PDA

View Full Version : Neofrag - how to make it better

Cubico
23-06-04, 14:36
Hi,

I have only been two or three times to Neofrag.
I am not sure why I dont like it but it may have to do with the following:

- Its in Pepper Park. So when you go to NF with your belt full of all your weapons then you can get killed
- I think there are no maps that allows clans to train op wars or something similar. The maps are for deathmatches which are not much fun. There should be some big wasteland zones with houses or fortifications.
- I am not sure if it is possible to define different teams so that you can see your enemies as red colored players
- When you die and start in another position you are on low health and you dont have your normal run speed. Others see you and may think you are already ready again for next fight.
- I think KK planned to add a feature in the neocron launcher to directly go into Neofrag. Not sure if it was stopped.

So if KK would work on that it would be more useful and more fun.

Cyphor
23-06-04, 14:53
I agree with it being a bit odd that its in pp, more for the reason it is meant to be the only place in the game where you can have true consensual pvp with no consequences, and then they place it in zones that you might have to fight to get to it O_o Imo some people would use it more if it was in a safe zone which would also benefit the community as soon they would grow in confidence over their pvp skills and we would have more active fighters.

The op war training is a good idea, more for small clans who don’t have the power to attempt an op war till they grow a bit, however it would take away from interaction between clans, it can be fun to ask a ally for a mock op war if you need to practice :)

I agree it seems odd you start back with low health etc, but then your going to need to buff anyway, so its never really been a problem for me.

Not sure about the launcher thing but that would be great, would be even better if it just loaded a temp image of your char to a neofrag where chars from all servers could meet :D

numb
23-06-04, 15:26
It would be good if they fixed up the deathmatch so you respawned on full health like any normal dm game. I think that alone might make more people play it.

formori
23-06-04, 15:30
also if you would spawn monsters there for pratice

Richard Slade
23-06-04, 15:48
I'd say get the lag out of there too..
That's a real bitch in NF

Parappa
23-06-04, 15:50
Also fix the scoring system.

ezza
23-06-04, 16:03
g0rt had a good thread about fixing neofrag, should still be around

SorkZmok
23-06-04, 16:34
-fix the score
-fix the lag
-fix the runspeed bug
-ppl flying around
-ppl stuck in the ceiling
-relogging when you die with 3+ drugs running

ezza
23-06-04, 16:42
-relogging when you die with 3+ drugs running
thats not just a neofrag problem though

SorkZmok
23-06-04, 16:55
thats not just a neofrag problem thoughI know. I'm playing a spy using 3 drugs all the time. It sucks. I bet KK tried to fix it but don't even know why in hell you have to relog then... o_O

Scikar
23-06-04, 17:13
Make the decks accessible from shops which can be dotted around like Venture Warp. And make them the same decks. When you open up one deck it gives you info on that deck - modify the terminal so that all terminals open up a list of all decks. It's a virtual arena anyway, so there's no reason why someone in NF in MB shouldn't be able to fight someone in a Plaza branch and at the same time a TG in the canyon.

ufora
23-06-04, 17:33
fix scoring, damage, and lag, then do all those things

StryfeX
23-06-04, 17:42
I agree 100%. I personally would like to see you spawn exactly the way you entered the arena. Full buffs, full clip in your gun/full PSI pool, full STA pool, and full health.

Fix the damned gravlifts and get some decent client prediction routines going instead of the super-duper shit ones we have now. (You know, the ones where you move toward an edge and appear to have fallen off to the other people but are actually still on top, shooting people.)

--Stryfe

Archeus
23-06-04, 17:44
- have drugs have no drug flash, or at least not until you die.

- Have an Op based neofrag zone/wasteland zone to let droners/snipers fight.

- Loms work instantly with no Synaptic while inside NF

- Have a single player zone that allows players to fight against various mobs (but only ones that they have seen).

- Have it randomly exit you so people can't camp where you come out.

- Option to handicap/boost a runner would be nice.

tomparadox
23-06-04, 18:04
Heres my 2 cense...

*Add new maps- All it is is like the same 4 maps repeeted...
*Make it when you die you dont spawn missing over half your health, its *stupid...
*Fix grav lift bug
*Fix drug/spawn bug(not jest in neofrag)
*Fix lag
*Fix the floating thing( wich isent jest in neofrag)
*On deck one you can get stuck in that little hole thing thats in the midle of the deck under the spining thing...
*Make the ammo port thing give out about 10 - 15 clips of ammo insted of 4...
*Maby* make a temporary kill delay after you die, IE you die you spawn and you cant be killed/fight for like 3 seconds... To prevent spawn killing.
*Fix the score.
*Make diferent entrenses to neofrag that are in the city, by in the city i meen Plaza/via sectores.
*maby* make eatch neofrag have a diferent set of maps. So its not all the same, eatch is uniqe, it would give people a reason to get out of P2 and go viset the other sectores of the city.
*Fix the thing that when APUs kill you and lick on righ before you die you spawn and then get HLed from the other side of the map...
*Fix the bug that, when you get poisend/parad/cast a heal/shelt/def ( in other words any stuff that stack on for over 5 seconds... ) anyway, when you get it casted on you it stays on when you leav, or atlest looks like it dose...

anyway thats all i can think of for the moment...

Archeus
23-06-04, 18:08
normal NF in safe zones. Special NF in hot zones (eg. Pepper park).

- Allows you to change stats.
- Allows you to play a different class
- Allows you to play as a mob

- Different game types. For example 'Survival' like AvP2. Basically everyone starts as a runner and one is a mob. When the runner is killed they join the mobs team.

ZyproN
23-06-04, 18:14
- Its in Pepper Park. So when you go to NF with your belt full of all your weapons then you can get killed
- I think there are no maps that allows clans to train op wars or something similar. The maps are for deathmatches which are not much fun. There should be some big wasteland zones with houses or fortifications.
- I am not sure if it is possible to define different teams so that you can see your enemies as red colored players

Yes i hate thats its at PP couse everytime i go out of NF i got a fatal then sync :( You never know who can be out there.

Train op wars could be fun not just practice but also make a team of 10 vs. 10 or something then fight at a op or something. :)

Only one thing left to say i hope KK reading this ^^

tomparadox
23-06-04, 18:14
- Allows you to play as a mob

hmm, you might half to make the maps BIG for that. Because i have a feeling people would play as:

Elit storm bot
Grim chaser
DoY bot
DoY guard
Kamakazi dude ( i dont know what there called )

MisterP
23-06-04, 18:25
Hehe, Maybe reprogram the whole of neofrag from teh start?? :confused:

massic
23-06-04, 18:35
Isn't there supposed to be some new version of NF comming with B:DOY?

Forgot the name, something like wargames i think.

n3m
23-06-04, 18:40
Isn't there supposed to be some new version of NF comming with B:DOY?

Forgot the name, something like wargames i think.I think thats just nf in the dome..

INFERNO22
23-06-04, 23:01
I would to see new decks i have made a few but i doubt they will get used