline.
People were not happy in what was left of the mercs and the faction has been virtually desolate ever since.

greendonkeyuk
25-06-04, 23:19
i thought rn left coz bd kept raiding/owning em? mafia was prolly the best merc clan goin at the time.

Dribble Joy
26-06-04, 00:09
RN left due to various reasons. I think the WC incident was one of the final straws.
I was never a big player when MAFIA were around so I don't really know much about it.
I wasn't a political figure (not that I ever was or am one) really untill I started trying to get skulls back in business around november last year.

QuantumDelta
26-06-04, 13:11
RN left due to various reasons. I think the WC incident was one of the final straws.
I was never a big player when MAFIA were around so I don't really know much about it.
I wasn't a political figure (not that I ever was or am one) really untill I started trying to get skulls back in business around november last year.
RN weren't all that perturbed about the WC event with FA...

I know this much because I was talking to them as much as with you, the only problem RN had were that we had combat going on in the Military base itself, disregarding the rules they had set out.
Well, apart from during that combat, SSC respected those rules and CM Clans outside =WC=.

The rules may as well have been unenforcable, since, it was a merc clan that was engaging other people first, PKing for no reason in some situations.

SSC DID NOT and would not have, unless forced to engage with OTHER Merc clans.
Then again, sometime the RN were a tad on the silly side;
I was fighting Ginger at the MB GR (Which he had been camping) to clear him out and a RN tank came in PKed me.
Shortly after Mr. Black was appologising to me for that tank.
No harm done really but just an example, one of the most well known "Anti-PK" Members of the Uranus community, fighting one of the most well known PKers (doesn't nessicarily mean good or bad players in terms of pvp) - and the RN took the PKers side in accordance to MB Rules of no guns o.O

Darth Slayer
26-06-04, 13:14
Oath your not Neutral your on my side....... :p
FA a zerg faction ? Whys this because we actually work as a faction ?
My take on the currant FA vs certain TWG clan.
Said clan has recently had influx of lots of ppls alts who for various reasons hate certain FA clans or FA members. They join can't keep the hate to themselves PK FA members, FA members PK back they go whining to rest of clan drags everyone into whole sorry mess. Very Sad. Hell they're that sad they have to PK during events then whine that they did'nt know...... :lol:
Some people seriously need to grow up and stop hating other people over what is only a GAME.

Scorpius.

Mr_Snow
26-06-04, 13:47
FA a zerg faction ? Whys this because we actually work as a faction ?

No because in the past when FA couldnt win by working together they wouldthen work with tsunami and TG and anybody else they could get so they could win.

THE_TICK!!!!
26-06-04, 14:45
DOC. . . your comin back when i get back m8...and thats an order :D as for uranus..sadly enough what everyone has said in this post is true..for the most part..but what i think ya'll fail to realize is we all seem to care about our home planet and we all see whats wrong...we just need to slowly take steps to correct it..lots of the old peeps are still there...they dont want to admit it but i see them skulking around on there little known alts :D you know who you are..when i come back im gonna do my damndest to make CA and pro city THE place to be..and if ya want to come with me then cool..if not then..cool too more peeps to kill . :D as far as im concerned the past is the past..and im looking to the future i want URANUS to be the server everyone is like..d00d we gotta go there..they got the best shit there..beit pvp...pvm..rp..or just straight PKIN baby..i want the best of ALL OF IT on uranus..and im gonna do my damndest to make it that way....if i make it back from this hot ass desert..damn its hot...<<<<ass is sweating...well for all you oldsters readin this...we are gonna need ya back soon... so get your uranus clothes ready :D

{MD}GeistDamnit
26-06-04, 16:09
too much politic shit, screw that. I just kill who I dont like. and whatever reds I can find, it's not my fault people have all their characters in different factions :p

I dont get the RP bullshit, because even in real life if a TG has a problem with another TG he would get killed or attacked. green, red, yellow. dont matter to me or most of my friends, if we dont like you = dead. simple as that. take all the politics of uranus, and umm, shove it up URANUS ;)

Dirk_Gently
26-06-04, 18:47
I dont get the RP bullshit, because even in real life if a TG has a problem with another TG he would get killed or attacked. green, red, yellow. dont matter to me or most of my friends, if we dont like you = dead. simple as that. take all the politics of uranus, and umm, shove it up URANUS ;)

You don't get the rp bullshit??? In an rpg.

erm :wtf:

If you don't want to play within the storyline structure of a game then why are you playing an rpg???

Me confused :confused:

Doc Holliday
26-06-04, 21:39

If you don't want to play within the storyline structure of a game then why are you playing an rpg???

soz raoh but im with that 100 % Tick dude. i really wanna say yeah man fuck it why the hell not but i need to really feel like its actually worth it. i dont wanna come back for u and me to look at each other and go is it worth it. nah fuck it. u huh, not what i anticipate. i dont want people to OMG DOC IS BACK!!!11111 but what i do want is a new neocron changed and different attitude to the one i left behind.

steweygrrr
26-06-04, 22:57
No because in the past when FA couldnt win by working together they wouldthen work with tsunami and TG and anybody else they could get so they could win.

Not recently. We havent called on another faction for well over 4 or 5 months now. All opwars by FA have been done under the banner of the UA. We fight as one faction, we hunt as one faction, we are basically one big clan.

{MD}GeistDamnit
26-06-04, 23:32

simple cause the story is not there, which leaves RP up to the players, and that is a fucking joke, I mean just this thread most of the ppl in it sound like they are playing fucking sim city, WC this SSC that, who gives a shit about past events that had nothing to do with the real story. Just personal grudges and it all boils down to whoever you get along with you dont pk and whoever you hate you pk. Doc and Tick have been red to me for a long time, but I personally consider both of them my friends. I know people in SSC that I am friends with "B.I.G. Rah" dont attact either of them, but the rest I wouldent hesitate to put a bullet in. RP is just a viel lamers use when they get pk'd. and if you want to be a politician go play the friggin sims. I play this game to pk cause there is SHIT ALL left to do, simple as that.

QuantumDelta
27-06-04, 09:51
:p @ Geist -- I still try to do both

]v[ortice
27-06-04, 09:53
Geist kinda hit it on the head (kinda :) ).

This game actually fails as an RPG.

Its true. People are too concerned about their CON setup to worry about storylines.

Some people are also under the mis-apprehension that running up behind another runner while he/she is levelling and killing them regardless of level is 'RP'.

Some people think that when they do this and don't get away with it they can call on 5 of their mates to exact revenge for them and that makes their clan l33t.

This is where I get pissed off with Neo.

Planetside at least made the fights fair so there was a decent go of it for everyone.

{MD}GeistDamnit
27-06-04, 10:05
v[ortice']Geist kinda hit it on the head (kinda :) ).

This game actually fails as an RPG.

Its true. People are too concerned about their CON setup to worry about storylines.

Some people are also under the mis-apprehension that running up behind another runner while he/she is levelling and killing them regardless of level is 'RP'.

Some people think that when they do this and don't get away with it they can call on 5 of their mates to exact revenge for them and that makes their clan l33t.

This is where I get pissed off with Neo.

Planetside at least made the fights fair so there was a decent go of it for everyone.

exactly!, neocron would be great "RP" if there actually was a purpose to it, but as it is now, it's only purpose is "kill reds". you want a story go watch LotR stop trying to change a game to your liking with this RP bullshit, your playing in a world of your own :rolleyes:

Maester Seymour
27-06-04, 10:49
Not recently. We havent called on another faction for well over 4 or 5 months now. All opwars by FA have been done under the banner of the UA. We fight as one faction, we hunt as one faction, we are basically one big clan.
Exactly, mate :)

XanX
27-06-04, 11:42
This is the sort of bullshit as to why I sold both my accounts and left.

I aint coming back to be berated in a game, where most of us just wanna have fun.

Synchs to the end of our stay in NC were enjoying just playing the OP war game, and we had some good ones.

To Rangers, you didnt get and still dont, so nevermind.

To QD, hope ya find a better game with less crap in it, if ya do, mail me dood.

If ya wanna argue to me about flux and wot they done in the game, then come onto http://flux-core.org/, register in the forums and whine ya ass off.

PS the site is laggy atm kinda :)

The only thing that will fix uranus is this, and its never gonna happen, is if there becomes a way where being allied to another clan is punished. Clans, as the name suggests, is a group of like-minded individuals who band together. There also needs to be more rewards for being a specific faction. CA is cool if you play it right, and to the stupid point about us in non-CA areas, were to help protect NC idiot, perhaps people in non-CA areas are plotting against Reeza?!?!

Anyway I'm off, just thought I'd put some non-sensical debate into the pot :P

Dirk_Gently
27-06-04, 12:48
But if the RP in the game doesn't work then nothing does.

No way does NC stand up as a fps, the only benefit it has is that you can fight people who can't fight back which other fps don't let you.

Doc Holliday
27-06-04, 13:13
i think a lot of posters here need to try and sway back on topic a little more. the original thread was about everyone jumping to the anticity factions. there is no balance. Scorps point about workin together as a faction was a good one. ironic but funny. when your workin with your faction its rp. when someone else works with theirs its called zerging. thats the one of the best examples of why this server is going down hill. people cant get over the fact that people work together. bd got a rep as a zerg faction. people complained about the fact we worked together but no one minded when bd didnt have any ops. if the gr rules had been left AS THEY WERE none of this would have started. people are being penned in like sheep to certain factions. call it survival of the fittest or the lamest.

To the roleplay point. this thread started getting a tad hijacked by some of the fa people gettin on their high horses about things that happened a long time ago. theres no need for it in this discussion. please leave it out. as for rp in general my thoughts are this is initially why anyone chooses a faction. ok some people choose tg/bd because it facilitates easy pking. some people join the faction because they like it for one reason or another. thats usually some form of roleplay oppurtunity in there. u like the ideas of what they stand for. U WISH TO PLAY A ROLE IN THE FACTION! unfortunatly some factions are alot easy to rp than others. its not about items in game either its about people wanting to work together to make events make things happen and generally have a good time. one persons idea of rp is diff to anothers but people bitching about this clan or that clan or the other because they were doing their version of rp is pathetic. Problem is not this. Lots of people dont see outside the box and realise they are rp'ing or trying to so they whine on trade/ooc/clan/these forums :rolleyes: What people need to do is get over themselves and actually try and have a go themselves if they wish.

Another problem. i have stated a thousand times. the f6 button. how many people use it as an excuse to pk or an excuse not to pk. geist said it well. me and him have been very good friends from a very long time. i have been to op fights for him vs another green clan and beaten them. man how they whined. but it was all roleplay. this game at the moment is turning in to a mmofps game. its all about the killing. when people turn it in to 456789 on 1 gank fests it becomes boring. that is a sad fact. thats whats happening. the strong prosper and the weak fall by the roadside. thats why everyone stopped being pro city.

My point is this. if people want to be lame and hog everything forsaking all others fine. but before long your gonna kill the game. the big alliance that dominated the server several months ago saw off a nice chunk of players on both sides. *claps loudly* well done fellas. whats left is really the dregs and no one gives enough of a fuck to actually change it.

There are ways it can be done. People can honestly jump start the server. People can make the city factions worth playing and fun and make a good game of it. CA TT BIO would be my 3 choices for going back to pro. in that order because of the stuff u can do with the factions. dre/pp dont really have a hell of alot in terms of depth in my opinion only other than as traders. this game characterises u in 2 modes. fighter and trader. they would be supporter factions for the main 3. next would be somewhere in the middle as they provide all the vehicles home and in the field. it makes them important. see how one person can start ideas formin for alot of things.

when doy comes its gonna be empire vs empire. i think its about time some people started getting it together and made it so there is gonna be a 2nd empire for the 1st one to actually fight. as i said above there are people who can actually jump start the server.

Sad fact is i dont think any of them play anymore.

greendonkeyuk
27-06-04, 14:54
i think that about sums it up nicely. too many hypocrits in this thread for my liking. as doc said one mans alliance is another mans zerg. If fa is one big clan and all a happy family etc why was it that Bd got it in the neck for doin the same thing. During the time of the sYndicate wars Crahn had representatives of 5 clans spread across 3 or 4 factions to fight against. when Flux fought with uTs at soliko lab (and won convincingly several times) all of Fa/tg/ts even biotech and Diamond real estate got called in..... biotech are allied.... At the last opfight i went to we were due to take an op from a DRE clan.... they called in RAF to fight for them.... With shit like this goin off its no wonder the server went down the toilet.
People whine about rp, there isnt really any rp left. Its all about who youre friends with and who you can ask for help. People dont give a fuck about factions at opfights, you dont lose sl, you dont lose Fs, you dont drop a belt. You dont even need to get pokes if you log off and go back later with a ppu on an alt char. Hence people will bring vast armies to fight each other and drag up every man woman and child who can shoot a weapon to fight on their sides. In recent times ive noticed various clans starting to fight by themselves and credit to them for it, but in the past it seems to have been born out of hatred rather than friendship.

Syndicate never really had any allies. Do Ncat have any? Regulators never really had any proper allies till we went to BD and even then we preffered not to use them. TJ mostly fought alone against all and sundry. All of these clans (with the exception of Ncat) have pretty much left i noticed. The ronins of old also fought alone didnt they? These are some of the better clans this server has seen imo, simply because they fought alone, they never needed allies, i lost count of the amount of times as sYn we had to wait for a fight because our opponents had to get all their allies to a nearby gr.

anyway enough rambling about past events, back onto the topic of discussion, theres no procity clans because the procity lot got sick of being zerged by these socalled alliances that we have now. The last 2 memorable procity clans who held any ops were A: Ronins and B: The Regulators, Underworld in recent times have managed to hold ops for short amounts of time but afaik they havent kept em long. This is because of these alliances that keep cropping up on the anti city side, ive said it time and time again, people need to learn to fight by themselves. None of this allied bullshit, if yuo wanna be allied be in the same clan as the "allied" clan. Merge with them. The problem is when these said alliances cant face the facts that they got beaten by a superior team (numbers or skills) they have to come back with a BIGGER team than previous. When the bigger team get beat it gets bigger still.

The only thing thats gonna save the server is if one of these big alliances moves to procity en masse, however i doubt anyone is prepared to do that so these threads will continue to pop up. the only other thing that can save things is Doy coming and bringing with it some form of extra incentive to be on the losing side. ive heard of a scheme like this being introduced in one of the articles posted about doy im sure of it but details were not very thorough. I hope it does happen tbh. I do still like uranus over all the other servers but the way it is right now is jus boring.

Rai Wong
27-06-04, 20:43
as I described in my last post, people not playing pro CA is not to do with zerging or getting ganked, its because its just unattractice, and unsafe compared to hardcore bassass terrorists who live safer lives.

I can prove this, because every other server has more people on the anticity side, simply because it was more attractive to become with, leading to a larger players base and larger clan, and further leading to pro CA clans worse to play.

Its not to do with politics, or rp, its a fundamental game design error, and of course its acceptabler in game to pk green people in a warzone, so that causes the whining when people get killed by allies.

{MD}GeistDamnit
27-06-04, 22:18
Well put doc, Amen for real, you too donkey, and rai. Honestly I hate getting killed by 2000 doys when trying to go somewhere. That's one of the factors in a choice to be ainti city, another is the pking yes I know, but the most important reason I think, is all the great leveling spots are in anti city places. Lets see, you got CRP caves, Doy tunnels, Gaya, Shaman caves, Scorpion caves and soulcluster tunnels. There is no love for city factions aside from the epics, which people end up just passing through for em :/

However you can't totally blame KK for the way servers are, people have choices you know... but I would put a good 75% on KK for their decisions to make City factions less desireable. :(

greendonkeyuk
27-06-04, 22:50
well hopefully theyre gonna give us some sort of underdog bonus with doy, i do recall reading something on the subject so im hoping it does come in to effect as it would help the situation no end.

Bozz-Von Mel
28-06-04, 04:02
First of all, hello to Doc & Pyper miss you guys. Tick get your ass home safe brother. I will be at Ft. Campbell end of July.

I usually dont read these forums or post much even though I been here for nearly 2 years. As far as affairs on Uranus go I am very concerned. I log on to about 30 people during my prime time. Sucks cause I don't want to go to Saturn and I have nothing to do on Pluto. I have faction hopped just as much as the next guy hell Von Mellenthin has been TG, TT, Crahn,Proto, BD, CM. However, I do think there does need to be incentives for staying in a faction. Maybe loss of levels for switching or something like that.

The clan wars system confuses me. Should you always be at war with your F6 enemies? Should faction councils have the power to declare war on neutral factions? Hell I cant keep track of who has alts or friends in a enemy faction, and I am not supposed to attack this guy but I can attack his other guy and all.

I finally said screw it, I am playing F6 all the way. So when I am on my CM char I kill any BD or TG (of reasonable level) that comes within my visual range, and in RP as CM I attack and neutral factions as hired gun but never attack allied. When I am on my Proto Pharma char its NEXT and TS. I dont cross load chars to get revenge or any of that bs. Unfortunatly, there are plenty of people who dont play that way and I sometimes get ganked by friendly faction and I get very confused. Attractive factions don't attract me, in fact, if its unpopular I do it. So I am gonna stay CM and play Rhino troll. Its kind of nice having the base all to myself. Its also fun watching NCAT attack my Rhino like 10 monkeys trying to hump a football.

l8r

Von Mellenthin

]v[ortice
28-06-04, 09:46
Well said Doc and Billy.

I think another point that is probably the case throughout the servers thesedays is that people are part of factions enemy to Neocron yet they spend most of their time in Plaza 2. I mean what the fuck is that all about?

I remember a time where you could get poked in TH, get your weapons built in TG and you recruited your runners from your own faction.

Those really were the days.

Unfortunately, if someone makes a tradeskiller thesedays it's undoubtedly the case that they start in pro-city or if they don't they soon migrate there.

You gotta follow the work I suppose.

Rai Wong
29-06-04, 04:55
i'm not so sure about that...its stupid that anti city get the only advantage pro ca have : the city, but at the moment with like 50 people on server sometimes. It might be a bad idea to split up everyone back into 3-4 gathering places.

However I do think that if you play anti CA you should not be able to be in the city's central areas. While I dissagree with the removal of the safeslot. I think its extremely neccesary to make sl loses when pking green factions in warzone, and other aspects to make Neocron more fun. Such as fall damage, AoE pushback effect.

My idea is that every faction should get their own benefits, and not an "item" that can be transferred between factions. So CA can use weapons
in safezones and play cops, and actually get a nicer looking epic PA. Biotech get access to buy 3rd level implants off shops, and a bonus to implanting skills, tangents get to buy weapons off shops at good quality, and so on.... Since the Pro CA suffers their own share of disadvantages, and a less fun rp role. I think its fair that they need to be given more secuirity at least inside city, and more benefits.

I mean look at it this way you are CA, you can't go anywhere, you want to level in crp? gr locked? places filled with doy bots happen to be the only good leveling places. Graves for droners? no luck if you are pro CA. Uhg... ok I go pvp in pepper park, erhm 40 guards protecting the people you want to kill in pp1, with everyone running around the guards, then all the guards kill you... gr back to plaza to have the TWG standing right in front of you to laugh at you. A TWG standing in the middle of plaza...... k lets go to mb to hunt warbots, get ganked by some BD on gr. Go to op fights, erhm get killed by FA+TWG+BD+TS.

That pretty much sums up my life...now who said they wanted the removal of safeslots? There isn't even one gr on the uranus map which is "A". Thats why everyone switchs to anti CA. Of course I also get protection from DOY, can go to DOY when BDOY comes out, and can play some badass terrorist while remaining safe from every single CA problem, yet have no new problems my own. Sounds tempting? well it is.

Azrael104
29-06-04, 05:38
WHAT DAMN JOO U KING NIB COME BACK NOW....... :eek:

Scorpius.

:wtf:
Yes my Master.......

]v[ortice
29-06-04, 09:53
Hmmmz while I agree and should really have posted before that the current server population wouldn't support a trade economy in MB/TH/TG etc, I really do have to disagree with the GR situation.

Since the Racetrack GR was implemented you can access all four corners of the map with no bother at all.

Pro-City can Hunt DoY bots solo via El Farid, I've done it myself.

Biotech Epic is acheivable alone, I know my missus did it a few days ago simply avoiding bots.

Lots of opportunities are available to Pro-City and I'll admit there are some hinderences. There isn't really an excuse not to be Pro-City. ATM most of my Chars are BD. BD are just as bad as CA or any other City Faction for getting GR access as our enemies are FA, TS and TG primarily. They own most of the OPs on the server most of the time.

I seriously don't have problems getting about so people can't use that as an excuse for not being Pro-City.

Doc Holliday
29-06-04, 20:22
MAKE BLACK DRAGON NEUTRAL TO CA!!!!

now read it again. then have think. ts mortal enemy goes to doy. black dragon gets pp. ok the drug thing would be a problem for the admin d00ds to turn a blind eye on but secretly if proto cut some sort of deal to try and keep some kind of regulation on the drugs on the market then it can work. with tsunami gone the strip clubs would go to. black dragon moves in to the entertainments business and takes over pp. turn the crahn church in to a nightclub. a good one its got potential. the troops need some entertainment on leave when they have been fighting the domes forces out in the mud and guts of the wastes. Excusing dre black dragon has one of the most friendly reputations with the city factions of all of the anti city ones in my opinion.

neutral to tt ( supplies damien jordan himself. king crackhead ) neutral to next cos the dealers need scooters to deliver the goods ;) neutral to proto ( probably cos they make the best stuff. :p ) biotech hmmm not really sure but i guess an alliance with them is better than nothing. least u can put your boys back together after any "incursions" from rival dealers. Now if crahn became an enemy of black dragon it would even out. crahn and tg are allied as factions. the religious nuts dont like drugs. the dragons are classed as heathens and become about as welcome as a fart in a crowded elevator. they cut a deal with the diamond heads. they look after pp and dre cover the rest of the city. in return diamond fit the security systems to appartments in pepperpark or even the strip clubs. city admin in light of all this decide to let pepper park be and those who inhabit it. let the dragons police it themselves allowing the copbots to be better deployed in other areas of the city. hey presto. better the devil you know than the devil you dont :angel:

Carb or Callash i hope u read this *wink wink*

greendonkeyuk
29-06-04, 20:29
dont want to be accused of giving an unbiased opinion but it does have mileage.

Mr_Snow
29-06-04, 20:33
RP on

Crahn and BD are allied because of 2 mutual and hated enemies, CA and Tsu so them being allied makes sense, Crahn is only allied to TG until one of them kicks out Lion Reza and surplants CA so in event of choosing Crahn would support BD instead TG, anyway drugs are handy to have for experimenting on mutants dont you think and friends who are skilled at making exotic drugs for these experiments, as for the church the brotherhood will never allow our inner city base to be sold and turned into nightclub.

RP off

Doc Holliday
29-06-04, 22:58
RP on

Crahn and BD are allied because of 2 mutual and hated enemies, CA and Tsu so them being allied makes sense, Crahn is only allied to TG until one of them kicks out Lion Reza and surplants CA so in event of choosing Crahn would support BD instead TG, anyway drugs are handy to have for experimenting on mutants dont you think and friends who are skilled at making exotic drugs for these experiments, as for the church the brotherhood will never allow our inner city base to be sold and turned into nightclub.

RP off

wow. theres 2 of us who can rp on the whole server :p :p :p

Mr_Snow
29-06-04, 23:29
wow. theres 2 of us who can rp on the whole server :p :p :p

A pity Ive no crahn characters on uranus.

hegemonic
30-06-04, 06:41
It's good to see so many articulate and well-thought out ideas and concerns displayed from all sides of the issues at hand. This thread has made for a great read :)

Some points:
-Placement of non-OP GRs around the map make for somewhat easy movement to hunting grounds. If you don't have the non-OP GRs, get them regardless of faction.

-By nature, an alliance such as FA's recent alliance has the natural (and de-facto) result in a counter-alliance, as evidenced yesterday at Jeriko. (Good times btw).
The most fighting I've seen on the server is between TG and FA, supposedly allied, but since this IS an RP (despite how it's played by a LOT of people), WE as the citizenry of NC choose the future path of Faction alliances and loyalties on a daily basis through how we play the game.
The fact of the matter is that even IRL interpersonal vendettas/gripes/conflicts and even friendships catalyze the way the world plays out. Such as it is in NC; I have friendly relations with many runners in enemy factions and I have unfriendly relations with runners in allied factions, this is a product of the de-facto polarization of a community.
You can't hate everyone in an enemy faction JUST because they're red, just like you can't like everyone in an allied faction JUST because they're green. It's how we each interact with each other that determines who you will and will not fight or get along with.
I RP and my characters' interpersonal relationships with other runners are on a case-by-case basis of how they interact with me.
In my case, I play Fallen Angels faction which by nature is pretty neutral until our freedoms are oppressed; this oppression can come from an allied faction oppressing us by not letting us hunt in peace or the oppression can come from an enemy faction limiting our freedom by abducting us and illegally implanting chips into our brains to control our actions. For my characters, I play them as tolerant to all and try to be non-prejudiced against other faction members, because FA wants to "free minds" and this can not be done if my characters have closed minds.

-In response to the "top heavy" comment on most runners being anti-city; this too will naturally shift as time progresses and runners learn who their enemies are. (There's also that contingency of bandwagoners that sway to whichever direction the wind is blowing. When it's no longer the mode du jour to be anti-city, the "me-too's" will all go back to pro-city.)

Sorry for the long-winded post, but felt I should chime in here.

Bozz-Von Mel
30-06-04, 07:01
You can't hate everyone in an enemy faction JUST because they're red, just like you can't like everyone in an allied faction JUST because they're green. It's how we each interact with each other that determines who you will and will not fight or get along with.
I RP and my characters' interpersonal relationships with other runners are on a case-by-case basis of how they interact with me.

I dont have to hate an enemy faction to attack them and I don't believe I should be griefed for attacking an enemy faction. Even if I dont like someone in an allied faction, it is just plain dumb to attack them even though I might want to.

It would be nice if a faction council decision or a declared clan war would make the designated clans or factions temporarily red for the duration of war, even if they are from an allied/neutral faction. This would put the storyline in our hands. It also will reduce the confusion as to who I can shoot and who I can expect to attack me. Create more severe punishments for killing outside of red and we are set.

hegemonic
30-06-04, 07:12
I dont have to hate an enemy faction to attack them and I don't believe I should be griefed for attacking an enemy faction. Even if I dont like someone in an allied faction, it is just plain dumb to attack them even though I might want to.

I don't disagree with you Bozz, and didn't suggest such a thing either. RP does not mean we strictly follow the world faction setup as a directing force in our NC lives, freewill is present and this keeps the game from becoming boring for me.

It would be nice if a faction council decision or a declared clan war would make the designated clans or factions temporarily red for the duration of war, even if they are from an allied/neutral faction. This would put the storyline in our hands. It also will reduce the confusion as to who I can shoot and who I can expect to attack me. Create more severe punishments for killing outside of red and we are set.

<====also waiting for the Clan War system to be fixed. Great suggestion.

]v[ortice
30-06-04, 09:54
I really like Doc's idea.

Again my own unbiased opinion (As me and Doc are mates).

In the current state on the server as a long-time BD runner I feel that I lean more toward the Pro-City than I do the other side.

Its simple Really.

Right now my enemies on the server are coming from TG, TH, Crahn and Tsunami. (Some small minds in Tangent too for some daft reason).

Now when DoY comes out, I'm expected to pack my bags and go shack up with these guys and play happy families???

Sorry, but no.

You'd have to come up with some kind of major twist in the storyline that would persuade me to follow my faction to DoY to rub noses with the people I hate (in character).

----------------

On a side note, I think TH and TG at war is just plain silly. I know that allied clans don't necessarily get on with each other but I firmly believe that if you want to oppose each other one set of you guys should uproot and go to a hostile faction to the other.

LoL... and I forget who it was, but sooner or later someone had to mention the 'Server Herd' who regularly move to pastures new to graze with the popular players of the moment.

Ahhh just checked... Hegemonic.

Nice one mate... you just won the award for the first person to mention or imply 'Sheep' on my thread :)

Maester Seymour
30-06-04, 11:08
v[ortice']I think TH and TG at war is just plain silly. I know that allied clans don't necessarily get on with each other but I firmly believe that if you want to oppose each other one set of you guys should uproot and go to a hostile faction to the other.

Yup i agree dude, i think its bloody stupid tbh.
The clan (who will remain nameless :p) that started the TG vs FA war should shift faction if they wanna fight their current allies so bad. I don't think the faction that didn't start the war but were left with no choice but to attack them back, should have to up and leave their faction because of them though.
Or make it so clan wars work and we can make allied clans appear hostile to us or summin, it wouldn't be as bad if that were the case.

{MD}GeistDamnit
30-06-04, 11:35
Yup i agree dude, i think its bloody stupid tbh.
The clan (who will remain nameless :p) that started the TG vs FA war should shift faction if they wanna fight their current allies so bad. I don't think the faction that didn't start the war but were left with no choice but to attack them back, should have to up and leave their faction because of them though.
Or make it so clan wars work and we can make allied clans appear hostile to us or summin, it wouldn't be as bad if that were the case.

This unnamed clan Attacks FA because another unnamed clan thought they could avoid being pk'd by going from CA to FA :/

so the first unnamed clan felt they shouldent be getting life easy, plus the fact that no carebear clan deserves an op ;)

you people allied to that clan and it's your own FAult ( haha ) that you die alongside those weaklings. They need to be protected..... really.

Maester Seymour
30-06-04, 11:55
This unnamed clan Attacks FA because another unnamed clan thought they could avoid being pk'd by going from CA to FA :/

Some people in that unnamed clan were attacking certain FA's on and off wayyy before that unnamed CA clan even thought about moving to FA :p

]v[ortice
30-06-04, 12:49
Does anyone think there is enough big clans on uranus to have one for each faction?

Would be cool to have all that kicking off again.

Not that I'm saying it would happen of course, but in theory it might straighten things out as in fighting your proper enemies and RPing Wars that way.

I'd be in favour of using a system akin to planetside's where they tell you which faction has the lowest number in each server so people are more inclined to start there and re-populate. Nigh on impossible to implement unfortunately seeing as characters are still registered to factions and haven't been deleted etc.

Doc Holliday
30-06-04, 17:55
Nice post hegemonic. Ent mate i freakin copyrighted the sheep thing have had one of my many rants on trade on the subject :mad: :p . its something i feel strongly about and its happened since the synchs first got big and the uTs switched to ts. times before that held some semblance of balance on the server. in regards to switching factions because your an ally to someone u want to attack is plain wrong. sorry but no. thats going choo choo and riding the f6 train.

@ geist and maester. guys you both put in some good points in the debate and this thread has needed to be started for a long time but can you please keep the clan vs clan thing out. its not really needed in all honesty. ;)

what would be nice as mortice stated would be one decent sized clan per faction to show off each faction. it would help populate them all. sadly there is the lack of players left as far as i can see forcing the sheep effect ( can i get a medal for 2 mentions in one post :cool: ) and the fact of the city factions like dre or pp not really that "marketable" in some respects for people to be. u cant roleplay selling appartments but you could offer security personnel as dre i guess. bit like cl used to do way back ( an old skool dre clan ) what needs to happen tho if rp is really gonna be put in to play is 2 things. the player base to swell. people to get over themselves and remember they have alts so either group in one faction or really disentangle each alt from another and truly rp. second method not so easy as people still know people by one alt. my bro has people who each know him by diff alts o_O

Final point i would like to add is go von go. nice post about the clan wars thing. if this can be implemented with a scheme were senior heads of the clan or even the faction must agree on implementing a clan war. look at it as a court room. the clan leaders or seniors go in state their case. the faction heads view it. discuss it. look at the circumstances and rule on it. it means more for the faction heads to do and means the faction becomes more immersed. this would mean people have to communicate with each other and support each other. also means an option for a bit of the old corruption but who cares :p
it would however give purpose to being a faction chairman and haveing some control. i remember our 2nd meeting as tangent when the FC's were introduced. i fully enjoyed it. in the end the FC joined the regulators with an unknown alt. we found out who he was eventually ;)

Im all with maester about the free will thing. i just wish more people could be akin to free thinkin outside of the box like him and myself and some others as posted here in the thread. i really hope people read this and take note and actually sort this out.

[F6]Knight
30-06-04, 18:29
FA aint evil, we r neutral :p
and after gone from CA to FA myself i gotta say i have a lot more fun
now i can more safely explore the wastelands without being ganked just for being pro city
and as a city neutral i can still have fun around the city and even try to do aggies with new chars without too much fear of ganking (it happens, but not as much as if i would be there with a TG)

and as mentioned above those 'evil' factions seem cooler to play

btw: actually TG is the good one and CA is the evil one if you followed the history a bit (even though most CA members dont realize or even know this)

greendonkeyuk
30-06-04, 18:35
hello to you too von.

Sheep, sheep, sheep > u. i said it 3 times doc do i get a cookie?

Not much to add to this today, but wanted to say YES to clan wars. The alt chars thing, yeah i get called by different names all the time, 2 so far in this thread. most people probably know all my chars by now jus coz ive been around a while. some cant separate one from another. this is where the problem lies. having read the rest of the thread today only one word comes to mind. Sportsmanship.

Having played Unreal Tournament for a few weeks now ive noticed a MASSIVE difference in the conduct of players there to players here. While i realise you cant compare an fps to a mmorpg on the whole at least this element is relevant. After a match in Unreal most people say gg, ie good game. The odd idiot bitches about someone camping the raptor or how his team sucks but nearly all the clanned players ive played with have been courteous and polite and 95% of the unclanned are too.

Why is nc not like this? Admittedly ive not really played extensively in the last week or so since the new rules about bad language have been brought in but on the whole i wish people would be able to accept that they got beat by a superior player/team. Simple answer is they dont. 90% of the opfights ive been to have gone = fight, lose, grab some more players, go back and fight, lose, go back and finally win because youve got every man woman and child old enough to shoot a gun on your team and 5969797 million ppus along for the ride.

Now some clans call this a standard modus operandi. Some cannot stand to lose so much that they have to resort to server hopping to get more players in. Whether this still happens or not i have no idea but i know for a fact its happened in the past. Personally i would rather that all opfights are limited to Clan V Clan not clan plus whoever else they can get to come. While this might kill off opfights for some smaller clans temporarily whilst they recruit more members etc to mount a serious challenge. However with a higher server pop i would hope this goal would be more attainable. I know there is no way you could ever make a rule of this so that only 2 clans could fight in one zone etc and so it would be up to the clan leaders to sort this, possibly an ooc wink to the other team and say oi watch out malstrond is about to get busted, then the clan piles off and hits soliko or something :D

Seriously though, the reason i hung up my holy heal for opfighting (and hence why i rarely log in now) was because of these 2 reasons.

Firstly, when we went to a fight (and won) we knew wed lose the 2nd time, due to the fact that nearly every clan ive fought against always came back with additional people to massively outnumber us.

Secondly, if (when?) we lost, plaza 2 would be like a kids playpen, "omg joo suck dud3" etc is all you get while youre stood waiting on si and pokes etc. After a while it starts to get boring. I recall a funny incident recently where we had a fight wth a certain crahn clan (mentioning no names of course), after the fight (which we lost incidentally) i stood in the plaza and was accosted by no less than 5 of them. Each bleated his own version of the above insults at regular intervals, after the third line of drivel i got bored, went afk, rolled a joint (to calm my nerves) made a brew (to get rid of the dry mouth) and came back to the pc. About 25 minutes had passed and the famous 5 were still waxing lyrical at my afk body without showing any signs of running out of steam....

I play to win, however i am prepared to accept losing too, but this kind of bs is what kills the game.

Weve all wished some people would play a lil more maturely at times, now i jus avoid the idiots mostly. I guess this wont stop the gang-fucking goin on as some people still will do anything it takes to "win". All sense of sportmanship goes out of the window for these people and so it makes things less fun for everyone. Imo this is whats killing the server, and indeed the game.

Mr_Snow
30-06-04, 19:09
Not much to add eh wyatt?

Nevermind it was all good stuff especially the clan v clan bit which is my personal view on things, any clan that will fight by themselves is to be respected even if they lose every fight.

A decent clan war system has been promised for god knows how and still hasnt been implemented and I somehow doubt that it will come DoY as DoY seems to be promising 2 factions in all but name who are expected just to fight each other all the time and to cut down the importance of clans in the whole equation.

steweygrrr
30-06-04, 19:17

so the first unnamed clan felt they shouldent be getting life easy, plus the fact that no carebear clan deserves an op ;)

you people allied to that clan and it's your own FAult ( haha ) that you die alongside those weaklings. They need to be protected..... really.

That certain CA now FA clan moved for no such reason. I will not raise the issue again because frankly I'm sick of repeating it and people are sick of hearing it ok? Yes! Revalation! We PKed one of our biggest allies frequently! SHOCK HORROR....if we were doing that....why move to a faction with them in? It was politics, pure and simple. Something you and your clan would do well to learn and get involved in/.

Bozz-Von Mel
30-06-04, 19:33
Nevermind it was all good stuff especially the clan v clan bit which is my personal view on things, any clan that will fight by themselves is to be respected even if they lose every fight.

I can't knock you guys for wanting to be respectable. I carry a slightly different mentality. I like to win. Not a "win at all cost" attitude, but still winning is fun. I lean a little more toward the role of the faction over clan, but just a view.

When you are at war there is no trophy for 2nd place. War does not determine who is right, just determines who is left. Your gonna loose and it sucks to loose, but if you pay attention and learn to not make the same mistakes that got you killed you will get better. You may even change your tactics as the enemy changes his. Introduce vehicle combat, conduct deception attacks. This evolution of the battlefield is half the fun.

Unfortunatly, most people (not you guys in particular) dont want to use thier brains. They want to take shortcuts and the easy way out. Then they want to cry foul if someone else defeats them with tactics instead of pure skill. The FA on uranus are doing this beautifly atm. They are taking a player base with marginal skill and deploying them in such a way that they are more effective. It is brilliant and I am jealous. It's a slap in the face of the power gamer and I like it. All their opposition can seem to do is cry zerg. The opposition just does not want to adjust and better the game.

If people will open their eyes they will see the HC PE is not such a gimp after all, but rather an adjustment. The days of the "circle jerk" PvP are closing and the days of combined arms (vehicles) are coming.

Mr_Snow
30-06-04, 19:45
Its not war its a game.

While I like to win, I like to win on my own merits and the merits of my clan not on the merits of how many people I know that hate such and such an alliance and are online and can be dragged to an op war to kill them in 20 seconds so we can hack the op and be l33t and not have any fun fighting.

In the flux TJ war we won we lost, all the major fights took over half an hour, one even went on so long that we finally won because TJ are mostly german and generally have to log an hour before us, the main thing is that we had fun, Ive been a part of major alliances and fighting with them or against them is not fun because fights dont last long enough and with alliances you cant properly coordinate with each other which leads to people getting in each others way and other various annoyances which make clan v clan so much better then alliance v alliance.

As for the FA alliance thing you complaining about a single clan taking allies with them to face 3 allies is just being hypocritical until you choose to fight as single clans and bring allies if they bring allies but until then anybody who brings allies is justified in doing so.

greendonkeyuk
30-06-04, 19:48
tbh mr snow i got nostalgic of our days as sYn vs the server. I loved those times because we fought, bled and died together as brothers in arms. Sure we lost as much as we won; but we won as clan and the smell of victory is always sweeter when theres no sweaty allies cramping your style.

Von while i agree with your comments on tactics, the said popular "tactic" of zerging was to rush the op with 50 odd people like frat boys goin at a virgin on prom night..... That in my book aint tactics.

If we lost due to proper tactics id accept it so much easier but most of the losses we incurred werent like that.

QuantumDelta
30-06-04, 20:05
but we won as clan and the smell of victory is always sweeter when theres no sweaty allies cramping your style.

No one ever stops to mention the fact that it was about 40987530976398475983798375983759837593867203968430948 clans in one clan, except fang, which seems weird to me.

Bozz-Von Mel
30-06-04, 20:07
Its not war its a game.

True but it is a "wargame".

The best way to avoid this zerg would take discipline. It would be hard to implement cause you would have to "hold people back" or keep them out of the fight. Pool your forces at location A. Send what forces the leadership feels are adequate to OP B and begin hack or attack turrets. Hold remaining forces at location A. When defenders arrive and fight begins, evaluate the situation and determine if reinforcements are needed. This way maybe the forces are not all on the OP like a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football. I still feel a good defender will defeat this easily. It's hard to find the balance.

Bozz-Von Mel
30-06-04, 20:10
No one ever stops to mention the fact that it was about 40987530976398475983798375983759837593867203968430948 clans in one clan, except fang, which seems weird to me.

btw, nobody has been able to tell me why 3 seperate clans working together with maybe 15 people total is a zerg or GLA, and 1 clan with 30 beating the hell out of people is not.

QuantumDelta
30-06-04, 20:20
There isn't a difference :p

--

Btw, Bozz, I've always been cooking up sets of tactics for op wars in NC, I play it like a political strategy but that suites where my main character ended up in terms of political position...

--
I used to play it just like you'd play Deus Ex...

Mr_Snow
30-06-04, 20:20

sYn was Fangs attempt at pure numbers to beat the GLA horde but it suffer from the problem of "oh theres an op war damn I got to go somewhere in a couple of minutes but Ill help next time I swear" problem and meanwhile those said people were out giving the clan a bad name and getting them into more wars and fights, so it ended up with sYn having a normal op fighting force with an abnormal amount of enemies, something similar to what happened in the ronins when the recruited alot to fight the horde.

QuantumDelta
30-06-04, 20:21
Which is why I always went with the quality over quantity thing :p

Just numbers seemed to mount up because quality means long term most of the time o.O

Mr_Snow
30-06-04, 20:25
True but it is a "wargame".

The best way to avoid this zerg would take discipline. It would be hard to implement cause you would have to "hold people back" or keep them out of the fight. Pool your forces at location A. Send what forces the leadership feels are adequate to OP B and begin hack or attack turrets. Hold remaining forces at location A. When defenders arrive and fight begins, evaluate the situation and determine if reinforcements are needed. This way maybe the forces are not all on the OP like a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football. I still feel a good defender will defeat this easily. It's hard to find the balance.

You try convincing even a small team without the use of voice coms to do anything like that and you will get moans of I want to fight etc and in reality wouldnt be viable without voice coms and woulnt be easy even with them.

And its not a wargame as such its an rpg with a large pvp element which isnt a wargame.

Bozz-Von Mel
30-06-04, 20:31
You try convincing even a small team without the use of voice coms to do anything like that and you will get moans of I want to fight etc and in reality wouldnt be viable without voice coms and woulnt be easy even with them.

And its not a wargame as such its an rpg with a large pvp element which isnt a wargame.

I know, thats kind of why these "zergs" are sometimes unavoidable. If you have the numbers its a waste to just do nothing

heh, wargame, rpg, It has aspects of both, which makes it beautifull.

Doc Holliday
30-06-04, 20:55
i just want to point out to all readers how well this has been debated and discussed. this is what stands the uranus server and players out from alot of the other servers. at least the ones who post on here. GJ guys. ;)

{MD}GeistDamnit
30-06-04, 22:10
That certain CA now FA clan moved for no such reason. I will not raise the issue again because frankly I'm sick of repeating it and people are sick of hearing it ok? Yes! Revalation! We PKed one of our biggest allies frequently! SHOCK HORROR....if we were doing that....why move to a faction with them in? It was politics, pure and simple. Something you and your clan would do well to learn and get involved in/.

I allready made it perfectly clear that Politics are for lamer carebears and people who wanna feel all big cause they are small in RL. As for this clan in question, I can't imagine any of them Pking anyone :lol:

Bozz-Von Mel
30-06-04, 22:27
I allready made it perfectly clear that Politics are for lamer carebears and people who wanna feel all big cause they are small in RL. As for this clan in question, I can't imagine any of them Pking anyone :lol:

Well your entitled to your opinion but your assumption is completely invalid. I for one enjoy the politics in the game, but I am far from a small man.
Now back on topic, Yes Doc it has been a great discussion and anyone who does not agree is part of the reason the server is dieing.

Doc Holliday
30-06-04, 22:29
so the question now begs to all the active players. who is going to try and make a difference on this one. and more to the point how? im interested in any thoughts from players old or new, active or not.

greendonkeyuk
30-06-04, 22:35
tin opener > worm can.

im all ears.

{MD}GeistDamnit
30-06-04, 22:36
Well your entitled to your opinion but your assumption is completely invalid. I for one enjoy the politics in the game, but I am far from a small man. OOC: My RL occupation is a soldier, I get to do my share of carrying around guns and feeling real big. It's not that big a deal. Go see your local recruiter and see how big you really are. Please keep your arguments valid and quit attacking people with absourd comments.

Now back on topic, Yes Doc it has been a great discussion and anyone who does not agree is part of the reason the server is dieing.

was gonna join when I was 20, but dident cause of problems I had at the time, still might join. But the point being, if you wanna RP play morrowind of FFX, how can you "RP" in a game with no story or GM/DEV support for one? and don't mention that crap nema and neochronicle, cause reading a magazine out of game no matter how well it is made still does not give any interactivity.And to make myself more clear what I meant about politics and people who like them is more geared to the RL politicians, and people who want to control others for their own gain. And anyone in a game wanting to control a server or others ways of playing said game, is just as sad as an exploiter or random ganker.

greendonkeyuk
30-06-04, 22:39
hush boys play nice now. theres no room for real world bullshit in a game.... THATS why we play them!

{MD}GeistDamnit
30-06-04, 22:41
hush boys play nice now. theres no room for real world bullshit in a game.... THATS why we play them!

hell yeah! that's the truth, that's why I hate politics in a game :p

Doc Holliday
30-06-04, 22:42
yeah but geist i beg to differ. how isnt controlling half the ops on the server not politics of a sort. its by force. thats a dictatorship bro. it allows said clan leader to dictate to others where they can gr to.

Bozz-Von Mel
30-06-04, 22:42
so the question now begs to all the active players. who is going to try and make a difference on this one. and more to the point how? im interested in any thoughts from players old or new, active or not.

You know I am in, nearly 2 years and alot of $$ invested here. As to how. The players who care need to pressure the players who dont. Ganging up on the non-conformist clans and not letting them breath is one way, but nearly impossible. Trying to enforce a trade embargo or have the whole server team up against this one clan to get them to go along makes the rest of us just as bad as them.
Its hard to change the infant mentality of some of these people.

The 2 empire system will definitley change things. Maybe our efforts should be geared toward that. Are you pro NC or pro DOY ?

Doc Holliday
30-06-04, 22:44
its an uphill struggle von but a good core of players could do it. it just needs a mouth peice to do the talking. if enough people pool together they can form a clan to start the ball rolling. maybe u can get something going?

Bozz-Von Mel
30-06-04, 22:45
was gonna join when I was 20, but dident cause of problems I had at the time, still might join. But the point being, if you wanna RP play morrowind of FFX, how can you "RP" in a game with no story or GM/DEV support for one? and don't mention that crap nema and neochronicle, cause reading a magazine out of game no matter how well it is made still does not give any interactivity.And to make myself more clear what I meant about politics and people who like them is more geared to the RL politicians, and people who want to control others for their own gain. And anyone in a game wanting to control a server or others ways of playing said game, is just as sad as an exploiter or random ganker.

I misjudged you, valid point :D Why didnt you say this in the first place ?

{MD}GeistDamnit
30-06-04, 22:49
yeah but geist i beg to differ. how isnt controlling half the ops on the server not politics of a sort. its by force. thats a dictatorship bro. it allows said clan leader to dictate to others where they can gr to.

it's not politics it is a dictatorship indeed as you say. But it dosen't deal with the people talking and junk it deals with pure fighting or in some cases "ninjaing" or whatever. Now you want politics then your going to have the say 5 biggest/most influental clans on the server no matter of faction sit together and talk about splitting up the op's to make it more of a rainbow collered map. That sounds like a great idea no? Wrong, it's a shit idea and it would cause nothing but even deeper differences. Not to mention all the people involved would feel ever so self important from then on :/

I say that RP for this game aint here and politics arent properly supported, also most if not all players only even log for 2 reasons 1 to kill reds and 2 to chill with their online friends. That's enough politics needed, you go out with your clan/online friends and you kill reds, then you hax their op and have a laugh. Good enough for me till doy ;)

EDIT: von I have no excuse I sometimes think I can sum up things with as little lazy ass typing as possible cause I'm a lazy goon :( haha. But you know if I was on TS now I could explain better :D or do u not go to ronins TS no more?

Bozz-Von Mel
30-06-04, 23:15
its an uphill struggle von but a good core of players could do it. it just needs a mouth peice to do the talking. if enough people pool together they can form a clan to start the ball rolling. maybe u can get something going?

This isn't something that can be taken on alone. There are as many ideas as players. I decided to go with the straight F6 philosophy. It's the best we got until they fine tune the clan wars system. I understand Geist's points. Nobody can be made to go along, about all you can do is watch your lane. I have discovered that flexibility is the biggest thing most people lack. It is something I lack. You have to understand everyone has different styles and its that diversity which keeps the game interesting and evolving.

Grieving and calling names is the worst thing you can do in my book. You completely loose my respect when you do that. You can tell that its not name calling in a RP sense but rather its personall. That has to be the #1 reason things are the way they are and why people leave. I hope the GMs enforce the no BS rule on trade channel, but all I saw was defiance from the usual offenders and the GMs let them get away with it.

Geist is right, it is going to take more active participation from the GM community to get RP up.(other than events). I believe the best we can do is try to make our faction governments stronger and more meaningfull. I know most people hate this but, it should be faction first, clan second. There is an election system in place, and it sort of works. I know Proto Pharma was doing a good job of this, but they have a small following. CM, I have never met the FC. People have to choose, are they gonna try to role play by design F6?That may mean potential war with friends, but wouldn't you rather fight friends who won't flame you afterward. Or are people going to continue to ignore RP and do their own thing. Which will continue to lead us to the sad state of affairs we are at now.

Mr_Snow
30-06-04, 23:19
That was tried origionally about the time that the ronins broke up and the map was divided roughly into where each faction should hold ops and which ones were fightable over and which werent, think its been tried on other servers, it was on venus anyway, but has never really worked.

Bozz-Von Mel
30-06-04, 23:28
That was tried origionally about the time that the ronins broke up and the map was divided roughly into where each faction should hold ops and which ones were fightable over and which werent, think its been tried on other servers, it was on venus anyway, but has never really worked.

The state of affairs here requires people who want to continue to play this game to pull together and do what it takes to keep server alive and get population up. Then can call me a carebear because I care about a quality gaming experience. Besides a non-carebear can die just as easy. :cool:

Next question, What needs to be done ? First, we put our finger on what is causing the damage. There have been alot of ideas about that. I for one think that a clan should be responsible and not greedy when taking OPs. Example: Clan A of NEXT gets a good player base and wants to take OPs. However, all OPs are taken and they are going to have to step on someones toes to get a piece of the pie. Clan A is a responsible clan that cares about the player base(not carebears). The goal of clan A is to take one OP of each type, if possible, and no more. Clan A avoids conflict with allies whenever possible and sticks to the F6 storyline. Clan B of TG owns 15 OPs several of each type. Clan B has some quality PvPers but are of questionable character. Clan B is always heard calling names and flaming people on Trade channel.

Clan B has every right to take as many OPs as they want. We cannot do anything about that, but is clan B willing to accept the consequences for these actions? Clan B should be viewed as an overly aggresive tyrant that upsets the balance of power. Therefore, when Clan B is zerged the zerg is justified. Clan A may never keep 5 OPs, there are always going to be clans trying to grab an OP.

Alot of us have seen Clan A and Clan B. Be honest with yourself. Would you rather be in Clan A or B ? There should not be a written rule telling us to be like Clan A, but do you see how Clan A benefits the community more than Clan B? Do you see how this could bring population up and increase the frequency of OP fights making the game more interesting for all ?

Pungent77
01-07-04, 00:59
The way I see it, Uranus or any of the other servers are gonna remain like this until we get some fresh "untainted" players.......that's if we get any new subscribers :lol:

{MD}GeistDamnit
01-07-04, 01:09
well I think a step in the right direction would be making op's have a 1 per type limit. This way no one clan can have the intire map, if you allready have 1 of each then if you hack another that one last hacked just becomes nobody's op till someone elce takes it.

just 1 of each op is all any one clan needs, having more is just being a hog and throwing weight around like there uber :p

]v[ortice
01-07-04, 10:34
Wow... Can of worms eh?

Factions:

I'm up for time-barring runners to factions.

When you start as runner in a particular faction you can't jump ship for a period of time. What about epics? Make them available to the allied factions so it means less jumps to do them all.

Why? It might encourage people to dig there heels in and set up shop at their particular faction. It also reduces the Sheep factor.

Outposts:

1 of each type is all a clan needs and to limit them to that many per clan sounds like a fantastic idea. Why it's not in already is beyond me.

Roleplaying:

Totally agree. There is none. The Neochronicle and VotR are ok as a read if your bored but I would question how many people actually read them all or whether the content means anything to them.

Why? People tend to powerlevel to get to a decent standard, then all they want to do is fight each other. When was the last time you saw anyone levelling properly and visiting the world? Seeing the sights? Tagging GRs? It just don't happen anymore. Maybe with the new content with the expansion people might go out of their way to see the game as they progress instead of going to CRP at /20 and spending their gaming life there until cap.

The story just doesn't unfold around the individual. You have to read it to follow it and that's optional. Yes things are added visually but how many people know why they are there or even taken away? How many people even know their faction history?

Clans:

Everyone wants to be on the winning side unfortunately. Many sheep mentioning awards have already been handed out on this thread so we know that's a problem. I've found that the other biggest problem a clan faces is alts and friends in opposing clans. Maybe that's down to the 4 char spaces on our server. I do feel it's the biggest cause of clan in-fighting and the most unnecessary grief i've ever seen. I've fought my friends before in OP fights and even in just skirmishes at levelling areas. Always shook hands and had a laugh afterwards via DM. After all it's just a game and I'm not breaking friendship with someone because of battles. I used to play tribes and we had brilliant relationships with some clans. We'd even hang around after our matches and have either a free for all or mix up the sides and keep playing CTF. Go hang around their clan IRC and catch up afterwards. Shame that same cameraderie isn't applied here too.

F6:

Not an ideal solution I admit but at least it means clans and lone runners are killing the right people if they're PvP inclined. IMO there should be greater penalties not just for the individual but the clan and faction by killing runners who have an Allied or Neutral status. Strange thing is, If we implemented a dynamic system where the Faction vs Faction updated according to recent politics and friction between the runners in both faction it would get exploited by certain clans so that their faction were red to everyone on the F6 pane.

Clan Wars.

I agree it should be fixed, revamped and workable. What I don't agree with is allied faction kicking off with each other. To go to war with an allied clan is unacceptable in my opinion.

--------

Sorry if that was long winded but that's how I feel.

Note to people still going on about Clan vs Clan in-game. Stop it now please. This is not what the thread is about. Please don't spoil the discussion!!!

Doc Holliday
01-07-04, 18:19
first off just want to say about the meeting to divvy up the ops mutually. this meeting actually took place back in the old days i think just after the original ronins broke up. Mcfuckinhead ordered a meeting between all major powers at that time and tried to divvy up the ops around certian areas ie the mercs go drakkan etc fa got gab mine and other areas the pro clans got the areas around nc and tg was going to have the areas around tg. However hivemind busted in to the meeting and killed everyone there so that went to shit. :lol: ( one of the greatest rpers i ever met too. that was his roleplay. )

U guys have come up with some good ideas here but i still feel theres alot being bandied about that isnt actually possible as its not in the game for us to do. what we need to do is look at what IS possible given the limitations of whats before us in game. i know this sounds like me speakin as if im still playing but we sounds so much better than you dont u all agree?

Bozz-Von Mel
01-07-04, 18:55
You will be back, you can't avoid us forever. ha ha. Having a meeting to divy up OPs is a drastic step. It also writes the little guy out. I am talking about individual clans being responsible at how they take OPs and how many they take. A clan that starts taking more than 5 OPs needs to be attacked immediatley by everyone in the game until they have 5 again. I believe they will still have enough OP action even by owning only 5. The "little guy" smaller clans, will see that it is not so hopeless to get an OP and make an attempt. I know there is not a rule limiting OPs, and I don't think there needs to be. If the larger clans would quit smothering the clan population I think they would find they would have more fun with more opposition.

greendonkeyuk
01-07-04, 19:19
What do the Clan leaders of the various Op holding clans on uranus think of this?

Its all good kickin around a nice comfortable political discussion but if when you get into the "real world" fuck all happens then what was the point? I know that many of Uranus' major players prolly dont view the english forums too often as many are german. Tbh it would be nice to get some input from their side of the community. I know xantor occasionally posts here and one or two others but all the people discussing this idea so far, are, or have been in the past good mates and dont represent the entirety of the server. I think you need to get these peoples inputs too as they matter just as much as the other crazy assed dudes who're comin to take their ops from them. I mean dont get me wrong i think more has come out of this thread than the whine thread posted a few months back by J rieper but still we need more than a handful of opinions, uranus has roughly 150 regular players minimum doesnt it? (last i checked) Surely the few who have spoken of late dont represent the views of the entirety of the server.

Any of SSC brass care to comment? Any of the high ranking members of UA (the fa alliance jobby)?

TBH id be happy if all that came out of this was clan v clan fights not clan v 40 odd m8s. Hence why i play ut2k4, fair fights.

Bozz-Von Mel
01-07-04, 20:39
If we could agree on a code.

For Example:

1. A clan may hold up to 5 OPs one of each type.
2. A clan that holds more than 5 can expect to be zerged by multiple clans until they have 5 again, then its 1 vs 1 after that.
3. A clan that holds 5 or less OPs may be attacked by only one clan. (1 vs 1) and may only defend with 1 clan.
4. NO clan is guranteed any OPs. No dividing of the map by arrangement.

I know this is not perfect and not at all enforceable, but does anyone see how this would help things?

Mr_Snow
01-07-04, 21:42
Somehow I doubt a system like that would ever work in reality, all it needs is one clan saying "I hate losing" and convincing even one or two friends from other clans to come along for everyone to decide to abandon it.

The best thing would be to have a meeting in a safezone without faction guards with all of the major clan leaders, the active uranus faction councilors and select forward looking members of the community to try sort out the current political situation or atleast have people talking in a civilised fashion rather then the usual trade flaming which is generally the height of uranus political discussion.

{MD}GeistDamnit
01-07-04, 22:31
5 op's is too many, isnt there only 4 types? I doubt any clan would go for this, and besides there arent any really big clans left on uranus, it's mostly alliances. Afaik my clan is the only one that primaralary fights alone and holds op's for themselves. the Turrett Jockers used to, but I havent seen any of them in a while.

But seriously that "lets sit at a table and talk this out" is utter crap, and I'm glad Hive killed all people at that meeting long ago, it just goes to show he must agree with might = right just as I do :D

And to be even more honest I dont see a meeting like this happening without someone getting killed cause of their mouth or ego, therefore I think politics is nothing more than "my clan is bigger/better than yours" "my dick is bigger than yours" ego stroking that will lead to more hurt than good.

Bozz-Von Mel
01-07-04, 22:35
We can figure it out, and figure it out fast. Or, let things stay the same and watch the server continue to die.

Factory, Lab, Uplink, Mine, Fortress = 5. 5 is a fair compromise I think.

There are a couple of clans practicing overkill. Try taking just 1 of their 11 OPs, they will attack you or ninja it back, then call you names constantly on trade for your efforts. This is the attitude that is killing the population.

{MD}GeistDamnit
01-07-04, 23:00
well shit it is 5 :p damn I need to pay more attention to detail, anyway every server is fucked right now, What I think should be done is they should merge some of the servers. I know people hate hearing that, but tbh I would rather play on a server with more people than slowly watch this game's population dwindle away cause it's getting boring as fuck for everyone.

greendonkeyuk
02-07-04, 17:36
The best thing would be to have a meeting in a safezone without faction guards with all of the major clan leaders, the active uranus faction councilors and select forward looking members of the community to try sort out the current political situation or atleast have people talking in a civilised fashion rather then the usual trade flaming which is generally the height of uranus political discussion.

yup totally agree. it jus needs one person to start it thats all. any takers?

Darth Slayer
02-07-04, 18:26
Damn made a massive post and my PC went Tits up...... :mad:
My god a civilised discussion on these forums amazing I'm shocked truly.
H'mm Doc there was another meeting made by McfuckinHead which Hivemind never crashed, I know this I was there and u was Offline at the time boy was I nervous. Me and two other greens in a roomfull of reds..... 8|
As for erm fair Op fights don't think that will ever happen in all honesty, people play to win period, all this bring one clan stuff is amusing tho fair play to those who try this you have my respect.
There is'nt the playerbase in the various clans to make this viable anyways especially for the procity clans. Giests clan does try this and respect to them, I think I'm almost the only FA who don't have a problem with em all but then I'm not playing as much as I used to so missed alot of the rubbish being thrown about by various peeps.
Anyways seeya all on the battlefield.

Scorpius.

greendonkeyuk
03-07-04, 01:01
then the server goes down the pan...

btw scorp hows the sun burnt armpits? j/k :D

Doc Holliday
03-07-04, 02:33
Damn made a massive post and my PC went Tits up...... :mad:
My god a civilised discussion on these forums amazing I'm shocked truly.
H'mm Doc there was another meeting made by McfuckinHead which Hivemind never crashed, I know this I was there and u was Offline at the time boy was I nervous. Me and two other greens in a roomfull of reds..... 8|
As for erm fair Op fights don't think that will ever happen in all honesty, people play to win period, all this bring one clan stuff is amusing tho fair play to those who try this you have my respect.
There is'nt the playerbase in the various clans to make this viable anyways especially for the procity clans. Giests clan does try this and respect to them, I think I'm almost the only FA who don't have a problem with em all but then I'm not playing as much as I used to so missed alot of the rubbish being thrown about by various peeps.
Anyways seeya all on the battlefield.

Scorpius.

well

no offence to anyone in ncat but most think they are better than anyone else so they dont call allies. guys if your in it to win it expect repurcussions. the ones who understand what im sayin fine, the ones who want to flame me ( friends included ) i dont give a shit. some people jus wanna be on the best side. good or bad.thats why they fight clan vs clan. because they have somethin to prove. to the rest of u. prove me different, make a difference to the server and people will come back. to the lamers. good luck to u killing the server. maybe one day u will turn on each other.

if people learned tactics teamwork and cooperation things would work. then other things come in to play. its not hard. hell i spelled it out to u in simple ( i hope ) posts. good luck to yall.

athon
03-07-04, 04:05
Haven't read through the whole thread so this may have been suggested already.

How about: When you take an Op, it affects your faction sympathies, for eample, if you take a TG op you get a TG symp loss, and a smaller loss with TG allied factions and a slight gain with their enemies. This would mean that if, for example, FA took lots of TG ops, the runners involved would lose a fair bit of sympathy with FA, putting them in the position of either doing something to get their sympathy back up, or risk being ejected from the faction.

Now how to apply this is a bit tricky, as it would be extremely hard to tell which runners were involved in an op takeover, so how about the symp loss / gain is applied to all runners in the clans that hack the op (so if a clan hacks each layer of the op, the symp change is applied to all runners of all 3 clans).

The only problem I can seee with this is the creation of one-man clans to get around this, so perhaps a rule could be introduced where no clan with less than, for example, 5 runners can take over an op.

Athon Solo

Doc Holliday
03-07-04, 04:12
Haven't read through the whole thread so this may have been suggested already.

How about: When you take an Op, it affects your faction sympathies, for eample, if you take a TG op you get a TG symp loss, and a smaller loss with TG allied factions and a slight gain with their enemies. This would mean that if, for example, FA took lots of TG ops, the runners involved would lose a fair bit of sympathy with FA, putting them in the position of either doing something to get their sympathy back up, or risk being ejected from the faction.

Now how to apply this is a bit tricky, as it would be extremely hard to tell which runners were involved in an op takeover, so how about the symp loss / gain is applied to all runners in the clans that hack the op (so if a clan hacks each layer of the op, the symp change is applied to all runners of all 3 clans).

The only problem I can seee with this is the creation of one-man clans to get around this, so perhaps a rule could be introduced where no clan with less than, for example, 5 runners can take over an op.

Athon Solo

read the full thread. im sure your input would be appreciated. ;)

Shadow Dancer
03-07-04, 04:15
I'm going to start a char on Uranus. What's the population like? Better than pluto?

Doc Holliday
03-07-04, 04:17
I'm going to start a char on Uranus. What's the population like? Better than pluto?

when u log in just wait dont click widly. yes as far as im aware it has been better than pluto. depends what your lookin for shad. read the rest of the thread. it might give u a feel for the server as it stands.

Pungent77
03-07-04, 12:03
"just after the original ronins broke up. Mcfuckinhead ordered a meeting between all major powers at that time and tried to divvy up the ops around certian areas ie the mercs go drakkan etc fa got gab mine and other areas the pro clans got the areas around nc and tg was going to have the areas around tg. However hivemind busted in to the meeting and killed everyone there so that went to shit".

Those were the days.....huh Doc, that brought back some forgotten memories :D

]v[ortice
03-07-04, 13:38
I still think clans should be limited to 5 OPs total and for them to be one of each type (Fortress, Lab, Factory, Mine, Uplink).

Clans Just don't need more than that.

It then leaves the rest of the OPs to be fought over by the smaller less dominant clans and gives them an incentive to get involved in OP fights without being zerged (could technically still happen I know).

I firmly believe tho, if you don't have enough runners to defend an outpost when you take it, you deserve to lose it. Coming back with every Tom Dick and Harry to outnumber whoever you just fought shows your weakness as a clan imo.

Mr_Snow
03-07-04, 14:47
Its exploitable by making sub clans and all 3 clans would of course end up at the op wars.

Doc Holliday
03-07-04, 15:16
Those were the days.....huh Doc, that brought back some forgotten memories :D

yes mate yes it did. its a shame the people who play this game cant try and be right with each other and show some respect like Mcfuckinhead tried to do. things might change and people might make it. Like mortice said if u need a zerg horde to fight with u have no skill and your clan has no skill. people should learn to fight because a good fight win or lose is far far better than win at all costs.

you in ncat btw now then onyx?

LTA
03-07-04, 16:14
yes mate yes it did. its a shame the people who play this game cant try and be right with each other and show some respect like Mcfuckinhead tried to do.
MFH was a sound person, one of the better LP's along with Moonshine(i think the fem pe) they didn't really want half the wars they had, they didn't see the point.
In the end me n mfh used to end up like generals in a war, we'd appear infront of each despite the op war and duel rather than going like 10 v 1, all that was every said after a duel would be "1-0 or 2-1 :p"

You ain't gonna change it, you can have meetings till your blue in the face but as long as one group wants it all your plan will fail.
People don't want the old style op wars, ones where after a fight someone might actually say hey gg that was a cool fight.... they want it so its like HAHA WE PWN YOU, YUO R TEH N00BS.

and half the op war problem is the gr ruling.... how can i attack this op when i have to run 4 zones everytime.
I think only the ug is needed and probably a city com point you can check whos gr'd in and out the op.

Gr's need to be open so players can have a chance to see a op war, anyone ever been leveling and nipped to the op for some ammo to see to clans fully at it?
I remember the first one i seen and i was like wohaa i wanna do that!
People atm just get the image of being zerged, being glued being lamed etc why not give peeps the chance to see rather than waiting for them to cap and try and possibly not even bothering at that point?
When we had cycrow it was always full of levels from new to capped people in the zones chances at people to defend it or hold till we get there people who'd report enemy etc. Now all i see is dormant zones, one or two peeps ere n there, i find most in the aggies at mb or in caves....

All the gr lockdown has done is send more peeps to standard leveling spots and made the Racetrack a-lot more popular as people pass by to cyc or catlock.

The problem is half the players and half kk, they need to make things much friendlier and equal in all factions instead of having a faction that creates itself so many bonuses it ends with most of the server in it.

and for the last fecking time sort the faction relations properly or make clan wars useable.....

Doc Holliday
03-07-04, 16:40
MFH was a sound person, one of the better LP's along with Moonshine(i think the fem pe) they didn't really want half the wars they had, they didn't see the point.
In the end me n mfh used to end up like generals in a war, we'd appear infront of each despite the op war and duel rather than going like 10 v 1, all that was every said after a duel would be "1-0 or 2-1 :p"

You ain't gonna change it, you can have meetings till your blue in the face but as long as one group wants it all your plan will fail.
People don't want the old style op wars, ones where after a fight someone might actually say hey gg that was a cool fight.... they want it so its like HAHA WE PWN YOU, YUO R TEH N00BS.

and half the op war problem is the gr ruling.... how can i attack this op when i have to run 4 zones everytime.
I think only the ug is needed and probably a city com point you can check whos gr'd in and out the op.

Gr's need to be open so players can have a chance to see a op war, anyone ever been leveling and nipped to the op for some ammo to see to clans fully at it?
I remember the first one i seen and i was like wohaa i wanna do that!
People atm just get the image of being zerged, being glued being lamed etc why not give peeps the chance to see rather than waiting for them to cap and try and possibly not even bothering at that point?
When we had cycrow it was always full of levels from new to capped people in the zones chances at people to defend it or hold till we get there people who'd report enemy etc. Now all i see is dormant zones, one or two peeps ere n there, i find most in the aggies at mb or in caves....

All the gr lockdown has done is send more peeps to standard leveling spots and made the Racetrack a-lot more popular as people pass by to cyc or catlock.

The problem is half the players and half kk, they need to make things much friendlier and equal in all factions instead of having a faction that creates itself so many bonuses it ends with most of the server in it.

and for the last fecking time sort the faction relations properly or make clan wars useable.....

Nicely put mate. I think its pretty obvious the gr rules really did fuck this game over dont u all agree?

greendonkeyuk
03-07-04, 16:42
tbh you can kick around all the hot air you want to but if the clan leaders of the major op holding clans dont agree to this it will all go to shit anyway. sorry for a negative sounding post here as im chuffed so far that this discussion has gone to 11 pages without one edit/comment from the mods. So i ask again any of the Ncat/Crahn/Fa brass care to comment? Jus some thoughts might be nice.

sultana
03-07-04, 17:18
tbh you can kick around all the hot air you want to but if the clan leaders of the major op holding clans dont agree to this it will all go to shit anyway. sorry for a negative sounding post here as im chuffed so far that this discussion has gone to 11 pages without one edit/comment from the mods. So i ask again any of the Ncat/Crahn/Fa brass care to comment? Jus some thoughts might be nice.
Comment on what? The gr rules? or the idea on a maximum of 5 ops?

About the gr rules, i don't see what the point is on having them in, in the first place, it simply delays the amount of time it takes for a clan to reach the op they're taking.

On the maximum of 5 ops, im not so sure, yes it'll allow action for smaller clans and maybe even less "ninja-hacking/zerging/whatever you call it", but really, i think it might limit the amout of op waring (which seems somewhat small already). What's the point of op waring, when you already have you 5 maximum?

greendonkeyuk
03-07-04, 17:39
op defence. simple. it gives other clans a fighting chance to attack you and yours. i think more people would go to opfights if they felt that they wouldnt get zerged by the entirety of the faction theyre attacking.

sultana
03-07-04, 18:10
I figure the 5 op limit (sorry its early and well that's all i can see in the past few pages). Maybe this might stop the whole being "zerged" by multiple clans, maybe not. Even with the limit it, this doesn't stop clans from calling in allies to help defend, its down to the clans themselces. But even so it seems like a good idea. However, lets have a look at the current "major" clans on uranus (forgive me if i get anything wrong). There are 3 major fa clans, 2 tg ones, 1 black dragon, 2 crahn... There's probably more, but well this will work for now. That adds up to a total of 40 ops to be spread among the clans... good cause theres less than that and means competition. However, it is still possible for fa to to take 15 ops... tg and crahn 10... and black dragon 5.

Not trying to bag/point at anyone or any clan out here btw, but this system won't be too good for faction purposes. What _might_ happen is just, whichever faction has the most "major" clans will have the most ops... and seeing as the other major clans may already have or be near there 5 op limit, they cannot do much about it. This could then just lead to an alliance against the current faction power... Or if, as the idea promotes, leads to smaller clans trying to take single outposts, but may be killed by a faction or an alliance or whatever.

But still that being said, it is a nice idea and worth looking into. And on another note, if im completely wrong, just disregard this post, as i said it's early here =/

Bozz-Von Mel
03-07-04, 18:47
Alot of good input here on the outpost ideas and some great points made. I wish we could translate this thread into German so the other 50% of Uranus would read it. The reason the OP limit idea came to mind was the fact that one TG clan was holding 18 OPs the other night. They fight for the first OP, blow their enemy out of the water, then the rest of the OPs are just a cake walk.

THE_TICK!!!!
03-07-04, 19:35
nice to see ya still kickin VON ya redneck :D well fellas some good posts on this one...but to be honest allot of maybe's and whats if's goin on..the only way that this game would REALLY be fair for everyone and blah blah..is if everyone got everything at the same time with capped chars...then EVERYONE would be happy......BLAH...we just need to drive on..hmm how to put this into words...i think GR's are a MUTE point...i mean if i want an OP bad enough ill walk..no biggie..or even better ill take an armada of tanks :D the five OP limit is crap...what you need to remember is this whole game is kinda anarchist..biggest boy on the block/toughest/smartest...unfortunately...and i hate to say this..but the ONLY thing i see that is wrong with this game..is ALLOT of kids..(wich arent sposed to be playing) and allot of whiny little pissants..the lot of em together have about as much drive as a yugo going up mt. everest with a 700 pound fat guy in it...wich adds up to a big fat ZERO....the only thing this game needs is some foks with some balls to step up to the plate and say ok we do this...UGHH..and the indians all screem with delight...and said thing happens :D..ok im done rambling but i hope i got my point across to the masses bad spelling and all :D

Bozz-Von Mel
04-07-04, 00:01
Understand your point Tick, damn kids.

I am thinking of a new RP idea. I am gonna be a deaf mute. I am gonna close all my comms channels. That way I don't hear all the kiddie BS and maybe I can enjoy the game. If you need me DM me. :D

greendonkeyuk
04-07-04, 00:11
tbh tick the point of this thread is maturity 101. we would all like to say some more even fights so that it comes down to 1v1 clan fights and skill/tactics rather than oooh we can get 300 people to come fight on our side.

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-07-04, 03:09
It's not about age to me. I know 16 year olds more mature than people my age :/

Nobody likes gettin killed and everyone loves bein a god. A lot of people act the fool when they die, especially ppl who are drunk :p

The problem is more about "status" with everyone, from 10 to 50, it dont matter. anyone with half a brain wants to be on the winning side. Personally if I wanted to be a bandwaggon jumper I woulds joined UtS a looong time ago. The way Uranus is now the fe big clans are all old time friends. maybe they would be better off discussing with eachother what faction to go to rather than what op's to split up? haha retorical question, you all know the answer is yes ;)

greendonkeyuk
04-07-04, 18:16
so true. but the band wagon jumpers are whats killing the server though m8. hence the point of the original thread. to discuss what can be done about it. ive heard a rumour ncat might be goin procity? is that hot air or what?

Celt
04-07-04, 18:29
First time I DM'ed mcfucken he called me a noob pk'er.

I told him to spend the next week getting the name of any newb I had pk'ed and come back to me.

At the end of the week he came back, said sorry and we were friends since then(including his asking me to join LP despite the fact I was ronins for several months)

Best compliment I've ever had in NC was several of LP's leaders wanting me to join, and telling me I was the tank in ronins they always feared most.

Things were different back then, we disliked uts/lp as a clan, but that didnt mean we hated every individual member and insulted them.

alig
04-07-04, 19:51
nice to see ya still kickin VON ya redneck :D well fellas some good posts on this one...but to be honest allot of maybe's and whats if's goin on..the only way that this game would REALLY be fair for everyone and blah blah..is if everyone got everything at the same time with capped chars...then EVERYONE would be happy......BLAH...we just need to drive on..hmm how to put this into words...i think GR's are a MUTE point...i mean if i want an OP bad enough ill walk..no biggie..or even better ill take an armada of tanks :D the five OP limit is crap...what you need to remember is this whole game is kinda anarchist..biggest boy on the block/toughest/smartest...unfortunately...and i hate to say this..but the ONLY thing i see that is wrong with this game..is ALLOT of kids..(wich arent sposed to be playing) and allot of whiny little pissants..the lot of em together have about as much drive as a yugo going up mt. everest with a 700 pound fat guy in it...wich adds up to a big fat ZERO....the only thing this game needs is some foks with some balls to step up to the plate and say ok we do this...UGHH..and the indians all screem with delight...and said thing happens :D..ok im done rambling but i hope i got my point across to the masses bad spelling and all :D

Yeah there is one clan on uranus already with balls. They are called NCAT.

Everyone thinks they attack FA because they want too...your wrong they attack FA because R2K ninja hacked their ops everyday when no one was on in the clan (R2K are FA btw)...now because uranus likes the word "alliance" and none of this hold your own SSC decided to bum R2K like normal and attack TG with them...so it was FA who started it...FA are the worst faction on uranus imo, they lack half good players.

Everytime i go downstairs and see my bro on his NCAT chars at an op war i see some mad shit, EVERYTIME because FA know that if they dont bring all them people they will die to the best part of FIVE NCAT :rolleyes: The other day i saw my brother (apu) a ppu and another apu kill the 10 - 15 FA at an op war without turrets or stuntraps. Says it all. Now when its the other way around they have 5+ turrets up always (they have cst spies at ops JUST for this lame attempt at being good) and stuntraps and make snide remarks when ncat loose 4 on 20 + turrets.

Anyway yea so NCAT are the answer to your comment, they are bar 1 the best clan on uranus, obviously my own one man clan is better :p

Pungent77
04-07-04, 19:58
obviously my own one man clan is better :p

Come on log back in from time to time....I still have one char you have not killed yet..so come kill me, the circle needs to be completed :lol:

LTA
04-07-04, 21:03
I have a CA Clan key on my tank heh from when i planned to make a pistol pe with ncpd armour and a judge heh...

If anyone wants to set one heh

{MD}GeistDamnit
04-07-04, 21:40
Did I ever tell you how much I love you Alig? I woulda said the same thing you did, but I dident want to get flamed to hell for saying it and being a member of NCAT. The thing is weather ppl like it or not, it's true. ;)

alig
04-07-04, 21:41
Come on log back in from time to time....I still have one char you have not killed yet..so come kill me, the circle needs to be completed :lol:

What happens when i complete the circle?

Does someone in ncat open trade and gives me an SA :p

I did actually log in yesterday to level a new monk with my brothers but that lasted all of 5 mins then he got pk'ed in aggies then i logged frube then i logged off with boredom ...

Did I ever tell you how much I love you Alig? I woulda said the same thing you did, but I dident want to get flamed to hell for saying it and being a member of NCAT. The thing is weather ppl like it or not, it's true. ;)

If i knew you felt that way... :o

:lol:

Well i used to think TJ was a good clan because they was the first clan to split the TG/FA/TS 15 clan alliance but that novelty went ages ago... ive seen how they really play at op wars now.

From what ive seen NCAT are the only clan that fight as 'one' clan (usually, sometimes you call for RAF but that does'nt usually change much :lol: )

Funny thing about watching them 3 ncat vs 10 - 15 FA the other day was one of them tried to trade my bro (the screen flickered) but just as well im no noob and told him to disable trade :)

Celt
04-07-04, 22:03

Everyone thinks they attack FA because they want too...your wrong they attack FA because R2K ninja hacked their ops everyday when no one was on in the clan (R2K are FA btw)...now because uranus likes the word "alliance" and none of this hold your own SSC decided to bum R2K like normal and attack TG with them...so it was FA who started it...FA are the worst faction on uranus imo, they lack half good players.

Everytime i go downstairs and see my bro on his NCAT chars at an op war i see some mad shit, EVERYTIME because FA know that if they dont bring all them people they will die to the best part of FIVE NCAT :rolleyes: The other day i saw my brother (apu) a ppu and another apu kill the 10 - 15 FA at an op war without turrets or stuntraps. Says it all. Now when its the other way around they have 5+ turrets up always (they have cst spies at ops JUST for this lame attempt at being good) and stuntraps and make snide remarks when ncat loose 4 on 20 + turrets.

Anyway yea so NCAT are the answer to your comment, they are bar 1 the best clan on uranus, obviously my own one man clan is better :pSTFU and keep it in-game, this has been a good thread so far.

Nidhogg
04-07-04, 22:05
Keep it civil and don't bring clan politics into it.

N

steweygrrr
04-07-04, 22:11
The problem is more about "status" with everyone, from 10 to 50, it dont matter. anyone with half a brain wants to be on the winning side. Personally if I wanted to be a bandwaggon jumper I woulds joined UtS a looong time ago. The way Uranus is now the fe big clans are all old time friends. maybe they would be better off discussing with eachother what faction to go to rather than what op's to split up? haha retorical question, you all know the answer is yes ;)

I'm gonna agree with you there Geist. It seems like faction hoppers faction(s) of choice this month are FA and TG. Granted, the demise of both Ronins and UW has led to an influx of high level skilled runners and they all need somewhere to go but the people who just look at the map and go 'they hold the most ops/are most active atm' are really dragging it down.

We did do the whole meeting thing a couple of months back but now looking back it does only seem an empty gesture as a lot of promises and assurances that were made have now been gone back on. FA, TG, Crahn and TS all showed up to the meeting at the canyon, we stated which ops each faction would hold and that we wouldn't go for each others ops unless we wanted all out war with the faction in question. The TG clan that organised it also said they would not support your clan in any way, only if we actually attacked one of their ops. Then again they also said they wouldn't attack us either.....alliances and political gestures aren't worth the paper they are written on at the moment....

alig
04-07-04, 22:11
STFU and keep it in-game, this has been a good thread so far.

I cant say all them words in-game because their is a 2 line limit [ edited ]
Plus this thread is regarding uranus, its already in-game stuff on the forums...talk about hypocrits.

Celt
04-07-04, 22:16
[ edited ]

Plus this thread is regarding uranus, its already in-game stuff on the forums...talk about hypocrits.Yes, but its not trash talking specific clans and bringing in-game feuds onto the forums.

steweygrrr
04-07-04, 22:17

Anyway yea so NCAT are the answer to your comment, they are bar 1 the best clan on uranus, obviously my own one man clan is better :p

sorry for the double post here but WHAT THE FUCK??

one: turrets set to attack not faction won't attack greens anyway as they are bugged. So even if we or the clan in question had turrets it wouldn't matter anyways.

two: We aren't either your brothers clan or 'that BD clan'. We don't turret mid fight, we wait till the end. Any spies there are either droning (like me) hacking (like me) or sniping (like the other two that ever turn up).

three: it is ALWAYS your brothers clan who starts the OOC whining when they lose. I came on to say good fight once and got bitched at!

four: we have more than half decent players, in equal amounts we have still proven we beat that clan. So much so that they had to come back with 3 or 4 other clans. It's like they have something to prove to the world in beating us but, quite frankly, the world couldn't care less if it tried.

five: if you say so. However I know of three or four other clans who are far better because they are not such complete t**ts at every opportunity. And no, they aren't all FA.
please verify points before stating them.

Nidhogg
04-07-04, 22:33
Last warning on this thread.

N

Mr_Snow
04-07-04, 22:35
Lads cut the crap its better to ignore the thread and let it die rather then get it closed, if you want to flame and whine at each other theres DM and the OOC channel.

greendonkeyuk
04-07-04, 23:04
what snow said. if you cant have a mature civilised discussion (like the other 10 pages of posters had) then keep the hell outta the thread. The point of this thread is to discuss how we can make things a bit more even in terms of fights on the server. We dont all want to be TG or Crahn or Fa, but the sheep have all trundled there for their own reasons. I guess its time to give up. we might as well call it a day.

Doc Holliday
04-07-04, 23:07
Please do not bog down a perfectly good discussion about an issue that needed discussing. Now all we need is people bogging it down with he said she said crap. its been a good debate. As for the rawwwr (unameable) tg clan own 4 vs 20 etc is simply the sheep factor at its best. darwin eat your heart out. every man and his dog that thought on no we are too good to go pro city and too good to go fa went to tg. some even left the zerg faction. Simple reason the server is borked is lack of players due to some changes that have occurred. one of the big ones is the gr thing. i have said it countless times but it caused people to go join in to the massive lamer armies to try to control the server.

Before op wars were optional. no one was forced to do it. but now the clans control ops it forces people in to doing things. it breeds the hatred u see on the server today because one clan or another must be top dog. Whats left of the player pops now are the diehards and the people who wont lose above all. Its also all the 1337 kiddies who have no other game to go play because mom will only pay for one at a time. i really do hate a large part of whats left of the community because even some people i respected gave in and joined the horde. No one is capable of picking sides anymore they just go with the masses. there used to be clans in existance large or small who u can have respect for. Uranus fastforward to today. show me one that actually earns respect because it is able to make a differnce and i will go and join it and play again.

Whats funnier still is there is only reason this tg clan everyone loves and hates is in existence. the reason is on my signature.

thats me finished. if anyone gets this thread closed due to bitching at one and other it proves most of what i have said in this and my many other posts in this thread.

Jesterthegreat
04-07-04, 23:40
Brutal Deluxe are returning to Uranus as we speak.

TT clan, was around early retail

enjoy :)

oh and i agree we need WAY more active city clans

*Dazz*
05-07-04, 01:53
I've stayed quiet through this whole thread everyday i read it cuz i really didn't wanna post and then someone flame me for taking a break and running with some of my friends on the "other side of the tracks" But i have been thinking about PP....ahh the good ol days of being in that one clan in PP. Wonder if it'll ever be that way again? ;)

Pungent77
05-07-04, 04:31
I've stayed quiet through this whole thread everyday i read it cuz i really didn't wanna post and then someone flame me for taking a break and running with some of my friends on the "other side of the tracks" But i have been thinking about PP....ahh the good ol days of being in that one clan in PP. Wonder if it'll ever be that way again? ;)

It'll never be like it used to be bro, the shit is ruined.....like I said too many tainted players and kiddies, not enough fresh meat to make it good again :D

*Dazz*
05-07-04, 05:25
It'll never be like it used to be bro, the shit is ruined.....like I said too many tainted players and kiddies, not enough fresh meat to make it good again :D

I'll give it a shot anyways :D

Bozz-Von Mel
05-07-04, 05:59
v[ortice']I've played on Uranus since April 2003.

I have 4 high level characters and my girlfriend has the same (4).

Recently I've stopped playing on the server because I was starting to get a bit down about the clans on the server. Not that they're bad clans as such, just that most are all in DoY factions.

With the exceptions of XX, The One and The Underworld, All other Major Clans inhabit TG, TSU, FA, BD and now maybe Crahn too if Illuminati get off the ground.

I was wondering what peoples opinions were of this so I've posted a thread.

Before someone points it out I know I'm a Black Dragon myself but I would like a sensible discussion as to whether the scales are tipped too far to the north on Uranus.

Pls no Clan vs Clan discussion here or the thread will be closed by the mods.

Cheers

Entity.

Tried to get you guys to go CM to attempt to balance. Not sure what made it all fall through, but the invitation is still open. You fight TG and BD. Plenty of action. Even if you own a TG or BD player, send one character over and have some friendly fights against your own clans, its healthy.

Celt
05-07-04, 10:34
I stopped playing uranus around august 2003, moved to venus, started a new char, and been there ever since.

It doesnt matter that I dont speak good french, or that im from another server.

The people there are 10 times more mature then on uranus, they actually roleplay, and even the FC's encourage english speakers to be part of the faction and roleplay.

The only kids you meet on venus are other players from pluto/saturn/uranus/jupiter.

djskum
05-07-04, 16:43
Just limit the amount of runners in the anti-city factions. Take a percentage of the server pop and use that as a guideline. Simple...

"Sorry, this faction has too many runners"

DjSKum

LTA
05-07-04, 16:58
Just limit the amount of runners in the anti-city factions. Take a percentage of the server pop and use that as a guideline. Simple...

"Sorry, this faction has too many runners"

DjSKum
Yeah but for the rpers who created a story for their char who finds he can't actually join the faction or the guy whos mates are all over in a faction and he's left stranded.

A good idea but i think people should still get to go where they want, just make it a-lot harder to switch in and out of factions and like sort the epics out so the company has different epics and many epics from low to high for all classes to stop every passing bio and pp on there way to bd or crahn or something ;)

djskum
05-07-04, 18:27
Yeah but for the rpers who created a story for their char who finds he can't actually join the faction or the guy whos mates are all over in a faction and he's left stranded.

A good idea but i think people should still get to go where they want, just make it a-lot harder to switch in and out of factions and like sort the epics out so the company has different epics and many epics from low to high for all classes to stop every passing bio and pp on there way to bd or crahn or something ;)

You assume that there are more than a handfull of RPers. I know I'm just coming from a Saturn point of view here but I doubt there are that many. Yeah would be tough for those that get stranded but at the end of the day if everyone goes anti-city then who are they gonna fight? I'd say that the needs of a balanced server outweighs the needs of the individual.

DjSKum

Doc Holliday
05-07-04, 18:32
You assume that there are more than a handfull of RPers. I know I'm just coming from a Saturn point of view here but I doubt there are that many. Yeah would be tough for those that get stranded but at the end of the day if everyone goes anti-city then who are they gonna fight? I'd say that the needs of a balanced server outweighs the needs of the individual.

DjSKum

totally with you mate. then let the fc's or fca's make allowances for the person in to the faction. Add to that the ability to boot people from a faction would make things alot easier. i know the twg fc has had problems with one of the clans already mentioned having to get involved in an internal war amongst the faction.

LTA
05-07-04, 18:36

DjSKum

If certain factions are lacking, you shouldn't force people into em, but make them equally as attractive as the others or offer things for different places but like Faction only things like the ca pa.
Try and lure peeps and give them reasons to stay/move etc not "you no like service to the faction rewards based on the time you've been a employee the things yo do for them, give factions different specialised things.

That and the faction list needs reducing really, to many factions and not enough peeps for em, like merge pp/bio bd/tsu etc.....

steweygrrr
05-07-04, 19:07
Lads cut the crap its better to ignore the thread and let it die rather then get it closed, if you want to flame and whine at each other theres DM and the OOC channel.

Apologies to Snow, Doc and GDUK (Wyatt?) for going OT. I didn't want to post what I did but I wasn't having that AT all.

fatwreck
05-07-04, 19:16
totally with you mate. then let the fc's or fca's make allowances for the person in to the faction. Add to that the ability to boot people from a faction would make things alot easier. i know the twg fc has had problems with one of the clans already mentioned having to get involved in an internal war amongst the faction.

ive been invovled with a few interfaction wars and they imo were all needed. sometimes your "allies" take advantage of you. being able to boot someone/clan from a faction wont work because one clan will end upgetting along with the FC and one wont. and chances are the clan that looses the war will be the one on the FC's side

greendonkeyuk
05-07-04, 19:50
yeah stewey one of my aliases is wyatt.

back on topic. This fc idea does sound good to me. One MAJOR drawback though, certain members of certain factions start to behave against the fc's wishes... they get booted... ok its all good that faction is sorted you might think. Er no not really, they jus go take their shit to the next faction instead and ruin that/give that Fc a headache instead. If people arent allowed to play the game the way they want to then they will quit. Imo the server needs less assholes and more mature players. however asshole or not theyre still worth a fiver a month to kk. At the end of the day its all about the benjamins. Id love to see the FCs given a lil more power in things as ive heard/read/seen numerous threads and opinions on certain clans actions towards their own Fc and those of other factions too.

If an idea like this is to be supported then it needs 2 things imo. Number 1 its needs to be voted on by the community. At least that way we ALL get a say.
Number 2 it needs to be ratified (sp?) by at least one Gm or other "official" employee if action is to be taken. Ie if someone is to be booted from a faction for doin something bad then it needs to be taken to an official first.

This however still does not solve the problem of where that person goes, perma red soullight might be one idea for a given period of time. Not forever as thats grief on the player but maybe perma red sl for one RL week? No missions, no amount of AFK in p2 will raise it. Admittedly people will on a four char server jus play an alt but if that char is one they like to play with often it might go some way towards making them think twice before blowing away the FC. I hate thinking this community is not capable of sorting itself out as it does seem that at least some of the uranus major players are committed to the task. However if this has to be the case to stop all the bitching and whining and the other bs that makes this game no fun to play then im ok with it.

THE_TICK!!!!
06-07-04, 07:30
well...if they get real bad..give em perma red SL and send em to an unspecified faction...one yet announced ?

greendonkeyuk
06-07-04, 12:59
well...if they get real bad..give em perma red SL and send em to an unspecified faction...one yet announced ?

anarchy breed?

half the flippin server would start being assholes jus to get that tag. I think some sort of outlaw status would be needed. somethin like they used to have in UO, (only played it for a few months and it was years ago) as iirc there you couldnt enter towns if you were a murderer and guards etc would shout and attack you. It would also give rise to a proper bounty system for players. It wouldnt be griefing play as it would be decided by the Fcs/gms rather than the community. you could even send them a polite email telling them

"dear runner,

you have been ex-communicated from <insert faction> for crimes committed against it/and or its allies. Your punishment at this time is to spend one month as an outlaw. During this time you may not enter towns/cities. You must survive in the harsh wastelands on your wits alone.

Good luck runner.

Faction HR director"

Well i think it would be best to let them use the Jailhouse for sure, also the traders dotted about the map too as it would be too hard otherwise. It would also be nice if the perma red person HAD to log in occasionally to do some sort of mission to regain his sympathy with his/her old faction or the new one they choose to go to. Rejoining a faction would cost major creds (perhaps 500k rather than 300k?) and youd need to do a quest of some sort to prove loyalty.

Thats all i can think of right now, ima go rest the creative gland for a lil while.

edit: hmm good point snow, is it your bro who plays on venus or both of you? i guess maybe some form of outlaw status would be better then. Ie have the individual in question yellow to everyone but have him/her have perma red sl to them. They shoot him and lose nothing, if he attacks them he continues to lose sl. Perhaps. hmm, this idea needs some more work.

Mr_Snow
06-07-04, 13:03
Anarchy Breed should never be a playable faction on as people will only use it as a PK faction, even on venus where it is a playable faction if the FC lets you in there are asshats who just use it to PK.