PDA

View Full Version : what to do with pluto?

leGit v. 2
24-06-04, 11:30
Its pretty enjoyable playing at pluto for a quick minute.. go to pluto kill 2 people.. If you think about it .. since no1 is there they cant get pokes and repairs.. unless they pay mad cash =D.

but still lets MIX ALL THE SERVERS TOGETHER.. let people choose 1 character to bring to pluto..

cRazy2003
24-06-04, 11:44
pluto owns all,
when your spamming on ooc, it feels like everyones your friend..

Original monk
24-06-04, 11:46
Its pretty enjoyable playing at pluto for a quick minute.. go to pluto kill 2 people..

so ya wiped out the whole pluto population: mass murder ! 8|

Archeus
24-06-04, 11:49
Its pretty enjoyable playing at pluto for a quick minute.. go to pluto kill 2 people.. If you think about it .. since no1 is there they cant get pokes and repairs.. unless they pay mad cash =D.

Shows how much you play on pluto then. Even during the time of low numbers you can get pokes/repairs for reasonable price.

-=BlackBeard=-
24-06-04, 11:55
yeah legit lol i went on a keeling spree in mb keeled 6 people :D

Archeus
24-06-04, 11:59
You know this makes you lamer then the Safezone hugging PK'ers. At least they hang around to interact. :p

ezza
24-06-04, 12:06
but still lets MIX ALL THE SERVERS TOGETHER.. let people choose 1 character to bring to pluto..
err how about no and you leave it alone and i keep my 4 slots on saturn

J. Folsom
24-06-04, 12:14
err how about no and you leave it alone and i keep my 4 slots on saturn
What MegaMan is saying (I think), is to add in the option to allow you to transfer characters between servers. In this case, specifically to Pluto.
It would not be forced, merely something you could chose to do.

I still disagree personally, while it might work to boost population, it probably won't, as a large part of the current population of the other servers is former Pluto players who got bored with having just one character per account or the low population.

garyu69
24-06-04, 12:19
nothing wrong with pluto.
I've never had a problem getting poked and have never had to pay mad cash?

Birkoff
24-06-04, 12:20
Pluto may have low populaion but in that low population i bet the average IQ is triple that on saturn (Where I'm guessing you hang out).

I love Pluto, always have always will. Low population is a bit of a an offset but its still a better alround server. If you can't find tradeskillers your obviously looking in the wrong places or have forgotten that the trade channel is for more than bitching and flaming.

Also if you can only find 2 ppl to kill your obviously half blind as well.

pluto > all :)

ezza
24-06-04, 12:21
thanks for insulting my intelligence level :rolleyes:

Birkoff
24-06-04, 12:22
:D

*average*

-Demon-
24-06-04, 12:22
I think personally if thats what hes suggesting some people from saturn and the rest could not hack it over at pluto.

*GASP* I haven't got my own researcher, constructor and tp farmer...I can't trust noone!!!

Maybe a little far fetched but no doubt there are people like that, also would it really help pluto? I can imagine some idiots coming over and making the server balance even worse than it already is.

Personally after the last patch I've been playing more, joined a new clan and we all have a laugh and op fight.
Pluto is now touching the 100 point everytime I log on which is better than about a month ago...a lot better

If you do is logon to pk no wonder you have no bloody idea what pluto is like at the moment, funny how you think there is no pokers I got poked twice yesterday after dying no problems and didn't pay anymore than usual. Also it wasn't a clanmate(in fact we are at war with his clan) and he poked mc5 too.

ezza
24-06-04, 12:25
I think personally if thats what hes suggesting some people from saturn and the rest could not hack it over at pluto.

*GASP* I haven't got my own researcher, constructor and tp farmer...I can't trust noone!!!

Maybe a little far fetched but no doubt there are people like that, also would it really help pluto? I can imagine some idiots coming over and making the server balance even worse than it already is.

Personally after the last patch I've been playing more, joined a new clan and we all have a laugh and op fight.
Pluto is now touching the 100 point everytime I log on which is better than about a month ago...a lot better

If you do is logon to pk no wonder you have no bloody idea what pluto is like at the moment, funny how you think there is no pokers I got poked twice yesterday after dying no problems and didn't pay anymore than usual. Also it wasn't a clanmate(in fact we are at war with his clan) and he poked mc5 too.
no offence but if it was move a char over, then i could happily carry on as i do on saturn, since my hybrid, my resser and my constructer are separete accounts, so i could happily carry on

Drake6k
24-06-04, 12:26
Also if you can only find 2 ppl to kill your obviously half blind as well.

Oh come on I often spend several hours going around the game looking for people to fight and find no one. Pepper park does not count. MB is almost aways empty, gab and escador tunnels empty, elfarid empty, crp empty, NO ONE TO FIGHT OR EVEN PLAY THE GAME WITH. :\ :( I haven't done anything in 6 days...

Clownst0pper
24-06-04, 12:27
How can a server "own" when its population on a good day peaks at 70, you cannot possibly be having the fun, or the OP wars, or the trading, that we have on saturn.

In comparison, saturn, and every other server "owns" pluto is just sub standard

Lucid Dream
24-06-04, 12:29
How can a server "own" when its population on a good day peaks at 70, you cannot possibly be having the fun, or the OP wars, or the trading, that we have on saturn.

I already know this is going to turn into a SERVER X BETTER THEN SERVER Y thread...

Regardless of server population, its the community mindset that makes the server, not the population (although higher population wouldnt hurt)

Freya
24-06-04, 12:30
No it won't cause when it does it will be closed, No server bashing

Clownst0pper
24-06-04, 12:38
I already know this is going to turn into a SERVER X BETTER THEN SERVER Y thread...

Regardless of server population, its the community mindset that makes the server, not the population (although higher population wouldnt hurt)

And for some bizzare reason pluto players have it in there heads, thats its l337 to be on a one character server with zero population.

Oh the l337ness - thats just stupidity.

Birkoff
24-06-04, 12:39
Me (pe) and 2 m8s went to MB night b4 last killed 4 ppl raided TH killed about 8 ppl doy/exo foguht back in sector 2 killed 5 there then we went MB to do missions (i was on -28SL) and killed 2 ppl doingf missions then went to chester to do missions as MB was getter dodgy and foguth 2 ppl there.

Thats is like 4 hours.... if he can only find 2 ppl he ain't looking very well :)

Even if he who he is, it dont mean anything :)

slaughteruall
24-06-04, 12:40
just shut pluto down force them to go to another server. KK can save money by doing this.

Quick question. Why can people say pluto > all servers. But once someone says (example) saturn > pluto a thread can get closed. Isn't that horse shit? What does every MOD/GM play on pluto is that the reason?

Slaughter

ichinin

http://www15.brinkster.com/Ichinin/neocron/ShutTheHellUpClownStopper.htm

just shut pluto down force them to go to another server. KK can save money by doing this.

People from Pluto dont drop away in 1 account units, they drop off in 2-3 account units.

And... As for reducing slots on Saturn/Uranus etc; Leave the servers alone. Dont make KK fuck up Pluto for us Plutoplayers and dont fuck up the other servers for other players.

YoDa-UK
Its a matter of how you like to play, multi char server or single char server, I played both and my choice is more chars for less cash, I like to have the ability to play a char and mess about with others without rerolling.

Pluto went low population and yes many well known areas where would be fighters hang out just was left empty, CRP raids become a thing of the past, MB was empty and such, nothing todo there.

Saturn on the other hand has more people to be able to kill or chat to, whatever your taste, and that suits me fine. Only thing that bothers me about multi char servers is the fact people tend to be in several factions, even enemy ones, just plain annoying.

Clownst0pper
24-06-04, 12:42
http://www15.brinkster.com/Ichinin/neocron/ShutTheHellUpClownStopper.htm

That HAS to be an old screenshot - its not been that high in months.

Unless of course when saturn is down ;)

ichinin
24-06-04, 12:44

Yes, it's an old screenshot, it's several days old.

Archeus
24-06-04, 12:45
Oh come on I often spend several hours going around the game looking for people to fight and find no one. Pepper park does not count. MB is almost aways empty, gab and escador tunnels empty, elfarid empty, crp empty, NO ONE TO FIGHT OR EVEN PLAY THE GAME WITH. :\ :( I haven't done anything in 6 days...

Because your trying to PK people who are levelling, however the smarter ones know numerous levelling spots and don't go to the usual haunts (aggie den, MB) unless the LE is in. There are better spots to level without morons ruining it.

It hits over 100 nearly every evening now that I have seen. There are people coming into the server and amazing as it sounds a lot of them are new to the game. It is no where near as bad as it was a few months ago.

ufora
24-06-04, 12:46
saturn has more people running around ganking people 30 levels lower than them, ok so pluto has less people but this barely happens

from what i have seen pvp on pluto is alot better, mainly because theres no like rank 67 ganking someone 27.

also all the lamers from pluto moved to saturn

Clownst0pper
24-06-04, 12:46
Yes, it's an old screenshot, it's several days old.
Yeah saturns been having alot of downtime l8ly.

saturn has more people running around ganking people 30 levels lower than them, ok so pluto has less people but this barely happens

That barely happens as it cant, there isnt the quantity of alts leveling there noobs.

LOL seriously tho, id merge pluto, or just hold out until DOY arrives.

Only choice really

cRazy2003
24-06-04, 12:48
people only stay and pluto and the others because it has 4 char slots and the people who play it are to lazy to find tradeskillers etc themselfs to they use there own, its fucked up to be honest.

ichinin
24-06-04, 12:50
Because your trying to PK people who are levelling, however the smarter ones know numerous levelling spots and don't go to the usual haunts (aggie den, MB) unless the LE is in. There are better spots to level without morons ruining it.

Dont forget that we (tradskillers) shitlist people on Pluto if they act like dicks. Standing in plaza for 5 hours waiting for a poke is not fun, so they leave.

slaughteruall
24-06-04, 12:52
Dont forget that we (tradskillers) shitlist people on Pluto if they act like dicks. Standing in plaza for 5 hours waiting for a poke is not fun, so they leave.

Oh no black listed. What ever shall someone do. You can get anything done for a price.

Slaughter

ufora
24-06-04, 12:53
Yeah saturns been having alot of downtime l8ly.

That barely happens as it cant, there isnt the quantity of alts leveling there noobs.

LOL seriously tho, id merge pluto, or just hold out until DOY arrives.

Only choice really

every few days i log onto a rank 30 ish saturn char to level at mb, everyone few days i get pk'd by sum1 higher than me

the last time i was on there for about 2 mins then a particle nemisis killed me

Archeus
24-06-04, 12:54
Oh no black listed. What ever shall someone do. You can get anything done for a price.

Slaughter

Yea and when your paying 300K for pokes your giving back via cash all the hassle you gave by pk'ing someone.

slaughteruall
24-06-04, 13:01
Yea and when your paying 300K for pokes your giving back via cash all the hassle you gave by pk'ing someone.

Money is worthless in this game. If you think it's hard to get you should try harder.

Slaughter

-Demon-
24-06-04, 13:03

Quick question. Why can people say pluto > all servers. But once someone says (example) saturn > pluto a thread can get closed. Isn't that horse shit? What does every MOD/GM play on pluto is that the reason?

Slaughter

It's funny, but maybe people play only pluto *shock horror* to be fair if they shut down pluto and forced me somewhere else that would be the end of my neocron playing. Pluto is my home and wouldn't save them money considering the amount of plutonains that have multiple accounts...how many would quit? A hell of alot

Saying shut down pluto is like saying shut down saturn the database is screwed after the past few days downtime.

Crazy didn't say a server nor did he use >, he instead said : Pluto owns all, which is completly different.

Making statments about the mods like that could get you into a bit of trouble.

-Demon-
24-06-04, 13:05
Money is worthless in this game. If you think it's hard to get you should try harder.

Slaughter

Depends on which server you play really...its worse on some, better on others to be fair.

Archeus
24-06-04, 13:06

Slaughter

I know money is easy to get, but odds on that person taking the 300k for the pokes is a newbie with little cash who probably got ganked.

On pluto the longer you act the ass the harder you will find it to get a tradeskiller.

ichinin
24-06-04, 13:07

Slaughter

Have to agree, i trade stuff straight off, noone want 60 mil anymore. I gave away like 500K to some guy who asked for it.. making 1 mil in a day hunting warbies is not a problem.. just make sure to loot all the RAV/MAL/CS parts :D

Btw, at least my shitlist is a shitlist, if someone offer me 100 mil and a pile of rare stuff to just show up in plaza with my poke tool, i still wont do it. People who fuck up the gameing experience for others dont deserve service - no matter the price paid for a poke.

You cannot buy an idealist.

trigger hurt
24-06-04, 13:08
I stood in plaza looking for a poke for 5 hours once and I know I haven't been black listed on pluto because *gasp* I never talk to anyone cause *shock/horror* there ain't never any fucking body on.

STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT THE SERVERS!

Archeus
24-06-04, 13:11
I stood in plaza looking for a poke for 5 hours once and I know I haven't been black listed on pluto because *gasp* I never talk to anyone cause *shock/horror* there ain't never any fucking body on.
!

Depends on how you ask too. Anyone spamming crap normally just gets put on ignore.

Rade
24-06-04, 13:12
Ive tried playing on both uranus and saturn and for some reason I always
double back to Pluto asap. In my personal opinion, which is MY OPINION, and
probably doesnt have anything to do with reality AT ALL, is that the asshat
level of saturn makes it a hassle to play and uranus just feels like a big noob
operation.

trigger hurt
24-06-04, 13:13
Depends on how you ask too. Anyone spamming crap normally just gets put on ignore.
I'll play your little game.

No, I wasn't spamming either. Got any other suggestions oh wise and masterful one? You know what happens when you Assume?

Ass - U - Me.

ichinin
24-06-04, 13:14

Well, you could just be very unlucky, have spammed the channels or something. (That's also shitlist qualification)

But more to the point, i dont play 24/7.. even if i wish i could ;) This weekend for instance gonna be alot of BF 1942/Vietnam/Desertcombat, Warcraft 3 and some other stuff at a Lan.

Archeus
24-06-04, 13:15
No, I wasn't spamming either. Got any other suggestions oh wise and masterful one? You know what happens when you Assume?

Ass - U - Me.

You said you were shouting for 5 hours (doing nothing else?). Sounds like spamming to me.

Yea making assumptions makes an ass out of U and mptions. :p

slaughteruall
24-06-04, 13:22
Crazy didn't say a server nor did he use >, he instead said : Pluto owns all, which is completly different.

Making statments about the mods like that could get you into a bit of trouble.

There is no difference between pluto owns all and pluto > all servers. It's the same thing.

I did not make a statement i asked a question. Once again there is a difference.

Also there is a edit button maybe you should use it sometime.

Slaughter

Drake6k
24-06-04, 13:22

I'm not stupid. One zone north of Telza, I_06 launcher pit, worm tunnel at yutano, swamp cave near gravis, battle dome, racetrack, graves, tunnels, escador, elfarid exc. All empty. Yeah ok I find 1 - 4 people in two hours driving around the game yay fun. :wtf: I'm not looking for noobs to gank. I want a fight outside pepper park often with vehicles and there is no other way besides going to hunting spots or hacking a OP 1st layer. Every time I hack 1st layer they log 5 million people from saturn and zerg which sucks greatly.

Archeus
24-06-04, 13:27
I'm not stupid. One zone north of Telza, I_06 launcher pit, worm tunnel at yutano, swamp cave near gravis, battle dome, racetrack, graves, exc. All empty. Yeah ok I find 1 - 4 people in two hours driving around the game yay fun. :wtf: I'm not looking for noobs to gank. I want a fight outside pepper park often with vehicles and there is no other way besides going to hunting spots or hacking a OP 1st layer. Every time I hack 1st layer they log 5 million people from saturn and zerg which sucks greatly.

Thats good. You didn't name one of the places I know are good levelling spots.

You want people to fight, then ask for one.

trigger hurt
24-06-04, 13:49
You said you were shouting for 5 hours (doing nothing else?). Sounds like spamming to me.

Yea making assumptions makes an ass out of U and mptions. :pMessage every 5 minutes while I am standing around researching that I need a poke, TL 83. Hardly spam...

Doesn't make any difference anyway. I still log on occasionally to see if anything has changed and the place is still a ghost town.

Clothing_Option
24-06-04, 14:33
nothing wrong with pluto.
I've never had a problem getting poked and have never had to pay mad cash?

God damn right Gary tell these pple what time it is
all you need to do is be in a clan where pple have alts to do the support work
and u dont have to pay shit

garyu69
24-06-04, 14:42
I'm up at the MB most nights, problem is that i am there and all i see are friendlies.
Then when i do leave i get told by my noobs in clan who are trying to level that they just got killed by AYB.

The bad thing is these guys are real noobs too, who are all confused at why someone who is meant to be a friend has killed them. So they just GR back to MB and try to keep doing their thing only to be killed again :(

By the time i get there the noob killers have GR'ed out because their SL is low.

Cr33p3r
24-06-04, 15:37
great more shit from AYB DRE clan there just pking evry one (dark 2)

anywayz leave pluto alone quit whining you dont see us plutinians whine about the low pop level if you cant find a tradeskiller join a clan more chance to get you shit done

formori
24-06-04, 15:39
well having a 4 char server is a good idea for its orginal idea, letting you try all 4 classes but diffrent chars. the diffrence is what they are being used for now which has nothing to do with RP at all. i resser one ctr and your main char, now i never need anyone ever again woooo.

its simple

pluto = RP server, some PvP
saturn = PvP server, some RP

ive actually been told off for RPing my character on saturn and got dols it was "gay" and no on RPed here. now this is a RPG soooo i went back to pluto and low and behold people RP here :D

Crest
24-06-04, 15:46

Or Mebbe Gasp ... I cant afford 4 accounts Gasp .....

Marx
24-06-04, 15:47
How about we all just chill for two months.

shend
24-06-04, 15:54
How about we all just chill for two months.

damn right marx
and how about we leave pluto alone.
those who want higher pop can bugger off to saturn, those who like pluto for what it is will stay anyway
nuff said

Disturbed021
24-06-04, 15:57

Do nothing with Pluto cause there is nothing to do with it.
If you can't find pokers or repairs than thats really your own fault cause they are there. Just need to know who to talk to.
Friends and clanmates play a huge role as far as tradeskillers go these days.

As far as pop goes I have seen nothing but an increase lately, of course thats not saying too much considering the pop is still horrible low....

FlashFF
24-06-04, 16:03
I don't get it...

I never have a problem on pluto. I get tradeskillers whenever I need em, Somtimes the occasional couple of minutes wait but thats nothing extreme. I get attacked by enemies and neutrals with the occasional in-faction argument. All of it coming down to RP.

I've also played saturn. Sometimes im pked by neutrals and allies for some reason, sometimes by enemies. But the one thing that happens all the time is i get attacked by an enemy and kill em... 2 mins later a huge alt of allied faction comes and kills me for it...
Wheres the sense in that?

People on saturn have alts to solve all their problems and they are spread over multiple factions. Theres absolutelly no RP, its mostly just a bunch of idiots who log on to pk then log off.
If they all moved a char to pluto, It'd ruin the server. Pluto is where you go if you want to play the game the way it's designed. Where you are a runner loyal to a faction, just trying to make your faction stand out above all its enemies. We have the occasional pk who kills everyone and that's fine. Generally they dont kill noobs (which makes people new to the game want to leave before their trial is up) and they do it all for good fun and dont need to ruin your own fun doing so. Hunting spots are generally safe and people who kill in them usually get hunted down.

That's the way i think it should be done, and thats why I still play pluto. Then if we want to go all out and kill everyone, we go to fight night and have a good set of duels then usually at the end beat the living hell out of everyone just for a laugh.

Jest
24-06-04, 16:06
I find it so incredibly ironic that people play Saturn because it has more people even with all the ridiculous levels of assholism and technical problems. The simple fact is that people play Saturn because it has more players, thats the one thing it has going for it.

Then again every time one of these threads is made and I see some of the Pluto players posting, it makes me just hate Pluto all that more. Some people just really need a swift kick in the balls.

I wonder if Venus is hiring...

ezza
24-06-04, 16:07
meh even when pluto was higher population i still had problems getting trade skillers

if it wasnt for Marxs crahn clan and Dr Quinn, i wouldnt of even stayed longer than a hour.

so im xp it was lack of tradeskillers that pushed me away from pluto.

so i play saturn where i have access to a number of tradeskillers(and not just my own).

if people wanted to play on pluto they would likewise if people wanted to play on saturn they will, so just leave it be.

ridiculous levels of assholism
i must have a knack for either avoiding this or ignoring it, or perhaps im part of it i dunno, but i rarely see this.

but then i hang with my clan who aint to use fenyx's word "asshats" and tbh the people i associate with out of clan are cool, even some enemies.

maybe you people jsut attract them as soon as you join saturn

phunqe
24-06-04, 16:09
Let there be light, He said.
All darkness quickly turned into light.

Let there be trees, He said.
Trees there were indeed.

Let there be a Nid, He said.
All the world now trembled.

Let there be trees, He said.
...actually He didn't get to finish that sentence.

Learn from history.

IceStorm
24-06-04, 16:11
Nothing to see here. Move along.

There is nothing wrong with Pluto. Leave it alone. I don't want a flood of Saturn or Uranus immigrants who don't know Pluto's ways cluttering up the joint.

If you want to play Pluto, build a character there and learn the culture. The slot's there. Use it.

Darken
24-06-04, 16:57
Pluto is a fine server. It maybe low populated and sometimes a bit boring.
But we dont have the problem with getting scammed on Pluto like on other servers.
Theres alot RP on pluto and ppl here actually Enjoy events and do not ruin some.

Additionally i think on Pluto are besides Jupiter the most skilled fights.

We almost know everyone because of the low ppl.

Its just nice and lovely :angel:

ou7blaze
24-06-04, 17:09
Tbh i don't think roleplay really exists in this game anymore... (i dunno pluto there's like no one one when i play , and i dont care if u go "wow look at this !!!! i have a screenshot of 120 MAXIMUM!!!!" )

Pluto has low population , i don't care.

Uranus is in between of everything , maybe a bit better than venus.

IMO, pluto is dead, has been dead and will be dead (maybe until DoY)

I dunno why there are millions of people backing pluto saying bullshit like

"wow dude saturn is SOOOO lame there is NOOO roleplay , come to pluto u can roleplay with 6 people ^_^"

wtf? get a life and play a single player game , pluto is depressing man.

Xylaz
24-06-04, 17:11
Actually, there is something wrong with pluto - at least for me. But i'm not the only one with that problem, unfortunately, as many people i know have similiar point of view on this.

It's just some people are either too ignorant/arrogant/or just simply stupid enough to think that because THEY are fine, every other living being on pluto is fine. It is not, at least not for me.
My buddy list contains 47 names, two months ago 99% of them was active, now its only me and dr Quinn. All clans, all people, almost all friends left the game. All others nowadays are mostly hostile to me or my faction and even if i know them (yeah, i know whole stupid server and it's a nightmare... there is no roleplaying when everyone knows everyone) i dont want to use their services. That is why i am bound to wait endlessly for pokes/cst/research etc. So its not *that* easy. It is easy, indeed, if u have friendly cst/ress/rep/poker in your clan, or just a mate who playes at the same timezone as you.
And yes, pluto is empty, at least (again) for me - MB, crp, battledome, gabanium - no one's ever there. Or sometimes i have a luck of spotting some lone runner lvling, reroller of course as there are no new people on pluto. So, from my perpective, pluto is empty - i am hostile to 70% of the server (intentionally or not) and cannot find anyone to fight anywhere except PP... It has been like this for at least two weeks... I'm sick of hunting warbots, really, been doing this for last 3 weeks - now i have 10 cabs full of unressed rares because i couldnt find a friendly researcher for 2 weeks.
Besides, i'm european and most pluto players are US timezone based, so no sense of playing in euro afternoon times. It's like 40 people there, 80% of them are afk.

My point is, Pluto situation have changed drastically over last few weeks. If u are crahn/tg/bd or dre, you wont see this, as all your friends are still here (but as some people mentioned, you might realize that you have a little less innocent targets than usual), but from the other side it looks quite different.

Of course, maybe its just me - all major clans are still there, right? The problem is that most of the smaller ones dissapeared...

az

Scikar
24-06-04, 17:52
If some of the Pluto players learned to drop the 'Pluto is superior' attitude, more people would probably want to play there. As it is, I see no improvement on PvP when I go there (god knows where people get the idea that every Pluto player is somehow more skilled from), I see little improvement in RP, and I see the server dominated by large clans who don't RP in the slightest. Not to mention there are just as many assholes to be found on Pluto as there are elsewhere.

If Pluto players would learn to realise and accept that it's not miles better than all the other servers put together, I might have started playing there more.

Mumblyfish
24-06-04, 17:53
What to do with Pluto?

Nothing.

What to do with IeGit?

Move him to Saturn.

ezza
24-06-04, 18:00
Move him to Saturn.

nah you guys can keep him :p

Jest
24-06-04, 18:08
If Pluto players would learn to realise and accept that it's not miles better than all the other servers put together, I might have started playing there more.I'm plain and simple a Pluto player. Even as annoyed I am with it, and no matter how much convincing I try to do on myself, I would probably not play another server. Pluto is not superior, its just my home. And despite what other Pluto players say, its far from fine, which is why you see threads like this. I seriously wish the "Pluto is fine" people would shut the hell up. No its not fine, it sucks ass, which is why I have only played one day in the past two weeks. Neocron without Pluto isnt worth playing, and right now Pluto is going through some hard times. I know many feel the same way.

If waiting for two months is the only thing we can do to get Pluto back on track, then I won't like it, but so be it. But that doesn't mean I cant try and think of any way in my power to help up the pops.

Shadow Dancer
24-06-04, 18:13
If some of the Pluto players learned to drop the 'Pluto is superior' attitude, more people would probably want to play there. As it is, I see no improvement on PvP when I go there (god knows where people get the idea that every Pluto player is somehow more skilled from), I see little improvement in RP, and I see the server dominated by large clans who don't RP in the slightest. Not to mention there are just as many assholes to be found on Pluto as there are elsewhere.

If Pluto players would learn to realise and accept that it's not miles better than all the other servers put together, I might have started playing there more.

Great post Sci. And Xylaz too.

I seriously wish the "Pluto is fine" people would shut the hell up.

Me too Jest.

ezza
24-06-04, 18:14
what no heavypoker to tell us people like pluto the way it is :eek:

IceStorm
24-06-04, 18:15
I seriously wish the "Pluto is fine" people would shut the hell up.
Pluto is fine relative to all the suggestions made to "fix" it. It's far better off with a lower population than a surge of moved Saturn/Uranus characters, a merger with another server, or any of the other hair-brained ideas that have popped up regarding "fixing" it.

Leave Pluto alone. BDOY, if properly advertised and marketed, should "fix" it. If not, we're all done for anyway.

Scikar
24-06-04, 18:18
Pluto is fine relative to all the suggestions made to "fix" it. It's far better off with a lower population than a surge of moved Saturn/Uranus characters, a merger with another server, or any of the other hair-brained ideas that have popped up regarding "fixing" it.

Leave Pluto alone. BDOY, if properly advertised and marketed, should "fix" it. If not, we're all done for anyway.

You know, not everyone on Saturn and Uranus is an asshole, regardless of the impression you may have.

Simple fact, Pluto's population is the lowest of all the servers. If you want more people on Pluto, they're going to have to come from the other servers. There are a whole bunch of cool people on both Uranus and Saturn who would help make Pluto a great server again, but when they keep getting written off as assholes just because they play on a different server, what's their incentive?

Jest
24-06-04, 18:24
what's their incentive? Benches baby! We've got benches and lots of them. Benches > Standing.

-Demon-
24-06-04, 18:25
I'm up at the MB most nights, problem is that i am there and all i see are friendlies.
Then when i do leave i get told by my noobs in clan who are trying to level that they just got killed by AYB.

The bad thing is these guys are real noobs too, who are all confused at why someone who is meant to be a friend has killed them. So they just GR back to MB and try to keep doing their thing only to be killed again :(

By the time i get there the noob killers have GR'ed out because their SL is low.

If they noobs then:
1. They should have the LE if they leveling and don't want to die.

2. Explain to them we are war, if they really noobs they shouldn't be in a clan anyway..most of the time nowadays noobs are infact players either re-rolled or alts.

great more shit from AYB DRE clan there just pking evry one (dark 2)

rofl most of the members came from Dark personally I haven't seen or heard anyone pking dark. Most Dark have left for AYB or a new TT clan. Get your facts right, we are not pking everyone ask most of the city clans, we are fine with em, even settled differences with Pimp. We only fight Sxr pvp not at ops.
We have issues with CM, exo, fa in general and tg.

I may have missed something out but thats a pretty good idea.

Heavyporker
25-06-04, 10:30
what no heavypoker to tell us people like pluto the way it is :eek:

That's because I'm tired of repeating myself on countless threads.

That and I can't play Neocron atm so I can't count myself as one of Pluto's Eight Wonders.

YoDa-UK
25-06-04, 10:52
Just to break the mold here which a lot of people think about saturn players.

1. I don't have any tradeskill players, no hackers, no pokers nothing, all 4 chars i own are fighters in their own way.

2. I don't gank newbies, people that know me from Pluto days know what im like.

3. I don't even warbot hunt, I don't trade, i don't do anything but fight with one char or another.

Currently i have a melee tank, a apu, a rifle spy and a droner spy, only reason to have these chars is for fighting "melee tank and apu" at outposts and such, or for fun "rifle/droner"

People say there is a lot of high lvl idiots ganking newbs on saturn, this is true and i have fought many so far, and will continue to as i have always done.

You can't be truthful and compare both servers at this time, coz of the low population on pluto it would appear to be a different style of server, it is only because of this low population it is this way, yet when Pluto had 300+ on it there was plenty of "asshats" on there, i should know as i fought them daily while they tried to pk newbs in the aggies and so on, anyone remember Sweat leaf on pluto, to name just one.

Fact is those who went to saturn went for 2 reasons

1. higher player base
2. choice on chars without rerolling or paying for more accounts.

Those that stayed on pluto like that game style, nothing wrong with that, and nothing with with saturns either, we pay to play and we play how we like.

No one server owns another.

Candaman
25-06-04, 13:00
Nothing.

Move him to Saturn.

did u just quote urself dood lmfao.

I've played both server's a lot and on saturn i've found a lot more of a abuse and childishness but as anima says that basically comes with numbers. The thing about saturn i can't stand is of the 4 or 5 gr's that u are free to gr to theres usually about 10 people stood round it ready to "pwn" you with ur 20% si. Now obviously that don't happen on pluto (i don't think there are enough players to cover all the open gr's :P) But its more of the case that people have the attitude we left and pluto has a poor population so were not going back. Even though if we went back it would up the population to a decent lvl but nooo population is too low.

Nothing will change because people assume that u can't have fun with 100 people on a server but fun is what u make of it

solling
25-06-04, 13:57
well i have been playing on both servers recently
pluto for a long time and sat for a few month and i must say i do liek pluto better
sure saturn have more peops atm but to me it just dont feel good
its the fucked up faction things the fact u can never ever know if a guy will attack u even if hes green the fact saturn bring the entire faction + friends to every fight even if they are attacked by 4 peops
i prefer pluto tho i do wish more peops would come cuz atm its booring
that the only reason i play on sat to is not enough peops on pluto.
the day 200 peops begin to play on pluto again regularely im there 100% of the time
its all about the servers attitude
and i have been playing on pluto since it had 600+ peops and i must say it was never as screwed up as saturn faction wise

shend
25-06-04, 13:58
pluto is not fine
pluto is not superior
pluto is low population
it's all been said before

now go and play where ever you like, it has never bothered me
server is not the issue, merging is. As long as not a vast majority of
plutonians is asking for it themselves, leave things the way they are.

as for DARK going pro city, thats a choice evry member has to make for themselves.

solling
25-06-04, 14:00
ohh and yeh leave the servers alone and peops can play wherever they prefer
its ur own choice

garyu69
25-06-04, 14:29
Nothing will change because people assume that u can't have fun with 100 people on a server but fun is what u make of it
i think that sums it up. No need to continue this topic now because thats the answer, fun is what you make of it and if you just sit in PP or plaza waiting for it to come then you won't have fun.

sex

Drake6k
25-06-04, 14:45
i think that sums it up. No need to continue this topic now because thats the answer, fun is what you make of it and if you just sit in PP or plaza waiting for it to come then you won't have fun.

Dirt is what you make of it but in the end it isn't very fun. You can only make so much.

garyu69
25-06-04, 14:48
Dirt is what you make of it but in the end it isn't very fun. You can only make so much.
well that depends what dirt we are talking about......
.....dirty girls are good

-=BlackBeard=-
25-06-04, 17:14
No it won't cause when it does it will be closed, No server bashing

im sorry but pluto > saturn

ezza
25-06-04, 17:15
im sorry but pluto > saturn
keep telling yourself that :rolleyes:

r3yka
25-06-04, 17:21
good to play all servers

Pluto - fighting GOOD PVPers , meeting kewl ppl
Saturn - PKing
Uranus - log on to uranus for one hour then go to pluto or staurn so it feels fun

40$Poser
25-06-04, 17:54
What MegaMan is saying (I think), is to add in the option to allow you to transfer characters between servers. In this case, specifically to Pluto.
It would not be forced, merely something you could chose to do.

I still disagree personally, while it might work to boost population, it probably won't, as a large part of the current population of the other servers is former Pluto players who got bored with having just one character per account or the low population.

that would involve work and god knows how much KK hates that

(sorry I had to say it)

:p plus KK would never do such a thing for anything, but DoY.

Candaman
25-06-04, 18:01
as for DARK going pro city, thats a choice evry member has to make for themselves.

DarK hasn't gone pro-city wtf are u on about

Morganth
25-06-04, 18:04
People from Pluto dont drop away in 1 account units, they drop off in 2-3 account units.

Kinda destroys the point, doesn't it?

If you wanna play on a 1 slot server, then stick to having 1 character. Having more than one character on a 1 slot server destroys your point of "Pluto owning all", as all you have done is created another Saturn/Uranus with a different community.

Candaman
25-06-04, 18:09

If you wanna play on a 1 slot server, then stick to having 1 character. Having more than one character on a 1 slot server destroys your point of "Pluto owning all", as all you have done is created another Saturn/Uranus with a different community.

The reason people are saying "pluto own all" i'm pretty sure is not based on the fact its a one slot server thus making ur point invalid

VetteroX
25-06-04, 19:05
Pluto and uranus should just be shut down until DoY to force people to play saturn... its the only server with people so we should just get everyone there. Give em the equipt they need for free to start their first char... I dont care. Just get the people togeather!

However, we know that wont hgappen... so if you want a fight you HAVE to come to saturn. Jack I must have asked you for a duel 20 times when I was on pluto.... you turned me down every time, no matter how much I insisted. Why didnt you want to fight then? I couldnt find a fight when pluto had 250... I doubt you can when it has 50. If you truely want to kill people, you and every pvper on pluto have ONE option... move to saturn. If you dont want to, then you will be bored... the choice is yours to make.

phunqe
25-06-04, 19:08
We Plutonians don't want to play on a server where you kill all, no matter the factions and where you're basically instantly bashed if you so much as utter one single word of RP.

End of story.

It's our choice no? So get off our ass already.

ufora
25-06-04, 19:16
theres actually fighting on pluto pretty much constantly.

the problems when one clan brings a ppu the other clan dont have a ppu online and then usually die.

plus pluto has better players :D

VetteroX
25-06-04, 19:30
Pluto has the best players now? If I remeber, my tank could beat any tank and my pe could beat any pe on pluto...and Ive moved to saturn. Some tanks could kill my pe more then I could kill their tank, but my tank was able to kill their tank.

I dont view most of the current the "plutonians" as plutos real population... you have to remeber, most of plutos population has left, either the game or to another server, its pop wasnt always 50. It wasnt the "rp" server when I played there, it was the pvp server. Now most of the pvpers have left... whats left are people who are just too lazy to start on a new server, and people who dont like pvp and just want to chat, which could easily be accomplished on instant messenger.

Shadow Dancer
25-06-04, 19:37

omg

Drake is the winnar! Great post.

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif

Amen Morganth. I'm tired of the people with multiple accounts bringing up the fact that pluto has 1 char slot, as if that's supposed to mean something.

phunqe
25-06-04, 19:38
whats left are people who are just too lazy to start on a new server, and people who dont like pvp and just want to chat, which could easily be accomplished on instant messenger.

Did you read what I wrote before?

I have a character on Saturn, I started on Saturn before Pluto was online.

I went there last week:
I was immediately ganked several times by an allied faction.
I was practically booed at when even trying to stage some sort of RP "Oh I haven't been here in a while".

So don't come here and talk about fucking lazy. I would rather say mature then than lazy in this case.

All just stay on their respective servers and shut the fuck up. I know I will now.

Good day.

Mumblyfish
25-06-04, 19:42
Dear people who now play on other servers,

A lot of us love Pluto the way it is. It's never been better. Stop trying to kill OUR server and keep playing YOURS.

Everyone's happy.

Yours,
The undersigned

START SIGNING!

Disturbed021
25-06-04, 20:58
Pluto has always been and always will be my favorite server.
I have 4 chars on Saturn and you know what? Even though the population is much higher than Pluto it is soo much more boring to me. I have to mute Trade NC because of all the kiddies who love spam :rolleyes:
When leveling, I have to gr and cross my fingers that all the leet GR campers are taking a break :rolleyes:
When being ganked its typically by an allied runner while I'm hacking or at half-health fighting a mob :rolleyes: Oh Joy! Its not more fun on Saturn....tbh its just a pain in the ass. Maybe it would be different if I actually knew ppl there or was in a kickass clan *shrug*

Is Pluto fine? No not really...the pop sucks. But the suggestion of moving to another server or merging them is just stupid. The underlaying problem is not the Pluto server itself, its the lack of ppl playing NC in total. Fix the total pop problem and shut up about Pluto please.

Psychoninja
25-06-04, 21:02
To the people who want to merge server....
Stop being lazy and make a new char on another server....everyone else who moved had to do it...I've said it a billion times, the time you spend posting whining about the server pop etc is time you could've been lvling.

To the people who like pluto how it is...good for you...
Everything solved :eek:

The only thing I agree to that is remotely close to a server merge is a char transfer that costs money....thats about it.

Psycho Killa
25-06-04, 21:07
Omg pluto people may have multiple accounts but people pay an extra 10 a month for there extra characters so they take more care of them it seems.

Also on pluto I have NEVER had someone log there alt to come get me. A majority of the time also people have there alts in the same exact faction unless they are running epic runs. None of this I got 10 spies in my enemies clan bullshit.

We also don't have an abundance of people being able to exploit the shit out of tropp carriers. So money has a bit more meaning on pluto.

Though I currently do play saturn because well pluto in its current state just isnt fun to me right now. Though nothing will be stopping me from going back to pluto come sept 1st.

Lucid Dream
25-06-04, 21:18
Dear people who now play on other servers,

A lot of us love Pluto the way it is. It's never been better. Stop trying to kill OUR server and keep playing YOURS.

Everyone's happy.

Yours,
The undersigned

START SIGNING!

*signs*

[ edited ] I like Pluto because of the community, i levelled chars on saturn, and i hated it. I gave it a try, and it dissapointed me so much that i abandoned all hope for that server, and never went back. There is plenty of pvp, so long as you are in an active clan.

Candaman
25-06-04, 22:17
[ edited ]

ezza
25-06-04, 22:54
Pluto has always been and always will be my favorite server.
I have 4 chars on Saturn and you know what? Even though the population is much higher than Pluto it is soo much more boring to me. I have to mute Trade NC because of all the kiddies who love spam :rolleyes:
When leveling, I have to gr and cross my fingers that all the leet GR campers are taking a break :rolleyes:
When being ganked its typically by an allied runner while I'm hacking or at half-health fighting a mob :rolleyes: Oh Joy! Its not more fun on Saturn....tbh its just a pain in the ass. Maybe it would be different if I actually knew ppl there or was in a kickass clan *shrug*

Is Pluto fine? No not really...the pop sucks. But the suggestion of moving to another server or merging them is just stupid. The underlaying problem is not the Pluto server itself, its the lack of ppl playing NC in total. Fix the total pop problem and shut up about Pluto please.

thats a big point though "if i knew ppl there or was in kick ass clan" that makes a big diffrence, pluto was boring for me when i arrived there because apart from a few people on the forum or from saturn who were nice to me there like killer and ][)ank i didnt know anyone, so it was boring.

tbh the people who love pluto will always love pluto the people who love saturn will always love saturn.

you come to saturn ready to pick holes in the server, where if the same thing goes down on pluto you ignore it.

back when i did play pluto for about a month period, the trade was as spammy as saturns, there was the same amount of same faction pkers(the few times i got killed only 1 was enemy) and even that enemy was abig pussy when i came back drugged up using PoB(pre boost).

so same shit diffrent server imo dont matter what way you want to dress it up.

meh gonna end here got more to say but lost train of though

Psychoninja
25-06-04, 22:58
Though I currently do play saturn because well pluto in its current state just isnt fun to me right now.

Exactly!

I really don't like paying 10$ a month to log on and make my own fun day after day like I had to do on pluto. Call me lazy but I like the fact that I can log on in the afternoon and already see an OP war in progress, can't say I saw much of that on pluto.

Jest
25-06-04, 23:02
Well its really easy to point out why we like such and such server, but thats not really the point. We shouldnt even have to have this conversation about merging and such. For the people who say "Come to Saturn", I say "Come to Pluto." Since its been stated many times most people have characters on Pluto, then in fact itd be easier for you to come back to us. BUT, who cares anyways, if you want to play another server then thats totally your choice. Good for you.

My personal concerns with Pluto is that half the server is in denial that there is a problem. The "leave Pluto alone" posts get old. No I wont leave Pluto alone, because I care about it. If you disagree with an idea I have about Pluto, then by all means, disagree, but I for one will not settle for watching my home server get flushed down the toilet for two months. I will do everything in my power to make it better, including starting events, making suggestions on ways to improve the server or set it apart. Let me make my suggestions and I'll let you disagree with them. Don't live in ignorance that Pluto is fine, and don't give up on her either.

Techi
25-06-04, 23:20

Unless of course when saturn is down ;)

There hasn't been a day in 3 weeks that Pluto peaked below 120.

Psycho_SquiRReL
26-06-04, 00:39
theirs no fair way to merge servers

Promethius
26-06-04, 01:10
theirs no fair way to merge servers

yea true that. Merging servers at first glance seems like a great idea, but the problems that would follow far outway the benefits. My suggestion: Create a new server 3 chars, no safe zones(except in factions HQ's), and no belts. I'm sure many like myself would flood to that server.

-Prom

Benjie
26-06-04, 01:57
Leave pluto alone. Just move to Saturn if you want a larger playerbase.

Pluto has been my home since January 2003, and if you touch one slot on it's character menu, I'll kick every pro-merger forum members ass and leave.

Pluto's atmosphere is the reason I play Neocron.

Drake6k
26-06-04, 02:53
Jack I must have asked you for a duel 20 times when I was on pluto.... you turned me down every time, no matter how much I insisted. Why didnt you want to fight then?

I dont like plain old dueling. That is why I never go to fight night and my name doesn't come up that often as a good fighter. I dont need to prove that I am good. I pvp for my own enjoyment and like my fights real. People just fight for egos and if they win or lose I am never happy with how they respond. Most people have an excuse if they lose or say "gf" if they do very well. If I I kill someone making them look like a noob it is not a good fight. If you want to fight me find me. That might be hard right now though as I never login anymore...

shend
26-06-04, 09:56
DarK hasn't gone pro-city wtf are u on about
its all about 20-30 people leaving for tt and dre while the rest is inactive
when i logged on last night i was there on my own
go ask nvidia, bones etc hwat they are about

shend
26-06-04, 10:04
I dont view most of the current the "plutonians" as plutos real population... you have to remeber, most of plutos population has left, either the game or to another server, its pop wasnt always 50. It wasnt the "rp" server when I played there, it was the pvp server. Now most of the pvpers have left... whats left are people who are just too lazy to start on a new server, and people who dont like pvp and just want to chat, which could easily be accomplished on instant messenger.

whats your problem mate? running out of people to gank? whats it to you if other people decide not to play on saturn. how does that affect your playing?
its fucking dogmatic when kiddies tell me where and how to play
mind your own business, it's not like i'm telling you what to do

evryone is mature enough to decide where to play, so leave it be

ichinin
26-06-04, 22:46
Pluto and uranus should just be shut down until DoY to force people to play saturn... its the only server with people so we should just get everyone there. Give em the equipt they need for free to start their first char... I dont care. Just get the people togeather!

Can any KK representative tell me if the forum have a ignore list soon or?

And no, i quit playing on that manure box called Saturn because of people like you. There, live with it.

VetteroX
26-06-04, 23:05

And no, i quit playing on that manure box called Saturn because of people like you. There, live with it.

Sanjuro (PE) Saturn - PKer your char... you quit playing saturn because of pkers like me... when your a pker.... that made a lot of sense. And, if your too stupid to figure out how to put someone on ignore, dont use the forums.

Mumblyfish
26-06-04, 23:11

[ edited ]
:angel:

Nidhogg
26-06-04, 23:18
As Mumbly was trying to say in his round about rule-breaking way, there is an ignore feature on the forums.

N

Mumblyfish
26-06-04, 23:40
As Mumbly was trying to say in his round about rule-breaking way, there is an ignore feature on the forums.

N
Jus' tryin' to be 'elpful, Gov'nor.

MUMBLY'S NON-FLAMING, NON-RULEBREAKING GUIDE TO PUTTING SOMEONE ON THE IGNORE LIST.
No rules were broken in the making of this walkthrough.

http://neocron.jafc.de/profile.php?do=editlist
Type in ignoree's name.
Voila.
Here's a link to a random warez site with homophobic flames, exploits, discussion of said exploits, and pictures of Odin wearing a Bikini. (wtfbomb)

Cr33p3r
27-06-04, 00:24
i like pluto i dont mind the low pop and i dont switch server if kk takes pluto offline then i cansel my 3 accounts and remove nc and i whis that thise neptune/uranus players quit attacking our low pop count its not the pop cap that means its the players on it that count and if you cant find a tradeskiller then your on at the rong time or totaly not looking right so if i need a constructor i have a char for it if i need reseaching i got a alt for one poking repping i know peeps for it so quit bitching about pluto we dont attack uranus/saturn so get the hell off our back

Pluto City merc`s

ichinin
27-06-04, 01:40
Sanjuro (PE) Saturn - PKer your char... you quit playing saturn because of pkers like me... when your a pker.... that made a lot of sense.

Sanjuro wasn't that originally, but yeah - i'm now sometimes "Roleplay" a massmurderer on Saturn.. funny how that works out isn't it? That character is adding to the "atmosphere" of Saturn.

And oh, if you are an idiot that cannot configure/fix your own computer; dont put threads here asking for help/advice. (Ignore on)

ou7blaze
27-06-04, 01:52
I play uranus, nth wrong with it.

I dont play on saturn coz .. :

- i don't fucking know ANYONE at all ?

- i play at awquard hours where ALL servers dont peak about 100, at least that's when i start playing.

- i get AT LEAST 100 ping higher on saturn (no exaggeration) , (+frequent lag spikes for some reason wtf)

if i know ANYONE at all , if server ping and stability was improved , yes i would go to saturn simply coz there are more people.

but no im not gonna level my tank, apu, spy and pe again, no thx.